We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Archadeck - Advantage Design & Construction

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2003

16 Adams St

Burlington, MA 01803

We are a full service Deck & Porch company, with 44 awards for design and service and over 29 years' experience designing & building custom decks, porches, sunrooms, patios, and additions. We are family owned and operated and operate a Design Center at our Burlington office. To date, we have earned THIRTEEN consecutive Super Service Awards for our service and design. To see some of our quality projects scroll down or visit our website - nemass.archadeck.com for a more complete portfolio of photo galleries, videos, testimonials, awards & publications. To read our popular and informative posts on relevant deck and porch topics, visit our Blog: boston-decks-and-porches.com. Archadeck: Award winning design, construction, and Customer Service. Corporate name: Advantage Design & Construction Inc....

06/28/2022

Valerie S.

Fantastic - final product looks like it was always part of the house. Communication from beginning to end was daily so i knew what was going to be done and when. Love it!!!

Description of Work
3-season porch

Category concrete repair, siding, woodworking, sunrooms

04/06/2022

Francis B.

Excellent job. The end result is something that the company can be proud of. We have no complaints. We are very happy with the new deck and cannot wait for the weather to warm so we can begin to use it. The job was very professional and the clean-up after was very satisfactory. I certainly can recommend the company without hesitation.

Description of Work
Screened in an elevated open deck (10 feet above ground level) and built a set of stairs to access the deck from the ground. The company buil;t a roof (skylights, fan, numerous electrical outlets), strengthened the supports for the deck, new railings and side walls

Category concrete repair, decks, lighting, sunrooms

01/20/2022

Maggie L.

Overall the project went very well and we are very happy with the results. I love that Archadeck can work on projects year round. Our project was slated to start in January, but got moved up to December. The crew who worked on the deck were extremely professional and friendly. The staff at Archadeck were professional, thorough, and followed through with everything they said they would do. The only issue was a small gap in communication. When no one showed up to work one day, we reached out to check in. We found out about some delays in arrival of material, which is completely understandable. A bit more proactiveness would have been appreciated, but overall, as I mentioned, it was a small issue. I would absolutely recommend Archadeck to friends and family. They do excellent work at a competitive (not overly bloated) price. I cannot wait until warm weather arrives so we can enjoy it.

Description of Work
We needed an old deck removed and a new deck built in its place.

01/14/2022

Kirsten M.

They were quick, professional and gave daily updates. Their work was great!

Description of Work
Patio, fire pit

Category concrete repair, patios

01/06/2022

Andrew K.

We are thrilled with our new porch. Krisoula was amazing and patient while we figured out exactly what we wanted to build, and the materials we wanted to use. She was extremely knowledgeable and guided us through the pros and cons of each decision we had to make in that respect. Her drawings really brought the project to life. Once we had the technical drawings from the Archadeck team, we discovered that the permitting process would require a variance because of city regulations, but she stuck with us and guided us through the process, even making sure that the application was completed properly. She even joined us on the prime time call with the Board of Appeals and spoke on our behalf. I’m quite sure that our approval wouldn’t have happened so quickly and easily if it weren’t for Krisoula’s help. Once construction started, Mike took over and he proved to be equally as patient and thorough. He was easy to contact and was always available to discuss the project. The crew working on our project was excellent and rather nice to have around the house. They were super friendly, respectful of our property, and did really high-quality work. In the past when we’ve had home renovations and repairs, we’ve had to pay close attention to the work to prevent mistakes or nonsensical construction. Not with this crew. Whenever I had a question, they had an answer and could explain how it was going to be resolved. And, if I didn’t like something, they were willing to change it. I’ve truly had to rethink what my role was supposed to be as a homeowner, because in the past I’ve had to micromanage the process. No one wants to do that, so this round of renovations was such a relief. Initial pricing and timing estimates were right on target. We had a few addendums, but our own fault for making some changes as the build was taking place. They were minor too. There were times when we thought we were going to have to pay more based on unexpected complexity of the build, but Archadeck never asked for more money despite the small surprises. Lumbar prices increased since we signed the contract, but we never heard a peep. Bottom line, the team was determined to get it done within the original budget, and even more importantly, they were determined to get it done right, to our liking. You really couldn’t ask for more! We would work with the Archadeck team again in a heartbeat. They were excellent partners on our porch build and exceeded expectations. We can’t wait for the nice weather so we can fully enjoy their hard work.

Description of Work
Porch Addition

Category concrete repair, decks, siding, woodworking, patios

12/20/2021

James J.

