In Its Place Organizing

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2013

36 Tower Rd

Lexington, MA 02421

I will work with you to sort through the clutter and help you make the tough decisions on what to keep and what to let go. I will also assist you in finding a charity for donated items. I think logically and have a knack for organizing items in ways that may not have occurred to you. I am a fast and efficient worker. Most importantly, we will work together to set up systems that works for you! Member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and NAPO-New England....

04/16/2016

SALLY H.

Efficient, energetic, and pleasant to work with!

Description of Work
Helped clean out and organize a storage unit.efficient

11/21/2015

Sonali P.

I worked with Karen on two occasions - once to organize my basement and a second time to organize and file papers ranging 5 years! Both, overwhelming projects! Karen is, simply put, amazing and here's why: She arrived on time. (I've worked with an organizer who always arrived late!). She was fast (pretty unbelievable what she can get done in a matter of a few hours. You have to experience it, to comprehend it). She created systems tailored for "me" that "I" can use to stay organized. As a result, I feel empowered. She was very considerate of anything I want to hold on to. She helped me make decisions when I was torn about whether to keep or discard items. Above all, her absolutely non judgmental attitude and friendly demeanor, made working together so much fun! My money was well utilized and the sense of relief that Karen brought, also made it so worthwhile.

Description of Work
Helped with organizing garage, basement, and filing not done from 5 years

06/13/2015

WILLIAM B.

Just listing all the things she has helped me with in only 3 visits goes to show how amazing this woman is. She works so efficiently that she turns what seems like a day long project into a few short hours. She talks you through making decisions on whether to keep or let go of your belongings. She is not pushy but rather educates you on the importance of scaling back to truly enjoy those belongings that mean the most. This truly is the best money I have ever spent. When you finish working with her you feel as though a huge weight has been lifted. Projects that we put off for years because they were just too overwhelming were tackled by Karen with enthusiasm and grace. She inspires you and gives you the tools to keep organizing and purging long after she has gone. I feel so fortunate to know her. My family is much happier now that they never have to go searching for something because everything is "in its place". Thanks Karen for making my home the happiest and most efficient space it can be. I look forward to working with you many more times in the future.

Description of Work
This is the third time I have worked with Karen. She has organized my attic, my master closets, my linen/toiletries closet, my bathroom, my pantry, my husband's office and my husband's tool/work bench.

03/20/2014

SUSAN C.

Karen was amazing. She has a great ability to look at a big mess and to quickly identify ways to group items that will be useful and easy to access. She has limitless energy and when I start to feel overwhelmed by the task, she just steadily moves ahead until, suddenly things are in order. I have worked with Karen on at least 5 occasions in the past year or so. She has helped me organize my kitchen, my bedroom closets, drawers and bathroom. She has even helped me with office organization and setting up a filing system. What had seemed like daunting tasks to me are, stunningly, completed in just hours. In addition to being clear-thinking and effective, she is also nonjudgemental about my mess and fun to work with.

Description of Work
She came to my house and helped me organize my storage room. It was packed and a little bit gross.

02/23/2014

Susan B.

As I previously mentioned Karen is extremely professional, efficient and delightful. She is equally helpful whether or not you are moving, cleaning an attic, closet, garage or office. She can make a tedious job seamless. I have recommended her to all my friends who have had the same fantastic experience.

Description of Work
Karen did a phenomenal job at organizing my photos, closet, office and garage. She is incredibly efficient and very reasonably priced. She is a delight to work with and her suggestions have changed my life.

02/17/2014

Sarah H.

Karen is very attentive and responsive.She was patient and supportive during the entire time.

Description of Work
Karen is an organizer. She helped me sort and organize a very neglected walk-in storage closet.

05/02/2013

Jill S.

I've had several appointments with Karen and she has been phenomenal! Her professionalism, endless energy and non-judgmental demeanor (who doesn't feel a bit uncomfortable showing a stranger your worst messes) make her a pleasure to work with and otherwise unpleasant tasks manageable and often enjoyable. Karen is great at working side by side with you - she really kept my stamina up when I wanted to quit - and has the ability to work alone and bring order to chaos without you. When she leaves I always think that is the best use of of time and money in terms of making me feel better - and lighter. I seriously feel better after Karen has been at my house than after a day at the spa!

Description of Work
Karen has helped me organize closets, storage rooms, my office, our play room and kitchen.

Estate Organizing Specialists & Senior Downsizing

We offer virtual estate disassembling and home staging services for out of town next of kin. We have been in business for over 30 years. All of our employees are security cleared, insured, licensed, and certified by the Bureau of Professional Organizers. Since 1982, Helene Y. Parenteau has organized homes, offices, and retirement estates up and down the East Coast. She has a B.A. and an M.B.A. in Management and Marketing. Based in New England, Helene continues to help individuals and businesses get organized. With understanding and compassion, she takes the anxiety out of decluttering, downsizing and relocating. Helene specializes in estate disassembly in time of death of a loved one. If you are in the difficult time of a loved one passing away, call Helene to lift that burden off your shoulders to completely organize and disassemble the estate and belongings. Additional phone: (603) 898-3886.

Offers by Estate Organizing Specialists & Senior Downsizing on Angi
    Spotted Salamander Organizing & Design

Spotted Salamander is a full-service, hands-on service. When organizing and decluttering, I will be with you every step of the way, in it up to my elbows -- we do not just stand by and offer suggestions. You deal only with the owner of the business, never an assistant or contractor. We strive to make the process easy, stress-free and (dare I say it?) even fun. No job is too small or too big. No matter how overwhelming it may seem, we can fix it. In the areas of design and staging, we specialize in using what you already have. We are happy to do complete overhauls, but we do not assume that you want to discard all your belongings and start from scratch. We can find space and solutions you never imagined and create beauty with what is already there. There are photos of our work on our website, SpottedSalamanderOnline.com.

Phone consult or 30 minute local consult
    Satisfaction

All aspects of home organizing: closets, kitchens, cabinets, home offices, garages, attics, playrooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, you name it!