Heartland Foundation Repair of Kansas City LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2013

Heartland Basement Authorities, LLC is an owner operated company that offers quality foundation repair and waterproofing solutions and has over 40 years experience in construction and real estate. We hire only quality employees, providing reliable,clean and friendly service to make sure our clients get only the best and desired results...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

4.2

basement waterproofing (69)foundation repair (45)egress window (7)concrete repair (6)window replacement (3)well & water pump repair (1)epoxy flooring (1)

02/23/2021

Rick C.

Really good. Did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
foundation repair

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thanks for the opportunity to help you resolve your water intrusion issues and for your review.

02/11/2021

Rick H.

They were really good. They came out and the team was really efficient. They got the work done in 2 days.

Description of Work
They installed window egress.

Category egress windows

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

02/10/2021

Ronald R.

The work was completely successful, no issues on water sipping into our basement. The foundation reinforcement was very effective and was done successfully.

Description of Work
Foundation reinforcement work and basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/16/2014

Rick H.

First class operation. Very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair, egress windows

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Thanks so much for the review. It was a pleasure working with you to replace your 3 egress window wells.

Glynda T.

All work completed on time and area cleaned up when finished. I am well satisfied.

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

Dennis W.

Great job, well timed, courteous workmen, good cleanup. Also good follow thru with owner on insuring satisfaction.

Description of Work
Porch leveling

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

02/26/2020

Robert J.

John Coil (owner) wanted to excavate prior to telling me exactly what they were going to do, as it was not apparent from the interior the extent of the problem, or the proper steps that would be needed to cure the foundation problem(s). No other companies offered that type of analysis, rather stating rather definitively what the problem was & how they would fix it. There were wide varying estimations of what the nature of the problem might be, from all three of the companies that bid the project. Of course, there was something wrong that none of the 3 companies anticipated. Because of HBA's anticipating something unforeseen might be a problem, they properly adjusted their scope of work & fixed the unanticipated problem. Not sure if the other companies would have taken the time, or let me know there was something other what they initially thought was the problem. That type of service is almost required when fixing foundations - use HBA.

Description of Work
Water entering the basement.

Work Completed On 02/26/2020

Thanks for the opportunity to be of service and for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to work with you.

09/19/2019

John M.

They delayed starting a day to accommodate my schedule. once started the crew worked daily and diligently Monday through Saturday. The crew was polite and generally neat. creating the minimal disturbance us or neighbors. Their solution has worked well taking heavy storm waters away from the house keeping my basement dry.

Description of Work
A previously installed drainage system was backing up and dumping water in the basement through window well windows. I needed to remove the old system and install a new better drainage system plus seal and drain water away from the foundation. They sealed a corner of the foundation and added special drainage for that area and put in a yard drain to take excess water from the side yard to the front away from the house.

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks for the opportunity to be of service. It was a pleasure to work with you. Thanks for your kind and encouraging words

10/12/2018

michael F.

I had spoken w a couple of other companies in regards to this repair and was not impressed. I want to know about the job not sit through a drawn out sales pitch. Mr Coin from HBS was straight forward and down to earth. He inspected my house and pointed out a number of cracks that I had not seen. At that point I thought all would need to be addressed but Mr Coin said that there was only one area that needed to be done. He could have sold me several thousand dollars worth of work that I didn't need but he didn't! Work was done ahead of schedule and communication was great throughout the project. I would not hesitate to use this company again orvrefer to friends and family.

Description of Work
Foundation piering

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thanks for your kind words. Glad we could help

11/30/2017

YICHEN Y.

The professional performed in responsible and timely manner and the price was fair

Description of Work
basement leaking from ground

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

10/16/2016

Jake B.

From the beginning to the end of this project, everything went better than I expected. John Coil is a highly experienced professional that answered all of my questions, and went over every aspect of my job. After he came out and gave me his bid, I felt like I had found the right company to work with. He told me that the work would be started in about 2 weeks, and that was when it started. During that time, I called him twice with some questions, and both times he responded within an hour. The crew was very respectful, and completed the job in a timely manner, with very little mess. All in all, I don't think I could've done any better than Heartland Basement Authorities.

Description of Work
Jack hammered 65 ft of the perimeter of my basement floor, and installed a state of the art sump pump system. Also patched and sealed a minor foundation crack.

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

06/16/2016

Meghan H.

They were professional, quick, and neat. John was easy to reach and checked in throughout the process to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Description of Work
Heartland Basement installed a baseboard drain system, waterproofing wall material, and I-beam support columns.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

08/31/2015

Trisha C.

