Cook Heating & Air

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2011

Family owned and operated residential Home Service company serving West-Central Indiana since 1978. Our mission is to provide a great customer experience regardless of the service we provide for your home (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Roofing, Gutters, Remodeling, Water Heaters, Yard Drains, Siding, etc.). Cook Home Services has a simple "Service Call" fee (ranges between $75.00-$125.00) to send a highly trained technician to your home who will go through your entire system when it breaks down. The technician will take the time to be thorough and listen to your issues and then provide options based on your wants and needs. All repair prices are agreed upon "Up-Front" meaning we will only perform work you authorize first. Cook Home Services believes in continuous training and development of it's team members. Just like any other industry; the Home Service industries are constantly changing with advances in technology and services available. We believe the best way to take care of our clients is to ensure we have the best team who is thoroughly skilled and trained. We provide weekly in-house training for our team as well as sending our technicians to "factory" training classes at least 6 times per year....

Wharff Excavating LLC

Wharff Excavating LLC is your water solution company. If it has to do with water we can do it. From reverse grade, drainage problems, foundation repairs, epoxy injections, sump pumps, swales, ditches, culverts, and ponds, we can fix your water problems before they cause erosion issues or foundation damage.

Offers by Wharff Excavating LLC on Angi
Window Universe

We can now offer our complete window price list to our Angie's List customers before you even schedule an appointment with us. We're the easiest company in town and we LOVE our Angie's List customers. To get our complete price list go to WindowUniverseIndy.com/prices. We offer energy efficient replacement windows and doors to homeowners and businesses all over the Indy area! We have a full line of products to meet the needs of all of our customers. From the budget minded to the performance oriented, we offer the full range of products and we let you decide what is right for your home. ALL of our products come with a complete transferable lifetime warranty that even includes glass breakage. Best of all, everything we do is backed by our 110% Best Value Guarantee which ensures there is no company on Angie's List offering a better deal. Give us a ring today, we offer exact quotes (not estimates) for FREE. Thanks for taking the time to meet with us to discuss your project!

Jefferson Electric LLC

With over 11 years of electrical experience, we are here to address all your electrical needs.

06/09/2017

They installed a new furnace, air conditioner & humidifier. We've had them for probably seven or eight years. We bought a new furnace, air conditioning, and humidifier. They give an annual inspection every Spring and Fall. They change the filter and check everything out. We're on a monthly plan so we pay a little bit every month, so then we get a free check-up in the Spring and the Fall. The cost covers the Spring and Fall check. What it doesn't cover is the filter, but we get a discount on the filters. We pay a monthly fee. It's just automatically taken out of our account. I like the service and I like the people. On price I'm not sure everybody wants to do it that way. You end up with a twice a year service and discount on everything that you buy. It suits our purposes. We like it. But not everybody would want to pay something every month. You don't have to do it that way; you can pay as you go. They really are top quality people. They're very responsive and that's the other reason I like being on a monthly plan, because if we have any problem at all, they come out. They set up an appointment, they call and they tell us when they're coming, and then they call when they're on their way; maybe 5 minutes out. So you always know when they're coming, within minutes. Their professionalism is excellent. We have continued to use them again.

Description of Work
They come twice a year and change filters.

06/09/2017

They come every Spring and every Fall unless we have a problem, and then I call them and they come out and do the repair work. It's set up on a schedule. Every Fall they check all the heating units and every Spring they check all the air conditioning units. We met to talk about what kind of a furnace to put in and what size. We met with the owner and he kinda came up with a plan, and so we approved it and they put it in. Our number one reason for going with this company is they're a quality company in Crawfordsville. For price, it's not the cheapest and it's not the most expensive, it's average. I'm sure there's more expensive furnaces and I'm sure there's cheaper furnaces. On quality, we haven't had any trouble with it. For responsiveness, they're quick to come out if we have a problem.

Description of Work
They installed an American Standard and a Honeywell humidifier. They installed everything; heating, air conditioning, and humidifier.

06/09/2017

We didn't have any issues. We pay this monthly fee of $21.85, so when they come, they don't charge us anything. That's why we have them, because they're good. I would recommend them because they're knowledgeable and reliable. On price it's convenient and it's taken out monthly so when they come we don't owe them anything. On responsiveness, they contact us when it's time for an inspection. On punctuality, they call and set up an appointment time and then they call to remind us and then he calls when he's about 5 minutes away.

Description of Work
They check out the heating system, the air conditioning, and we have a humidifier. They check each room, and then we do replace the filter every time they come.

05/18/2017

Very well, but took longer than was expected. Some of the delay was due to all the rain.

Description of Work
Complete HVAC replacement and duct seal.

06/28/2016

As a building professional, I have been working with Heating & Cooling contractors for over forty years. As a homeowner, I never have had better service from any contractor. Garrett & all the Cook personnel have been prompt, courteous, considerate of my home & have clearly conveyed the conditions, causes and solutions as they addressed the problems we were having, in part due to another contractor. This company is the gold standard for HVAC service!

