Champion Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2010

2.9

4920 Niagara Rd Ste 207

College Park, MD 20740

Champion is a premium window, siding, sunroom, and gutter service provider. We provide top quality service and installation for all of our products. We use the best materials to ensure 100% satisfaction for each customer. We also provide custom designed sunrooms with the best windows and materials. Visit our products section to get a glimpse of some of the quality work that we offer. Medium size home improvement contractors. Three sale person. We use limited number of subcontractors with whom we have been associated for many years. No travel charges. No service charges. Some measuring fees for awnings. Additional phone - (240) 473-1201. Additional fax - (240) 473-1203. Additional email - championwindows@aol.com. Additional contact name - Andre Gibson....

08/05/2022

Shannon D.

I hired them to give me a roof inspection and instead they gave me a $239 estimate and some stock pictures. I had planned on hiring them to do the work but they were twice as high as any estimate I had received. Not to mention it took several emails and a phone call to explained to them that I didn't get what I paid for, the lady I spoke with said I didn't ask for a report but had no problem taking my credit card information for the inspection report. They finally sent me a piece of paper that said "inspection report" at the top it had the same information as the estimate... I joined Anji's list to avoid companies like this. Be careful they are on here too.

Description of Work
Roof Inspection

Category awnings

11/03/2018

Jennifer M.

A representative from the company came and told us we needed to remove the covers that another company had told us to put on. He said they would do the work. My husband paid him $150 with the understanding we would pay them another $150 when the work was done. They never came back to do the work. My husband called twice and was told they were busy, but would get to us. Since that was 5 months ago now, my husband gave up and did it himself. As far as I'm concerned, they stole $150 from us.

Description of Work
We needed an assessment of what to do about water spilling over our gutters and to fix it

Category gutter cleaning

05/09/2018

Betsy H.

This is the company to call if you want a critique of your home. I moved in three weeks ago and have a long list of items to work on. Larry felt it was his job to tear apart everything in sight and tell me what needed to be done. Including items unrelated to fencing. Apparently he also thinks women are dumb.

Description of Work
Fencing and gate installation quote request.

Category fencing

05/09/2018

Ken M.

The installed the gutters but left a mess. I'm still picking up pieces in my yard. They never told me when they started or finished. They also didn't complete one of items ordered. But you get what you pay for each time!

Description of Work
Covered Gutters Installed

Category gutter repair

06/04/2016

J. Marinda H.

Category home remodeling

09/01/2015

Deborah P.

It was a big effort.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General. Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

09/18/2013

Ericka M.

They were absolutely horrible. The contractor’s son brought his brother and they knew nothing about tiling. They told me that my tile was faux and I bought my tiling. The price was okay, it was just the shower stall. I got another guy out here and he said that they just stuffed the insulation in the holes. I have gaps in the tiling. Some of the tiles are vertical and some are horizontal. I would not recommend that anyone use them. I would not use them again and the people that recommended them, I chewed them out, because they would not let me use someone else.

Description of Work
Champion Home Improvements did a complete bathroom renovation.

Category home remodeling

07/02/2013

Sharon M.

They were so nice. They came out the same day that I called to set up my appointment. My gutters were over flowing and now my gutters are working just perfect. They were very informative and knowledgable. From now on I will be using Champion Home Improvements. I give them 5 stars! They even called. My neighbors me back to check to see if they got cleaned even said they would use Champions.

Description of Work
Cleaned my gutters.

Category gutter cleaning

12/03/2012

Janice C.

I could not afford to pay out of pocket so I called Champion to use my credit card. A friend who has worked on fences examined my fence and indicated that nothing is wrong with it except one area and told me to just get the area repaired. He told me that if anyone tells me that I need a new fence, they were only trying to get over on me. I called the office for an estimate to repair my wood fence because the rest of the fence is fine. It just needed one area corrected. Mr. Gibson sent Mr. Ahmed out to give me an estimate. He just stood back and looked at the fence and gave me an estimate for 1100.00. I told him to go over and shake the fence all around and you will see that only the area that is leaning needs repair (because parts of it has been repaired through the years). He did look at the fence and wrote me a contract at 1133.00 for 3 poles and 5 pickets. I asked him what was the 1133 to cover and why did he add the 33.00 to it. He said the 33.00 was for the estimate and the 1133.00 would cover whatever is needed. He then put Mr. Gibson on the phone and said that a price is needed to put on the contract but that whatever is needed would be done. Champion sent two men to do the work but they did not have much material to do the work, within two week, I called Andre and told him the fence was still leaning in the same area. He told me that the fence was old and that because of the rain maybe that's why it's leaning. I reminded him of what was said to me that all that was needed would be taken care of for that price. Mr. Gibson told me, "you shouldn't have sign the contract." I was shocked that a manager would say this to me. The one area they were suppose to fix would not have cost the nothing more to correct the error but instead he wanted to cheat a woman out of money. I called several times for someone to come out and correct but Mr. Gibson had no plan to send anyone. And he refuse to reimburse me for the work he did not do. I price the cost to purchase another pole (8.00) and pickets (6.95 each) which was not much since Mr. Gibson already charged my credit card. I wrote the license department in Baltimore but because of an arbitration clause, I have to do that first which I have time to do. I just don't want this to happen to anyone else so I wanted to write this review. Please check around first and deal with someone who is honest and will guarantee their work.

