TIGER'S BODY SHOP Since 1952

Founded 1952 • With Angi since November 2002

3604 N LINCOLN AVE

Chicago, IL 60613

We have over 62 years experience repairing auto body and collision damage. We have the experience and training to get your repair done right and get you back on the road. We know how to work with your insurance company to get your car fixed fast. We work on any vehicle, foreign or domestic. Our

05/21/2018

ALAN I.

These guys know what they are doing. Great job on the rear bumper, a victim of living in the city. They’re price seemed fair and they’re work is solid.

Description of Work
Paint and repair rear bumper

09/17/2017

David H.

Quality of work is great, but more importantly they actually feel a responsibility to give you a good value and not rip you off. I will never go to another body shop in Chicago, and won't waste time going to a dealer for body work either. Tiger's is the best!

Description of Work
Needed work done on both our cars; dealers quoted me $4500 total, which seemed high. Took both cars to Tiger's, they did one car for less than $1200, when the dealer quoted me $2500. The other car, which the dealer quoted me $2000, they did for free - they spent 30 minutes sanding and buffing, instead of totally repainting.

08/19/2013

ashley T.

Let's begin with the positive. They were ultimately timely, finishing the job towards the end of the scheduling window they had given me. The work on the door was extremely well done--there is no trace of the original dent and the paint job was excellent. There were issues with professionalism, however. My original estimate included a replaced front spoiler, which, apparently, was impossible to complete because of damage to the car bumper. That's reasonable. However, I was only informed of this when I called the shop to find out if the car was ready to be picked up. Likewise, I was told that the paint job was more time consuming than originally anticipated--thus I would pay the same amount as originally quoted. When I picked up the car I was not given an itemized receipt, which should be standard practice. Upon reviewing the receipt I saw that I had, in fact, been overcharged. They did correct the error. No paint was set aside for touch-ups as promised. They offered to mix me more, but I had to make a separate trip back to pick it up. When I returned I discovered the mixed paint was much darker than the color of my car. When I asked after this I was told that it was true, that I probably couldn't actually use it to touch up the scratches. Thus, wasted time for me and materials for them. While the quality of the work was good, I ultimately only received 1 of the three services. And I paid nearly the same amount as the estimate. Additionally, the lack of itemized receipt (combined with being overcharged) left me with no confidence in this shop. I did contact them directly by post to allow them to respond to these complaints, but have received no response after two months. I won't be back.

Description of Work
I went to Tiger's to have a dent repaired, they had to pop out part of the door, repaint and blend it. They kindly promised to leave me leftover paint so I could touch up my bumpers. Additionally, they were to replace a bumper spoiler.

02/06/2013

Dorothy S.

I called and asked if he could replace the driver side mirror on my car. Gave him make, year, model info. He put me on hold while he looked up the part. Came back and apologized for the short hold, and told me how much it would cost me. He said he would order the part right away -it was Saturday after his business hours when I called. The earliest I could come would be the following Monday afternoon. The part would be delivered in the morning. I made an appointment for Monday afternoon. When I walked in, he had the part and got his guys working on it right away while I waited. He was polite and kinda quiet, but once I started a conversation he gave me his full attention! Wow! A rare commodity these days! I told him I had a dent in my car and if I brought it back another time, could he fix that, too. He reached into a drawer and pulled out what looked like a giant plunger, and said he would take a look at the dent. After a few minutes he came back and said he pulled out the dent but he wasn't able to do as good a job as he would have liked. I looked at it, and it looked great to me -- he said it might look great tome, but to him it was just OK. He didn't charge me for sucking out that big dent! The mirror was replaced, I paid him the exact price he had estimated it would cost me, and it took only half an hour for everything. I was perfectly satisfied, and definitely would go back. In fact the next day I recommended him to a friend has a "snow-plow" dent in her rear bumper.

Description of Work
WOW! Good old-fashioned Service.

01/22/2013

Ashley L.

There's a reason why Tiger's Body Shop has been around since 1952. They did the job very fast and I had my car back in no time. They answered all my questions and were very professional. I have recommended these guys to all my friends and family and I will definitely use them again in the future. I can't be to thorough about the parts they fixed because I am not a huge car person :) thank you guys for taking care of me to another extent.

Description of Work
I was involved in a collision and needed a few parts repaired.

05/25/2012

Jerry L.

They were great. There was a few thing missing in the end like something I had hanging but its all consequential compared to the end result. They were the ones that helped get in touch with the insurance and pushed that through.

