C & G Masonry

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2007

19300 Olney Mill Rd

Olney, MD 20832

4 employees. No subs. All Masonry work is performed by a Master Mason. C & G Masonry Inc., is ready to help make your outdoor living more pleasant. We specialize in stone and brick patios, driveways, chimneys and sidewalks. We have been doing this work for twenty three years. We are licensed and

02/15/2019

Celeste P.

I had a relatively small project that needed to be taken care of and Chris and his colleague Mark worked quickly and efficiently to fix my problem! Chris worked on the brickwork, and Mark repaired the water damage that had been done on the interior of the house, and Mark even painted after he repaired the interior! They both did high quality work and I am incredibly happy with the jobs they did.

Description of Work
I needed a pin hole leak in the mortar of my bricks to be repaired and then sealed

Category drywall, masonry, interior painters

03/25/2018

Andrew H.

Great; they performed the work proposed within time frame and within budget. They coordinate closely with what the customer requests. They are passionate about getting the job right and clean up well.

Description of Work
Masonry work

Category masonry, interior painters

02/03/2018

Jean P.

The workers were unprofessional, loud and cursing as if they were hanging out drinking beer on a weekend. The work was sloppy and unprofessional. I could have done a better job myself and saved my money. I had to call them back after they left and i noticed the bricks were not evenly cut. It looked horrible as if a 5 year old did the job. They did come back to try and fix it but I will never seek their services again between the unprofessionalism and sloppy work.

Description of Work
Masonry work

Category masonry

Not sure what she talking about . We had remove a A.C. unit out of a brick wall to an addition in her home and brick up the opening. We had to be loud to communicate since we had a mason inside and one outside brick in the opening. After leaving she call us and said one brick was not cut even we returned within 20min and recut the brick. She said she was happy with it. Then she ask us to take the A.C. unit away we did not no charge. C&G Masonry Inc takes great pride in are work and if your not happy with the work you should of let us know at that time it was done.

11/02/2017

Robert R.

it did not go. C&G came and took measurements and photos and then I never heard from them again.

Description of Work
pool deck and patio area

Category masonry

Did not want the job thats why there no response since the homeowner had about 7 or more projects that where half way finished and when asked what happen to the original contractor whom started the job his response was my wife didn't like them. I was trying to be nice but I know now just to say not interested in your project rather then take measurements. Lesson learned.

07/24/2017

Elaine L.

Work went well - professional, responsible, knowledgeable

Description of Work
Replaced front walkway

Category concrete repair

03/03/2017

julie B.

Great just a planned. My porch looks great and now my home is ready to sell.

Description of Work
I am selling my home and wanted to increase the curb appeal for my front porch. I had some spalling brick that needed to be replaced and it all needed to be repointed. They also repaired some holes in the brick with morter from where a window planter had been under my front window. Chris, Gus and Pete came out and did a fantastic job. This is the second time I have hired them and have been pleased both times. They are true craftsman to there trade. Glad I waited until March for them to come since work can not be done in the cold. Thankful for them and the nice weather that has come early this year.

Category decks, masonry

10/06/2016

Brian S.

Looks great. Matched existing mortar nicely.

Description of Work
Repaired the masonry on my front stoop.

08/16/2016

Jacob F.

The bricks and mortar were so well matched that we are likely to cal him for future patio editions. They definitely work very hard and not stopped by heat or weather and do a great job!

Description of Work
Gus replaced bricks, added bricks and mortar on the outside of our house and car port. He also did some cement work under our front porch walkway.

03/26/2016

Lisa H.

Terrific. The crew was prompt, efficient and left the area free of any debris. They also gave me a very reasonable estimate to repair my front steps

Description of Work
Repaired cracked chimney which required replacing bricks to top 1/3 of chimney, waterproofing, and new cap

Category concrete repair, masonry, chimney repair

10/07/2015

Don Z.

