Color Craft Painting LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2010

2517 Valley Vista Rd

Louisville, KY 40205

Color Craft Painting, winner of Angie's List Super Service Award for 5 years in a row including 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 was founded in 2001 and provides residential painting services to homeowners throughout the Louisville Metro Area. We strive to bring each customer the highest quality

09/29/2020

Thomas K.

They did a great job and they are outstanding.

Description of Work
They did an interior painting.

Category interior painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. Hope you are well!

05/23/2020

Jenny M.

The owner was highly responsive, helpful and work was well done for a reasonable cost. Would absolutely use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Deck refinishing and exterior painting

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

11/06/2019

Connie G.

Contacted owner of company 10/20/19 via e-mail regarding the following issues: Wood rot repair on bottom of door jambs and brick molding: Was not done to our satisfaction. The repairs stand out like a sore thumb, do not match the existing woodwork in some areas, are rough and show through the final paint job. He missed some rotten areas and left some replacements rough/not matching the size of the existing woodwork and had to be called back twice due to that. The second time we asked him to come back, he has procrastinated his return for over two weeks now, even when the weather was very suitable to finish this job. Priming/Painting: 1) The doors were not cleaned prior to priming and painting. Based on their video provided to us via e-mail, that was supposed to be part of the job. We have little chunks/unevenness under the new paint here and there (some probably from dirt and plant residue from the previous rain storm that was not cleaned off). 2) The doors were not sanded/smoothed in preparation for a good paint job. Considering that rotten wood was replaced and was still rough and uneven in some areas, the painter should have noticed and remedied it. Instead of that, he just blamed it on the wood repair guy (recommended by their company) and said he would leave the paint so we could go over any further adjustments he would have to make to the wood rot repair. No offer to return, when their wood repair guy has finally completed the work to our satisfaction and touch up the paint as needed. To date, we have not received a response from the owner, Matt. We contacted him over 2 weeks ago. Due to the above, we are not impressed with their work and customer service/follow-up and would not recommend hiring them.

Description of Work
Wood Rot Repair and Priming/Painting of Exterior Doors

Category house painters

This customer never called me to let me know of any problems. They say that they emailed me, but I haven't seen the email. I normally talk to people on the phone. I'm not saying that an email wasn't sent, but it could be in my junk file. Again, they never picked up the phone to communicate with me on this. All of the complaint seems to be about the aesthetic look of the wood repair, but they did not hire me to do the wood repair. Another contractor was hired to do that, and he doesn't work for me. Again...my company did not do the wood repair that they are complaining about. In terms of washing the doors, we cannot power wash doors which is what they are referring to. We have to wipe them down by hand, which I was told took place. If you power wash doors, then water can get into the house if it isn't sealed properly. If there is a "chunk" here and there under the paint as they described, it is 100% normal on the exterior of a house. All areas cannot be perfectly smooth on the outside surface. It's the nature of exterior painting. Everything cannot look like a brand new surface when completed unfortunately. I will attempt to CALL THE PEOPLE on the phone to rectify this to take care of a couple of small chunks that they mentioned, but they will need to talk with the wood repair person that they hired to deal with any of those issues. We have 128 A reviews on Angie's List, but we can't respond to people who don't call us on the phone to discuss these matters. Sounds like a lack of communication which I will try to correct.

08/30/2019

Anne R.

We called Color Craft after seeing other great work they did in our neighborhood - only positive reviews from the neighbors! From start to finish, the crew and Matt were professional and accessible - always willing to answer questions and provide explanation of the process. They even make recommendations to help you stay within your budget. The crew was extremely punctual and kind. And, of course, the quality of the work was outstanding! I can’t thank Color Craft enough for helping us brighten up our 115 year old home. It’s a scary process to change the exterior look of your home, but Matt and his team made the experience much more comfortable. I trust them completely! I’m looking forward to working with them again soon when we paint some interior rooms.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Thanks for your business and the kind words. Your house looks great!

07/29/2019

Betty H.

Everything went well. A few minor spots missed and some repair missed in original estimate but all was taken care of. Matt was great to work with and responded to questions timely. Would use this company again.

Description of Work
Replaced damaged wood and painted exterior including trim, garage door, gutters and shutters

Category house painters

Thanks for your business! Your house looks terrific.

06/20/2019

James S.

It went very well and they even came back out and fixed a couple touch ups that needed to be done.

Description of Work
Had the exterior and trim of our house painted.

Category house painters

Thanks for your business [Member Name Removed]. Your house looks fantastic!

05/08/2019

William N.

Owner was extremely unprofessional, unethical and had a complete lack of respect for our property. He knows all of the problems that went on during our project, and neglected to respond to my emails outlining the issues. He was not on site with his workers, which lead to poor workmanship and damage to our home. He clearly does not care. He spends his time running around giving quotes to potential customers instead of supervising the jobs he currently has guys working on. Several of his workers even told me that he always tells them that he is going to stop by, but rarely does. He charges for additional areas that his guys paint by mistake, even though these areas are very clearly not specified in the quote. I found him to be unethical, dishonest and explosive, yelling at me when I became upset that his workers trashed my home. He said it did not matter because “it was an empty house”. He knows exactly what I am referring to but will probably go on this website and argue with me just like he has in the past with other customers who have not been happy with his work. If you want a respectful contractor who takes pride in his work and values you as a customer and treats your home with respect, this is not the person you want to hire. I just wish I had seen the negative reviews on here before hiring him. We spent days repairing the damage and cleaning the mess they left in our home.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

We have 131 reviews on Angie’s List. 124 are A reviews. That’s 95% A’s. 9.5 out of 10 people gave us the highest review that you can get. I returned every call and email that she made to me. I was on the job every day. She did not live there, and was not there 90% of the time. There was no damage to her home.. Why would she pay me the full price when the job was complete if there was damage? It doesn’t make sense. I never ONCE blew up at her. We wiped off counter tops, vacuumed carpets, swept floors, and mopped up places before the job was complete. She claims that we trashed her house, but that is just not true?? I THOROUGLY inspected the work and her home during and after the job was complete. I was OVERLY picky on what I made my guys go back and touch up for her. I honestly had a list that was 3 pages long of incredibly small things that THE most particular person may pick out. Not because the painters did a bad job, but because I knew the level of absolute perfection that this lady was looking for. My guy spent 4 hours going through every detail of the job trying his hardest to make everything perfect at my direction before she came to inspect the job. After all of that effort she came in and picked out approximately 50 MORE PLACES??? THE MAJORITY OF WHAT SHE POINTED OUT WAS TRIM THAT SHE DID NOT EVEN PAY TO HAVE US PAINT. Now she calls me dishonest and unethical. I just had my guy do whatever she asked. I thought that we could spend 3 or 4 hours trying to make her happy and be done with the project. But even after doing all of that she still complained. My guy did everything that she asked, no matter how small, to try and please her. There are some people that you just can’t please. As a professional in this field with over 25 years experience, and a strong record of third party verification from Angie’s List member (95% A reviews), I am telling you that the we did a good job on what she actually paid for and I tried my absolute best to make her happy with the job.

05/07/2019

Theresa R.

It went fantastic! Matt came out to give us an estimate on complete exterior painting. We got estimates from three different companies. Color Craft’s price was the lowest. They did a super-great job. The painters we’re wonderful, and also so skilled at what they do. We were so happy that we called Color Craft again to come and do our interior painting. Same results!!! We were very happy. Color Craft is coming back next week to stain 2 new decks for us. They do fine work. We love George and his crew! Looking forward to seeing them again!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior house painting

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for hiring us again for your painting. Your deck looks great and I'm glad that you are happy with the results.

04/05/2019

Andrea R.

Matt and his team were great. When getting estimates, he was the only one to sit down with me and explain the whole process. His team were professional and efficient. They kept me informed of what was going on and asked questions as needed. Matt was also available and responsive to my questions and inquiries. Would highly recommend. The house looks fantastic!

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painting

Category house painters

Thank you for your business! Your house looks amazing.

01/17/2019

Penny L.

Matt and his team are professional, courteous, and friendly. They arrived on time, finished on time, and cleaned everything up beautifully. Very efficient and the second time I have used him. There will be a third in the future when my next painting job is due!

Description of Work
Some patch work, painting rooms, including ceilings and baseboards

Category house painters, interior painters

Thanks for calling us again for your painting project. Repeat customers are so important in this business, and I appreciate you hiring us again for the job.

11/07/2018

CAROLINE H.

I hired him to paint my exterior trim and do some interior work. I called with a question after giving him my deposit and he took almost a week to respond. Then he sent guys out to do start the work at around 5PM without notifying me in advance. I had invited a friend for dinner and we had to endure the sounds of them pressure washing my home while trying to have dinner. He also put up a sign in my yard advertising his business without my permission. the next day, again without warning, he sent workers over in the early morning hours and I saw them peering in my windows when I walked downstairs to make breakfast not full dressed because I wasn't aware they were there. I called him to express my dissatisfaction and he said he would start another job since I wasn't satisfied. He then refused to refund my full deposit. Also, his workers left my side gate wide open both times they were there. Overall, I was offended by the utter lack of professionalism and basic courtesy shown on his part, and I would not recommend this person to anyone.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

First of all...The accounts of what happened here are totally inaccurate. I would encourage anyone reading this to visit my over 120 A reviews to get a sense of the service that we provide. I have documentation in writing showing the customers agreement to let us pressure wash on the day in question. I have documentation showing in writing the customers agreement for my team to start on the day that they arrived. I have documentation in writing showing that I fully agreed to give her the full deposit back. I have documentation showing the actual checks and dates that I, in fact, returned her deposit and proof that she actually cashed the checks. All of this is a response to the false allegations made above about me and my company. We have a strong record of very good customer service with Angie List Members. Again, please refer to our prior record with customers to get a long term view of our customers experiences. We have won the Angie's List Super Service Award for 5 consecutive years, and will continue to strive to bring our customers this level of service. We have more A reviews for exterior painting in Louisville than any other contractor on Angie's List, and have a strong track record of being a good company. The above allegations simply are inaccurate. Please read further to learn about my account of the situation if you care to. 1. In response to the accusation of starting a job at 5pm with no advance warning: I have several text messages as proof of my account of me asking permission to pressure wash the customers house on the day in question, then letting her know that we would start the following day on the prep work AND A WRITTEN RESPONSE OF HER AGREEING TO LET US DO SO. When my team arrived in the late afternoon to wash (which she agreed to in advance) her water was turned off from the inside. We communicated about the issue, and I told her that if we couldn't get it on that day we would have to come by the following day to wash. She text me approximately 25 minutes later (I have documentation) and said, " I got it on. You should be good to go." I sent my guys back over to wash assuming that "You should be good to go" meant that it was OK to proceed with the original plan. If she didn't want them there after 5pm on the exterior it was never communicated to me. A simple misunderstanding. 2. Accusation of sending team over in morning at early hours without notification: My team arrived at 8am the following day which is normal start time. Again, I have written documentation of text messages telling the customer that we would start that day on prep work as well as a WRITTEN MESSAGE OF HER AGREEING TO THAT. She was upset because apparently I didn't tell her what time we would be there, but that is a perfectly reasonable start time and I was never asked what time we would arrived so I assumed that it was OK to start in the morning. Keep in mind that we were working on the outside of the house and did not need to have access to the inside at all. I have literally never had someone upset with us starting at 8am in the morning. Most people are happy to actually have contractors show up at a reasonable time to start the work. After several minutes of her "letting me have it", I tried to apologize for not communicating on the level that she needed. I called back a few minutes later to try and communicate a need for the crew to have running water (which she had turned off again), and she blew up and starting raising her voice at me telling me not to comment on her emotions, etc. I told her that she was obviously upset and I would just have the guys work on something else that day. I wasn't sure how to handle this so I was trying to defuse a strange situation. Honestly didn't know what else to do. 3. In response to me refusing to return her deposit in full. This accusation is 100% false. I have written documentation proving that I fully agreed to return her deposit, and bank statements proving that she received her deposit back in full. My account of this issue is that minutes after our last conversation I received a text message from her requesting her deposit back essentially firing us from the job. I have in writing my full agreement to refund the deposit. Again, I have proof of this account via text message where I fully agreed to refund her deposit. No questions asked. I refunded what I thought was the full amount based on the number on my contract WITHIN ONE HOUR OF HER REQUEST. She text me (wouldn't call me) to let me know that I didn't refund her full amount. I called her within 20 seconds of receiving this message telling her that I wasn't sure why the amount was wrong, but that I would absolutely look into it and see if I had refunded the correct amount. I told her that I absolutely did not want her money. So the accusation that I "refused" to return her deposit is totally inaccurate. Turns out, there was a small second deposit on an interior project (different contract), that I had yet to give her which will be refunded within 24 hours of her request. I just returned the exterior deposit not thinking of the interior portion that was a separate project. I have written documentation of proof of my account via text messages and phone records. This is honestly the most unreasonable customer experience that I have ever had in over 16 years of business. There are two sides to every story, but that is my factual account of what happened. To recap: I have documentation showing in writing showing customer agreement to pressure wash on the day in question. I have documentation showing in writing customer agreement for my team to start on the day that they arrived. I have documentation showing that I fully agreed to give her the full deposit back. I have documentation showing the actual checks and dates that I, in fact, returned her deposit. All of this is a response to the false allegations made above about me and my company.

10/29/2018

Ingrid D.