Description of Work
I use Tiger's Body Shop and I was there about a year ago. We had a hail storm and my car was demolished. They fixed it for me. I went through my insurance but The whole job was like $20,000 but I paid $500.00. It was a new car and the crazy hail completely demolished it. All the windshields were cracked and ready to fall in and huge dents. They almost had to replace almost everything on the exterior.

Category auto body repair, auto painting, auto glass

04/18/2012

Andrea J.

My fiance and I went to Tiger in late February for a quote and it was much less than the 2 previous auto body shops we tried. I was actually in a car accident (which is why we needed the body work) cause by the other driver so Tiger had to work directly with her insurance company to arrange payment. They arranged to have a check sent directly to me to pay for the repairs. I dropped my car off on a Monday and I had it back on Wednesday. It looked fantastic. They did a phenomenal job. I'd highly recommend them and gladly use there services again.

Description of Work
My rear bumper and passenger side panel needed to be repaired. I was hit from behind on Interstate 290.

01/12/2012

LORA K.

I turned the car over to them with headlights that were scratched, hazy, & in some places, completely opaque. Tiger's gave the car back to me and the lenses were clear and bright. The results were AMAZING! They had estimated that it would take about $50 and an hour to restore the pair. When I came back to pick up the car, they told me that it took much less time, charged me $25 for the pair, AND pulled out a dent in my front bumper while they were waiting for me! Forget the do-it-yourself kits - Tiger's is the place to have your nighttime vision and visibility restored!

Description of Work
They restored the woefully neglected and damaged headlights of my 2002 car back to being clear and bright.

Category auto body repair, auto detailing, auto glass

08/24/2011

Greg L.

We were very happy with them. The price seemed reasonable; we had to get the same thing fixed a few years ago and it was about the same price. They seem very knowledgeable and they were able to point out why the other company didn’t do the work in a quality manner. They were pretty close to their estimate and they fixed it quickly. The location is very convenient.

Description of Work
Tiger’s Body Shop fixed our rear right panel because it was crunched.

08/19/2011

Emilios C.

The price was pretty reasonable. They were fast and on time. If there is a need, I would use them again in the future too.

Description of Work
Tiger's Body Shop Since 1952 fixed a dent in my car about 3 years ago.

Category auto body repair, auto painting, auto repair, welding

08/17/2011

Emily L.

They did a great job at a reasonable price. Overall, I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
They performed auto body work to repair my vehicle after an accident.

08/05/2011

BARBARA L.

Ashland Auto & Tire recommended them for bodywork. The service was very pleasant. It was great.

Description of Work
They fixed my side mirror. They also gave me a quote for the new part, but I found a used part instead.

07/18/2011

CHRISTINE L.

They were very honest, thorough, and they explained the details carefully.

Description of Work
Estimate.

06/30/2011

David D.

They were excellent. They were very professional. The guy actually recommended me not to do that work because if I was intending to sell my car, I wouldn’t get the money back for getting that work done. He seemed very honest and trustworthy. The estimate was about $500. I would consider using them for another quote in the future.

Description of Work
I went to Tiger’s Body Shop Since 1952 in May as I needed an estimate to repair a dent on my car.

03/18/2011

Pam H.

Tiger's had a VERY reasonable estimate, and did a fabulous job. Can't even tell where the damage was. Overall very happy. They took longer than promised - I guess they were really busy, so that is my one (-). They also close early and not open on the weekends- was hard to pick up my car from work.

Description of Work
Ran into my garage - yeah, stupid I know.

02/26/2011

DAVID P.

Excellent customer service during initial call and arrangements to have car towed, assessed and repaired. Good easy to reach consultants during the work phase - readily given owner's cell phone number so could access as needed. Very committed to doing work that meets customer's expectations along with willingness to acknowledge errors and absorb additional costs, e.g. rental car where needed. These are the positives that outweighed the negatives....along with being a family run business. The negatives, work was not done on date anticipated, significant delay. Upon pick up car did not meet our expectations due to interior stains and clear lack of quality walk through\check for material scraps, dirt and trim misalignment. All of our concerns were promptly responded to, ownership readily accepted responsibility failings and work redone without question...for this reason I see the balance of this rating being positive.

Description of Work
Extensive repairs for major accident to new 2011 Honda Civic, insurance covered with deductible reduced by using preferred provider. Bumper, Front and back quarter panels, misc and side air curtain repaired. In addition, front wheel and lower control arm (?) also replaced.

01/24/2011

Al W.