Monday 10/5/15: I submitted a request for an estimate on the company's web site. Gus Chakalakis called me to discuss it. It was late in the day and he was heading home from work, so he said he would call me on Tuesday to schedule a visit to my house. Tuesday 10/6/15: Gus never called. I called him - he gave no apology, just a lame excuse about not having my address and/or phone number (even though I provided both in my online request). He said he would come to my house Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday 10/7/15: Gus never showed up and never called. (My husband and I were both at home all morning and afternoon.) My follow-up response to C & G Masonry's response to my original review: 1) You did see my request on your site. How else did you get my phone number to call me on Mon. 10/5/15? And I gave you my address during the phone call. 2) Again when I called you on Tues. 10/6/15, I gave you my address. 3) You state that "customers need to contact on Angie list site only." This is not stated anywhere in your company's policies on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Lousy responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism.

Category chimney repair

I did not receive a request from this customer on my site. I had no info from them. I talked to them on the phone and told them I had no address of the house. customers need to contact on Angie list site only. Thanks Gus

07/27/2015

Jean S.

It went well the quality of work was fine. My problem was that he attempted to charge an additional $445 after we already had drawn up a contract that included what he wanted to charge extra for.

Description of Work
He replaced 5 pieces of field stone and power washed walls. Removing and replacing pieces of blue stone.

Category masonry

During the project extra work had to be performed we verbally told Mr [Member name removed] about the extra charged and he agreed. When project was completed Mrs [Member name removed] was not aware of extra charge I explained she disagreed so I just let it go. Thanks for your Business Chris

05/01/2015

Kimberle B.

Awesome. The work was excellent and completed expert.. Price was excellent. I would hire Mark Falcone and C&G Masonry in a heartbeT and highly recommend them both

Description of Work
C&g masonry sub-contractor Mark Falcone has been doing work for me since he did drywall work. He is responsible, respectful and always does what he says. He ways called me to tl me when he would be at my house. I totally trusted him to work at the house when I ran errands. He caulked., did dry repair , painted the exterior of my home and painted the interior. . Gus came back to do additional work as well on the brick chimney.

Category masonry, chimney repair, house painters, interior painters

04/06/2015

Kimberle B.

Gus, Chris and Pete were extremely professional. The initial quote was 1600 for pointing and tucking. I had asked them to hang some troublesome shutters and caulk as well. As they repaired mortar after grinding all the old mortar out, they also repaired cracked bricks and did an exact match to the mortar and the ricks. You seriously cannot tell where the new work was done. As they got up on scaffolding to examine the upper chimney they discovered that the chimney was pulling away from the house and 16 bricks at the top of the chimney were falling off or cracked. They braced the chimney, repaired all the brick, bought a new cap and washed the chimney to keep the bricks from falling off. They were extraordinary. Oh and they hung all of my shutters. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Initially just point and tuck house and chimney, repair 6 bricks and wash the chimney

Category masonry, chimney repair

01/17/2015

Robert C.

They work that we needed done wasnt really what his main area was. No problem with the guy, just looking for something else. I was able to find a lower price for the same work.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal with this company.

01/14/2015

THOMAS W B.

Things went fine. They did what I made corrections or what I needed. They did everything professional. We were satisfied with them. The price was good. They did everything we asked them to and did a good job. The price was reasonable. The responsiveness was good.

Description of Work
They were some cracks in masonry that was caused by the earthquake we had. They fixed all of that. There were cracks in our front stoop that was there previously & for several years and was causing some leaking under the sump pump. I wanted it to be sealed and they did that.

Category concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping, patios

01/08/2015

Scott G.

Went great... they did a great job for a reasonable price. Almost 50% less than another estimate I received!

Description of Work
The smaller chimney- some joints that need re-tucking. The larger one where the stones are which is call the rake needed some minor repair. Applying Flex Crown or CrownCoat, over the both chimney crown surfaces. Waterproofing both New Caps for both

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/01/2015

Putnimit S.