Mike, Krisoula, and whole Archadeck team were fantastic. Walked us through every step of the process and were extremely through/detailed with what was happening on site every day. Job site was immaculate during the entire process as well. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a new deck/patio.

Description of Work
New Deck Renovation

Category concrete repair, decks, siding

10/17/2021

Pooja W.

We're so happy with Archadeck's work! We went with Archadeck because they were able to build our deck and work with us to find a design that worked in our price range -- even during the pandemic. Their carpentry has been immaculate, and even after the wood warped a bit when it was drying out (totally normal), they came back and tightened a few areas to make sure it still looks just as sharp 6 months later as it did when it was first built. We now have our dream backyard which has been so key this year as many get-togethers are still outside. We would recommend Archadeck to anyone! Thank you!

Description of Work
Design & build a new deck

10/11/2021

Kenneth D.

Excellent craftsmanship, communication throughout the process was continuous from start to finish, price was competitive with quotes received from multiple providers. Employees were professional, personable and pressure-free. Very pleased with the end product.

Description of Work
Deck remodel & improvement

Category concrete repair, decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

09/08/2021

Denise M.

Decks are beautiful and functional.

Description of Work
Lower and upper decks

07/02/2021

Cord A.

This is our second project with Archadeck of Suburban Boston in 8 years. As with the previous project, the result for this one is spectacular. Archadeck is a very professional organization, setting achievable and understandable milestones through their communication. A daily email sums up the actions taken for the day and what is expected for the next work day, which keeps the homeowner constantly in the loop. Much thanks to Larry for a great design, to Mike and Kim for the organization of the project and keeping us informed of every step, and especially to Don for his amazing attention to detail and superb carpentry abilities. To best sum this up, my wife and I sat out on the floor of the porch for the first time the night before the final touches were done. She looked around and said, "I knew I would like it. I just didn't think I'd like it this much." We're already discussing our next Archadeck project.

Description of Work
Enclosed porch

Category decks, woodworking

Many thanks for your kind words and 5 stars! Clients like you, who appreciate our efforts, motivate us to work even harder. Designing and building projects to meet our clients goals is the bread and butter of our business. Great reviews like yours are the desert.

04/15/2021

Maryanne C.

New Deck with all low maintenance materials was installed. Thank you Krisoula for designing the beautiful plans for the deck. Thank you Mike for making sure everything was done with outstanding quality and thank you Don for your superb craftsmanship.

Description of Work
New Deck replacement

03/25/2021

Patrici D.

It went really well even though the February weather was tough. Everyone from start to finish was professional and kept me informed. I am thrilled with the finished porch and everyone so far has given a thumbs up. The house is one hundred years old so there were some updating and codes to address. Mike and his crew did what needed to be done. The carpenter was amazing and his work was superior. I would certainly recommend.

Description of Work
Design and repair a 3season porch into a new screened deck.

02/10/2021

Amy A.

Archadeck is top notch from start to finish. The architect we worked with was professional and created a deck design that was both functional and beautiful! The carpenters were careful, considerate, and took their time to do it right. Communication was excellent throughout the entire process. We now have a quality deck that is gorgeous and functional and will last many years! Would definitely hire Archdeck again. I would attach a photo but our deck is currently covered in snow!

Description of Work
New Deck using synthetic decking

12/29/2020

BOB H.

tear down and replace screened porch to three season porch

Description of Work
Done in 2 weeks, except for the custom made windows and screens. Price was higher than expected as more amenities were added, but we are happy with our new porch.

Category decks, lighting, siding

12/17/2020

THEODORE C.

The project went very well, it was completed by Don who did an outstanding job. We also enjoyed working with Krisoula and Mike thru out the entire project and also Kim for keeping us updated during our project. We have no problem with recommending their work.

Description of Work
Railings for deck and front steps

12/05/2020

David R.

Our experience with Larry, Mike, and especially our carpenter Don was exceptional. This was truly our best construction experience ever, with no close comparison. The project took a little longer than expected but it was totally worth the quality of product that we received. There was meticulous attention to detail, constant communication, and a willingness to actively work with us throughout the project. The deck and entrances look amazing. I wish every project we did was as easy as this one. We will likely use Archadeck for other projects including our walkways.

Description of Work
Back deck, side entrance, front entrance

12/01/2020

Tom G.

Pros: + Great carpentry job + Very solidly reinforced posts and joists + In-house deck designer Cons: - Lack of communication for days working, number of hours working per day - Wrong gate ordered 3 times in a row despite job booked 2 months in advance, had to settle with a different (cheaper) gate design; they did credit for cheaper gate, but the difference in price was bigger than the credit - Job stalled out after 5 days, without a gate and multiple punch list items not done - After a month, my neighbors complained about porta potty out front and trash and construction debris - Paid for added work that was not done; specifically woodwork fixes in 2 separate areas of door trim rot that were disputed by Archadeck despite being listed on their own documentation and signed by them (we had our painting crew fix those and 2 other areas torn up by removal of old decking) - Aggressive payment policy, 90% due by start of rails (approx. 60% of job done), full payment in advance for any added work - Had to change decking choice last minute because original decking not available at start of job - Project took more than 3 months to complete Conclusion: I'm not sure if I would have gone with Archadeck knowing what I know now. The carpenters did a great job and the deck came out really nice, but the cons noted above are a serious problem.

Description of Work
Replace deck

11/06/2020

Teresa D.

We were very satified with the quality and workmanship. Archadeck came out several times to make sure all was going as planned. Archadeck came out after one year to check how things were going. We recently had to call them for a problem and they were here to check out the problem within a couple of days at no charge. We have never had such great service performed on time with any other contractor. During the construction the builder was always on time, very polite and extremely knowledgeable. Many days he would even stay later in order to finish what he had wanted to accomplish in that day. There was always communications between the builder, Archadeck and us throughout and after the project. We love it and would recommend this company. They say "you get what you pay for" and in this case we truly did.

Description of Work
They converted our side deck into a lovely 3 season porch.

Category decks, woodworking, foundation repair

10/29/2020

Jonah R.

Project was completed at a very high level, and the team was well-organized and great to work with. Strongly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced and updated decking materials

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

10/27/2020

Jane F.

It went extremely well. Larry was very professional in introducing the company to us and following the progress of the project, Mike was very diligent in managing the project and creatively liaising with external contractors, and Don is an extremely talented builder whom we enjoyed getting to know on site. We also appreciated Kim's updates. There were some delays due to COVID-19-related manufacturing back-ups, totally out of Archadeck's control. Other than that glitch, we were very satisfied with the process and thrilled with the final product (please see the photo below).

Description of Work
We needed a new back deck to be built.

10/26/2020

Lazaro G.

over all the project went good, costs were on the higher end of the spectrum but there were several elements to the project. There were some issues with the wrong door being installed without a screen that never got resolved to my satisfaction. I had it clearly documented that I wanted a door with a screen and they installed a beautiful door but it did not have the screen. one of the carpenters teased my dog through the window which did not sit well with me. The craftsmanship was high quality and they do stick to their guarantees on the work. They have been out twice in two years post installation at no cost to me to tune the deck and replace a board that warped. The design process was good but they missed a couple of details during installation as previously mentioned. They have always been responsive to my emails and calls. Overall would re-hire.

Description of Work
Added a deck to the house and had a door installed.

10/25/2020

Kevin B.

We recently hired Archadeck to remove our old deck and patio, and replace them with new ones. We could not be happier with how the new space turned out! The deck and patio are both gorgeous and seem rock solid. We recently had an unrelated contractor over, who (unprompted) remarked how impressed he was at how level they were able to make the patio - that he usually doesn't see such good work. The things I appreciated most were: 1) The thoughtful planning phase of the project, and consideration of what we were looking for. They really wanted to make sure we were picking out exactly what was best for us, both design and material 2) Good communication and project management once the work started 3) Flexibility with minor changes (per our request) once the project was already underway 4) Rapid response and remedy when something unplanned happened Although we don't expect we'll need a new deck or patio anytime soon, if we ever did find ourselves in such a position, we would use Archadeck again without a second thought.

Description of Work
New Deck and Patio

Category decks, lighting, woodworking, patios

10/22/2020

Ray B.

