We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Aire Serv of Lexington

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2010

2333 Alexandria Dr.

Lexington, KY 40504

We provide practical, whole home heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality solutions. We offer multiple types of financing including acceptance of Home Depot Credit cards and long term financing....

12/16/2019

Leah R.

Technician called to try to cancel my appointment 30 minutes before scheduled. Ended up coming, and told me everything was fixed. The next morning I called back because the issue was clearly not fixed. The office informed me that I would have to pay another $90 for the technician to come back to my house even though he clearly missed something the first time. Complete waste of my time and money. Will not be paying them to come back out.

Description of Work
Furnace/heat inspection. Heat was not keeping up with what the thermostat was set to.

07/14/2018

marla D.

I wanted second opinion, so hired them to take a look. They retuned my call and were at our house within 40 minutes. They found the breaker to have been turned off, (no overload). The A/C has been running perfectly since. Very nice people and HONEST. We did not need new unit!

Description of Work
A/C not working. Another big name company came out and told us we needed new unit at over $5,000

09/20/2016

Carla P.

It went wonderful. They did a good job. they are coming back to repair my unit.

Description of Work
Diagnostic on Air Conditioning Unit

12/28/2015

Wes B.

10/22/2015

Tim W.

02/25/2015

thomas D.

Description of Work
A technician inspected our furnace for a home owner's warranty company. When he arrived he complained about how he hated working for the warranty company and said that I should have gotten an inspection on our hvac before buying our house 4 months earlier (we had a quick turnaround and were unable to). In reporting our unit to the warranty company, he used my assumptions of the unit to report the age of the unit which he told me he couldn't confirm. The warranty company denied my claim and we had to buy a new unit out of pocket. Although their quoted price was the lowest of all providers for a Trade, we went with another provider who provided much better customer service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I apologize for our technicians attitude regarding warranty companies. We encourage them to keep their negative opinions to themselves. I'm sure you can understand his attitude though, as in your case, the Home warranty company puts us in an uncomfortable situation. According to our records, your unit was estimated to be 27 years old. We could not verify this as the name plate was not legible. Following the warranty companies protocol (that's who we were representing when we were in your home) we reported exactly what we found. I understand that this report resulted in a denial of your claim, but our only other choice would have been to mislead or lie to the warranty company. Our policy is to tell the truth to all parties concerned. Even when the truth gets us a bad review, such as yours, we believe it is the right thing to do. Just for information purposes, Home Warranty Companies are one of, if not the most, complained about industries on Angie's list and the BBB. Due to this fact, every year we reduce the amount of warranty company calls we agree to run. We appreciate your comments as it causes us to reflect on our business partners

12/30/2013

Bryan C.

After not having heat all weekend I called them asking for a service call. The dispatcher said she had someone who could come the same morning in just a few hours. He was an hour later than she said but apologized and said he had trouble with his last call. I was still happy he showed up the same day I called. He was very professional and efficient. Only took him 10 minutes to figure out my problem and another 15 to fix it. He even showed me how to program my new thermostat. Very pleased with his work and will go through them again if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Aire Serv of Lake Cumberland.

07/17/2013

Greg L.

I set up an appointment for July 3 to get an estimate on a new HVAC system installed in my house. I received a call from the technician around the time of the appt. His first question to me was how much I was looking to spend, because he could tell me right away if I was thinking about it being in the ballpark or not (I later learned that he had wasted his time with a guy trying to get a low-ball price for his houseboat). I told him that I wanted a professional opinion on my options because my house had electric wall heaters and window A/C units. He showed up and looked at the house and kept telling me it would be between this and that price, but that he didn't do the pricing with this company and that would have to come from his boss. At one point he supposedly got in touch with his boss and he gave me a verbal price just for the new vents that I would need. So we waited and waited and after a while I asked him to give his boss a call. He did but his boss didn't answer. So we waited and waited and finally I suggested that he call me later that day with a price since we both had things to do. He agreed, but first wrote out an estimate with my name, address etc but no price. He told me that would be proof that he showed up so he could get paid. He left, and I never heard back from him or the company. After a week, on July 10, I sent an email to the company via Angie's List explaining the situation. But again after another week, I never heard back from the company.

