We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Evolved Mechanical LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2011

650 BROADWAY

Malden, MA 02148

We are a Melrose/Malden, MA-based family run Heating, Cooling and Plumbing Company. We have built a reputation for quality, reliability and total customer satisfaction. Our service is flexible and customized to meet your needs, whatever your requirements. We warranty all our workmanship. All our technicians are factory-trained, licensed, and insured. When you call our offices, we know we have to earn your trust by doing the work right. We’re honored to serve you and this community. Let us help you stay comfortable in your homes, all year long. We serve the towns of Malden, Melrose, Stoneham, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Everett, Lynfield, and Wakefield....

03/11/2022

Rosa B.

I was driving behind an Evolved Mechanical car on the highway and somebody threw a cigarette out of the window and it hit my car. Very unprofessional! I will not be using their services.

Description of Work
Hit me with a cigarette!

Category electrician

10/11/2021

Carl T.

We hired Evolved to install an electric heat pump at our house in Medford in May 2021. Although there were a few minor hiccups during installation (their truck did some minor damage to our house, and the tech tried to install the outdoor unit on a plastic base rather than the concrete pad included in their quote) Evolved resolved both of those issues to our satisfaction and I don’t hold either honest mistake against them. The real problems came later. First: it came to light that Evolved installed our system without obtaining permits. They eventually rectified this after months of hounding. Unfortunately, I believe the excuse they gave because no one would concoct a lie that makes them sound this inept: they submitted the permit application to the wrong city, and didn’t notice that it wasn’t granted before starting work. Second, Evolved misrepresented our eligibility for the MassSave rebate program. Their quote listed an AHRI reference number which indicated that we’d be eligible for a $700 rebate, but our application for the rebate was rejected. Why? Because the equipment Evolved installed didn’t match the reference number on the quote. The SUZ-KA36NAH2 listed in the AHRI database would have been eligible, but the SUZ-KA36NAHZ they actually installed is not. Their GM has continued to insist that MassSave or the AHRI listing must be wrong (this is unfortunately not supported by any documentation from Mitsubishi), and at this point I’ve given up on getting any kind of a resolution to the rebate problem. In short, I cannot recommend Evolved on the basis of our experience, and the overwhelmingly positive reviews are frankly mind boggling. Find someone better.

Description of Work
Air source heat pump installation

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,gas leak repair

04/19/2021

VB H.

Evolved did a great job! They were terrific from the beginning from quote to finishing the job. Greg gave a pretty accurate quote and explained the work very well. Zoran Karlica: the main engineer working at the site was the best in managing the work, planning with almost no mess as they cleaned up well before they left. The HVAC system is quite and as we expected. I would recommend then to anyone who want to add HVAC to their old baseboard heated houses.

Description of Work
HVAC and remove gas baseboard heating

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with you!

02/26/2021

Kambo M.

A big thank you to Mike for his outstanding work.

Description of Work
Plumbing work.

Category plumbing

11/15/2020

Nick R.

The tech was courteous and informative and had the new disposal installed very fast,

Description of Work
replacement of a garbage disposal

Category home remodeling

11/07/2020

Esther A.

Good l was happy with the work will refer them to friends and famiy

Description of Work
New surge pump

Category air duct cleaning

10/21/2020

Michael S.

Evolved Mechanical was terrific. This was a small job, just couldn't figure out why the boiler wouldn't turn on. (Turns out there was a switch elsewhere in the basement we didn't know about.) Asked for quote through Angie's List on Monday evening. Tuesday morning got a call from a friendly person at Evolved Mechanical asking for more info. Scheduled a visit for Wednesday morning. Mike showed up on time and professional. He got to work while I got the kids ready. By the time I popped back downstairs, the problem was solved. He talked me through some other things he'd checked out and answered my questions about some of the parts I didn't understand. Fee was reasonable and as expected. Overall, an A+ experience. Would recommend Evolved Mechanical and Mike Porter again.

Description of Work
Figure out why heat wouldn't start

06/30/2020

Rafael G.

Professional, efficient and personable service. Mike Porter was our plumber/installer and I would gladly have him work any plumbing job I may need in the future. His immediate response to email and coming back to check the gas unions when we asked about a smell which was actually normal for new water heaters. Very happy with the job and we will continue to be customers and recommend them to family and friends. Rafael Gonzalez Everett MA.

