Backyard Blessings

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2010

8119 E 30th St

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Our company was started on Indy's East Side over 10 years ago and continues its headquarters on Indy’s east side. Backyard Blessings continues to grow each year. We give thanks to God the Creator for all His blessings and we are thankful for all of our dedicated customers, investors, staff, friends, family, and to all of our future customers. We look forward to doing business with you!...

05/17/2018

Edward S.

Backyard Blessings rebuilt the entire waterfall of our backyard pond. Nate and his crew did a fabulous job making sure to maintain the rustic nature of the waterfall including the moss on the stones. The waterfall actually turned out better than the previous waterfall. They performed that work quickly and on schedule. They are experts in this area.

Description of Work
Replaced waterfall tank that had frozen and cracked in last winter's sub zero cold and rebuilt entire waterfall.

05/11/2017

Darren F.

My wife and I moved into our new home and almost immediately realized that our new koi pond which we thought would be a great source of relaxation from our stressful business lives was in need of a significant overhaul. The water was black and murky, filtration systems were junk purchased from a hardware store, and the waterfall leaked. We began our search on Google which lead us to one of Marc’s competitors first. Communication with them was only answered one time via email, and although we went to their store twice to check out their work and demo ponds, we were never able to get them to respond to an email or phone call afterward to come give us an estimate on renovating our pond. Easy way to weed them out. Then we went to a new Nursery that opened up near our home and they agreed to send someone out to give us an estimate. He took one look at our pond, told us the renovation job would be far more expensive than a new dig even though there was hardly any new excavating and we had several tons of usable stone – he asked how much our budget was and we asked simply what the cost was: $15k…to replace the liner and other components, reuse our stone, do almost no digging, and re-build a waterfall. No thank you. Back to Google I went, and this time I found Backyard Blessings, and it truly was a Blessing that I did. We went to Marc’s store on a Sunday. Marc personally showed us around the ponds and talked to us about what we wanted, and what problems we currently had in our pond that we wanted to solve. Marc came out two days later and took a look at our pond and he provided written estimate to us the next day after that. A week later, Marc and Nate came to our house and renovated our pond. They were timely, efficient, and industrious; best of all their work was meticulous. I flip houses for a living, and I have dealt with some lazy contractors that had zero attention to detail; you will not have that issue with Marc and his crew. You’ll get solid work from a team of professionals that are experienced and dedicated to building a quality product. My wife and I finally have the back yard experience that we were looking for and for a reasonable price. I wish I had found Backyard Blessings at the beginning of my search. Installing or renovating a Koi pond isn’t cheap, but if you have it done right by a company that isn’t trying to gouge you for the price, it doesn’t have to break the bank either. I would highly recommend Backyard Blessings to my family and closest friends if they were in search of a water feature! Thanks for the great work!

Description of Work
Renovation of existing pond

Category landscaping,fountains

05/20/2016

JEAN & PAUL G.

The pond service company I have used since we bought our condo in 2012 no longer provides pond cleaning services. I contacted Backyard Blessings to clean the pond in part because of its Angie's List Super Service award. The cleaning was absolutely necessary because we lost all our fish last winter and I had no idea how many decomposing Koi were in the muck. They did an excellent cleaning job, albeit an expensive one at $300, EXCEPT that a liner patch over a tear in the plastic liner was dislodged and all the water leaked out in the part of the pond over the tear. I have no reason to doubt the man who did the cleaning when he said that the liner was cheap and should be replaced. I also suspect that the patching job was not done well, but it had held until the cleaning job. And I am sure he tried to be careful in cleaning the muck, but never the less the patch was dislodged and half the water leaked out. What I do resent is that I was charged $150 to repair the liner. I really didn't have much choice - either pay Backyard Blessings or someone else to repair the liner or look at a useless, ugly and half empty Koi pond. That would pretty much ruin one of the best features of this condo. The real shame is that while it was not in the budget for this year I was planning to use Backyard Blessings to rebuild the pond water fall.

Description of Work
Cleaned a Koi pond and replaced a pond liner patch that was dislodged during the cleaning which drained the pond.

11/21/2015

kathy G.

The best timely Efficent

Description of Work
Fixed mess in our outside water feature created by our prior contractor

07/14/2015

TOM B.

They did a great job. Thought the price for cleanup was a bit stiff but they did a very good job, so......I would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out our pond and replaced pump

Category landscaping,lakefront landscaping

06/10/2015

Christy W.

As a result of the lack of concern or knowledge shown by Mark, the leak that he dismissed as non-existing continued throughout the winter, froze the entire back yard, and due to the weather during this past winter, could not be solved until late spring. The leak was easily fixed when we contacted another person, but our grass suffered greatly from the freeze. We would never use Mark again nor would we recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Mark did nothing except charge $100. We had used him previously to clean our pond. He did the job but was very expensive. When it seemed that there was a leak caused by something related to the pond, we called Mark to fix the problem He came to the house, looked at the pond and immediately stated that there was no leak. And the charge for this was normally $150, he said, but we would only be charged $100 for him to address the problem. This analysis probably took him all of 3 minutes if that long.

Category landscaping

I have no record of this persons listed name and/or address in our database. Therefore I cannot address the specific details of the listed review with agreement or disagreement. If this was a real person with the same situation, and their information was accurate and true, I would respond something like this...sorry we were unable to meet your needs. And sorry that you dont feel that you received the benefit of our evaluation. We perform hundreds of leak diagnosis each year and we are very successful at finding and fixing leaks. The process can be costly and many times we have to rebuild parts or all of the water feature. However, the leaks are sometimes easy to find and easy to fix. We do charge $150 to come out to your property to diagnose the problem. Keep in mind, it is often a difficult process, especially since we did not build your water feature. We are here to help, we are here to serve, but we must be paid for our time. $150 is just to diagnose the problem, there are almost always additional charges to fix the problem, because something usually needs replaced or repaired. It could be a waterfall tank, tubing, skimmer unit, breached liner, etc. We have been doing this for 12 years and have solved a lot of water feature problems. Thanks for your time. This is Marc with Backyard Blessings.

05/27/2015

Brian S.

Solid staff and response time, would use again if installing new or updating water feature

Description of Work
Cleaned water feature

04/09/2015

Denise C.

BB was truly a Blessing. As new homeowners, my wife and I new that the pond at our home was in need of help. Marc, from Backyard Blessings, came out to our home and gave us an assessment on our pond's condition. He followed-up with a quote and the work that would be done. Once we scheduled the needed work, Marc and crew came to our home, relined the pond, added additional tiered rocks and beautified our pond. I highly recommend Backyard Blessings!

Description of Work
Update Backyard Pond

Category landscaping,foundation repair,hardscaping

03/21/2015

Krista S.

In spring of 2014 they came out and redid our pondless waterfall that we already had another company attepmt. They were easy to work with and made sure we were happy with the design and restructure at the end of the project. Now they come out to open and close the waterfall each fall and spring. Great and very friendly without breaking the bank.

Description of Work
Closed pondless waterfall for the season.

03/13/2015

Denise C.

We recently bought a house with a pond. We knew our pond was sick, and needed a lot of TLC. We initially found out about backyard blessing at the Home Show. We made an appointment with Marc for a quote. He showed up promptly to give quote early on a cold and snowy Saturday Morning. He was very thorough about what needed to be done and answered all questions we had about being new pond owners. A few days later we received our quote and we were told to contact him when we were ready, once the weather breaks. Once we contacted him, he was able to schedule up for a date within the week. The workers and Marc showed up early and worked non-stop until they were done. Came home for lunch and the Pond looked amazing, we couldn't believe that is was the same pond. We needed a new liner and everything cleaned, filters replaced. You name it we needed it. We are very pleased with service from Backyard Blessings.

Description of Work
Revamped old leaky pond.

A-1 Concrete Leveling & Foundation Repair

6 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Ask about an Angie's List discount. May contact through email. Additional DBAs - R J Bowen LLC & A 1 Concrete Leveling. Award winning. We are proud to the largest and most experienced concrete leveler in America. Our locations are locally owned and operated. All of our work is guaranteed because our professionally trained technicians use state of the art equipment and a patented process that guarantees the highest quality results.

Crawlspace Doctor

Crawlspace Doctor was established in Bloomington, Indiana in 2002. Crawlspace Doctor was one of the first companies in the country to exclusively implement the practice of conditioned/ un-vented crawlspaces. We were perfecting our methods when almost everyone else still believed in vented crawlspaces. Over time conditioned crawlspaces became the preferred method for constructing crawlspaces under homes. The process of conditioning a crawlspace is so successful it created an entire new industry. As a leader in the industry we pride ourselves in providing a large variety of products to fit our clients individual needs. We will NEVER be a company that supplies only one solution with one product for every need. We constantly work with manufactures and suppliers to provide the best and most cost effective products available.

Byrne Power Washing

Byrne Powerwashing is an owner operated business whose first priority is to serve others! We often times say “it’s your property but, it’s our work”. We show up on time and work until the job is done. We are not done with the job until YOU say we are done. If you need it cleaned, we have the experience and science to clean it without destroying it. We are licensed, certified and insured. We do offer maintenance agreements as well to keep you home looking good.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Water Gardens & Ponds, Custom Waterfalls, Koi Ponds, Fountains, Streams. Service, Maintenance, Repairs, Remodels, Restoration Complete pond supply store: plants, fish, filters, pumps, liner, skimmers, waterfalls, stone.

Lawn maintenance, tree & flower planting, mulching, general leaf removal.