FIRST PRIORITY RESTORATION

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 2004

3.9

First Priority DKI’s state of the art services include fire damage repair, structural drying, soot/smoke/odor removal and mold remediation. We specialize in the restoration, cleaning and remodeling of commercial, industrial, residential and multifamily structures....

CLEAN USA

Local, certified, family owned…That’s us at Clean USA. As the consumer’s number one choice in cleaning and restoration services, we’re proud to deliver a premier lineup of carpet cleaning solutions to clients across northern Illinois and the surrounding communities. That goes for both residential and commercial clients. With free no obligation consultations, pet & kid friendly products, 12 month spot & spill warranties and our 100% happiness guarantee, for your complete peace of mind.

Offers by CLEAN USA on Angi
ProDry Restoration Inc

We are a 24HR company that is committed to provide prompt and professional water damage restoration and carpet cleaning to our customers. We use the latest technology and state of art equipment. We pledge to establish lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding their expectations and gaining there trust through exceptional performance by every member of our team. Our services include; water damage restoration, home remodel, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning and carpet installation. We will work hard to dry your loss fast. Carpet Cleaning: •Professional, trained, background-checked technicians •Convenient appointments •2-Step deep clean process removes dirt attracting residue to keep your carpet clean longer •No hidden pricing •Carpet Protectors & Carpet Deodorizers Available •Low moisture cleaning •Chemical free cleaning Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming their carpet and upholstery are clean just because they look or feel clean. What they may not know is that, over periods of time, even the most spotless looking carpets and upholstery collect germs, dust and soil below the surface. Even with regular vacuuming dirt, dander and allergens can get embedded deep into your carpet fibers. Regular traffic through your home can cause “distortion” or crushing to carpet fibers. Professional cleaning and application of our protector helps slow down that process and keep your carpet looking beautiful and fresh as long as possible.

GCPRO

GCPRO Restoration specializes in all areas of residential/commercial restoration and construction. Our company's goal is to minimize the inconvenience of your loss and make the recovery and rebuilding process as painless as possible. We provide fast, 24/7 emergency service throughout the entire Chicagoland area. We are a locally owned and operated company and are fully licensed and insured. Direct insurance billing is available, and we will help guide you through each step of the restoration process.

03/28/2017

Mandy K.

The DKI team was extremely helpful, communicative and hard working throughout the entire process. They arrived very quickly after the initial call informing them of the damage, competed all the necessary clean up within a few hours the same night, and met the overall deadline of the entire work project. Rob was our contractor and main contact. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire process, kept me in the loop of the project progresss and even provided feedback on ideas and or upgrades we were contemplating based on his expertise and experience in other homes. Although, the reason why we needed DKI's services was not a positive one, their crews turned it into one by their amazing customer service, extremely hardworking staff and terrific craftsmanship. I would absolutely recommend their services to others and choose them for services in the future.

Description of Work
We used First Priority DKI for a flood restoration project on our home. We had a pipe burst in our lower level restroom that caused major damage to almost half of our lower level.

03/22/2016

Kerri F.

They are absolutely awful. The worst experience of my life which is why I'm happy to share with you. They hired subcontractors which they did not explain to us and they got a crew that had never done work for them before. Every single day I work at home and I would come home and email them and I was like, oh my God, here's what they are doing today. Now they're doing this, now they're doing that and they never sent anybody out to check on what this team was doing for, like, the first two weeks. And we have wood built-ins that they damaged because they like laid boards with nails on them. They used my -- the attic was my office -- desk as like their table; they drilled holes through my desk which was only like a year old so they had to replace my desk. They broke a light fixture and the fixture hit the stairs and all the glass came off underneath the stairs. The guy who did it never checked it out, and my husband was downstairs with my two year old running barefoot and there was glass over our hallway. The guy never even came back and help cleaned it up. I mean it was ridiculous. And it was every single day we were, like, wait a minute this is the problem, wait a minute this is the problem. But they finally sent somebody out to check up on them and then they paid a little bit more attention but not really. When they said they were done they had to send somebody else there to take down all of the trim, redo that, cut out parts of the dry wall. All the ceiling things were like S's they were totally crooked. They cut out several chunks of the ceiling and redid it. There was a paint crew that came out and redid all the paint and all the trims. There was, like, large gaps and there was, like, air coming through and you could see. It was absolutely horrible.

Category water damage restoration

10/19/2015

Pam C.

They ruined my floors and now after many excuses, and admission the floor company has ruined more floors in addition to ours that we have to wait a year for them to be repaired. Also the accounting of the services cannot be cleared up leaving us open to lien issues until it is all resolved. No one should have to go through this.

Description of Work
Water Damage Restoration

03/24/2014

Marilee B.

We had storm damage to our roof which we were unaware of until a neighbor asked if we had seen our roof. I called our insurance company, Westfield, and the adjuster came out that day, July 3. On July 4! a roofer came to repair the damage, and to prevent any water damage as a storm was predicted. Upon completion he asked if the owner of the company could come over as he felt that the entire roof may need replacing. The owner came over, took pictures and forwarded them to the insurance adjuster. It was recommend that the entire roof be replaced. The job was excellent and promptly completed. I was so impressed with the cleanup after the job was completed. All around the house, flower beds and lawns were totally free of any construction material and no damaged to our house or property. The roof is beautiful! I HIGHLY recommend this company! ALSO, I highly recommend Westfield Insurance Company!

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced roof on our house.

10/28/2009

DONALD B.

Bud did an excellent sales job, but nothing else. He was not on the job site more than an hour total and only then mainly to collect money. When the job wasn't going according to the written agreement, I was able to speak with him on the phone. Instead of coming out and assessing the situation he was rude, condescending and intimidating. He kept saying "let me make it clear to you ... blah blah blah ... any additional work (even though it was already specified in writing) would cost me additional money. The core issue was, he agreed to remove a rug from my basement floor including the glue. He said he would use chemicals and it wouldn't be a problem. It turned out to be harder then he anticipated and only removed approximately 85% of the glue. He refused to complete the job even though his group leader said it would require only about 4 more hours. When he arrived to pick up the final check, I told him, because of his tone and the fact that he didn't live up to the contract, I had thought about allowing a judge to settle it. Instead of apologizing he smugly responded "it's your call". Since I really didn't want the hassle of going to court (even though I had pictures, a written contract and the truth on my side) I told him I would instead, give him the opportunity to do the right thing. So instead of choosing to follow up on his promises (as described in his scope of work description) he chose to do nothing. Hopefully someone else may learn something from my experience and make a better hiring choice then I did. Also, read carefully the contract (scope of work description). I had to send it back to them because the total amount they quoted me was more than their itemized costs. If I didn't catch it, it would have cost me an extra $600. Also, when it came time to hand over the final check, they didn't have a receipt or the waiver of lien I requested. When he did return with the waiver of lien/receipt, it had an incorrect address on it. The third time the waiver of lien was okay, but the receipt still wasn't correct. I paid anyway (had him write paid in full) just to be done with it all.

Description of Work
1. Basement : A. Removed glued down carpeting B. Removed lower 3 inches of paneling. C. Removed tile floor and underlayment in bathroom. D. Sanitized affected areas using mold inhibitor paint. 2. Main floor : Remove carpeting in three rooms .

04/14/2009

PATRICIA M.

They did a very good job. They also had a hygienist come in to test the air quality. They had the work sub-contracted out and the sub-contractor was also excellent.

Description of Work
They did mitigation to remove all of the mold and allergens that were affected by the water damage.

Category water damage restoration

03/21/2008

Ronald K.

Excellent from start to finish. Bud was the only contractor out of three that went into the attic and walked the entire length of the attic. One of the other contractors looked at it from the outside and the other contractor just stuck his head into the attic and looked around. Bud was there every morning when the crew arrived. He was always responsive to any questions we had and returned all of our telephone calls promptly. Did we run into some problems? Of course. One of the crewmen drilled some holes in the soffit. I showed it to Bud when he came the next day and he said it would be corrected by Friday..........and it was.

Description of Work
Mold remediation, removal of damage contents.

07/10/2007

GERI B.

He inspected my basement and gave a solution I found to be unsatisfactory. He wanted to rip out all of the drywall and basically rebuild the basement. He also did not give an estimate for the cost.

Description of Work
He came out for an inspection.

10/31/2006

VALERIE W.

Excellent work from start to finish. Bud was extremely helpful in explaining how the work would be done, directing the mold remediation crew, and adjusting the actual work to be accomplished as the project unfolded. He was very responsive to all of our concerns and returned all of our phone calls and emails promptly. The work was finished on schedule and up to our expectations.

Description of Work
Mold remediation of an attic and entire living space, HVAC vent cleaning, R30 insulation installation in attic, removal of damaged contents, and removal of cleaned contents to storage site.

Category air duct cleaning,mold removal

11/29/2004

HOWARD R.

OUR BASEMENT FLOODED WHILE WE WERE AWAY FROM HOME AND I BEGAN SEARCHING FOR A COMPANY TO CLEAN MORE THAN ONE WEEK AFTER THE FLOOD. IT TOOK ME SOME TIME TO FIND A COMPANY THAT WOULD CLEAN UP MOLD. I CALLED 1ST ADVANTAGE EARLY ONE MORNING AND WAS TOLD I MIGHT NOT HEAR FROM ANYONE THAT DAY. GOT ANOTHER CALL A COUPLE HOURS LATER SAYING SOMEONE WOULD BE AT MY HOUSE SOON, AND SIMULTANEOUSLY THE DOORBELL WAS RINGING! SERVICE MAN EVALUATED THE SITUATION, SAID IT NEEDED CLEAN UP IMMEDIATELY, AND A CREW WAS AT MY DOOR AT 9 AM THE NEXT MORNING AS ARRANGED. CREW WAS PROMPT, POLITE, COURTEOUS, AND COMPLETED THE JOB AS STATED. THEY HAD TO RETURN A FEW WEEKS LATER TO RE-CLEAN BECAUSE OF MOLD UNDER THE TILES AND AGAIN WERE PROMPT AND VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
BASEMENT FLOODED IN FROM A MAJOR RAINFALL. COMPANY PERFORMED CLEAN-UP AND TREATED FLOORS AND WALLS FOR BACTERIA AND MOLD.

Category mold removal

EMERGENCY SERVICES FOR WATER, WIND, FIRE & SMOKE DAMAGE AS WELL AS CONSTRUCTION RESTORATION OF SAME. MOLD REMEDIATION & FULL SERVICE DISASTER RESTORATION.

Check, Visa, MasterCard