He arrived on time, was very professional. He explained what he thought of our foundation and what the solution would be. Sent out an estimate by email within a couple of days. Has not called or sent more than one follow up email. I know that we could get a free quote from several others but I felt it was worth it to pay a little and get a quote that didn't have any harassment attached to it! We have gotten free quotes in the past that involved much selling and harassing. I just wanted an honest opinion of the state of our foundation and I felt like that was exactly what we got!

Description of Work
Gave professional opinion of the state of our foundation and a quote for retaining wall and french drain to stop water entering basement bathroom.

Work Completed On 06/22/2015

08/11/2015

Linda J M.

“It was more of an inspection than a preventive maintenance”

Work Completed On 06/02/2015

05/17/2015

Susan C.

I went great! Wonderful company to work with.

Description of Work
Assessment for foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

04/21/2015

Mark H.

They did not honor the deal that I purchased which was $500 credit for work and they just offered me $50 as it was a big work to be done, I did not liked it and they should be clear about there deals.

Description of Work
He came for inspection and gave a quote on the work that needed to be done to fix the crack in my foundation.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 03/26/2014

04/19/2015

Paul G.

I was looking at purchasing a duplex property, but the appraiser identified significant foundation issues that needed to be addressed before the financing company would finish the mortgage. I looked on Angie's List for a provider who would evaluate the issues and provide me with a price I could give to the seller to handle. John arrived early and did a complete evaluation of the problem - over and above what the appraiser and the inspector (who was tremendous) did. He was very thorough and helpful. He walked me through where he saw all the issues and what he'd propose as a solution and why. It was interactive, as well - he asked me a few questions about my intent so he could better tailor the solution. Despite it being right on top of the Easter holiday he had me a proposal early the following week which was not only comprehensive but also reasonable in terms of price. Ultimately the seller was not willing to make the repairs (and the price of the property was not attractive enough for me to invest in them) so the transaction fell through and I did not use them for the repairs, but should the need arise again I will definitely use Heartland again.

Description of Work
John inspected the foundation issues I had and provided me with a proposal to repair them.

Work Completed On 04/03/2015

Thanks for your generous review. Our Best to you John

02/23/2015

Jeffrey K.

He did an excellent job. John is prompt, courteous, and friendly.

Description of Work
He installed a window and patched a crack in our basement.

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/20/2014

02/11/2015

Andrew M.

It went great. The team was very professional. It took a few days to complete the work but that was completely expected. Day 1 they put in temporary supports to hold the house up while the beam was replaced and brought in all supplies and completed all prep work. Day 2 and 3 they removed the twisted beam and installed a brand new beam in two sections and spliced it at the center. Day 4 they poured the footing and Day 5 done a few days later after the footing had ample time to set they installed the new support column and filled in the walls around the support beam with additional mortar, they removed all temporary supports and cleaned up thoroughly. They went above and beyond our expectations and did an excellent job. They had everything planned out to the very last detail. If I ever need any basement work done in the future they will definitely be on the top of my list.

Description of Work
Removed severely twisted structural support beam in basement and replaced with brand new beam and column with footing.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2015

10/01/2014

Sue S.

It was OK, they came out when they said they would and they went around and they told me about one area that I needed to be fixed. We walked around outside and inside.The only thing I did not like is that I did not get any thing written from them.

Description of Work
They went around and their was one area in particular that they showed me that needed to be addressed and what I needed to do about it and inside the basement we discussed about a particular area.

Work Completed On 03/11/2014

08/25/2014

James G.

It went very well. They sent 1 tech with who I was very impressed with and has followed up with me several times. They wrote up a whole itemized list of things that should be done. He was at my house for an hour and a half and emailed me his plans later. I plan on using them once I do my water prevention and restoration of my basement walls. The project will cost $18,000 and I'm breaking it up into 3 phases. I'd done a lot of work myself but I want to make sure that the water doesn't start coming back through.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $49 for a foundation inspection and preventive water infiltration plan.

Work Completed On 01/31/2014

08/21/2014

Bruce B.

The estimate was okay but we chose to go with another company. The tech was nice, however. They found that one wall of our basement has some issues. They recommended putting up some posts along the wall. They recommended a few other things that we weren't sure they were necessary.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for a foundation inspection and preventive water leakage plan.

Work Completed On 08/20/2014

08/20/2014

Deborah W.

They came out but I feel like I could have gotten the information for free. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable but I had several other companies out that did