Basement Systems USA

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2010

Basement Systems USA, Inc. is a local, family owned, company with national resources and nationally backed warranties. We specialize in "All Things Basementy": Basement Waterproofing, Basement Finishing, Basement Mold Remediation, Basement Foundation Repair, Basement Egress, Basement Radon, and Crawlspaces too. To e-mail us please please visit our website. Financing available. Free Estimate. Over 12 websites give us a 5 star rating including the BBB, Google, Home Advisor, Yahoo, and Yelp,...

Finished Basement

+68 more images

basement waterproofing (177)well & water pump repair (48)basement remodeling (31)mold removal (31)drain pipe installation (23)foundation repair (18)concrete repair (7)egress window (3)radon mitigation (1)plumbers (23)home inspection (12)water damage restoration (5)

08/08/2022

Shane R.

Very happy with the job and the customer service. Had torrential rain twice since then and basement is completely dry.

Description of Work
Very Satisfied Customer Basement systems did the water guard, vapor barrier, a super sump with battery back up and installed 3 windows and sun wells.

Category custom cabinets, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

Review for Basement Systems USA - 2092 E Old Philadelphia Rd, Elkton, MD - 39831018

10/21/2021

Kini C.

Work went very well. We haven't had a big rain since the job was completed, so I haven't been able to tell if the waterproofing will be effective.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement floor, installation of de-humidifier and new sump pump.

Category custom cabinets, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

10/07/2021

nicholas G.

The service was excellent. It was a great company.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and refinishing.

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

09/08/2021

Kaija C.

The company showed flexibility and out of box thinking as how to work through the particular challenges our house has. We're very happy about the quality of work and willingness to hear what we needed, big thank you!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and rough plumbing for two new bathrooms

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

08/26/2021

Sebastien P.

The work was done with precision and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Sewage pump system & basement windows install

Category plumbing, wells, drain pipe, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

08/25/2021

Matthew B.

my whole home feels fantastic. very courteous and knowledgeable individuals. I would hire them again for all my basement waterproofing and basement remodeling needs in the future. Its hard to find a family run business with amazing values and professionalism. these guys have it all.

Description of Work
basement dehumidifier installation and assessment

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

08/16/2021

Ashley M.

I reached out to this company for a sump pump upgrade and a cracked wall repair. The technician who did my install was very polite and informative. We've had several big storms since my installation was done and I'm happy to say my basement has remained totally dry. I'm very glad I chose this company, I would recommend them to anyone in need of help with their basement!

Description of Work
wall crack repair and new sump pump

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/31/2021

10/18/2020

Frank B.

With our old sump pump working overtime with heavy rains of the past few years, we opted to upgrade to get some peace of mind. We got one of their dual sump pump systems that has one main one and a backup just in case the first one were to fail, and the system has worked flawlessly ever since. The company was professional and courteous and careful with masks during return checkups during this Covid era.

Description of Work
new sump sump system

Category wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Review for Basement Systems USA - 2092 E Old Philadelphia Rd, Elkton, MD - 38957758

09/25/2020

Stephen A.

Work done on time, neatly, and efficiently. Did not disrupt our routine. Area is clean and upgraded. It is something that does not show itself, but we know the importance of this thing. We have an old, old field stone basement and water is always an issue. The new pit is larger and should cut down on wear for the pump, a battery backup system that give peace of mind for the power outages that come usually in heavy and crazy storms, as Baltimore sometimes gets these.

Description of Work
New sump pit and pump installed

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

08/22/2020

Andres C.

I had a great experience working with Basement Systems USA. These guys were very professional, hardworking, and clean. They told me exactly what I needed to do and I was glad I went with their suggestions. I always had leak issues and occasionally my old sump pump wouldn’t even work. I can truly forget about it now even in the worst of storms. In fact, that happened the following weekend after they left! A big storm came through and we even lost power for a couple of hours. The backup battery they installed let the sump pump keep working perfectly. Talk about just in time!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

08/22/2020

Adela C.

So glad we did it! This was a project that we were not looking forward to. We had no idea how it would go! Choosing the right company makes all the difference and we made the right choice with Basement Systems USA. The company has amazing values and work ethic evident by the guys working in our home. We did it right before we went on vacation and we could have peace of mind knowing our basement problem was finally SOLVED. The best part is you don’t even know the sump pump is running! It runs so quietly that you don’t even notice it!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

07/16/2020

Kimberly T.

