AG Construction & Flooring

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2012

AG Construction is a licensed small business dedicated to providing customers with the highest quality work, while keeping pricing very fair and affordable. With more than 10 years experience restoring, refinishing, and installing wood floors owner/operator Aaron Goodman personally oversees all projects. When you work with AG Construction you know you are getting the work of skilled professionals who are committed to giving customers the personal care and attention they deserve. We offer free estimates and promise an honest assessment of your project. We don't believe in taking on jobs for which we can not provide the best-possible service. AG Construction is committed to prompt and reliable scheduling....

A Service Provider's profile image

+23 more images

hardwood floors (511)flooring (194)carpet installation (14)floor cleaning (10)general contractors (8)home remodeling (7)interior painting (6)drywall (3)roofing (1)

07/21/2022

Kristen H.

An excellent job and a hard working crew. Mr. Goodman is prompt, easy to communicate with, efficient, and replies/sends info. quickly. A very fair price for beat-up hardwood floors that were 50-75 years old. His crew used good quality sanding equipment and got to work right away. The crew worked hard and cleaned up well. Minor issues were dealt with right away or monitored until after floors finished curing. I highly recommend AG Construction LLC and Aaron Goodman!

Description of Work
Refinish and repair of hardwood floors

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you

02/03/2022

Beth D.

Aaron and AG construction were wonderful to work with. Extremely responsive and had brought an expert perspective to tackle our particular challenge.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

01/14/2022

James M.

Aaron and his team did a great job. We didn't know exactly what we would find under the 70s linoleum in our bedroom, but the results are incredible. The quality of the work is excellent, and the price was almost too good to be true (less than 1/4 our next lowest estimate). In addition, Aaron is very responsive and always calls back promptly. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing, including removal of old carpet & linoleum

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

Thank you sir! It was a pleasure working with you. So happy the floors turned out the way you wanted.

10/25/2021

Kimbie S.

I wish I could hire this company for all my needs. The Owner Aaron was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable from day one. He gave suggestions and recommendations to help complete the project. His crew came on time, and were very courteous of my home and furniture. Paying the bill was easy and we couldn’t be happier. My floor is simply beautiful. I have referred this company to our family and friends already. I am going to be using them to replace my carpet right after the holiday. I highly recommend using this company for all your flooring needs. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 10/31/2021

08/04/2021

Fiona R.

Aaron Goodman. The owner of AG Construction is very polite, responsive, helpful, resourceful, honest and easy to talk to. His team headed by Cesar is exceptional. They are very thorough, skilled, polite and friendly. I was able to pick out the flooring online or at ProSource Flooring . This was also a positive experience. I now have beautiful vinyl plank flooring and hardwood stairs of excellent quality installed in a very timely fashion and at an incredibly fair price!! Steps were also refinished to match the flooring and they look great. Aaron also completed an excellent job in my father’s house with wood floor refinishing and wood stairs. It was beautifully done. My sister highly recommended AG Construction to me.

Description of Work
Vinyl plank flooring, hardwood stair installation.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

06/23/2021

MIGUEL M.

Great service, and an amazing job restoring our old hardwood floors in our second floor.

Description of Work
Take out carpet in second floor and refinish old hardwood floors

Category contractors, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

06/15/2021

Les P.

AG Construction did a great job. Owner of the company was very professional. Workers came on time and finished a 500 sq ft area in one day. They cleaned up after themselves and vacuumed up dust off the floor. The work done was professional and at a good price. I would recommend them for a flooring job.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

Review for AG Construction & Flooring - cherry blossom lane, North Potomac, MD - 39371797

Thank you. It was a pleasure working with you

04/12/2021

Peng H.

Very professional service, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

03/15/2021

CLAUSEN E.

Did a great job on LVT install in our condo in Oldtown Alexnandria

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Thank you. It was a pleasure working with you.

03/04/2021

Allison K.

My hardwood floors are original from 1947, and I don't believe they had ever been refinished. AG Construction did a beautiful job. Based on my preferences of how I wanted the floor to look, they suggested I stay with the natural finish. They were professional, on time, and respectful of my home.

Description of Work
Refinishing Hardwood Floors

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

01/20/2021

Carlos F.

It was great! They were on time and very fast and efficient. The work was done flawlessly. Company does a fantastic job communicating with customers and doing their best to satisfy customer's needs. I highly recommend to anyone. The price is fair and the service is excellent. I worked with several other contractors after purchasing my new home and AG Construction was the only one I felt was worth hiring. 5 stars!

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and refinish hardwood flooring and install LVP in basement.

Category contractors, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

12/26/2020

Christopher F.

One of the best experiences we've ever had with a home improvement project! The excellent quality AG Construction delivered on refinishing our hardwood floors, for a price far below that of the estimates we received from other contractors, validated our decision to go with them. Aaron made clear from the beginning that his top priority is his customers' satisfaction, and he was true to his word. When an unexpected drop in temperature caused the oil-based floor finish to dry in a way that caused some rough patches on the hardwood floors, Aaron immediately sent his team out to address the issue and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. With his professionalism and courteous manner, Aaron earned our confidence and we would absolutlely trust AG Construction again for our future flooring projects.

Description of Work
Strip carpeting and refinish hardwood floors in 4 bedrooms, hallway and staircase.

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

11/24/2020

Betty S.

Arron Goodman and his crew are very professional and knowledgeable. They sanded and refinished existing oak hardwood floors and installed additional hardwood in my foyer. The end product was amazing! My home looks as though I just had a new floor installed throughout. They also put down a new floor in the sun room area which is also very nice. Lastly I am also happy with the carpet they installed in my basement. Arron helped to pick the color and everything looks fresh and new. The pricing was very fair and the quality of work was more than I expected. Extremely happy and would recommend AG Construction without hesitation. Thank you! Betty S.