Description of Work
A technician showed up to give me a quote. He left me with a written estimate that had no pricing, promising to call me when his boss worked up the price. I never received a call back.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

My apologies for your experience. We have just taken over the management of Aire Serv of Lake Cumberland as of June 1, 2013. This transition took place very quickly, and left us little time for planning and implementation of procedures. It was just earlier this week, that we located and were able to get access to the Angie's List account for this market. The technician you dealt with is also in transition from one employer to another, and again, due to the compressed time frame has not been fully trained in his new employers procedures and pricing methods. I agree this is no excuse for your customer service experience, but I hope you would understand that this is NOT our typical operation. I will contact you personally to see if there might be a more pleasant resolution to your issues.

07/01/2013

Pamela E.

Called Aire Serve since our air had mysteriously quit working in the middle of the afternoon, we had called several other companies and they were all no shows, Aire Serve was at my home within 45 minutes of my initial call, looked over our system and found the problem and had us up and running in no time at all! We are very happy with the service that Bo Taylor provided for us, very courtious and understanding of our needs, even sat down after the work was done and chatted with us, such personal service and really enjoyed his candor. Our problem was not a huge one, and took Bo just a few minutes to fix. Thank you Aire Serve, for being there when we needed you!

Description of Work
Air Conditioner diagnosis and repair

05/12/2013

Peter E.

I called Aire Serv of Lake Cumberland to get a price for a new heat pump. I had gotten 2 other estimates before. Chris came out and took his time to check out my old heating system and we talked about the different options he could offer me. He gave me estimates for 3 different systems and I told him that we (my wife and I) would talk about it and let him know soon which option we would go with. We decided to go with the 15 SEER unit. Chris had told me that he would be going out of town for a few days and could probably start the work on next Wednesday. He said it might take a day and a half to do the work. He called me when he returned and we decided to start on Thursday instead. He said they would be here around 8:30 AM and they were here at that time. The work was done very professionally. They had to modify quite a few things to get the indoor unit installed correctly. Outside the cooling lines and the electric lines were in a state of disarray and they really worked hard to get them run neatly into the unit. Everything looks very nice plus they got the work done in one day. They carried all the old parts off and all in all it was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
replaced the heat pump - both indoor and outdoor units. They had to make modifications to the electric hookup inside and straightened out the electric lines and the tubing outside which were quite a mess.

04/22/2013

Bruce H.

Easy to contact, schedule, and very puntual. I have used Air Serve on 3 occasions and this has always been the case.

Description of Work
Inspected A/C unit and found a blown capacitor. Had the replacement parts in the truck and I was back up and running within 20 min. While Mr. King was there he also checked coolent levels and found one unit to be boarderline. No pressure to try and repair, just explained how the unit would start to behave if it were low on coolent and to call if that happneded.

12/27/2012

James F.

Found deal on Angie's List and paid for it. Company contacted me for an appointment. We scheduled, their technician arrived at the appointed time. The technician a detailed inspection of HVAC system. Recommended extra preventative maintenance parts replacement. Technician was very professional during the visit.

Description of Work
Very happy with the service provided.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. We always do our best to provide top quality service to all of our customers. We appreciate your decisions to let us be your comfort company and look forward to assisting you in the future.

12/12/2012

David H.

Tech did a great job of cleaning and testing the equipment. However, a piece of equipment that was tested was found to be faulty about a month later. Though I had to pay for the service call and to have the part replaced the tech refunded the price of the inspection and discounted the part cost. This said I think the first tech DID do his job and WELL but the part just failed. I was impressed that the company stood behind their "your heating/cooling system will run well after tune up guarantee". Additionally, both times techs came to the house they were profession and courteous and explained everything they were doing and answered all questions knowledgeably. It was great to interact with true HVAC Professionals.

Description of Work
Tech did a great job of cleaning and testing the equipment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for the review. We do our best to provide top quality service and operate above the line by exceeding your expectations and standing behind all of our guarantees. We greatly appreciate that you allow us to be your comfort company.

