Northeast Maintenance Services

Founded 1990 • With Angi since December 2008

Owner operated. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Super Service Award Winner! We'd prefer you please call or email for more information....

gutter cleaning (147)roofing (34)roof snow removal (31)gutter repair (24)handyman (22)window cleaning (8)snow removal (6)house painting (4)chimney sweep (4)roof cleaning (3)interior painting (3)decks & porches (2)

12/03/2021

Robert B.

Great job! Called and talked to Chris (the owner). Although I was a bit out of his normal service area (he's out of Bedford MA and I'm up the road in southern NH) he agreed to do the job. I was scheduled for Dec 5th but he called on Dec 2nd and said he was in the area and could he do the job that day. Sure! And when I say "he do the job" and I mean him. His crews were all busy on other jobs but he didn't want me to wait. He came up, did the job himself on a gloomy, drizzly day. This is my first experience with his company but it won't be the last! I highly recommend him. Super nice guy.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the kind review. I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Still learning how to use the platform but it was a real pleasure meeting you. and a nice review really means a lot. Thank you so much! Hope to see you in the future so maybe I can find a better way to show my gratitude :-)

10/28/2021

Ann Marie M.

My neighbor recommended Northeast Maintenance Services to us many years ago. Chris is so personable and helpful at anytime of day or night. He takes the time to listen to your needs and goes out of his way to get the right person for the job. We have had many services done throughout the years and we have been extremely happy with all of them. We highly recommend Northeast Maintenance Services.

Description of Work
pressure washing handyman gutter repair and replacement Inside painting Roof ice removal

Category gutter repair, handyman service, pressure washing, roof snow removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! you're always one of the kindest, nicest people to work with. really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review :-) if Angie had a review of customers you would get five stars across the board😉

08/25/2021

DONNA C.

Chris, is excellent. Good attention to detail and he had a lot of patience with me when figuring where to hang the pictures. The house looks great now that it has been pressured washed. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Hanging pictures, fixing my back door, repairing bureau drawers, cleaning the gutters and pressure washing the house.

Category chimney sweep, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/15/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Not even sure it's appropriate to hear but I will anyways:-) You are always a pleasure to work for and the kind review means a lot.

02/19/2021

Susan B.

I left messages with three companies in the morning to find someone to clear ice dams from our back roof. Chris was the only one who returned my call. He asked how serious was my problem, to which I responded that we had drips, but not water pouring in. Since he had another customer that had just called with significant water leakage, he told me I would be second on his list for the day, probably late afternoon. He showed up when he said he would and explained how he would go about the job. I asked him to do a bit more than he normally would, for which he charged a slight bit more than what he quoted over the phone. He did an excellent job, was pleasant to work with, and the price was fair.

Description of Work
Clearing ice dams from our roof

Category chimney sweep, roof snow removal

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

08/09/2020

Mark C.

Chris arrived, gave a price which I accepted and he went to work. He did a nice job quickly and when finished, pointed out a hornet nest hidden in one of the roof corners.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning/inspection

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

03/27/2020

TSO YEE F.

This went as well as could be expected in difficult conditions. Chris was responsive and worked in snow, rain, and darkness to put a tarp over the missing ridge vent. He went well beyond the call of duty, and was clearly very committed to getting something in place to help prevent water damage. It was a pleasure to have him work for us.

Description of Work
Needed emergency work to cover up a ridge vent that got blown away in a wind storm.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

04/15/2019

Annie C.

We had some wind damage earlier this winter and wanted to get the repair done before it got worse. I sent some pictures of the damage to Chris, and he scheduled the work as soon as the roof was clear of ice and snow. He was able to do the job himself, and the job was done in about two hours and in a very professional manner. We've also used them for gutter cleaning. Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Soffet damage

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

02/09/2019

TIMOTHY I.

Chris responded almost immediately. He made my problem his problem, and made sure our customer was pleased with the results. She was concerned about the nasty stains turning potential home buyers off. The stains looked like truck oil had leaked onto the sidewalk.

Description of Work
I needed somebody to respond to an issue (stained pavers) for our customer before her open house.

Category pressure washing

Work Completed On 02/09/2019

Review for Northeast Maintenance Services - 4 Sherwood Dr, Bedford, MA - 37704792

12/23/2018

Bowen Z.

