MacFarlane Energy

Founded 1946 • With Angi since July 2001

95 Bridge St

Dedham, MA 02026

Customer convenience is a top priority at MacFarlane Energy. We simplify our customers' lives by serving as a one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning and home comfort. In addition to delivering heating oil and maintaining the equipment in your home or business, we provide virtually every related service: indoor air quality, duct cleaning, conservation advice, home energy audits, replacing water heaters and oil tanks, installation of high-efficiency equipment, plus more. We also install radiant heat, snow-melt systems, pool heaters, solar hot water systems, and geothermal systems....

02/02/2021

Linda L.

My heat went out during a 3 day stretch of 8-10 degree temperatures. I called around to several companies that could not be of assistance because I was not a current client as the house and HVAC was new to me. MacFarlane was kind enough to service me. Every energy company was slammed with the low temps but they were able to fit me in within 48 hours. I received a conformation email with a 3 hour window. Two hours into my window I received a text from the tech. with a photo, which I thought was a nice touch. Andrew arrived and was very polite and made me feel very comfortable. He was quick to diagnose the problem and do the repair. He explained everything to me in terms I could understand. The company charges are very competitive and they are very professional. I'm very happy with MacFarlane and I will be calling in the spring for an AC tune up and then the fall for my Furnace tune up. Thank you MacFarlane, I'm a happy customer for life now!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

06/03/2020

ilay A.

Wish I could have given 0 star! MacFarlane does not do anything to keep their forced customers happy. Especially the tenants who are forced to use MacFarlane services because of their landlords' annual contracts. Although I have cancelled my enrollment on the automatic delivery through their website, they tell me that they never received that and filled my tank without my permission. Although they told me that they were going to pull out the oil they never did and told me that they tried to reach out to me but couldn't which is not the fact! These things are not major and could have easily been resolved with a customer focused approach or a better online system which MacFarlane is clearly lacking. What is the point of having an online system if they are not capable to handle!!! By the way this was not the first time they messed up with online deliveries. The thing that really frustrates me was the behavior of the rudeness of the staff. Mr. PAUL did not hesitate to threaten me over the phone to put this into the court and accused me being . This is completely UNACCEPTABLE. I am so happy that I moved out and don't have to deal with this company anymore. STAY AWAY!

Description of Work
Cancellation of auto delivery enrollment

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,energy audit,home automation,generator service,heating oil companies

This review is incorrect. Mr [Member Name Removed] said that he cancelled his automatic delivery on our website. Our website doesn't allow customers to cancel services, only to inquire and pay their invoices. He stopped our oil delivery driver half way through filling his tank at 9:57 AM on 4/6/2020. Our driver stopped immediately. When Mr [Member Name Removed] called our office after his tank was filled halfway on 4/6/2020 he stated that he was not able to cancel his deliveries on our website and that our website was poorly designed. He couldn't remember how he cancelled. We checked all of our incoming emails and phone calls. He never contacted our office to suspend deliveries until after we filled his tank halfway on 4/6/2020. On 6/3/2020 Mr [Member Name Removed] sent an email requesting that we write off what he owed and stop sending him invoices as he believed that we made the delivery after he cancelled his automatic delivery, even though he still didn't remember how he cancelled automatic delivery. He wanted us to come and pump out the oil which Paul Grady, from my office, told him could be done but would be difficult and costly to him as we can't re-sell used oil. He threatened, if we didn't write off the bill he would give us bad reviews on multiple sites. Mr Grady told him that we could not credit the cost of the oil as we paid our wholesale supplier. All Mr [Member Name Removed] had to do was call our office or email us and we would have discontinued his automatic delivery right away. During the time Mr [Member Name Removed] was a customer he contacted our office by phone and email many times about his invoices and the price of oil but never about cancelling his deliveries in 2020. We will do anything we can to keep our customers happy but not when we are threatened with bad false reviews

04/05/2019

Cindy H.

The installers were very professional and did a great job. Brian S, Jason S worked with me to find the best spot to place the outside and inside units. They also had an electrician add the wiring for the units who did a very professional job. The work was done in a few hours and they cleaned up everything. They also explained how to control the system with the remote and how to maintain the system. They also helped me apply for a MassSave rebate and they sent me the forms the next business day. I was extremely pleased with the whole process.

Description of Work
Installation of a mini-split A/C

10/02/2018

Meredith W.

The physical installation was fine - MacFarlane's techs are always very good, which is why I chose to accept a higher quote from them since I trusted their work. The service side was horrible. When I got the bill, it had a different (higher) SEER number than the contract had specified - I had to call to find out that the bill was correct, which meant I was eligible for rebates and 0% interest loans I hadn't applied for. It took weeks to get a corrected contract to submit, and the person in charge, Jim, acted like I was unreasonable to expect speedy correction of a legal document with large financial implications. In all my dealings with him he was condescending and unpleasant, and acted as if I were in the wrong for expecting them to fix their errors. I never did get the %0 loan and it took months more for me to get a large rebate I was owed. When I wrote an email to Mr. MacFarlane complaining, he made lots of excuses for Jim and never made any apology to me even when I asked for one directly. I wouldn't be writing this review if I'd felt like my mistreatment mattered to the head of the company - instead, I'm now looking to switch at the end of this heating season.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of ductless mini-splits

10/02/2018

Meredith W.

Description of Work
Installation of ductless mini-splits

07/11/2018

Neal W.

Great job by caring techs. A company with a heart,

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

10/27/2017

Scott N.

Installation was flawless and the were very clean with not leaving a mess , perfect!

Description of Work
New lenox furnace installed

10/25/2017

Michael M.

Very Professional and Reasonable Prices.

Description of Work
Annual Tune-up and Fixed Combustion Chamber on oil fired Boiler

09/20/2017

Kyle P.

Al, Joe, Dennis, Jason and team all did a fantastic job on this massive project. They are very professional, and courteous when it came to explaining how the new system works. I would def have them back for any future projects.

Description of Work
They installed a new Lennox A/C system. It included new; Condenser, Air Handler, Refer Line, Zone Dampers, Thermostats, Plenum & Return.

08/05/2017

George H.

They are very good. Their service people are excellent - their office people are okay, great, good. On quality, they are very good.

Description of Work
Check up on heating.

Super Service Today Inc

Super Service Today is a full service drain cleaning and plumbing company. Our team is experienced and fully equipped to solve your problem. We are your plumbers drain cleaning professionals. Your home or business will be treated as if it were our own! Customer service is our number one priority and you will see first hand when you call!

FEU Systems

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Automatic heating oil delivery, annual tune ups, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, water purification, pool, radiant, geothermal, solar hot water, hydro air, conservation advice, payment options, tank replacement, water heater replacement, radiant heat, tank-guard, & snow-melt systems