We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing.

Broad Ripple Service Experts

Founded 1966 • With Angi since April 1996

8227 Northwest Blvd Ste 300

Indianapolis, IN 46278

In the heat of summer or cold of winter – especially in Indianapolis – AC and Furnace repairs are probably the last thing you want to be thinking about. But that won’t stop it from happening. But it’s your lucky day… Broad Ripple Heating Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is dedicated to performing expert quality AC and Furnace repair, maintenance and installation throughout Indianapolis. The last thing we want is for you to be stuck in an uncomfortable home during the hottest days of summer or coldest days of winter. Regardless of the time of day, our experts will have you basking in the comfort of your repaired AC or Furnace in no time. We’re so sure of our workmanship that we guarantee it in writing for one full year. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee firmly documents our commitment to upholding the highest level of HVAC service in in the industry. In fact, Broad Ripple Heating Service Experts repairs, sells and installs more air conditioners and furnaces than any other HVAC company in all of North America. More people trust us with their home comfort, so you know your home will be back to normal quickly. 35 employees. No subs. Charges flat rate. No travel charges. Charges a diagnostic fee. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning. Additional DBAs - Service Experts LLC, Broad Ripple Heating & Air Conditioning, Broad Ripple Heating Service Experts LLC, Service Experts of Indiana LLC, Service Experts of Indianapolis, Sylvester's Service Experts, Village Plumbing Service Experts. Additional phones - (317) 253-8300, (813) 645-6220, (888) 432-8266, (317) 781-2580. Additional websites - www.broadrippleheating.com, www.serviceexperts.com, www.villageplumbingweb.com, www.serviceexpertsofindy.com, www.sylvesters-serviceexperts.com, customercare@serviceexperts.com. Additional contact name - General Manager, Faizzy Saghir. Locally Operated....

06/13/2022

KAREN J.

They have done a really good job and I would highly recommend them. I will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They have serviced my HVAC system for years. I have hired them for plumbing work as well.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you for this review and recommendation!

12/16/2021

Sarah S.

They have great communication, they will always call when they are on their way, they are very timely, they are very knowledgeable and super friendly.

Description of Work
Check up's on my air conditioning and heating unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Happy Holidays!

11/19/2021

AMY K.

The service is very good and excellent service.

Description of Work
They replace my Air-conditioned.

Category

Thank you for taking the time to mention your satisfaction with our services!

10/26/2021

William G.

They are very excellent. They did HVAC and plumbing services for me . It's a nice company to work with. Very affordable price.

Description of Work
HVAC, plumbing

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

We appreciate your business and thank you for this great review!

09/29/2021

Anne F.

They called me the same day I booked an appointment! I believe I spoke with a Kristy? But I'm terrible with names! Regardless, absolutely wonderful in handling my request and how things would work for my appointment. Unfortunately due to personal problems, I had to cancel my appointment. However, the young woman on the phone this morning, Julia (again, terrible with names, might have been Julie? Im very sorry to both wonderful young women!)was incredibly helpful in cancelling. I will be reaching out in the future when life is back on track!

Description of Work
Estimate for new water line

07/16/2021

Penny W.

The service was fine, not so exceptional.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance service

05/07/2021

Fredric B.

They have been excellent, were very friendly, and worked very efficiently. I would highly recommend them and will hire them again.

Description of Work
They tuned up my air conditioning system on several occasions. They have tuned up my furnace as well.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for this great review and recommendation!

12/18/2020

Jerome D.

I hired Broad Ripple Service Experts (BRSE) to insulate my attic which they did just fine. The service advisor told me during the initial meeting that I qualify for a rebate from my local power company (IPL) for insulating my attic. He told me that BRSE will need to file the paperwork with IPL. After the insulation was complete (and pictures were taken by the contractors to prove that the work was performed), BRSE does not return my calls. Neither voicemails left on the cell phone of the service advisor nor the person responsible for the paperwork is getting back to me despite leaving messages for him. I called IPL and asked them if I can file the paperwork myself and they told me that it needs to be done through the contractor. On my contract, they even mention the qualifying rebates.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Category appliance repair, insulation

08/03/2020

Av H.