This is the second time (last year and this year) they performed the gutter cleaning for my house. Chris' team is very responsive and responsible to take care of the gutter cleaning. After the job is done, Chris also informed me of some potential issues of my house. He is a good man and his advice is very helpful.

Description of Work
gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 12/23/2018

10/15/2018

Manuel B.

I contacted Northeast Maintenance Services about a problem we'd been having with clogged downspouts leading to overflowing gutters and water entering my basement. The business owner Chris returned my call within a few hours of leaving a message, and wanting to have this taken care of asap, Chris offered to come out on the weekend to clean our gutters. He did a fabulous job for a fair price, removing all the debris that was causing the problems (debris that I suspect had built up during less thorough cleaning by a previous contractor). After the work, Chris pointed out a number of other issues around the home that he suggested we address, which we very much appreciated. This led to my discussing a minor roof leak we'd been experiencing, after which Chris volunteered to go up into our attic to help with diagnosing the potential source. I highly recommend Northeast Maintenance Services and we certainly plan on using them again for our gutter cleaning needs.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

07/23/2018

Carol W.

Chris matched me up with Pino, one of his employees that fit the job I needed. Pino called me and introduced himself, we sent up a time for him to come by and take a look. He arrived on time and we did a walk around my house and he let me show him the small jobs that I felt I would like to take care of. We agreed that the deck was the biggest job and he checked it out, and then explained all the things he would do to get it back to looking good. He did recommend a complete replacement of the stairs and two of the tops of the railings on the deck that were in bad shape and I agreed. The stairs were left overs from the original deck and were starting to rot and did need to be replaced. I was pleased that he didn’t try to talk me into more then I needed done. ( like I have had other people do in the past) He told me he would talk to Chris and I would be receiving a quote within a couple of days, which I did. Once I accepted, he started work about a week and a half later. The whole job took 3 days off and on, due to the hot weather and not being able to stain on certain days. He took off my old stairs, built me new beautiful ones, replaced the tops of the railings, power washed the deck and did all the staining including all the lattice around my deck. He even took the time to fix an electrical socket on the outside wall of my house that had come loose and was hanging down, as a favor to me. Pino was quite knowledgeable about his craft and was very sweet and easy to work with. He and his helper worked hard and non stop from the time they arrived till they were finished each day. I am now enjoying my deck and look forward to having Pino back to work on some other projects. I also appreciated hearing from the owner, Chris a few days later to see how I thought everything went. I would highly recommend Northeast Maintenance.

Description of Work
I have hired Northeast Maintenance to clean my gutters every fall for the past few years. I have always been extremely satisfied with the job. That is why I called the owner, Chris, when I needed some home repairs done around the house. Being a widow, I wanted someone I felt comfortable with and who I could trust to not take advantage of me. Chris is that person. I gave him a list of things I needed, starting with the repair of my back deck, as that was the biggest job. I told him I did not want a total tear down and rebuild, just some repair work to make a neglected deck look good again.

Category handyman service

06/29/2018

Tao T.

I had the gutter connections at the roof corner leaking for a while and email Northeast Maintenance. Chris came a few days later and did a wonderful job sealing the gutter and adding the missing screws. He took the picture before and after the repair and explained what was done. The gutter held up well in the following rain, NO problem. He also walked around the house with me and made recommendations for future maintenance considerations. A great experience!

Description of Work
Repair gutter leak

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

01/15/2018

Kate R.

Everything was great! We never got our gutters cleaned this fall and noticed after the most recent storm that we had issues. I messaged Northeast Maintenance Services and within days they came out to clean the gutters. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

11/16/2017

JOHN D.

They did an excellent job. The windows have never been cleaner. Chris and his crew were very detail oriented and made sure we were satisfied prior to leaving.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of our windows inside and out. Roughly 8 man hours of work.

Category window cleaning

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

10/24/2017

Andrew H.

