FLOOD BROTHERS DISPOSAL

Founded 1930 • With Angi since June 2010

2.6

17W697 BUTTERFIELD RD E

OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL 60181

Flood Brothers Disposal is a family owned business serving over 150 communities in the Chicagoland area. We offer superior service with an attention to detail, free quotes, online and other convenient bill pay options, and a wide array of services for residential, commercial, and institutional environments....

01/05/2019

TANYA A.

CONSUMER BEWARE!!! This is absolutely a horrible company to do business with. The only way they stay in business is because they hold their customers hostage to a 5 year contract or if the customer decideds to cancel their contract they have to pay outrageous fines to break it. Watch out, if you tell them you have service with another company they will still have you sign a contract with them and they will tell you they will send a letter on your behalf letting the company who you currently are on service with know you want to discontinue service. If you are still locked in to a contract with your current company, Flood Brothers does not care and will hold you to their contract that you signed with them. They will tell you they will change the dates on the contract that you already signed to the dates when your current company service contract ends. One way or another they will make sure to get their money off of a consumer. This practice is what allows them to stay in business. The customer service is absoulutely horrible and this came from talking to one of the owners. He was very rude and condescending. This is what set the tone of what you should expect with dealing with them. He also made it perfectly clear they have lawyers on stand by and also tried a scare tactic to let me know the conversation is being recorded and will be used in court . Who does that?! Instead of trying to compromise or come to some type of an agreement to give good customer service they will yell, be rude, condescending and use scare tactics. They are absoulutely not worth the nightmare you will have to deal with. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Description of Work
Garbage Disposal

07/12/2017

ERIC K.

I had to give them 6 months notice before the end of the contract to tell them I wouldn't renew. After they called to try to convince me to re-sign they refused to admit they got my cancelation letter and I had to prove they got the letter. After yelling a lot I finally them to admit they got my letter and stopped my service. They were expensive and constantly raised their prices. Avoid at al costs.

Description of Work
Garbage pick up.

04/28/2015

Gloria B.

07/20/2014

CHRISTOPHER B.

Mark did not pay their bills. This company called all the time in a very rude and angry way. I understand the payments were late. But calling up and accusing me of being on drugs. Very nasty and sarcastic. There is no excuse for that.

Description of Work
My brother was on the account as the person responsible for making the payment. This garbage company was always a day or 2 late for their services. It did not make any difference if their was a holiday or not.

05/12/2014

Mark B.

The actual service is fine, not remarkable but satisfactory. The problem is that this is one nasty company, and they will (try to) never let you out of your contact no matter what you do. We used them for a few years then, after our contract expired, we wanted to switch to a cheaper vendor. They threatened to sue us citing the fine print "auto-renewal" clause. We therefore signed a two year renewal crossing out and initialing these clauses. In addition and to be safe (knowing who we are dealing with), we observed the provision in the contract allowing us to cancel at the end with 90 days certified notice. They refused delivery of the certified letter. Our new garbage company sent them a certified letter and they refused that too. Now, they are unwilling to recognize the signed contract without the auto-renewal saying "they never initialled them". We have received a certified letter from them threatening $20,000 in damages. Calls to the office are met with indifference. Avoid this company like the plague!

Description of Work
Garbage collection

04/22/2014

Jeremy C.

John, our salesperson, is not only friendly, but when there was an issue with our pickup times and dates, he dropped everything and took time out of his day to personally come to our location He immediately addressed our concerns, which were an obvious lack of communication by all parties. This is exactly the level of customer service people want from vendors, and as an organization benefiting pediatric cancer patients, every penny is precious to us. They made a generous adjustment to our bill, and we will continue to use their service. We can't recommend John and the whole gang at Flood Brothers enough. Jeremy Jokes4Miles.com

Description of Work
They've been collecting our trash for over a year now.

12/21/2012

Dawn N.

While I had this company for garbage collection, the service was great - on time & clean. My issue began in October 2012 when I cancelled service. I was told by a young woman on the phone ( with quite an attitude) that I would be receiving a refund for the time left that I had paid for. Great, all was right with the world. After many weeks had passed and no refund received, I placed a call to the office and left voicemails for Pat. When I received no return call, I called again a week later and then again a week later. One time I was able to reach him on 12/7/12 and he stated that a check would be going out the next week for the refund due to me. I never received a check. When I called again on 12/21/12 to inquire when I would receive the refund since I had canceled my service about 14 WEEKS EARLIER, I was informed by the same young woman with the attitude that everyone was gone for the day (it was 2:00 in the afternoon) and there was nothing she could do. I called back at 8:00 am on 1/2/13 and left a voice mail for Maria (whom I was told is Pat's supervisor and would be in at 9 am) outlining my issue and asking for a call back ASAP that day. By 3:15 pm I did not receive a call back. I called back and of course Maria was not available, so I left her another message requesting a call back. Sill nothing. SERIOUS work needs to be done on their customer service and I feel they need to step up as a company and issue refunds in a TIMELY manner. Unfortunately, my only option now is small claims court.

Description of Work
. Weekly residential garbage collection

11/11/2011

DOUGLAS T.

The saving grace! Our agreement with Flood Brothers began Nov 1, however, our existing contract automatically renewed annually on Nov 1 and required formal written notification 60 days in advance delivered by certified mail. Although we made the notification a month in advance, the current company is holding us to the contract for 60 day notice by certified mail. John Whalen, our Flood Brothers representative handled everything perfectly to get us back on track and in compliance to make the transition to Flood Brothers.

Description of Work
Rubish and Recycling Pick-up. Purpose was to lower Condo Association costs by sizing the containers and frequency of pick-ups to fit the volume of garbage (lowered cost) reduced the number of pick-ups (lowered cost) and introduced 'Recycling' for us to take advantage of the City of Chicago Refuse & Recycling Rebate Program which saves about $75/per unit annually. The overall savings with the City of Chicago Rebate is 'hugh' and by itself eliminates any increase in assessments for the entire 2012 operating budget.

Fast moving

With over a decade of experience, specializing in Fast moving & delivery service, along with junk removal! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Jurassic Junk Removal- Chicago

According to Webster’s Dictionary, the word “junk” means “to dispose of something useless or old” and that’s where we come in! Serving Chicago and surrounding suburbs, as the #1 recommended (and fastest growing) junk and trash removal service, Jurassic Junk Removal strongly believes that environmentally responsible waste management is the only way to ensure a cleaner and greener world that we can all enjoy for generations to come. So whether you’re spring cleaning, moving in, moving out, cleaning out the garage, attic, basement or simply reclaiming precious space at the office - one phone call (or click) is all it takes to make… "YOUR JUNK. EXTINCT." For more information or to schedule a free, onsite estimate, please call our Customer Service Center or simply schedule online at https://jurassicjunk.com/chicago-metro/ (and be sure to ask us how you may be eligible to receive a tax-deductible receipt based on any of your items that we can donate to our local charities!) Thanks for your interest in Jurassic Junk Removal. We’d greatly appreciate your business!

iWORK

Here at iWork Junk Removal we specialize in junk removal. Our main goal is customer service, we go above and beyond for our customers. We let our work speak for it self. iWORK GET YOUR JUNK GONE! Same day service and We sweep after every job! We will wear gloves and face masks.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Residental, commercial, and industrial recycling and refuse collection, dumpster/container service