Description of Work
Refinish oak hardwood flooring and install new carpet

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor, apartments

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

11/08/2020

Twila W.

Perfect we were pleased with the outstanding job they did. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Redid our hardwood floors.

Category floor cleaning, apartments

Work Completed On 11/07/2020

11/03/2020

Chris L.

AG Construction and Flooring met my expectations on the work performed. Aaron is a hands on owner and was honest and upfront about the project. He maintained good communication throughout the process and was sincere about making us happy with the final results. I have very high standards and was very pleased from start to finish - no corners were cut by his installers. Aaron also came to the job site to have a face to face evaluation of the work. Also, important to note, Aaron's final price was below all estimates I received. Highly recommend - you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Refinished 1400 sq ft. of hardwood and installed an additional 250 sq ft.

Category hardwood floor, apartments

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

09/20/2020

Carol T.

We just had AG Flooring replace carpet with wood flooring and then sand and refinish it to match the existing wood floor. They did a beautiful job and it was a good price. They were on time and professional and finished well ahead of schedule. I would recommend them as I will definitely work with AG Flooring again if the need arises. Photos show before with the carpet and after with all wood floors and refinished.

Description of Work
Replace carpet with wood flooring and then sand and refinish it to match the existing wood floor.

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Review for AG Construction & Flooring - cherry blossom lane, North Potomac, MD - 38888484

09/17/2020

Dahlia C.

Working with AG Construction and Flooring was a dream. Aaron and his team were courteous, prompt and extremely professional. From the first estimate to the final payment, everything was seamless and easy. They were so gracious when we had to push back the start date to accommodate the painters and worked with our schedule. Our floors are beautiful! I never imagined the old floors could sparkle again and they have changed the look of the entire house. Even my parents could see the amazing difference in pictures! Bottom line - excellent customer service, prompt and professional workers and gorgeous floors at a fair price. We would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Resurfacing floors

Category hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

08/19/2020

Corinne Marie P.

It went great! We had stains in the hardwood floors that we did not think would come out. Not only were they able to get the stains out, they were able to match the color in the rest of the house. The team was professional, worked unsupervised, cleaned up after themselves, came early and got done early! It was hands down the smoothest and the best experience I have ever had with a contractor. They are definitely going to be my go-to floor people!

Description of Work
Floor refinishing

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Review for AG Construction & Flooring - cherry blossom lane, North Potomac, MD - 38810365

08/06/2020

Michael E.

Aaron was great to work with, his quote was significantly lower than his competitors, and the job was completed to our satisfaction. We are very happy with the new hardwood floors!

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

08/02/2020

Robyn M.

We hired Aaron to refinish and stain the floors in a home we just purchased where the floors were scratched and had not been maintained.. We also asked him to remove carpet and install new hardwood floors in the master bedroom. The project went very well despite the fact that the work was done right as everything was shutting down due to COVID (mid-March). Aaron kept us informed along the way and he really knows his stuff when it comes to wood flooring. His team did a marvelous job and he offered us top commercial grade products at a lower price that other offers I received. When the job was done, I noticed a few spots that were a bit lighter and Aaron had a team come out and restain those spots for no charge. He and his team were professional timely and did the work at a very competitive price. I would not hesitate to hire AG Construction and flooring again! If I could give them an A+ I would.

Description of Work
refinish and re-stain floors and install new hardwood floor

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning, apartments

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

07/11/2020

Mark F.

Extremely well informed and prepared, the team came in on both jobs and performed the tasks very efficiently. We could not have been happier with the results of each job. The hardwood floors were sanded and gaps filled, floors cleaned, stained , and finally sealed. The job took about 3 days because stair treads were added, a portion of the kitchen had to have wood replaced because of prior water damage, and quarter round was stained and installed. The floors look brand new! The other home had carpet on top floor in four bedrooms and closets which was removed, floors prepared, and luxury vinyl wood-look installed all in one day! Very professional work, beautiful clean up job and disposal of all materials that were removed from floors. This is a top notch contractor who knows flooring, hardwood, and construction. He has excellent people skills and manages the team effectively and efficiently to get the job done the best way possible. We highly recommend using this company for all flooring needs! Just can't say enough good things about the owner and workers! Polite and professional people who happen to perform superior work that can't be matched! Worth every dollar spent which by the way, was comparable to other quotes and even less than a few other contractors.

Description of Work
One home needed hardwood hickory flooring refinished on first floor. Other home required installation of luxury laminate/vinyl flooring. Both homes had new quarter round install along baseboards. One home also had new stair hardwood treads installed as well stained to match hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, apartments

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

07/09/2020

Frank P.

After a water leak in the basement, we had to replace the floor in the entire basement. We got three quotes and AG Construction & Flooring won the job. They did a GREAT job. Aaron's team came out and cleared away the old floor (tile, vinyl and carpet) and installed the new CoreTec vinyl flooring in just the time he said it was going to be done in. Great work and Great Company. If you need flooring, you really should include AG Construction & Flooring in the bid. :)

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation-Replaced the Basement Flooring

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

07/04/2020

Larry F.

Large project - entire first floor of house. AG's crew was prompt, professional, highly skilled, courteous, and did an excellent job. Others quoted a 3 day project (with us leaving the house for that time) and AG did a fabulous job in 2 days, without us having to leave. They were also very competitively priced. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor