Ambient Cooling & Heating LLC

Maryland: General
11/21/2022

7123 E Furnace Branch Rd

Glen Burnie, MD 21060

Please call for more details.

We are a small business who has received the Super Service award every year beginning in 2013. With that you will receive excellent customer service from a dependable and knowledgeable master technician. We pride ourselves in honesty and reliability. For customers who want a company that is trustworthy, knowledgeable and stand behind their work this is the one for you. As of right now we have a special offer for preseason inspections at $79.95 (additional charge for additional systems). Additional Email - bryan@ambientcoolingandheating.com....

HVAC Companies (145)water heaters (2)fireplace services (1)

11/30/2021

Mark G.

I have a slew of emails with Bryan with him describing there were multiple issues. We have paid every dime that was billed to us and we have no heat. My better half expressed a lack of confidence after they had been out to "fix" our issues several times, and Bryans response was to say it's time to part ways. We spent over $1000 on our heater and our heat is still not working. We also spent over $5000 in June for a new AC. So we are not disloyal customers, just incredibly frustrated and dismissed.

Description of Work
Initially they fixed our A/C and it was wonderful, our heater on the other hand is still not working properly

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

This customer had a number of issues with their 20 year old heating system. We are not the type of company to throw parts at things hoping it fixes them and we do not sell customers a new system when I do not believe they need one. We repaired one of the issues pertaining to the furnace. The furnace thought it was overheating but in reality it was a faulty circuit board and sensor. The customers house was never below 67 degrees even over night. There was an airflow issue and we were trying to determine if it was a duct fitting, zone dampers or something in the ductwork. The customer pushed us off from coming out a few times. When we gave them the option for us to continue with the diagnostic the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or come out the following week they decided this was unsatisfactory and they determined they did not feel confident in our abilities (sometimes things can be complicated and it takes time to diagnose it properly). After all of this the customer wanted a full refund even after we fixed one of the numerous issues and sent us threatening emails. At this point I thought it was best to move on at this point. Some customers you cannot make happy no matter what you do.

07/06/2021

Ashley M.

Ambient is amazing. Always punctual and professional. Any question is answered with patience and the process is explained prior to completing the project/task. Bryan and his team are very honest and upfront with what is going on, and will give you the best steps to remedy the issues. 10/10 will recommend. I won't use another HVAC contractor.

Description of Work
New unit ductless unit install and central unit maintenance

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

07/05/2021

Janice S.

My Central Air stopping working on the hottest day of the year. I called and the secretary was extremely nice and gave me a window of when I tech would come and assess the problem. I received a text when the tech was on his way. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to fix my air in a timely manner. I will be using this company again to replace my outdated unit! They were amazing and will refer them to my friends and family.

Description of Work
My central A/C stopped working

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

10/08/2020

Martin N.

In the middle of the summer there were problems with the HVAC system and it had to be replaced. The owner of the business visited the house for a quote. I was surprised that we he entered the house he was not wearing a mask, a common business practice these days. I politely asked him to wear a mask and he agreed. Other businesses were considered but based on 3, 5-star ratings on Yelp and the fact that even when there was a scarcity of HVAC systems, they agreed to install the system relatively fast, I decided to buy a system from AC&H. They offered a competitive price and a fast installation. The day of the installation the technicians arrived at the house and started working. I immediately noticed that the younger technician had issues keeping his mask in place while working inside the house. In addition to that, after about two hours into the installation process, I could smell cigarette smoke upstairs. I went downstairs to check and found the technician smoking inside my house. I had never felt so disrespect. People accessing the house and not wearing mask or not wearing a mask properly is one thing, but smoking inside the house is just completely offensive. After the installation was completed, I emailed the business owner about the incident. He apologized and mentioned that I was not going to have the same problem again. Now, within less than 3 months of installing the new system, the system had a problem. I assume that the competitive price is explained by the lower quality of the components. Made a service call and the technician visited the house the next day. The adjusted valve and the noise from the system went away. He explained that it is a new type of valve and it could be defective. He took pictures of the valve and told me that if the noise came back he would replace the part. After a week the noise came back. Placed a regular service call for the part to be replaced but this time it seems that the receptionist was not in a good mood. Among the comments from the receptionist, she said: - The part can’t be replaced without an assessment, the technician was wrong in saying that the part will be replaced. - After the assessment, it might take time because we don’t keep parts in inventory - If you don’t like it, find someone else - Call the manufacturer - We know how you people are (I still don’t know what she meant by “you people”) - Your calls will no longer be accepted - All my comments were directed by the business owner That was extremely surprising. I never had an experience like that during a service request and that is the main motivation for this review. I emailed the business owner explaining the incident and asking for confirmation that they planned to honor the warranty. I also asked for an apology from the receptionist. He responded that the technician was on schedule to visit the house and that he will continue to honor the warranty. He also asked me to communicate only by email, no more phone calls for service request. Regarding his receptionist, he stated “We have had nothing but compliments in regards to ______ and how she handles the office, customers and scheduling. I believe there may have been a misunderstanding and to eliminate that we will only correspond via email for the remainder of your service contract.” I don’t consider that it was a misunderstanding because I was the person talking to her when she said “if you don’t like it, find someone else”. That is without a doubt a terrible business practice. Would I recommend buying from this business? No They offer competitive prices but, in my experience, the quality is lacking. In addition, I have no complains about the senior tech that has been to my house a few times now but I question the behavioral training and guidelines offered for the younger techs. Also, it is not ideal to pay thousands of dollars for a new system and a few weeks after installation having to deal with a rude and disrespectful receptionist. Pay a little more and go with a well-established and standardize business.

Description of Work
new HVAC system

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Unfortunately when customers do not receive free services they will do anything they can to cause grief to a buisness. You can see from the reviews that our customer service is stellar and we take our business and the satisfaction of our customers very seriously.

08/14/2020

Jennifer H.

Installers arrived on time and worked to completion. The job took much longer than estimated but the returned the following day to complete.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C replacement

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

07/20/2020

Saiqa A.

They were great to work with and the customer service representative was very cordial and understanding . The technician was also very understanding and very efficient and came out the same day.

Description of Work
1050 Sq Ft between Kitchen and Living Room. 30 Stairs (2 stair cases).

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

07/09/2020

Scott P.

Excellent! I have referred them to anyone who has asked. Will call again when needed

Description of Work
Needed ac repaired

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

07/09/2020

Scott P.

Description of Work
Needed ac repaired

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

04/09/2020

Anthony D.

Great Guys replaced AC Unit & put A Tankless Water Heater in for Me.Guy we’re on time & Very Courteous. Will Call Them Again If I Need Anything.

Description of Work
AC Unit & Tankless Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

07/10/2019

Stacie F.

This is the third time I've called Ambient for an A/C repair. Each time, they have been able to come out same day, and were friendly and professional. Costs were reasonable, and they got my system back up and running quickly. I would highly recommend them to friends and family, and they are the only ones I even think to call for A/C now. Thanks Ambient and Bryan!

Description of Work
A/C Repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

Heating & Air Conditioning service, installation, replacement, Heat pumps, Geothermal heat pumps, Waterless geothermal heat pumps, Boilers, Furnaces, Roof top units, Package units, Commercial HVAC equipment, Water heaters, propane tank installation, tankless boilers, tankless water heaters, new construction installation and ductwork.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available