07/23/2012

Deborah R.

Mr. King examined my outside unit and found a wire on the unit had melted, causing the entire unit to shut down. He repaired the problem, and explained in detail what had happened and how he repaired it.

Description of Work
After being away for the weekend, I came home to a hot house, with the AC not working. I immediately called AireServe as I have used Chris King's services before. Mr. King showed up on Monday morning. Mr. King has always gotten to the root of the problem, and instead of giving a 'patch up' , he actually fixes what is wrong with the unit. I would highly recommend his work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your kind words! At Aire Serv of Lake Cumberland our gaol is to provide a comforting experiance starting with first contact, exceeding expectations during service, and peace of mind for the future. Thank you so much for allowing us to meet your comfort needs! Chris King

07/04/2012

Diana S.

Our air conditioning went out on us in one of the Hottest weeks in history.We had contacted Aire Serv to come and hopefully fix our unit.Chris wouldn't be unable to get out to us until about 7:00pm. Instead of waiting , We tried another company that could be out sooneras It had been 98*!That was a mistake. We were told by the other company that we would need a new unitthat would cost around 2-$3,000 . Chris had called me back and I explained to him what had happend, He offerd to give us a second opinion- For Free, So we agreed . Boy are we glad we did.After a little testing ect Chris was able to fix our unit and get us upand running again for a WHOLE lot less Money. After the sticker shock from the other company , we gladly purchased a service plan also. He did a great job! WE will certainly be calling Aire Serv again.

Description of Work
Chris King is very professional in all aspects of his work. We were told by another Company that we would have to replace ourentire Ac unit and heat pump.Chris came out on the 4th of July in 100* heat and he fixed our unit for $350.00 !! This price includes a 1 yr service contract also!We highly recommend him and his company. VERY knowledgeable, Honest , Hard working and RELIABLE!!

06/28/2012

Annette C.

the gentleman arrived early as he had a cancelation so asked if we would like to be serviced on Sat instead of Mon we stated that would be ok he arrived introduced himself and was very nice explained everything as he went and gave us an estimate as to how much it would cost barring any surprises not known to him yet but if something did come up he would let us know before he did the work so we could decide he checked the heat pump first and fixed that then went to the air handler and did a complete cleaning all servicing on this took about 1 1/2 hrs when done all this he then checked the pressure?? in the refrigerant (it was overcharged) so he balanced it out and made sure all the vents were working properly before he went out to do the invoice which I thought it would be about 375-400 as he did quite a few things extra for us all costs were total 299.60 we gave him 300.00 and called it good and we have NO issues with the unit since he fixed it it has been working beautifully (today outside 101 degrees and inside I have it set for 70 degrees and it is 70 degrees inside no problem it is a godsend to have central air at this time of the year I would recommend Chris anytime any day he was absolutely wonderful and very informative as well as he told us about the maintenance plan $180.00 for a year and he cleans twice a year and checks the unit for repairs plus discount on repairs and stuff I was VERY satisfied with his service and with his work ethics

Description of Work
repaired the heat pump(needed an electric component $140.00) and cleaned the coils in the air handler which he mentioned looked like it had never been cleaned since installed (2004) and was missing a filter it was horrendous so he did a complete cleaning on the unit (normally $150.00) and explained to us how to maintain the airflow as we have never had central air before and we had to keep the airflow going to get maximum cooling

05/31/2012

Judy S.

Overall the experience was great!

Description of Work
Chris was very professional. He explained everything in detail and presented all the options. He was a little late in getting back to do the job. It was worth the wait though, because I had had several other HVAC people out who put a "bandaid" on the problem and it kept coming back. Chris located the problem and fixed it. It's working great since he worked on it. My system is old, I know it won't last forever, so it's good to know that Chris will be around when I have to buy a new unit. Thanks, Chris King!

03/21/2012

Danny B.

They are prompt, professional, and explain everything before they start the project. They are a pleasure to deal with, and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced the motor in my main air conditioner unit.