The carpenter, Eddie Volpato, was excellent. He and his brother constructed the new deck and did a wonderful job. I highly recommend Eddie. I have no complaints about his work. I have no complaints about the deck design. I would probably go with Archadeck again, because now I know how to handle them and I would get more details in writing. This is a long review, but if you do decide to go with Archadeck, I think it will be worth your while to read the whole review so you can manage them and avoid the issues I had. If you want just the high points, search for “Lesson learned:” I hired Archadeck to replace my existing 34 foot x 12 foot deck which was above a cement patio. The new deck had composite decking and railings with round aluminum balusters. The design phase went well for the most part, the deck designer was pleasant and easy to deal with. My wife and I were happy with the final design. Make sure the designer allows the proper distance when designing your deck. A table requires 5 feet of space a side if you want guests to be able to walk around the table while other guests are seated. Three feet is the minimum to allow a guest to get in and out of a chair at the table. I made sure the designer allowed the proper distance for all of the items we wanted on the new deck. Also, the new deck was going to be shorter, but deeper, more of a square then a rectangle. I told the designer it had to clear the electrical outlet on the left and the doorway on the right. We settled on 30’1”. But I was still concerned it was going to be a tight fit. Archadeck uses a sub-contractor to install the helical pile footings. Technodrill is the company. I read the fine print on the contract and understood if there were hidden obstructions, I was responsible for extra charges for the footing install. I assumed Archadeck would demolish and remove the existing deck to make room for the footing installed and I was surprised when I received a phone call from the deck designer on June 29th stating that Archadeck would be onsite June 30th to mark and cut the concrete for the footing install, the footing installer would be there the next day, July 1st, and the pre-construction meeting would be July 2nd. I pointed out the deck was still up and I was told that wouldn’t be an issue and Archadeck wanted to leave it up so we could use our existing deck as long as possible. On the afternoon of the day the concrete was supposed to be marked and cut, I received an email stating that Archadeck would be onsite the next day at 8 AM and the footing installer would be onsite from 9 AM to 12 PM. Archadeck showed up at 8 AM. They had to go get fuel for the concrete saw, it had fuel in the tank, but not much. I left to run an errand and when I got back the footing installer was there and he had one footing installed. He was struggling to put the second of seven footings in. There was not enough room under the deck for him to start the helical pile upright and he had to tilt it. Also, for some reason, Archadeck was now jack hammering one of the holes into the concrete. I found out later it was because the saw had broken down. The footing installer allows 30 minutes per footing and he only managed to install 3 of 7 footings in the allotted time. In my opinion, the jack hammered hole, was way too small to allow the installer to get the necessary tilt to install the footing. It may have been okay if the deck was removed, but the deck was still up. Another hole he couldn’t try at all, because it was cut above the edge of an existing footing. The existing footing wasn’t deep, a couple of taps with the jack hammer would have broken it free, but there was no time. I asked if Archadeck would cover the cost of the footing they ended up jack hammering the hole for. I pointed out that they didn’t allow enough time to properly cut the concrete and the deck really should have been removed prior to install. The answer was no, I had to pay the charges for all the additional footings. Lesson learned: Get a quote from Archadeck in advance on manual footing install cost. That way you know up front what they will charge you per “missed” helical pile. If you have a second floor deck, insist they remove the deck prior to the footing install. If you have a concrete patio, insist they cut the concrete in advance. Get all this in writing. Archadeck demolished the deck on 7/20, it took Eddie about 3 hours to take it down. A mini excavator was brought in, more concrete was cut and the footings were installed. Ed started construction on 7/27. The wrong color hand rail was delivered, it was black, it was supposed to be white. I let Archadeck know, but my wife and I decided black was fine. At the pre-construction meeting it was noted that the 30’ 1” length would be tight and to pay attention to the electrical outlet. This was noted on the Archadeck site map and I was assured they would make sure the railing post would not interfere with the outlet. No one told Eddie. I noticed the ledger seemed too short and Eddie quickly measured and said the ledger length was right, but the post would be too close. I notified Archadeck and at first I was told “we have an electrician that can move it at additional cost”. I pointed out that it was noted on the site map at the pre-construction meeting. Archadeck came out, checked on it and asked Eddie to lengthen the ledger, which he promptly did. So kudos to Archadeck, they made a mistake and made it right. My concern here is if I hadn’t noticed before the joists went up, it would have been a bigger problem later on. Lesson learned: After deck design is finished, but before you sign off on it, make sure Archadeck comes back onsite and verifies the design with you. For some reason, the gate at the top of the stairs never made it into the design. Luckily I mentioned it to Eddie, because he said it could impact the placement of the posts at the top of the stairs. Leeson learned: Make sure everything is on deck design drawing. Eddie would have been done in 5 days, but he ran out of decking material, so he had to stop work on Thursday. He let Archadeck know Wednesday, and Archadeck said the decking would be here Thursday morning, but it did not arrive. There was an issue with the stair footing. Eddie noticed it was in the wrong spot. Two things were wrong, the footing was not installed in the correct location according to the drawing, and the drawing had the wrong location anyway. Eddie had to cut a new hole and dig the footing by hand. Archadeck covered the cost. The railings, all except the top rail, were delivered July 29th. I was a little concerned, since the rail kits has the white balusters. I did some checking and those were the wrong railings. Our deck uses aluminum balusters, which require different spacing, so you need to order a rail pack, not a rail kit. I confirmed with the Timbertech customer support. I let Archadeck know the wrong railings were delivered. Archadeck picked up the incorrect ones. It was a good thing I noticed. You would think Archadeck would check what is dropped off instead of leaving the customer to check. Luckily I knew what to look for. This impacted the job completion date, because Archadeck had to order correct rails, which they did on 7/30 and the rails didn’t show up until 9/16. This delay could have been mitigated if Archadeck had ordered the correct rails at the start of work on 7/1. Another thing I noticed is the gate was ordered 7/30 as well. I knew this because Jackson Lumber leaves the invoice with the material and the invoice has the order date. Lesson learned: Make sure part numbers are in writing. Verify part numbers are correct. Verify correct part numbers are actually delivered. The wrong color deck boards were delivered on July 31st. I let Archadeck know and they contacted the supplier and it was the supplier’s mistake. The correct deck boards were dropped off that afternoon August 5th Eddie was back on site and completed the decking and stairs. On August 5th, notified rails due on 8/17. August 6th, I noticed wrong post sleeves were ordered, 5.5x5.5, instead of 5x5. Since an “over the top” drink rail, requires a 5x5 sleeve. On August 12th, the correct sleeves delivered. August 13th, told rails due 8/21. 8/19 told rails due 9/15. At this point asked Archadeck to empty the trash cans and pick up the pallets worth of excess material. These were on the lawn and once I found out it would be late September before work started again I asked Archadeck to remove material so I could reseed lawn. They said they would, but they never did show up. It wasn’t until 10/4 that they finally picked everything up. On 9/16 the rails were delivered. Eddie came back to install railings on 9/26 . Eddie discovered wrong baluster connectors. Archadeck uses Deckorators aluminum balusters, not Timbertech. The Timbertech ones don’t require connectors. After some back and forth between Ed, the project manager and myself, I ended up going to Lowe’s in Woburn for the line connectors and Lowe’s in Lowell for the stair connectors. Eddie completed the deck railings, but had to come back next Saturday, 10/3 to complete the stair railing. Lesson learned: Get in writing what balusters will be installed. On 10/2 Archadeck removed one pallet of PVC boards from the lawn. When Eddie arrived on 10/3, discovered he was short 4 Timbertech universal rail kits. Jackson Lumber in Woburn had them in stock, so I went down and picked them up. Eddie and his brother completed the stair railings at around 7:30 that night. On 10/4, Archadeck removed about half the material on the lawn, and on 10/5 removed the rest.