Everything went perfectly and was done in a timely manner. I have no water in my basement and the drain is working well. I greatly appreciated that there was mess left to clean up when they were done.

Description of Work
I needed a drain line added to my sump pump line so that my basement would not flood.

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

06/22/2020

jason M.

Was so happy with the quick and thorough work of Shawn and Gilbert in my basement. They were fast and took great care for each detail of the job. I have confidence to refinish my basement now! I would highly recommend them and Basement Systems for all your waterproofing needs!

Description of Work
Water Proofing

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

05/01/2020

Jonathan L.

We asked them to come over and look at the problem, and were very responsive and recommended using the TBF skin. After it was installed, after the first rainstorm we had leaking around the site and water damage to the sealant. While this was very frustrating, but they were responsive and did come back to look at the damage and discuss how to fix the issue. We really appreciated working with Jorge, who was very clear and helpful. While the initial installation was frustrating, I would work with them again given how helpful they were after issues arose.

Description of Work
We had some water leaking into our basement and they were hired to waterproof.

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Basement Systems USA - 2092 E Old Philadelphia Rd, Elkton, MD - 38534514

02/10/2020

Christine W.

We are currently happy with the basement waterproofing and remodeling that was completed! There were issues - most minor but we haven't anything to compare as this was the first-time having contractors complete basement work for us; and our home is almost 100 years old. They were flexible given unexpected issues that came about with the basement. The water proofing was done first and they did a great job. They were happy to review and resolve any remaining questions/concerns and/or issues. Jorge in the service dept. is professional, punctual and is a great representative and asset for this company.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and remodel.

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

10/23/2019

Brenda I.

Perfectly! I couldn't be happier. They were some of the hardest working people I have ever met! I am super thrilled with the end result, and would recommend this company for ANY basement work you need. It took exactly as long as they said it would, and they kept me informed every step of the process. It was a real nasty job and they got it done.

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulated, mold remediation, basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Review for Basement Systems USA - 2092 E Old Philadelphia Rd, Elkton, MD - 38190298

10/11/2019

Antwan S.

It went great.The crew was very professional and very kind

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

10/11/2019

Denise F.

The company is amazing. The team knows what they are doing. They are also kind and professional.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

10/10/2019

Aaron C.

Great. I have an old house built in 1905 with stone foundation walls and another part with cinderblock walls. After learning the difference between their WaterGuard and crack repairs and what other companies do, I chose them because their upgraded products and ideas really made sense and I was willing to pay a few bucks more for better stuff and a good company. They ended up being the middle guy in cost, but way better quality I think.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and crack repair

Category radon testing, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

10/07/2019

Kathryn L.

Excellent. I have used this company in the past. I’m pretty handy and any tough job that I can’t wrap my mind around, I call this company and I know they will get it done and get it done right. I trust them through and through.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

10/06/2019

Tracey W.

The project kept costing more and more money. Plans that the original guy said would be done and included in the price were not kept once the project started. The basement was done well and was definitely improved but issues/questions long after the project was done went unanswered. Once your project is done, do not expect to ever hear from them again. Many calls were placed, all to no avail. Word on the street says they are extremely busy with new customers and just don't have time for you once they have your money. I would have recommended not long after the waterproofing but not now. To be a Christian organization, they do not care once you've paid. Beware.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

We have spent several months now with dozens of calls, texts, and emails trying to communicate with the customer on this issue, but she refuses to discuss it. We have asked her repeatedly what we can do to make it up to her, but she does not respond. She claims that she made multiple attempts to contact us in the past without success. This is a suprise to us since we answer our phone everyday and have a full time service department. We also show no record that she tried to contact us either. It is so rare for us to hear this type complaint that we are wondering if she had the right number. In any case, if for some strange reason, we did miss her call, we have apologized and asked multiple times now how we can make it up to her without a response. If we have made a mistake, we have asked her for a second chance to prove to her that we do care about our customers but it is clear that she is not interested in communicating with us.

09/22/2019

Joseph R.

From start to finish, from the office team to the crew, everyone was very courteous and dedicated to getting me what I wanted. They also kept the place clean throughout the project, which was huge! Best of all, the musty smell in my basement is gone! I couldn’t be happier with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/22/2019