03/15/2012

Gerald C.

They were awesome and top notch. The guy was personable and did everything he could to make it a good service.

Description of Work
They repaired my air conditioner.

09/29/2011

Juanita H.

My air conditioning had quit on a hot Sunday morning. I had a friend that had recommended that I call Chris King, Aire Serve of Lake Cumberland. I was worried about it being Sunday and there being an extra fee. I called anyway and to my surprise there was no extra cost for the weekend. I spoke with a very friendly and professional receptionist who informed me that she could have a tech to my home between 1pm & 3pm. At approximately 1:pm Chris King called stating that he was on his way to my home. By 1:30pm Mr. King was there at my front door with a big smile thanking me for the call and asking if he could come in to see what the problem might be. Before Mr. King came into my home he placed red shoe covers on his feet despite me telling him not to bother. Mr. King asked some questions about how my air was working before it quit. Mr. King then spent some time looking over my inside unit and then the outside before coming back to inform me what he had found. Mr. King informed me that due to my inside unit being dirty and not draining properly it had gotten water down in the electrical components causing my transformer to blow. Of course this was concerning to me because I am thinking this could have caused a fire. Mr. King informed me that he could change the transformer today and insure the drain is working to get me back up and going today, but the system was in need of a good cleaning. Mr. King informed me that his company offers a program called an advantage plan where a tech would come in twice a year and do a complete cleaning & check of my entire system. Mr. King went on to say that my cost today for changing the transformer & cleaning out the drain was going to be $200.00. The advantage plan that would have prevented my problems today is $180.00, the advantage plan also puts me at the top of the list when I am in need of service. Of course I said sign me up! My experience with Aire Serv of Lake Cumberland was a great and professional one. I plan on being a long term customer who would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
The reason for needing Aire Serv Heating & Air of Lake Cumberland's services was because I had a blown transformer. Not only did Chris King repair/replace my transformer he performed a complete inspection to insure I had no other potential problems.

09/14/2011

Wendy B.

Our A/C went out this past week, luckily it was cooler outside, my husband called after getting a referral from a co-worker. Chris advised him he would be out the next day between 10AM and noon, Chris called prior to his arrival and was at the house at 10:15AM. He took a look at the unit and advised my husband the problem and gave us an estimate. Chris left and got the new motor and came back and we were back in service in no time. He also gave us a list of a few things we could do to increase the production of our unit and the prices if we chose to do those things at another time. They also offer a program in different levels to come back on regular basis for maintainence and care of the unit, that we decided to take. Chris was very professional and courteous, we would and will recommend Chris and his company in the future.

Description of Work
Chris King came and took alook at the problem and advised that we needed a new motor for our unit. He replaced it and we were back in service in no time.

07/18/2011

Gerald C.

We called numerous companies and Aire's was the only one that could come out and check out our broken HVAC unit. Chris King was there as scheduled and walked around explaining different things it could be. He was very thorough and in explaining the issue and actually had the part in his truck (Capacitor). There is no one I will ever use other than Aire's to do work for my HVAC unit. Thanks Chris!!!

Description of Work
Replace Capacitor in HVAC unit.

06/15/2011

Sarah A.

Mr. King was extremely thorough in evaluating our system and was able to pinpoint the problem very quickly. He made us feel like we were a priority to him. He gave us a few options and had very frank advice. We really appreciated his honesty and feel that he is dedicated to serving his clients. We would definitely recommend Aire Serv!

Description of Work
Found and fixed a leak in the system.

04/03/2011

Chris K.

Mr. King put in a new HVAC system in our house after he found there may be a chance of a compressor failure during a service call. We were very pleased with his honesty and expediancy in installing the new system. He gave us options before installing a new system, but with the age of the system and the fear of the future costs of a compressor failure the new system was the best solution to our problem. Very satisfied with Chris King and Aire Serv.

Description of Work
Service call to repair frozen up coils...after extensive repairs to system found that through testing the compressor that there could be a possible failure and suggested a new system which was more than reasonable to us. He installed the new system and provided us with a service contract annually at a cost of $ 180 / year.