Description of Work
Water Heater

Category water heater repair,air duct cleaning

12/31/2019

Adrian C.

I started using Evolved Mechanical for annual furnace checkups in 2015 while living in Somerville and just used them to replace my furnace and condenser at my condo in Charlestown. I am quite pleased with the overall service delivered by Evolved. From assistance with the Mass Save loan app / rebate, to the technicians who performed the work I highly recommend using Evolved for any HVAC work needed in the Boston area. Zoran, who was the lead tech for my furnace and condenser replacement, was fantastic.

Description of Work
New furnace and condenser replacement

11/22/2019

Eddie L.

I found them on Angie's and listed not an emergency. Steam pipe leaking. They called back and can come look at is $189 fee just to show up but would be applied to bill. Tech shows up at the end of the time range (2pm which I told them I have to get my kids from school so that time would be bad) but anyways. shows up at 2pm. Says it'll take 2 hours, but really only took 30 minutes. Charged me $580.94. I agreed to it because I would have had to pay $189 anyways thinking I'd have to pay that to another plumber. I also ask him for a quote for additional work while he was there. He said he'd get back to me. Then I talk to friends who say that's alot of money to pay for a non emergency Thursday at 2pm repair of 2 feet of pipe that was exposed and easy to get to and 30 minute job. I emailed the company who said they'd talk with the tech and get back to me by Wednesday. It's not Friday and nothing. Obviously they already lost my business on the future work which but I'm still feeling scammed. 30 minutes of work, 2 feet of pipes replaced (clamped) for $580.94. Inquired about an itemized bill which never came. I mean if the kid made a mistake and charged me the $189 fee, just return it to me and I'm feeling good. Not just ignore me and not give me an itemized bill. Will contacting attorney general next. this is a black eye on Angies list too since I found them through this site. Used a different site to find a plumber for my bigger project. Also 2 other plumbers came and gave me quotes on my bigger job withthout charging me a show up fee like this company. Theives all the way around. should have known when they mentioned $189 just to show up so they have you by the balls to pay them to do the work or you still gotta pay them anyways.

Description of Work
2 feet of steam pipe leaking

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the feedback regarding our plumbing service. While we are happy to hear that our tech resolved your plumbing problem quickly and professionally, we are very disappointed to hear that you question the integrity of our company. We have been serving our customers since 2003, and we stand by our work. We don’t take customers’ trust for granted, and we emphasize transparency in communication, high quality of work, and customer satisfaction as our top priorities. We sincerely apologize for the lack of timely feedback in your case, and we admit it as our mistake. Our pricing for pipe replacement is a fixed rate model, meaning that it is not based on time and material used. The price on the estimate we provided was for the fixed rate for the pipe replacement. The estimate did not include the $189 diagnostic fee. However, I agree that the estimate is not clear in showing that deduction. We are taking steps to correct the estimate template to be more clear. We will improve our estimate so that it shows the diagnostic fee charged and then a second item with the fee deducted from the bill. Our owner Jason Moriarty will contact you personally to make sure all the issues with the billing are solved. Once again, we apologize for the trouble it may have caused you. Sincerely, Jen Moriarty

J M L Electric, Inc.

JML Electric Co, is a established business since 2003 who specializes in NEW construction, remodels and renovations throughout Massachusetts.

Jason Shippee electrician

Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

Young and Son. Electric

We are fully Insured, Bonded, Economical, and have been Serving Greater Boston since 1993. Call us today for your Alarm/Security needs! We look forward to working with you!

Offers by Young and Son. Electric on Angi

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Massachusetts
    Massachusetts: General
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

HEATING SYSTEMS installation and repair: Boilers, Furnaces, Steam Systems, Radiators, Heat Pumps, Ductless Mini-Splits, Tankless Hot Water Heaters and Ductwork, Oil to Gas Heat Conversions. COOLING SOLUTIONS installation and repair: Ductless Mini-Splits, Central AC, Heat Pumps and Ductwork; Seasonal Maintenance & Tune-Ups and Air Quality and Filtration services. PLUMBING Installation and Repair: Hot Water Heaters, Faucets, Showers/Tubs, Toilets, Sinks, Garbage Disposal, Drains, Floor Masters

Main sewer drain cleaning such as outside the building.