Cooling Unlimited Inc

MA
Massachusetts: Contractors - Public Safety

565 Main St

Reading, MA 01867

Cooling Unlimited, Inc. is a full service HVAC company that has been accommodating the heating, cooling, and plumbing needs of the Greater Boston area for over 25 years. It is a family owned and operated company that has built an excellent reputation in the air conditioning, heating, and plumbing industry and in the community we serve, through vigorous dedication to service and excellence. Our company specializes in residential, commercial, and new construction sales and service, and has certified technicians capable of repairing, replacing, or servicing every major make and model of HVAC and equipment. In addition to heating and air conditioning, our company also offers solutions for plumbing, refrigeration, air purification, ventilation, and indoor air quality. We offer only the highest quality products in the industry and have established strong relationships with vendors and distributors. Our fleet of ten trucks and over 20 full time employees allows us We typically respond to a service request on the same day it is received and regularly are able to complete an installation within two business days. Moreover, we have an experienced technician available for emergency calls 24 hours a day to ensure that a minimum amount of time elapses between an urgent request and the satisfaction of that need. We offer competitive preventative maintenance agreements wherein our technicians visit your home twice per year to evaluate, maintain, and clean your systems to assure maximum efficiency of operation. At Cooling Unlimited, we are very selective in hiring our installers, technicians, and office staff to ensure that each and every member of our team is qualified to service our customers. All of our field technicians are NATE certified, which means they have earned a national competency certification that helps ensure your satisfaction....

4.4

HVAC Companies (358)plumbers (30)water heaters (25)electrician (5)drain cleaning (4)air duct cleaning (3)lighting (1)fence company (1)

07/23/2021

Diane F.

The crew from Cooling Unlimited showed up about 8:45am to replace my existing AC system with a new one, which was about 15 minutes after all the materials were dropped off. They were efficient in their work processes and the whole job was done by 2pm. They were neat, laying down tarps on my wood floors so that they didn't damage them and cleaned up afterwards. Overall, Cooling Unlimited was very competitive with their bid and they completed the job to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend using them for your AC needs.

Description of Work
Air conditioning system replacement

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

12/14/2020

Kathleen M.

Service was fine, they were able service the heating and cooling system.

Description of Work
Regular Maintenance of the air conditioner

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

10/12/2020

Anita C.

The installation went very well and smoothly. We are very happy with the service and quality of the work done.

Description of Work
Replacement/Installation of new Gas Furnace and Air Conditioning system

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

04/27/2020

Jennifer G.

Perfect-- they were true pros and did a great job. I interviewed a bunch of providers since I had time and I would recommend them highly

Description of Work
They replaced my HVAC

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

02/26/2020

Melinda H.

I can't say enough about our recent experience with Cooling Unlimited. From estimation to final punch list, the customer service was excellent. Our project manager, Charlie, was very responsive and the techs who did the install were professional, courteous, and cleaned up meticulously every day. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Central AC install

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

11/05/2019

Kathleen S.

Cooling Unlimited took out our very old oil heating system and put in a new gas system. It was about the best experience we’ve ever had with people in the house from start to finish. First, our salesperson Jason answered an endless number of my questions and he gave us a good price. Btw, not the best price we got, but their professionalism and responsiveness helped us decide they were the company to go with. Second, Dennis, rearranged the work schedule to get us in sooner, so that we wouldn’t be without heat when it was too cold. We spoke to several people in the office who were always friendly and quick to get answers for us. Then the guys showed up to take out the old and put in the new. They were a pleasure to have. They worked incredibly hard. They didn’t make a mark anywhere in the house. They took their shoes off when they went around the upper floors checking radiators, which I appreciated. They were friendly and polite and took their work seriously. What’s left to say! Well, one more thing – when the inspector came he told us they had done a first rate job, no cutting corners. It was a great install from start to finish.

Description of Work
Replaced heating system

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

09/17/2019

cedric B.

Watchout critical safety issue and they never came back to finish the job. Called 4-5 times talked to reception but no response to schedule or prices. I tried via Angieslist messaging too. Technician bypassed high (600psi) and low pressure switches (supply cost $50) safeties to ‘temporarily’ fix (hack) but said to come back once he has the switches ordered. I made a payment as it was insisted upon on the visit although promising to come back. The board got fixed by taking it from my other ac unit.... As a final notice I will call again to give them a last chance otherwise and I will report them to bbb if I don’t hear back by end of this week and get this fixed up by 09-21-2019. Also another oddity, their online work order receipt is also no longer accessible via they invoices provided. I was pleased with their initial responsiveness coming up the next day of my call. But work undone and no more reply leads me to this bad review with a F. I suggest to be careful if you treat with them. I won’t use them again unless they resolve this.

Description of Work
Ac unit not cooling due to bad control board and faulty pressure switch.

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

09/10/2019

Aashish K.

I had a great experience working with Cooling Unlimited. They installed central AC from scratch and also replaced my boiler and H/W heater. They were very professional, well organized and made sure the project went as smoothly as possible. The installers were very courteous and certainly knew what they were doing. The follow-up with MassSave rebates and inspections was also excellent. I would recommend them to anyone with HVAC needs. I worked with Jason on the estimates and paperwork, Mike on the planning, Joe led the boiler work, and sadly I did not catch the name of the lead on the AC work - but he was excellent too. The whole team was amazing.

Description of Work
Central AC install, Boiler and H/W Heater Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

07/06/2019

Stephen W.

Complete package provided: Design, Permits, Fees, Rebates, Installation. Removal of window units for donation. Solution: Whole house AC American Standard. Air Handler in attic. Ducts from attic to 2nd floor rooms. Ducts from attic to 1st floor rooms through 2nd floor closets. Compressor outside. Single story family room. Mitsubishi Air Handler inside wall. Installation of Compressor outside. Work Completed - Dec: all hardware installed. Spring: final adjustments and turn on once outside minimum temperature reached. Sales representative was customer focused, answered all of our many questions. Installation team was efficient, courteous, clean, explained what they were doing, and used foot covers when in house. Customer service was responsive and kept us informed. All rebate paperwork was submitted for us. They coordinated Spring turn on.

Description of Work
Install whole house AC in 1996 2 Story Colonial 2,296 sq. ft.

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

01/30/2019

Rebecca M.

Excellent experience overall. The gentleman who provided the estimate was prompt for the initial evaluation and provided an estimate in a timely manner. He answered all my questions quickly and correctly as we went through the process of funding and HOA approval. The installation want smoothly and the team got along great with our dog. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to other home owners.

Description of Work
Replacement of furnace & A/C system

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

Heating, air conditioning, plumbing, repairs, installations, heat pumps, oil furnaces, boilers, gas furnaces, hydronic heating, indoor air quality products, zoning, gas stoves, dryers, bathroom, kitchen remodeling, water heaters, ventilators, ductless mini splits, tankless water heaters, steam boilers, radiant floor heat, high velocity systems, geothermal, air handlers & condensers.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available