We were able to communicate well with Tiger's Body shop as we ordered the taillight cover replacement part with them a week in advance. When we got there, they took us right in, installed the part on-the-spot, and had us out in 15-20 minutes, just like they said they would. It was a no-hassle arrangement, and made us feel a lot better despite having damage to our vehicle. The amount they quoted us over the phone was the exact amount they charged to the cent. Thank God, I finally found a body shop I can trust!

Description of Work
We had a broken tail light cover replaced.

11/05/2010

SANDRA S.

From my initial telephone contact they were helpful in describing the porocess to bring it in for an estimate. It is actually my college studets car.I checkd with another place for an estimate but Tiger had a much fairer ptice.Left it there for 3 days and it was readt when promised. They did a great job and even cleaned the interior which was not expected. Also I always like to deal with a family business because they take pride v in the business.The owners are a pleasure to deal with.Overall a outstanding experience.

Description of Work
Front bumper was damaged in a garage.Also left fender was stating to rust from a prior problem in the past.Car is a honda cvr.Decided to get them both repaired.

11/03/2010

Marc A.

Tiger was recommended by my insurance company (Ameriprise). I had $100 taken off of my deductible because I used them. They were very professional and prompt in getting me a quote on the work and worked directly with my insurance company. I had requested a separate quote to repair and paint my rear bumper. It was going to cost more than I wanted to spend to repair the rear bumper, so I told them not to do that work. They repaired my damage that was included on my insurance claim and to my surprise also repainted my rear bumper for no cost. The front bumper and fender look as good as new and the rear bumper looks much better than before. I would definitely go back and will recommend them to all my friends.

Description of Work
Repair of front bumper and fender, after an accident.

07/07/2010

Thomas G.

The estimate process was easy - you can just show up and they will give you an estimate, no need for an appointment. They have good hours - open early in the mornings and on Saturdays for us working folks. And, it is right by the Addison brown line stop so very easy to get to. The work was done quickly and for less than the estimated cost. Our car looks beautiful. Everyone we dealt with there was professional and courteous. This is my second time using Tiger's and we were just as happy with the work and price this time around. While I hope we do not have any more accidents, if we do we will definitely take our car to Tiger's.

Description of Work
Tiger's repaired the driver's side of our BMW X3 where we had scraped against a cement barrier trying to pull into a parking spot.

05/28/2010

LINDA J.

The front bumper cover on my car was almost completely disconnected. I had to have my car towed to Tiger's because part of the bumper cover was resting on one of the front tires. They took my car in and fixed it right away. I was so relieved that I wouldn't have to rent a car! The work was done in 30-40 minutes.

Description of Work
They screwed or bolted my front bumper cover back on and did the same for part of my back bumper cover.

12/12/2009

Peter S.

This was mostly an insurance job. The work took a day longer than first estimate, but partly that's because slightly more work was needed than was included on the original insurance estimate, as well as a couple other odds and ends not related to the accident. There were a couple undotted i's I found after taking the car come (as happens anywhere from time-to-time), but they fixed those without additional charges as soon as I had an opportunity to bring it back in. The paint match on the new parts was perfect. From the memorabilia in the office, it's clear the owners are very proud of their family-run business.

Description of Work
Replaced front bumper, headlight assembly, and did a couple other minor repairs.

04/24/2009

Ron C.

No problems. My daughter said they were very professional and had the car completed on time.

Description of Work
Repaired the rt rear fender and bumper on my daughter's BMW.

05/31/2008

James D.

They where very friendly when I was there. They where very professional about the job. They had stuck to the estimate they had gave me when I went in there.

Description of Work
They had fixed the whole side of my car for me when I took it there.

10/04/2006

ARON B.

Quickly provided me with the estimate that I needed. Since the cost of the repairs exceeded the value of the car, the insurance company decided there was no point to having the repairs done, and just totaled me out.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for a substantial amount of damage to my car after a moving van ripped it open. ($3,400.00)

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

America's Backyard Fencing & Decking

At America’s Backyard we understand the value that is placed on your family's outdoor enjoyment, that is why our team of professionals takes the time to understand your vision and needs for enhancing your backyard.Whether it is a fence or deck, we guide you through our process of installation and materials used. We discuss all options with you to make sure you are purchasing exactly what you want and need.

Auto Body Work
    Auto Painting
    Auto Glass
    Auto Service
    Auto Detailing

Auto collision repairs painting unibody straightening to all foreign and domestic cars vans crossovers suv and small trucks

Non accident related mechanical work. But we can provide great refurals