AFFORDABLE RAILINGS

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2008

Hagerstown, MD 21742

We have over 15 years of experience to offer the best craftsmanship. We put our skills and expertise to work for you to give you the personal attention and superb craftsmanship that only an artist can provide. We are licensed, bonded and insured and a member of the Maryland Home Improvement Commission. We offer a wide variety of powder coloring colors and textures to compliment the interior or exterior of your home or business. We offer free estimates. We accept Check and Cash....

06/02/2017

Monica R.

Excellent! Very professional, knowledgeable, masters of their profession! Couldn't be happier with how it looks, workmanship and friendliness!

Description of Work
Cable railing on the front porch and steps.

05/22/2017

Pablo M.

Kevin from affordable railings was able to weld 4 completely new posts that were more solid than the previous ones at a fraction of the cost of replacing the railing. Kevin was extremely patient and responsive throughout the initial process. He was willing to answer all of my questions before I even signed a contract. He is so specialized in this area that he was able to look at pictures I sent to diagnose the problem and offer a detailed quote with two different options (repair or replace). I decided to go with the repair option. Although the initial price seemed high, after the work was done it was clear that Kevin knew what he was doing and performed expert work. He core-drilled some holes after welding on the new pieces and was able to set the rail in some hydraulic cement. The new railing is better than the old one and I am convinced it will last longer and the price in the end was very fair for the work that was done. Outside some initial scheduling issues, I was extremely pleased with the experience. I would definitely recommend Kevin and Affordable Railings for any railing work. He clearly knows what he is doing and is good at it.

Description of Work
I had a builder's grade iron railing on my front stoop where the main posts had rusted out over the years. I had to decide whether to replace or repair the railing.

Category welding,wrought iron

11/01/2016

Margaret D.

Affordable Railings was the only vendor to respond to my request. We began with an email discussion in which they requested photos and approximate measurements. I then spoke with them via phone to discuss options, after which they sent a written estimate. I decided to go in a different direction and cancelled the project, and their response was again very professional. If nothing else, I must say I appreciated their time and effort.

Description of Work
I did not have work done by this vendor, but I wanted to post this review because of their professionalism. I used Angie's List to find vendors for wrought iron railings, and sent requests to 4.

Category fencing,wrought iron

08/03/2016

Helene P.

Category fencing

04/20/2016

Loraine P.

In response to my email, I received a professional-looking, straightforward and descriptive proposal for a new porch rail. The pricing seemed to be in line with the scope of work that was required and was competitive with other proposals. Ultimately, I decided to go with a different company that had included a repair option in their proposal. If I ever need a new rail installed, instead of a repair, I would definitely consider contacting Affordable Railings again.

Description of Work
I messaged them via Angie's List requesting an estimate for a new rail on my front porch. Kevin emailed me the same day that I sent the message and requested that I email him photos and provide more details. I sent the photos and a description of the work that I wanted done.

04/19/2016

Genia B.

Description of Work
Added a railing to my front steps. It had to be inspected by the county. It passed -- the first time! It is lovely and the price was fair. Thank you, Affordable Railings!!

01/27/2016

Rachel G.

It actually turned out very very good. They were very good and quick. They gave me a design, I had asked for a different design than usual, and they built it wonderfully. The people were very pleasant.

Description of Work
They put a railing on my porch coming up to the house.

Category home remodeling

12/14/2015

chin oh K.

this is professional job

Description of Work
railing on deck at front oh house and side door railing

11/17/2015

Larry F.

The project went very well and I was very pleased with the efficiency and professionalism of this company. The arrived at my home right on time and completed the work quickly.

Description of Work
They installed an L-shaped hand railing on the lower section of my front stoop.

09/14/2015

Thomas C.

Kevin was great to work with. He made a trip out to our house and took a picture of a sample railing and texted it to me to see how we like it! I didn't even have to take time off from work. His craftsmanship is the top and SO much better than the products at the large retailers. He installed a beautiful, modern bronze railing that looks so nice with our house and stonework. I would definitely recommend him and use him again.

Description of Work
Installed step railing for 6 stone steps leading to our screened in porch

08/19/2015

Tara W.

It was excellent. Beautiful work.....quick and professional contacts...couldn't be happier!!!

Description of Work
Repaired brickwork and completely replaced exterior railing on brick steps leading to front door of townhome.

06/02/2015

Genia B.

Once I heard from the owner -- after he read my up happy review that I had not heard from them in response to my query -- things went well. He came out personally and explained why I had not heard from them. He priced out the project and did a beautiful job ahead of schedule. I love it and the inspector passed it without question.

Description of Work
Put outside railings up my front steps.

05/07/2015

Elizabeth B.

04/29/2015

Lauren T.

Lawrence quickly came out to provide us with an estimate on a Saturday. We received 3 estimates and he narrowly edged out the next best. We ultimately went with Lawrence because he and Bina were more responsive to our follow up questions on the estimate. The team installed the railing in one morning and did a great job. We had a concern about one section, as we wanted to make sure it was completely safe for our toddler. Lawrence addressed the concern immediately and the railing looks perfect - just what we were hoping for.