Description of Work
Old deck removed and replaced with new deck.

10/06/2020

Frank C.

Excellent. Great ideas and knowledge.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of an existing deck.

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

09/21/2020

Maya T.

It went well! We were impressed from the beginning by Larry, the architect who worked hard to solve the problems associated with our challenging space and give us a design that met our requirements and local zoning restrictions. He was a perfectionist in the best way; he actively returned to us a few times after reflecting and finding even better ways to design the deck. Mike was our project manager who kept us in the loop. The construction was done by Don, who did a beautiful, thoughtful job. He was methodical, quality-oriented, and took his time to build us a deck that turned out to be both sturdy and beautiful. Our only quibble in the process was about time expectations. We were initially told that the project would take 3 weeks from start to finish. It turned out taking 5 weeks. It would have been helpful to know, as soon as the estimate was adjusted, so we could have reset our expectations and planned how to work with the inconvenience for an extra two weeks. According to Mike, the firm was talking about how to work with client expectations better in the future.

Description of Work
Our old, rotted back stairs were replaced with a beautiful deck

Stewart Construction

Since 2018, Stewart construction, we have been specialize in all kinds of masonry and landscaping work. There is no job too big or small we have completed a wide range of projects. Patios, stone walls, concrete, driveways, walkways, brick/block work, landscaping (routine maintenance or one time cleanups, etc.) and much more!! for whatever custom project that you have in mind, Check out all of our services offered below, click or call to schedule a free estimate today!

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    EAC Masonry & Landscaping, Inc

EAC Masonry & Landscaping sees every day as an opportunity to provide the North shore MA area with fantastic service. Our goal is to grow every day to better serve our clients.We have years of experience that make all the difference in our work! You haven't benefited from a real lawn care service until you've tried ours.Our team members work hard to make our customers happy with the final results of our labor. Beautiful walls and walkways are just a call away.

Massachusetts
    Massachusetts: Home Improvement
    03/03/2023
    Check, Financing

Design & Build Custom Decks, Screened Porches, Three Season Porches, Gazebos, Sunrooms, Additions, Front Porches, Front Entries, Pergolas, Patios, & Walkways. Deck Safety Inspections.

General Carpentry & Repair Work.