Gus came in mid/late August 2014 and gave us a reasonable estimate ($1600) for installing a very small concrete porch stoop for the front entrance of our house. He promptly sent me a 5 word email for this - no official paper/paperless contract. My husband emailed him asking questions about the install and Gus responded with satisfactory answers so we decided to go with him and his company. We scheduled for the work to start on Sept. 13, 2014 but literally the day before the work was to begin, we get an email from Gus stating that he could not do the install and that he was too busy. I would think that as a "professional" contractor, Gus would have a better idea of scheduling conflicts especially since we had scheduled this work with him 3+ weeks in advance of our actual install date. Needless to say, I was very disappointed, especially when we had told him from the beginning that we wanted this done before it got too cold/wet outside since it was concrete we were dealing with. And, we would have a newborn baby by this time and the porch install would be one less thing to deal with in our home renovation. He agreed with us and said that he understood. But after the cancellation email from him, we have never heard from him again and he never responded to our follow-up email. So, I would have to say - I would never use them again and warn others to be wary of this company especially since they do not provide written contracts and are not very good with their scheduling and follow-up (and just not getting the work done/completed at all).

Description of Work
Install a concrete porch stoop at front entrance of our house.

12/18/2014

Harold W.

He picked the date 12/18/14. He never showed-up nor called. He wasted our entire day as well as five (5) hours of my time that was used to prep his work area. He also ignored a request for project details and costs.

Description of Work
Nothing. He was supposed to perform maintenance/repair work on brick sidewalks and cinder block retaining wall. He picked the

Category concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping

Because when I first estimated your job I told you that I was booked up to late December. Then I told you only if the weather is good for masonry work no rain or if the temp drops below freezing overnight. The weather caused a lot of delays in my jobs. I am sorry I did not inform you on my delays. I will correct all my mistakes in the future by not booking no jobs during my off season. I am a seasonal contractor. I never asked you to prep any area. And the cost was a estimate for $2900 To do masonry work. Gus

12/16/2014

Andrew H.

Work done in December when temps were at least 40F and not raining. Painting & caulking completed on dry day with temp 50F. Very good work. Family owned business & take great care in wanting to do an excellent job.

Description of Work
Remove & reinstall 2 window sills plus caulk. Remove & reinstall one brick on window sill left side of house. Install expansion caulk on both window well corners. Remove & replace four bricks on stoop. Install expansion caulk where walkway meets first step. Walkout wall: remove loose debris from wall; install wire mesh support; apply 2 coats of stucco; paint wall white.

09/08/2014

Danna R.

Gus and his staff were very friendly. I met with Gus several times to plan the job. We had agreed that where the front stonework was crumbling he would use the stone that was undamaged or had minimal cracking. For the back he used bricks left over from another job which was supposed to be a cost savings. Both the back and front jobs were completed but I had some concerns. He did relay a portion that was unstable in the back to my satisfaction but he did not use the stone from the front and replaced it with some other blocks that don't really work with the remaining stonework. I noticed he took up the stone work and there were several pieces that appeared to be in good shape so I am not sure why he didn't use them. On the morning that he completed the job he informed me that my next door neighbor had asked for the remaining stonework and left over bricks. He said he had said he would but wanted to check with me first. I was extremely surprised by this especially as he did not use the stonework on my walkway and he said okay prior to asking me. Again the job was done well but because of not using the existing stonework and giving away the leftovers without asking me first I have to give them less than stellar grades.

Description of Work
Was supposed to do repairs to front walkway and replace walkway in back yarn from garage to back door.

08/26/2014

Anthony H.

Everything when great. Gus and his brother explained what they had to do, how long it would take and that's exactly what we got. We are very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone! After the repairs were done everything was cleaned up as if they were never there- unusual for a contractor- IMHO

Description of Work
Gus and his brother repaired our paver steps that had sunk over time. Also some coping around the swimming pool had come loose.

Category masonry, hardscaping, patios

08/25/2014

Darrell S.