Having used Northeast Maintenance for the past couple of years for gutter cleaning in the fall (where the job has been very well done at a fair price), I contacted Chris (the owner) about some further maintenance jobs on the outside of the house. Chris and his associate Walter came to assess the job for a quotation within a couple of days. To begin with they actually got on the roof and had a look around. Not only did this enable me to explain in some detail the issues and to get their input, it also enabled Walter and Chris to take photos and point out where there might be other work needed. This was extremely helpful and differed from many other companies that I contacted who assessed the situation from the ground (where some of the roof isn't even visible) and who came up with a list of jobs that THEY wanted to do, not the ones that I wanted them to do! A quote was then forthcoming in a couple of days that outlined the scope of the work and it was fairly priced, with Chris explaining the breakdown. Once the quote was okayed, the work was arranged within a couple of days. Everything was done per the quote and photos again taken so that I was able to see what was done. It was all completed quickly, with the minimum of fuss and no unexpected surprises - in fact the company did a couple of additional small jobs not outlined in the quote for no additional cost. I am very picky about who works on the house and I am very happy with the work that Chris and Walter did. For whatever reason, there appears to be a lack of quality companies out there willing to work with a customer. I will certainly continue to use Northeast both for gutter cleaning and for home maintenance jobs.

Description of Work
Gutters realigned and rehung, gutter leak fixed, roofing repairs

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

08/30/2017

CHARLES C.

I've used Northeast Maintenance for fall gutter cleaning for a few years now. This year, something clogged the gutters in spring. I was a little late for their normal spring cleaning schedule, but they still made it out here (just ahead of a big rainstorm) and did the job. I didn't shop around much, so I can't provide price comparison, but the price is well worth it for the work they do.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

07/21/2017

NANCY P.

Friendly Very Professional Efficient Cleaned up after Fair Price

Description of Work
Cleaning of Gutters Repaired one downspout

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

06/28/2017

Pamela L.

Went great. It wasn't a huge job (several hundred dollars) and several other handymen/carpenters I had contacted either came to review and never gave an estimate or didn't even answer my request for estimate. Chris from Northeast came gave me an estimate, stuck to the estimate and timeline, was knowledgeable about materials and made sure everything was done well. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They had cleaned my gutters in the past. I saw on their website that they do carpentry as well. I had them fix rotting wood on my front and back porches (hand railings, posts, planks).

Category decks

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

06/05/2017

Jackie B.

As always, Chris did a great job. In fact, he did such a good job that I recommended him to my 90-year-old mother. I knew he would take great care of cleaning out her dryer vent -- and while he was there, he also washed one of her picture windows that really needed cleaning. She was very pleased, as I expected, which made me very happy. One thing that I particularly appreciate is that when Chris quotes a price, it doesn't change. I've had him do several jobs at my house and that's always been the case.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

Category window cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

Review for Northeast Maintenance Services - 4 Sherwood Dr, Bedford, MA - 35176073

03/29/2017

NICK & STEPHANY U.

Chris did a great job, as always . He also takes time out to inspect the roof for any problems and makes sure the gutters do not need any work. He is very thorough in everything he does. That is what makes him better than everyone else -- he spots potential problems before they start and we are very appreciative of this extra effort on his part. Great individual, great company!! He seems to have a sixth sense about people because every one he hires go out of their way to do better than average work. Northeast Maintenance deserves an A+++++

Description of Work
Needed our gutters cleaned.

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

03/20/2017

Jane W.

Owing to the severity of the weather and backed-up jobs, Chris had to re-schedule our first appointment. He called to apologize and keep me updated. He worked hard and without a break for the full two hours, and made useful suggestions about other steps we could take to reduce the likelihood of future ice dams. He will definitely be on my list of contractors to consider in future for other projects.

Description of Work
I needed snow removing from my north-facing roof, to prevent ice dams. I called Chris Chemlen from Northeast Maintenance Services and we agreed to two hours' work (his minimum) for $300. He responded quickly to my initial voice mail message.

Category roof snow removal

Work Completed On 02/14/2017

11/05/2016

Lian L.

Very satisfied. It is the peak time for gutter work, Chris responded to my inquiry on the same day, asked me to get photos of the damaged area. Then he managed to come after a long day of work to inspect. It was already dark, he put on lamps and took photos and even video on the to show me root cause and what to be done.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 11/05/2016

10/25/2016

Alex W.

Excellent! He even worked after dark to complete the job. He's going to do window cleaning for us next and I am looking to have him do painting on the outside trim of the house. Can't compliment him enough. Highly recommend. :)

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and repair flashing on gutters 3 stories up

Category chimney sweep, gutter repair