Tried to charge for part that was working fine and replaced because tech didn't know what he was doing. Then tried to charge for two parts, when only one was bad. Used another vendor to finish job.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

04/11/2020

Fereydoon J.

Bryce Keith and tech Winston worked hard until 9:00 pm to find and fix the leak in the heat pump. They were professional, reliable, and honest. I hired them anytime. Thank you Broad Ripple A/C for sending them.

Description of Work
Repair mini split Heat pump

03/01/2020

James S.

Great. Work was professionally done.

Description of Work
Replace toilet

01/17/2020

Rita M.

Three experts did their best trying to repair my old furnace but had finally to give up and tell me it needed to be replaced The sale person Bryce was very good at explaining my options and gave me discounts and freebies included in the new furnace price I am impressed by their professionalism and I will certainly recommend them

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance and replacement

08/22/2019

Linda P.

Although I also have concerns about time and pricing as well as this major complaint, the problem I am reporting here was major damage to my heating system done by the repair tech or his trainee from which they walked away and left me with a broken furnace and thermostat that worked fine even while they first worked on the AC issue. The repair person, Chris was training a new tech durning my repair and either he or Chris were responsible for creating an electrical event that completely ruined the previously working thermostat and the circuit board for the entire furnace. They had already replace there parts for which I paid a total of over $750.00 in the exterior AC unit and when the third part did not start the system they came into the house, pulled off the thermostat to check the wires and proceeded to the furnace where they either touched the wrong thing or turned on something incorrectly as there was a loud crack and the tech told me I needed a new furnace because the "board was fried". Although the furnace was older, it was certainly not my expectation to have the repair person damage my furnace to the point I was forced to get a new furnace instead of completing the repair for which he was hired. Irregardless of any age or other issues the tech might blame on the equipment to shift his mistake, it is the responsibility of the repair person to protect the remainder of any system while effecting the repairs for which they were hired. It is unethical to cause major damage then walk away and say "sorry I can't fix it". Although he did give me a discount on the part he had just installed in the AC unit, I am out $750 on an incomplete and incorrect repair job. He should have taken responsibility for the damage he caused and repaired that and related damaged parts instead of leaving. Had I not been in shock about the damage, I would not have paid and admittedly I am sorry I did pay as any work he did do correctly was negated and now worthless because of the damage he caused. This is certainly a poor way to conduct business and I would steer clear of this company.

Description of Work
air conditioner repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we regret that you have concerns and would like to gather more information Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address and phone number and we will follow up with you.

07/13/2019

Monica H.

The people who came to assess the situation were extremely polite and professional. And the end of the day, the prices were just significantly higher than other quotes we received. They had a lot of great options and pricing packages, just not within the range of what we had expected and found somewhere else. Paid $100 for service call only.

Description of Work
AC replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business and thank you for this great review!

06/08/2019

kashyap V.

I have a serious complaint against Broad Ripple Heating, Air conditioning and Plumbing (A service experts company). I purchased air handler and heat pump from this company on 2/10/2010 with a 10 years parts and labor warrantee. On 5/18/2019 I told their technician that the heat pump was not working, no cold air was coming out. Since that time they have been giving different stories. First, the technician said the unit has been hit by lightning. There is a big hole in a copper tube carrying the refrigerant. When I pointed out that there is a wooden wall less than one foot away from the unit. There are no scorching marks either on wall or on the copper tube. The two trees are more than 50 feet away from the unit and all power lines in our subdivision are underground. There was no damage to the computers or TVs in the house. I told them to give me in writing about lightning damage, so I could file an insurance claim. They refused. Then they changed the story again. They said “we don’t know how it happened, but the copper tube is not a part (!!!). So it is not covered by warrantee.” Now they are saying whatever it is, your warrantee expired 5 years after purchase and replacement of copper tube ( at a cost of $ 987) cannot be guaranteed and are advising me to replace the whole system, both furnace and heat pump at the cost of about $ 12000 . I have papers about extended warranty. Since summer is approaching fast I am asking another dealer to replace the whole system. The company should give me financial compensation for this.

Description of Work
Heating and AC

03/06/2019

CINDY N.

Steve was efficient and professional. Had an eye for detail and got the gray water and old yucky, drippy parts out of the house without a problem. Also helped me with question I had on my kitchen faucet. Felt like he really wanted me to be a happy customer, and I am.

Description of Work
rebuild of Kohler faucet from mid 90's

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], we are thrilled to hear that Steve demonstrated top notch service!

01/28/2019

JOY M.

Broad Ripple Heating Service Experts was OUTSTANDING from beginning to end!. I Love,Love, Love my new Lennox HVAC system. I also Love the service and quality installation that BRHSE provided. My new Lennox is the quietest gas furnace and A/C system I have ever lived with! I called on Jan 9 to request service since my furnace stopped working at 3:00 A.M. and temps were falling. Repairman Cory showed up at 10:30 A.M. & diagnosed the bad parts. With the help of Salesman David Ward I decided to buy a new Lennox system which they installed the next day. Bill and Terry, the installers, were polite, clean, hard working, and did a wonderful job with the installation. When investigating HVAC systems prior to making a decision, I learned that the quality of the installation is just as important as the quality of the product, and Bill and Terry did a fantastic job, and also fixed parts of the previous installation which were not done well. Temps for the last 18 days since the installation have been in the teens, and my house (including the basement and second floor) has been quiet and had uniform heat. The new Wi-Fi controller is easy to use. I Highly Recomment Broad Ripple Heating Service Experts for service, repairs, and installation. I cannot say enough good things about this company, and I am over 65 and have lived with many HVAC systems in different homes in three states, and this is the best company I have ever hired.

Description of Work
New Lennox HVAC system to replace 15-year-old York system that died.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking a moment to share this wonderful review!

01/01/2019

Jefferson M.

I called and got an appointment for the same day! They could not install what I wanted (95% efficient unit) so I chose an 80% efficient unit. Fortunately, they began the installation the very next day! The installation went well but it did take 3 visits to complete. The first installer incorrectly calculated the new thermostat could not be installed. The second installer added the new thermostat but did not replace the original wiring which may have caused an issue. The last installer completed the job by correcting the thermostat wiring, re-attaching a part which was loose and silencing an irritating noise the unit was making (Good job!). I was impressed with how responsive the company was to my needs and questions and how eager the staff was to make me happy. However, I was very annoyed the 80% efficient unit which was installed cost considerably more than the 95% efficient unit I really wanted! I will consider using this company in the future but I will definitely get several quotes from competitors.

Description of Work
New Furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us! All pricing includes our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for 365 days as well as 24/7/365 support.

12/27/2018

SUSAN W.

The tech was out the same morning I called. Matt was very thorough and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Toilet wouldn't flush

09/15/2018

JENNIFER W.

May 5th-We met with salesman Stephen Todd of Broad Ripple Heating and Cooling after discovering that our 18 yr. old system had a leak in it. When he explained their policy, he stated that “after installation if you are not happy call me and say “I am not paying these guys” (meaning Broad Ripple Heating & Cooling).” He stated that we had a 1 year, 100% money back guarantee on our satisfaction and if I was not happy we could both sign a piece of paper and we’d get our money back and they would remove their equipment. (we recorded this conversation). May 8th- Broad Ripple installed a new system. (I have researched and learned from different sources that an air conditioning unit should maintain indoor temperature 20 degrees cooler than the outdoor temperature). Example of how the unit failed to keep the house adequately cool… Thermostat set to 72 degrees Outdoor temp-93 degrees House temp -78 degrees To remedy this, steps were taken that included turning the fan speed up, checking pressures, measuring temperatures, and adding refrigerant. July 5th -they replaced the original 2 ton A coil and condenser unit with a 2.5 ton. This didn’t fix the problem-the system still didn’t keep up. July 20th -Richard (the service manager) was scheduled to meet me along w/Stephen, and the installation manager. After waiting 45 minutes I called him twice. He finally responded, saying there had been an emergency. We rescheduled . July 28- I emailed Stephen telling him my findings and saying that the system did not seem to perform as it should. He contacted Richard, who contacted Lennox. August 4 Set point 68 degrees. .house temp 73 degrees outside temp 87 degrees. I sent an email to BroadRipple@serviceexperts.com saying I wasn’t happy with the performance of their unit. They contacted Lennox, who claimed that we were “asking the system to perform beyond its design limits” because “it is not designed to reach 68 in the home.” I was never told that the system was only designed to maintain a low of 73 -74 indoor temperature. August 9- I sent an email to Richard and Stephen saying that the explanation from Lennox was unacceptable. I stated that I may have not purchased this unit had I known it was designed to only do a low of 73-74 degrees. I said that I was not 100% satisfied and wanted to proceed to get a refund for our unit and have them remove it. August 15-I texted Stephen asking if he was going to respond to my e-mail of 8/9 and text of 8/14. He said he would be sharing my e-mail and texts with his boss As of September 14 (a month later) he has not responded. Ok, Broad Ripple Heating and Cooling. You win. We’ve devoted enough time and effort to this issue already and have decided to let it rest. We admit that you did try several different options to try and meet our expectations, and for that you get a D instead of an F. However, your decision to completely ignore us is very poor customer service-and apparently your “100% money back guarantee” does not always apply.

Description of Work
installed a new heating and air system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we regret that you feel that we were not able to provide the service needed and would like to look into this matter. Please contact us at CustomerService(at)ServiceExperts.com with the full name on the account, your address and a phone number where we can reach you.

07/15/2018

EUGENE B.

Really well. Very professional & thorough,

Description of Work
A/C tune-up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business and thank you for the feedback!

07/10/2018

Danielle B.

I purchased my air conditioner and furnace from them a few years ago. I always had a service contract with them. I serviced the units as directed. Both the furnace and air unit always had problems (Lennox), needed constant repairs costing 300 to 700 dollars. I never got the same technician, often the tech did not even write notes about the repairs that were completed, it was always a surprise for the tech that I needed my Pure Air Filter changed yearly (they never had it on the truck and would have to come back). I felt like the Lennox product was a lemon from the get go, the techs did not diagnose problems correctly and the visits were just about fleecing the customer. I still have a service contract (paid for 3 years) with them but will not continue using them. I am shopping for a new air conditioner but will not use them. No consistency, not able to diagnose and overcharging.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for your experience and would like to look into your situation. Please contact us at CustomerService(at)ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address, and phone number, and we will follow up with you. Thank you.

05/11/2018

DICK & CONNIE M.

Everything about them is good and that is why we have kept with them for years.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C Service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We have truly appreciated your business over the years and thank you for being such a loyal customer!

11/17/2017

Mark H.

My gas furnace was only 3 years old and was working perfectly before the technician came over. Two weeks after the tune up, the furnace stopped working. I called up Broadripple Heating & A/C. They wanted to charge me $99 to come over and diagnose the problem that they caused. I ended up checking out the furnace myself and found out that their technician didn't secure the cable to the main furnace control board. The cable partly came off the connector on the circuit board.

Description of Work
Check, clean, and winterize my Rheem gas furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We will investigate this matter and follow up with you.

10/26/2017

MARY & ROBERT K.

Their technician were very knowledgeable and they did their work efficiently. They cleaned up after themselves. They checked everything. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
I purchased a furnace and air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear that our technician was able to provide you with the top notch service that you needed!