Superior Heating & Air Cond

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2010

Heating and Air Conditioning company that offers service, repairs, replacement, preventative maintenance and free estimates. Accepts all major credit cards, check or cash and financing is available through Wells Fargo Financial. Additional address - PO Box 1568 Richmond, KY 40476....

Air Control

30 Employees. Family owned and operated for over 45 years.

Offers by Air Control on Angi
Kentucky Clean Air

Many contaminants such as mold, mildew, pollen, and animal dander circulate through central air systems which can aggravate symptoms of those with asthma or allergies. Lint traps don't catch all the lint. The lint that gets through to your dryer vent is a fire hazard and should be routinely cleaned. Please call to schedule and check out our website by viewing www.kentuckycleanair.com

Engineered Heating and Air

Engineered Heating and Air has won the Angie's List Super Service Award 8 years in a row! We take a technical approach to solve air conditioning and heating issues. With a licensed professional engineer as the owner, each home or commercial office building gets a scientific load calculation to ensure the correct size, fit, and application. Based on our client's goals, the most efficient air conditioning and heating combination is selected to accommodate both budget and performance desired.

07/12/2017

Our A/C unit was not functioning properly in the heat of the summer (mid-July). I called Superior Heating and A/C with the expectation it would likely require a few days before they could send someone out to assess the unit. A very friendly woman answered the phone - it was a surprise and delight to have an actual person answer the phone rather than a computer system! She asked me a few questions ...

Description of Work
Needed maintenance on an A/C unit that was no longer working.

11/17/2015

When we needed to replace our heat pump system we checked Angies List for vendors in our area. We got quotes from three vendors and the lowest quote was from Superior Heat and Air. Their rating was very good so we chose them for the job. Gary, the owner, came to talk to us and was extremely professional, knowledgeable and very nice. He walked us through the options with NO pressure for a sale and ...

Description of Work
Replaced old heat pump system with new split heat pump system and added a new intake vent in the bedroom.

08/16/2014

From start to finish was very satisfied with this provider. Service call. Far less expensive than other service calls and the tech not only tested and found the problem with our unit (bad coil) but did also make a few small corrections to electrical concerns on the spot without additional charge. Needed to purchase a new unit - this was also the recommendation from two other providers I had evalua...

Description of Work
Engaged to evaluate problems with current upstairs (2 ton) unit. Determined it was bad coil and would cost 2K to repair 8 yr old unit. Opted to purchase new unit instead of repairing.

06/03/2014

We called several HVAC contractors without results. Our back up happened on a Friday and we were told we would have to wait until the next week for service until we called Superior. Even though they were busy, they made time to come to the house and check out the A.C unit. They quickly identified that the condensate line had become clogged but completed a thorough inspection to make sure that this...

Description of Work
We had a flooded basement due to a problem with the A/C unit. The condensation line became clogged and backed up water into the basement.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [member name removed] for taking time to post a review. We try to always service our customers in a timely manner.We realize water can be a very expensive repair,if not taken care of in a timely manner. We appreciate your trust and business. Thanks,again Gary Kerns President Superior Heating and A/C,INC

04/03/2014

The guys were punctual and professional. Told me that the system was in good order despite the age of the system. They didn't try to sell me anything unnecessary and leveled the outside unit without extra charge. I bought the service agreement for one year and I am told that it is transferable to the new owners of the house. I hope this sweetens the deal for my potential home buyer.

Description of Work
Inspected and performed seasonal service on our heating and cooling systems

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you taking time out of you busy day to write a review. We really appreciate your trust and business. Thank you Gary Kerns President

12/08/2013

Repairman came out looked at the situation and sent the owner back for the estimate. Estimate was $100 more than what I actually paid. Everyone was punctual, concerned with not messing up the house, and cleaned up before leaving. Would use again.

Description of Work
Installation of gas boiler vent pipe.

12/06/2013

John determined that we had a leak in the high pressure coil and as a result, the level of freon was very low. He was very courteous and professional and we appreciated his being up front with us in determining what our options were. After some deliberation about a short term fix verses a system replacement, he measured our furnace and computed a very exceptable price to replace the HVAC system. A week later the Superior crew came out to install the system. They were all very nice and professional, arrived promptly and went about their work. About 6 hours later they completed the project. They cleaned up and swept up after themselves. We are very pleased how smoothly the whole installation went.

Description of Work
We had very little heat coming out of our furnace. We told our neighbors and friends at church about the heating problem and highly recomended Superior Heating and Air. After a phone call, John came over the next day and was able to determine the problem.

09/12/2013

I've used them since they replaced my home unit 5-8 years ago. I paid about $5,500 for the heating and air conditioning. I've had nothing but great experiences with these people. I won't use anybody else. They are very responsive to the customer's needs. They are highly responsive to emergencies. It is absolutely a super quality service. They are dedicated to their customers and their employees and the employees are dedicated to their employer.

Description of Work
I use Superior Heating & Air Conditioning for a semi-annual service every year. They come out in the fall and spring when I call to give me a respective winter and summer checkup of my system. It is 2 services a year.

04/09/2013

Under the service contract that I have with them they come out twice a year for a service inspection. I really like their customer service they are very friendly and helpful also. I am satisfied with the service. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had Superior Heating & Air Conditioning come out in Nov. for a annual service of my AC unit

04/09/2013

Superior Heating & Air Cond had to come out twice because what they did the first time didn't work and they figured it out when they came the second time. They came when they said, they were prompt and courteous and they fixed the problem so I would use them again. They seemed to know what they were doing.

Description of Work
We used Superior Heating & Air Cond when our Air-conditioner quit working and they had to replace a part.

Category heating & cooling contractor

Residential and commercial installation, repair and replacements heating, HVAC, air conditioner & duct cleaning.

Install in new construction.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa