Founded 1998 • With Angi since April 2009

ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Home Security Essentials

2020
ADT home security systems are backed by more than 140 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs.
Home Security Essentials project

Home Security Essentials

Smart Home Security project

Smart Home Security

Cameras project

Cameras

View project

home security systems (582)home automation (79)movers (21)

11/30/2022

peter M.

We have ADT and in the past 10 days have accidently tripped the alarm twice. The first time ADT called 1 hour after the alarm sounded and the second time at 8:30 pm - they called us at 11:30 at night to see if we were ok. Service is very poor.

Description of Work
Ongoing service

11/05/2022

Lon B.

I had Verizon security at my previous home. Unfortunately Verizon is not offered in my new neighborhood. I chose ADT since they have been around a while. Been a nightmare since. The customer service is non existent. The wait times are usually 2 or more hours. If you request a callback, forget it, they never call back. The system itself is terrible. When the motion cameras indicate it takes at least an hour to see the video, which may only be 2 seconds long. If someone rings the front door bell, there is a good chance you won’t be able to get into the camera to use it. Plus it won’t be recorded if you do. I tried canceling this useless service but they won’t let me due to the required 3 year contract. I was actually told “ does not matter if the system does not work, you signed a contract”. My advice is stay away from ADT

Description of Work
Terrible system and awful customer service

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

08/10/2022

Ellen W.

They were honest. They will tell you if there is something needs to be fix or it is just low battery

Description of Work
They fix my alarm.

Work Completed On 07/10/2022

07/31/2022

odysseus M.

It’s been positive after signing a security monitoring contract with ADT. They explain everything fairly and have scheduling slots available within a day or two. I will likely add on to my system after we finish our remodel expansion.

Description of Work
Security monitoring

Work Completed On 07/29/2022

07/25/2022

Jimmy R.

I have used other home security services in the past, but in the end ADT is the winner. Their sales team customized a system for me over the phone and 3 days later we had it installed. Everything went excellent!

Work Completed On 07/24/2022

05/20/2022

Bruce W.

Excellent service. Professional. Top notch.

Description of Work
Security System with ADT

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

05/17/2022

Douglas M.

They did a great job and they are competitively priced. They were on time and we would recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a complete alarm system and added on to it later.

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

02/22/2022

J R.

On time, replaced outdated keypads monitors, motions, glass breaks, fire and carbon monoxide monitors. Pleased with work.

Description of Work
Update entire security system.

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

02/18/2022

PAUL W.

Worst system l have ever seen and the worst customer service ever. call prior to buying and see 1(800)716-3640, tell them you have a problem. See what ADT does for you. ADT is not a security company. They stamp their name on a metal plate and put it in your yard. The product they let a local company come out and install for you and service for you. Good luck with that. l have had my system for 4-5 months. 3 times they have come out to repair the system to leave and something else goes wrong with the system. The camera has not worked 60% of the time. The ring doorbell doesn't tell me when someone has pressed the button. The camera in the front of the house is funny. You can come on my property and get to my front door and ring the doorbell and walk away. By the time you get to the car and leave that's when l will know. When you call them all they will do is tell you how to try and get your system to start working. 1st issue is the only one l am going to write about. Cause all in all it's a novel of bad service. 1 month installed. all systems went down. ALL called for 2 months straight every night. no manager no person to help, just a how-to help person on the phone. 2 months never worked. Hung up on me 5-6 times cause the person didn't know how to help me. Easier to hang up l guess. Given wrong phone numbers to call to help come out and help me fix on site. The problem was the number " 800 992-5757 " please call it. l was told that the company should be the last person to call if needed to come out and help repair on site. Please call it. Finally, someone from ADT corporate called me. Someone came out and fixed the car. Then it stopped again. Not everything just 1 thing, a camera. took a month to get that fixed. Then 1 week later another problem another camera. This system has always had a problem since day 1. And every month it has not worked. Meaning every time they left something failed and broke. There is no service with ADT whatsoever. In Las Vegas NV when you call the 1-800 number for ADT and tell them you have an issue they will give you a number to call for the company that comes out and installs the system. Kinda pass the bug thing, but the best part here is the number l was given 3 times " 800 992-5757 ". " PLEASE I DARE YOU TO CALL THEM PLEASE " Call them l promise they will help you. And hang up. Be smart. buy 6 iPhones so you can face time all 6 of them. Get a really big dog for the backyard. And triple deadbolt the front door lock. l am a real customer that's been screwed with them for months now. Spent countless hours on the phone every night for 2 months. l almost lost my family being the security company would never do what they said they would do so when l got home l would spend hours again on the phone trying repairs. l cannot tell you enough to NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM. DO EVEN TALK WITH THEM. IT'S BATE AND SWITCH. ADT WILL TELL YOU AND SELL YOU. AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE COMES AND DOES IT ALL FOR THEM. BUT ADT AFTER THAT WILL NOT HELP YOU AT ALL. I am paying another local company who is local to come out and reinstall a new system. So l paid 2 times to have this done. At least local l know l have an office l can go to and have someone come out if an issue happens, BUT ADT YOU SUCK. YOU ARE A CON ARTIST COMPANY THAT EMPLOYS PEOPLE WHO LIE AND APPLY TACTICS TO SELL ITEMS YOU DO NOT EVEN SERVICE. THE METAL SIGN OUT FRONT IS AS FAR AS YOUR SECURITY GOES. DO NOT BUY FROM ADT. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. ADT DO YOU CARE. I WAS TOLD YOU WOULD CALL ME YESTERDAY AND NOBODY CALLED ME. 4-5 MONTHS. 3 VISITS. 2 MONTHS STRAIGHT OF ME CALLING EVERY NIGHT EVERY VISIT IS A STORY. BUT THE PERSON IS PRETTY HONEST ABOUT THE STORY, MEANING WHAT FAILED. THE CAMERA SYSTEM IS NOT THAT BAD. BUT THE SERVICE SUCKS YOU CAN CALL IF YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO GIVE ME REASONS WHY THIS IS NOT TRUE. LOOK ME UP IN YOUR ADT SYSTEM PAUL WILLINGER SORRY, NO ADDRESS BEING MY SECURITY SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK, AND YOUR SYSTEM TELLS PEOPLE WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THE RING DOORBELL AND THE CAMERA.

Description of Work
SECURITY SYSTEM FOR MY HOME

Work Completed On 02/18/2022

02/03/2022

Karen L.

It was excellence. The installer was EJ. Their service is so good that why I use them. Very nice kind humble man.

Description of Work
They put in the entire camera system.

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

02/01/2022

Lynn J.

We have been using ADT alarm company for many years, but only recently considered adding security cameras. A friendly Representative from ADT came to our house and helped to select the right cameras and angles. The install job took awhile, but we did order 9 different cameras in total. Feel way more aware of our surroundings and protected now that we expanded our ADT system.

Description of Work
Security cameras added

Work Completed On 01/31/2022

08/19/2021

Patrick M.

My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long way.

Description of Work
ADT alarm system

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

07/19/2021

Maurice P.

Received the best service ever from ADT and their team of local professionals. In today's world there isn't that personalized one-on-one customer service any more. So I very much appreciated ADT and all the company stands for. Loving the new alarm setup for my house.

Description of Work
New alarm setup

Category moving companies

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

06/08/2021

Lakesha R.

We've had our ADT Alarm for several years, keeping us safe, and without problems. But a few days ago one of the smoke alarms started beeping intermittently. We placed a service call and they came out right away. Stanley French, our service tech, was just awesome! He found and corrected the problem, and explained it to us so we will be able to fix it on our own next time. He was also extremely kind to our son in the process, who was watching him and asking questions. Highly recommend ADT… in the event there is a problem, they take the time to make it right

Description of Work
ADT Alarm System

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

06/08/2021

Audrey L.

Can’t beat the $27.99 monthly monitoring rate that ADT has available! This is by far the best rate around for professional and reliable security monitoring. Complete no-brainer. The security panel and accessory equipment blends well into our home.

Description of Work
Security monitoring

Work Completed On 06/06/2021

06/04/2021

Richard L.

I appreciated that our ADT alarm technician was prompt and on time to get our new system hooked up. The purchase was very easy over the phone and they had a scheduling slot available the very next day. Everything works perfectly and ADT even added an extra outdoor camera under a promotion they were running.

Description of Work
New system setup

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

06/04/2021

Tonya P.

Our experience getting our new residential security system through ADT was straight forward and simple. I thought it might be a big headache to buy security because there are so many options. They made everything easy to understand and had several popular packages to pick from. Our sales representative even added a Visa giftcard to offset our first several months of monitoring charges. A very nice touch and extremely appreciated!

Description of Work
Bought a security packages

Work Completed On 05/31/2021

06/02/2021

Karen B.

We didn’t realize how many items could be integrated into our ADT security system. But after speaking with the helpful representative on the phone for about 10 minutes, we decided to go forward with their full home automation package. Not only are the doors and windows secure, but we can control lights, the thermostat, and the garage door.

Description of Work
ADT security system

Work Completed On 05/29/2021

06/02/2021

Cynthia S.

John, Doug, and Brandon did an excellent job setting up our security system in our new home. Being a brand new house just completed by the builder, they had to come in and start from scratch but did a wonderful job. We were happy to cross the final project off of our to do list. Thanks a bunch ADT!!

Description of Work
setting up our security system

Work Completed On 05/31/2021

05/04/2021

Todd S.

Since cameras are the big thing now, we wanted to make sure we got the best of the best. We researched ADT’s doorbell cameras, outdoor cameras, and indoor cameras. They seemed to all have strong reviews and be what we were looking for. Talked with a nice lady at ADT’s corporate office, and we purchased the biggest camera package available included with their standard security system. The video feed on all of them are crystal clear and we love being able to save and review clips from the prior weeks. Hope this feedback helps anyone looking for reliable and topnotch camera security.

Description of Work
Purchased a camera package

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

04/19/2021

Joanne A.

Thanks to the tech guys! They were so polite and worked efficiently and quickly to setup my alarm system. They double checked everything to make sure it worked and took so much pride in their work. I knew that making sure we were safe was their number 1 priority. I have been using and recommending ADT for 13 years now, going on 14 years.

Description of Work
Alarm system setup my

Category moving companies

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

04/16/2021

Carlos C.

Trae from ADT provided superior service on our home security system today. He was right on time and even sent an email to my cell telling me he was in route. He helped set up passwords and usernames and verified that the system worked before he departed. Trae is a great professional and we are happy to give him a 5 star review on AngieList.

Description of Work
home security system

Work Completed On 04/14/2021