Description of Work
Installed a new AC unit

02/10/2015

Cook employees were skilled at their trade, conscientious, professional, and very personable. The quality of the work performed was excellent and I had no complaints whatsoever. I also had direct dealings with Company Management, Garrett Cook, and was very favorably impressed by his professionalism and technical knowkedge. I would definitely use this Firm again, and highly recommend Cook Heating & Air to readers of "Angie's" List.

Description of Work
Revised and installed larger "supply" and "return" ductwork for the two Heat Pumps serving my large, old farmhouse; also, the ductwork was pressure tested and sealed inside.

06/24/2014

Just now writing a review but we have had business with them since 4 years ago when they replaced our ancient furnace with a brand new energy efficient one. They sat down with us and discussed all the options of different furnace systems, prices, etc. We also have a service plan which includes them coming out twice a year as I previously mentioned. They have always been very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Today was just one of our regular twice a year services that we have where they inspect and tidy up our air conditioner/furnace, and replace the air filter. They also replaced the capacitor on our AC today.

09/03/2013

Initially, Garrett came out to walk us through the process. He did a great job of explaining what work would need to be completed, and how much it was going to cost. My house did not have air conditioning, so Jay the Technician brought one by for us to use in our master bedroom. They had to order both the hot water heater and air conditioner, but Garrett tried his best to find something within the surrounding 200 miles that would fit in our limited space. Mark and Jay did the work on the hot water heater and air conditioner. They had a hard time fitting the hot water heater down into my cellar, but were able to get the work done by temporarily removing some plumbing. When putting it back, they even corrected the flow of one of the waste water lines so that it was going downhill. They did good work and cleaned up after themselves. Garrett came by a few weeks later to ensure that everything was working properly. We have some additional work that we are going to look at later, including sealing ductwork and moving the thermostat out of the way of a west facing window (put a plant in front of it for now). I was very impressed with their level of craftsmanship, and they have been excellent in their communication and service. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Cook replaced an old gas hot water heater with an efficient electric one. Additionally, they installed an air conditioner.

01/29/2013

Our contact started with a call for service. The tech came out on a Saturday, was very polite and professional. It was not a surprise to us when the tech advised us the 19yr old unit would cost more to repair than it was worth. The salesperson also showed up on Saturday afternoon and both he and the tech gave us multiple ideas for replacing our system, including heat pumps and geothermal as well as keeping our gas furnace and electric AC. (I should add that Cook was also the company that repaired our furnace 3 years earlier when 2 other companies had failed to do so.) While doing research, I was a bit of a pest to the salesperson, who continued to answer my emailed questions promptly. This, along with the service we had received from the tech on a Saturday, gave me confidence in the company's likelihood to maintain their promises. We finally decided on a geothermal system. We did get a competing bid, but the salesperson of the other company was not nearly as knowledgeable and did not present our options in good detail, so it was easy to stay with Cook. The salesperson also provided a list of references that we could call to get input from other customers Cook had installed geothermal systems for. Cook also offers a lifetime guarantee as long as you live in the home and sign up for the maintenance plan. They were also helpful in discussing things we did not ultimately buy (such as more insulation). The techs who performed the work seemed very professional and knowledgeable. We also signed up for the maintenance plan. This provides regular inspection plus a lifetime guarantee on the major components installed by Cook. During the final completion of the work and the required paperwork for invoices, tax credits, etc, I stopped getting timely responses. I then found out the salesperson we had dealt with was no longer employed there. Since the salesperson left, responses are sometimes weeks in coming and reminders are necessary to get our tax paperwork. I'll admit that I've been a pesky customer, but with the large dollars spent I think details are important. The lack of response time seen recently concerns me in terms of the long-term plan for maintenance and lifetime guarantee. For example, we need a replacement of 1 minor part primarily for aesthetics. While this is not a functional issue, it was promised to us weeks ago. Hopefully, the salesperson will be replaced with another one who is also efficient, and their quality customer service will return soon. Also, I marked the "air duct cleaning" category as that was part of our overall service/installation plan. However, I can't really provide any insight as it was a small part of our total job.

Description of Work
overall great experience, ongoing maintenance plan remains to be seen

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,air duct cleaning

03/29/2012

They were a wonderful company. They were there when they said they would be. They completed the job on time and cleaned up when they left.

Description of Work
They did heating and air work for us.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hey Member... Thanks again for taking the time to provide our company a report on Angie's List. We are honored you choose our team to perform your home's service work and we're thrilled you had a great experience with our team... that's our #1 goal! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if there's anything we can do for you.

Geothermal, Heating, Cooling, Heat Pumps, Boilers, Ductwork, Mini-Splits, Zoning, Air Filtration, Air Purification, Duct Cleaning, Humidification, UV-Lights, Air Conditioning, Maintenance, Repair, Installation, Water Heaters, Scheduled Maintenance, Energy Analysis Audits, Insulation, Thermostats, Remote Monitoring, Dehumidification, Media Filters, Combustion Analysis, Duct Sealing, Ductwork Repair, Crawlspace Air Sealing, Crawlspace Insulation, Attic Insulation, Attic Air Sealing, CO Detectors

Window Air Conditioners.