Contacted Gus by email (through Angie's site); he responded soon after and arranged a time to meet and provide an estimate of the repairs I thought needed to be done. Gus not only provided an estimate of the needed repairs (again, what I thought needed to be done), he also looked over the whole house, pointing out the construction (built in the late '80s, boom-period, and some of the errors and sloppiness of the construction. He even knew the construction company/developers, and correlated information I already had on them). Taking out a square, he demonstrated corners that weren't square. We quickly prioritized the work into manageable pieces, including some big ticket items he recommended NOT be repaired until a much later date. I have a friend who is a commercial mason, who validated Gus's estimate and advice. Gus and I established a timeline for the repair work (three consecutive Saturdays) which he stuck to, and the only deviation was due to the hard rains we had in July. Gus even came out (at 10pm) during one of the hard rains to ensure the open repair work was covered. Three of my neighbors were so impressed by C+G's work that they also hired them to complete similar repairs on their homes. Gus is best described as honest with a simple-straightforward attitude; combined with his candor and technical abilities, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Description of Work
Repaired bed and joint mortar on large section of front stairway and corner of house; repaired loose railings by injecting high pressure concrete into base of railings; caulked cracks; most importantly, assisted in my understanding of concrete/brick construction (and pointed out what I didn't need to do!); cleaned up and power washed the stairs/wall repaired.

Category concrete repair, masonry, patios

08/04/2014

Larry B.

I had to go get my own bricks or I would be charged more. They originally said they were charging me a higher price because they had to put up scaffolding, but they never used any scaffolding. They still charged me the higher price.

Description of Work
replaced 12 damaged bricks

Category masonry

I had to match up the bricks on the chimney for a brick repair job. I found the bricks on line they were located in Martinsberg West Virgina I ask the customer if he wanted me to pick up the bricks for a fee. He said no I gave him the name and place where he can pick up the bricks. You cant just buy 12 you have to buy a whole strap of bricks of over size bricks of 84 in a strap. And we replace more then just 12 bricks. And we were going to build scaffold but we decided we can do it off a ladder. It was more difficulty on a ladder then on scaffolding. We got every thing done in one day cleaned up the entire job and wash everything down. At the time he was very happy with the job He even gave me a concrete bull float. Now I dont understand why he is upset on the cost. When you give a estimate to perform a job and you dont like the price then look for a better deal. I try to give the best price I can When the job is to small or to large I will work with customers to agree on a fair price on both parties. Angie List customers are very good.

07/31/2014

Stacey K.

We went with a personal recommendation but valued Chris and Gus enough that they would have been our top choice had we had a personal connection with them.

Description of Work
Came out and gave us an estimate on a basement retaining wall. We really liked Chris an Gus. They answered our questions and were very knowledgeable. We would consider them for all of our masonry projects.

06/23/2014

Michael K.

Initially, C&G scoped out work to provide estimate and order lintel. However, they took a bit more time than we expected and they initially indicated to return and perform the work. Day of install, they removed broken lintel, but replacement lintel was found to be too large, and had to be sent back for recut. (We don't know if C&G measured it wrong in the first place, or if cutter simply didn't cut it to correct dimensions. But it was obvious once the broken lintel was removed that the replacement lintel was too large to put in the existing opening and be adequately grouted. However, C&G obtained the recut lintel the very next day and installed it. Installation was perfect, and they did an excellent job grouting it in. C&G also took extra precautions to avoid damaging plants in bed below window and lintel, and did an excellent job cleaning up afterwards. Overall, we'd rate their performance as very good, and definitely consider hiring them again.

Description of Work
Replaced large exterior trapazoidal limestone lintel above kitchen window

Looking Sharpe Landscapes LLC

Looking Sharpe Landscapes is a local company in Oakton, Virginia. The company is licensed and insured and the owner, Danny Sharpe, has a degree in Landscape Design with a specialization in Horticulture. Danny is personally involved in each individual job in order to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. The Looking Sharpe staff has the knowledge to take on any size job, large or small. All employees have been with the company for three or more years. Our staff is customer oriented and personable, they receive many compliments from our customers.

Stucchi's, Inc.

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

The Basement Pros

Hello and Welcome, The Basement Pros specialize in foundation problems. We understand the importance of making sure your home is healthy and stable. We combine quality + workmanship. Superior industry knowledge at affordable prices. We ensure every job is done on time and within a reasonable budget. Call 888-514-9311 to set up your free inspection appointment and begin your project Today. More information can be found on our website: www.thebasementpros.com

2022 Super Service Award

Masonry, Hardscape, Walkways, Chimney Repairs, Retaining Walls, Patios, Masonry Repairs, Step Repairs

ask for details