Description of Work
Installed a railing as you exit the back of the house that runs along our exterior, basement stairwell. Also installed a gate at the top of the stairs.

03/17/2015

Sheila W.

Very well, they are beautiful. Scheduling and once installed, every went smoothly.

Description of Work
Replaced the front step rusted wrought iron rails with new ones, outside

12/04/2013

Susannah W.

Kevin was always very professional; however, on October 3, 2013 I told him I was interested in getting started. On that day, he said he would check his schedule and see when he could come down. Nothing. On October 16, 2013, I reached out to see if he had found any time. On that day, he said it looked like it would be about 2 weeks before he could get here to measure. He also said he understood if I couldn't wait that long. After another exchange about weather limitations if it got too cold, etc. I agreed to wait 2 weeks. On November 15, 2013, I had finally waited long enough. I asked if I could assume that he was too busy for the job and I have heard no response since that email. I totally understand if Kevin is extremely busy. I just wish he would have been honest from the beginning that he wouldn't have time for my project. I waited basically 2.5 months trying to get him to come measure. I think that's ridiculous. Now I hope I can get something installed before it starts snowing here.

Description of Work
Emailed a cost per square foot of the project based on my pictures.

03/25/2013

stacey J.

Very Professional. They did a great job. I have recieved many compliments. They beat every price in town. I highly reccommend!

Description of Work
Installed interior Contemporary metal cable railing.

12/30/2011

Virgil O.

It will be months that I go there but every time I go there they know exactly what I want, what to look at and what not to, won’t show me certain things, show me other things and they give opinions even they are going to mess up. They are just amazing. It’s just a great atmosphere and the manager’s name is Chris. All the people there are friendly to work with and there is another person called Gill, he also helps me out on what to do. They have five locations in our area but I have visited only three of their stores. I am always impressed with their selection and their knowledge on the way we trench on the needs. The one I go to the most is the one in Rockfield and Constance is the manger there but all the staff are incredibly knowledgeable. I am so happy that I found this store.

Description of Work
I used Affordable Railings for welding. The last time I used their services was earlier in 2011.

Category welding

05/10/2010

Dan H.

From the beginning the communication was terrible. Phone calls and emails were not returned. When they were the person could not get my name right even though I spelled it out in my email and my email address is my name. For some reason I decided they would still do a good job regardless of the communication. I was very wrong. The only thing that went right with this experience is that I said I wanted it done by a certain date and it was. It just wasn't what I expected at all to get.

Description of Work
We asked for a railing and it was assumed that we knew all of the terms. We had no idea what the railing would look like before it was put in. We had no idea that we could request a picture prior. Maybe that is our inexperience with railings and homeownership, however, that should become a priority for all jobs. The type of railing and color of the railing were all wrong. We came home to find a railing that does not match the house at all and looks very awkward.

Category wrought iron

The estimate wording is what all of my customers are given. There was no special wording or tricky writing. I encourage all of my customer to ask for pictures and question what kind of product they are going to be getting from me. I have had many customer ask for pictures, samples and color charts for there home project. In an e-mail I made sure that TESSA understood what she was getting as far as railing and the color. In a phone conservation, I suggested a way to keep the cost of the railing down was to not have vertical bars/pickets in the railing and TESSA agreed. Not at one point through this entire process did she ask to see any styles of railing, pictures, or color samples. It was spelled out in her estimate the type of railing and the color that the railing was going to be. I responded to the customers e-mails in a timely manner. I tried to offer suggestions about the color and the lack of pickets, which they approved on the estimate. Railing was installed in a timely manner like customer wanted. Quality and craftsmanship of the railing was never downgraded. Each piece of railing that I built is a custom piece.

09/09/2008

DEBORAH B.

Kevin and his assistant were prompt, professional and very courteous - coming to install the railings even on a holiday weekend Saturday and at the time promised. The railings blend beautifully with the surrounding garden scape - we couldn't be happier and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had to have 2 patios rebuilt on large retaining walls so railings were needed both for appearance and safety. Kevin came promptly with photos of prior jobs and design options for the work at hand. The cost initially suggested by the contractor who did the actual patio work was actually lower that that ultimately realized due to the code necessity of having railings with 4" between uprights. The work was completed promptly and the fabrication and installation done professionally with beautiful results.

KEEDYSVILLE CONSTRUCTION

2 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING, CARPETING & ELECTRICAL. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES. LICENSE #: 93296.

Renken Remodeling Exclusive Luxury Bath

We have built a company based on what we know our customers expect and deserve. We make it a priority to communicate thoroughly with you from our first encounter to the final punch list. Because we specialize in one thing, you can expect superior product knowledge, an efficient proven process, an experienced and courteous crew, and guaranteed results. Whether you are looking for a top-to-bottom design overhaul, or greater safety and accessibility, our experienced crew will renovate your bathroom in a way that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations— on time and within budget.

Long Home Products

With over 70 years of experience in home improvement, Long Home Products is the industry-leading company you can trust to give you peace of mind. We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We are experts in all aspects of roofing, bathroom, window and door projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!

Specialize in custom built ornamental hand railing, driveway gates, small gates, cable rail, pipe railing, general welding repairs, interior & exterior railing, residential & commercial.

Wood railing.