Description of Work
Champion was suppose to repair (replace an area) in my yard. The should advertise that they do fencing because they did a terrible incomplete job! All they had to do was replace one area of my wood fence which is no more than 8 pickets and 4 poles. Instead they came to cheat me by not doing what they were suppose to do.

Category fencing

10/26/2012

Timothy H.

OK.

Description of Work
Cover for patio.

Category replacement windows

06/18/2011

Michael M.

Champion had sales people canvassing the neighborhood in 2010 to do window and door work. I happened to ask if they did concrete work because I needed my front stoop, stairs, and sidewalk replaced. I guess that was my mistake. Anyone can hire a concrete subcontractor. Champion hired a subcontractor to do the work and never acted as the general contractor. Champion staff never appeared until after I insisted. They never inspected the forms before the concrete was poured to ensure that they were done correctly. From the beginning, I insisted to Champion that I wanted to re-use the iron rail because it was original to the house. Either they didn't communicate this to the concrete subcontractor or he forgot, because he used off-the-shelf standard step forms. That made the stair rise angle different than the iron rail, making it unusable. I would have expected Champion to review the forms before the concrete was poured. The pour was done while I was at work. After the concrete hardened and the forms were off, I realized the mistake after coming home from work and insisted that the work be redone. When the subcontractor demo-ed the first pour, the brick underneath the stoop got damaged and had to be repaired. You can see in the pictures how that turned out. For the second pour, instead of buying a couple of 2x8s to build an appropriate form for the stairs, the contractor hobbled together a bunch of boards. Running along the sidewalk was supposed to be a four-sided brick flowerbox. Champion also failed to make it clear to the subcontractor that it was to be four sided. He thought it was to be open along the sidewalk, therefore, instead of angling the sidewalk towards the yard, he angled it into the flowerbox. When the brick wall is built there, as I had described, water and ice will d*** against the wall because of the runoff angle of the sidewalk. I paid a bit extra to have the Champion sales rep dig out my mature hydrangea bushes and put them in mulch while the work was done. Instead of moving them to the side of the house as we agreed, he left them in mulch in front of the house about 10 feet from the work area. The concrete people piled their boards up over the bushes. The first picture shows the results of the first pour. You can see the scar on the brick from the original stairs and the first pour should have followed the angle. The rest of the pictures show the work to-date, almost a year later. The last picture is the bin that the subcontractor had used to gather bits and pieces. My son and I finished picking up all the concrete pieces and the bin sat there from July 2010 until May this year when the city threatened to fine me.

Description of Work
Replace the concrete stoop, stairs, and sidewalk to the city sidewalk in the front of my house.

Category concrete repair, remodeling

04/11/2011

charles S.

I compared Champion Home Improvements' detailed estimate with the detailed estimate of someone else. They left things out and that allowed them to be considerably the lower. I think some of the things they left out were appropriately left out. I was able to negotiate better price on some of the details where the other contractor's itemization showed that they were charging less, for example the cost for any unknown extra sheathing boards. The work was good. The subcontractors did throw all of the roofing onto the ground and they mangled a very nice rhododendron, but I was able to negotiate an offset for that. All in all, I was pleased with them. Their price was the best of the betters. Due to the bad weather, they didn't quite estimate when they were coming. I would use them in the future too.

Description of Work
Champion Home Improvements did roofing for me by replacing half of the roof with new roof in January.

06/21/2010

Ray B.

There was a little hitch. I already had one of the windows and I told them about it. They lost that information. I was gone on vacation when they measured for the unnecessary window.That was the only problem. Their workmanship was fine and everything else was okay.

Description of Work
Replaced windows.

Category replacement windows

The Chavez Brothers

The Chavez Brothers is a small business ran by A proud father & his two sons. We have successfully been in business for the last 30 years. We specialize in anything involving home improvement/Remodeling. I believe what makes our company stand out is the time and dedication we put into our clients wants and desires. We look at each one of our clients the same no matter how big or small the job. Our Goal is to ensure our clients are completely satisfied with the work done. We are very communicative throughout the process and do not mind questions or concerns. We look at that as feed back for our business. I hope you are willing to reach out to us. We would love to see how we could help.

Carlos Rivera Gutter Cleaning

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

DanDale Fence

DanDale opened its doors in 2012. We specialize in QUALITY fences, wood, vinyl, aluminum and chain link. We made it our mission to serve our customers with excellence. We strive to create a business that it TRUSTWORTHY, selects the best products for our customers, and provides a reliable source of work for our team. We work daily to make DanDale Fence better and better so we can provide a great service to our customers. We do this by following a few core principals: INTEGRITY: We do the right thing when no one is looking. We respect and honor your trust. And, we employ people in our community who have integrity. HONESTY: There is no need to lie. You can count on us to be straightforward with you. QUALITY: We choose products that meet industry standards, install our products correctly, and stand by our work with an installation warranty. When you choose to work with DanDale Fence, you can rest assured that your project will be installed correctly. We will work hard to make sure your experience with us is great. We look forward to earning your trust and your business.

Offers by DanDale Fence on Angi

Fencing, pavers, retaining walls, ornamental iron, screened porches, sun rooms, awnings, gutters, basements, windows, siding, roofs & decks.