Everyone I came in contact with were helpful, courteous, and they cleaned up each day they were there. The crew worked from sun up to sun down. I would definitely use them again. They also stayed true to their quote. No added hidden costs. Let me know upfront what was fixable by them, and what they couldn’t do they recommend a woodworker who I will also use again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting on a wood and stucco home.

Category house painters

Thanks for your business! The interior and exterior of your house turned out really nice. I'm glad to be of service to you!

09/21/2018

Lee B.

The work was quoted at a competitive price, scheduled in a timely fashion, and the work was performed as quoted with a high level of attention to detail. The crew was friendly and professional. The finished work looks fantastic. We are delighted with the work and I highly recommend this company to anyone in need of home painting.

Description of Work
I needed some trim, doors, windows, and foundation painted on my house.

10/30/2017

Bob A.

very good job. will review after winter

Description of Work
deck painting

Category deck cleaning, house painters

11/05/2016

Eric J.

It went well. They did what they agreed to do, did a good job, and finished promptly. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
power washed stucco, primed and painted stucco, primed and painted exterior entry way

Category pressure washing, house painters

11/01/2016

Laura H.

Everything went very well, from the initial evaluation and estimate through the final payment when the work was done. We have 23 windows, an attached 2 car garage and 2 exterior door units. We also have 2 large sided front dormers and a sided full back dormer. They took extra precautions to protect vehicles, patio furniture, etc. from drift when spray painting. They were pro-active in pointing out wood repair that needed to be taken care of (different company did the work) rather than just paint and cover it up. Gave close attention to detail. The entire crew was very nice to work with and we found that they all had a great work ethic. Our house looks really terrific now! Thank you Color Craft!

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house; trim, gutters and some siding. (House is mostly brick.)

10/29/2016

Linda M.

It was excellent. They showed up consistently at same time each time. No drops of paint. Very thorough in prepping their work. It looks fantastic. I would definitely work with them again. Really appreciated the woodworking on the front and patio. They went above and beyond with their attention to detail.

Description of Work
I hired Color Craft Painting for some woodwork on our patio. They also did trim woodwork. Also painted exterior of home.

Category woodworking, house painters

08/27/2016

Decca E.

Beautiful. They were very professional and nice. They cleaned everything before beginning the work. Did a very nice job. Quick and reasonable in pricing also.

Description of Work
Clean and paint hardy plank and paint shutters.

07/15/2016

Eric L.

Matt and his crew are responsive and perform high quality work. 2nd time using them and will continue to do so in future. He also has a reliable contact to do wood soffit and trim repair.

Description of Work
Paint/caulk soffits, gutters, Windows, facia

06/28/2016

M A.

We were provided with a written estimate and timeline, that included pricing options. The responsive communications throughout the project were impeccable. Matt kept us involved in decisions and sample tests, and made it a very stress-free and enjoyable experience. We give Matt a 5-Star rating out of 5.

Description of Work
Matt and his team did a fantastic job. Our front door had severe sun and weather damage that he completely restored to its original condition. We could not be more pleased with the quality and professional workmanship of this difficult undertaking. In addition, Color Craft also repaired hail damage, replaced wood siding as need, and beautifully matched existing paint on the side of the house and stain on the porch and deck. We would highly recommend them.

06/12/2016

Erin T.

Matt was great to work with. His crew did a fantastic job with great attention to the detail. Would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
Painted exterior aluminum siding and foundation

05/03/2016

Laura A.

The Color Craft team (4-5 people each day) always arrived on time. Important to the quality of paint job was the prep work they did. They did a thorough job of prepping - scraping, cleaning by hand and with a power washer and, of course, caulking. A good prep job is crucial to getting good painting results. It should be noted that Color Craft painted our home 9 years ago. A neighbor referred us to Color Craft back then. Over the years, quite a few neighbors have used Color Craft.

Description of Work
All exterior wood was painted: trim,gutters. downspouts, soffits, fascia,window frames/sills, the front door & covered porch w/column, the double garage door, two other doors and one set of shutters.

04/01/2016

Angela A.

Everything went smoothly and price was reasonable. Matt was very professional along with his crew that were here daily and did a large job in a very timely manner. Finished job looks great and we are pleased! Will definitely use them in the future for paint jobs.

Description of Work
Exterior paint job on large home including all windows, doors, patio, pillars, and gutters.

Category pressure washing, house painters

01/06/2016

Charles L.

Came when they said they would & did what they said they would. Friendly & focused on the work.

Description of Work
Cleaned exterior front window boxes, primed, caulked & painted. Primed master bedroom ceiling, caulked & painted.

Category house painters, interior painters

12/14/2015

Anthony O.

Great! They did a great job, cleaned up, and moved furniture. I'd recommend them.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for interior painting.

Category interior painters