Elite Home Theater

Founded 2011 • With Angi since October 2011

1016 W Jackson Blvd

Chicago, IL 60607

Elite Home Theater is a home automation company specializing in residential and commercial audio video solutions. Our goal is serving our customers to the best of our abilities. While providing them with a world class home automation installation service. For a free estimate feel free to call us.

01/05/2021

Mitch L.

I reached out to Elite Home Theater via yelp and Samuel got back to me within 10 min. He was able to come the next day and did a great job! Very courteous and friendly. Highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Mounting bedroom flatscreen TV.

12/01/2020

Craig H.

Samuel and his crew at Elite Home Theatre are outstanding! We've had the pleasure to have hired them twice and each time came away loving the experience. He and his crew are knowledgeable, fast, and a professional, taking time to explain what they're doing so you know what's been setup once they're done. Both times we were able to schedule his service within a day or two and each time the final install was outstanding for both visual and audio output, at a price at or below any of his competitors. To top it off, he brought superior hardware to the job, installing higher quality brackets than competitors without added cost. We highly recommend him as one of the best local businesses with which we've worked (and can't wait to work with again)!

Description of Work
We had two TV installs that needed to be done: an initial install of a 60" over a fireplace followed by a second install of TV with surround sound theater.

11/21/2020

Hanatu W.

I had the opportunity to see the work done by this company so I had them mount 3 televisions and install a sound bar. The professionalism was great, the prices were affordable and my new home has an awesome new entertainment look. Thank you Elite Home Theatre! I'm a very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
television mounting

10/31/2020

C. D.

I first hired Elite Home Theater in late 2016 and I've been asking them back ever since. Samuel & Co. first installed a basic Luxul system because that's what we could do on our budget. But he urged me to upgrade to a mesh system when I could afford it and I'm glad I did. Even though it's a little more expensive, it has been "bullet proof," meaning we can get coverage everywhere in the house, it's secure, and it hasn't gone down once in the past three years. I can't imagine everyone homeschooling, streaming, and videoconferencing all at once without Samuel's recommendation. Elite has been responsive, honest, and puts their customers first.

Description of Work
Internet Installation

Category internet service

10/21/2020

Gloria C.

We have worked with Samuel and Elite Home Theatre for almost 10 years and have never been disappointed with his recommendations, estimates or his quality of work. We trust him implicitly. He is always prompt and if delayed will contact us to update his arrival time. He comes prepared to work and completes his tasks with minimal disruptions, unless he needs our input for something specific. I can’t think of a more conscientious or dedicated contractor. His costs are not exorbitant but he is well worth his fees. You will not be disappointed if you contract with Elite Home Theatre.

Description of Work
On the 1st visit, install and mount tv, remount home theatre system speakers, reconfigure home theatre system to new tv, reprogram harmony remote. We contracted with him to replace home theatre system on his subsequent visit due to our system being outdated and not able to access a lot of the smart tv features including 4K, which has now been completed as well. One more step to go, our subwoofer has now went out and he will be returning again to replace it.

07/10/2020

josh A.

Amazing service. Called to setup an appointment and they came out the same day. Mounted Tv, and soundbar. Hid the cables (ignore the cables on the dresser, haven't tucked them away yet). Looks so clean. Very friendly, professional. practiced social distancing, and wore masks. Very quick service. Easy to pay online. Definitely going to use you guys again for next job! Thanks - Josh

Description of Work
Mount TV and Soundbar

07/05/2020

Eric D.

Great. Samuel was very responsive and easy to work with. Got the work done on schedule and put together everything we needed. Love my TV's and my Sonos!

Description of Work
Full basement video and audio, main family remove video and audio

03/18/2019

ZIJAH K.

Same company 2 times did repairs with timely and professional manner

Description of Work
Repair TV - projector set

09/14/2018

Matt P.

I’m old enough to remember when men stood by their hard work and respected their paying customers. Sam Graves and his crew installed a wall mount in my apartment a few months ago. Yesterday morning I woke up to find our tv laying on the floor and the screen completely smashed. The mount literally pulled out of the wall from the weight of the tv. Wrong sized mount? Poor installation? Who knows. But I imagine the installer would be responsible for fixing this as they have a warrenty. Now I have a smashed 55” tv on my floor and giant holes in my wall and NO actual response from Sam when I asked what he can do to fix it. I have called him over 20 times in 2 days, left several voice messages and have been texting him since 7:30AM yesterday. His only (text) replies? “I’ll call you at noon to get this issue resolved”. When he didnt call, he texted “excuse the delay I’ll connect with you ASAP”. That was 9 hours after his original reply. I originally called him at 7:30AM over 24 hours ago and havent heard from him. He has shared no information about what he will do to fix this. He is now ending my calls immediately, clearly ignoring me. This could have been a much better review if Sam Graves had been responsive to this crisis and rectified it swiftly. Still waiting to hear something, ANYTHING, from this company on what they will do to fix this mess. We (and they) are incredibly lucky my 3 year old wasn’t playing near the tv when it fell. I expect much more from a company that charges professional prices. This is a horrible situation to be in. I now have to replace the tv on my own. I have to find a new installer to fix the wall. Im out the $350 for his failed installation and likely out hundreds more dollars out of my own pocket for his neglect to honor his warranty and stand by his work. My only course of action is filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General Consumer Protection Department. This is a huge mess. I regret hiring Sam Graves and his Company.

Description of Work
Mounting a 55” flat screen on my wall that fell and smashed my tv.

04/26/2018

Vicki F.

It was great. They had installed the original system. We made some upgrades to speakers. They were prompt, thorough, and very professional. I would recommend them to anyone!!!!

Description of Work
When a huge tree fell on our house, Elite came and helped us set up a temporary entertainment area, while the repairs were being done. When the construction was complete, they came back and reinstalled the system and investigated and solved some issues caused by the construction.

04/18/2018

Hughes T.

These guys are just good. No fussing about the defective part which was an expensive part; they notified the manufacturer who immediately shipped a new part and Elite scheduled a date/time to replace the defective part. It was done professionally and in a timely fashion and at no cost to me. I will continue to use this superb service company. You cannot go wrong!

Description of Work
I had used Elite Home Theater to install a superb Sony theater system in my new condo last June. A part under warranty quit working. Almost a year later after notifying Elite Home Theater they were back out to repair/replace the defective part.

03/31/2018

LaKisha P.

Samuel and his colleague did a fabulous job! They were Personable, punctual, professional and finished quickly. We definitely look forward to hiring them for some future work.

Description of Work
75 inch TV mounted in basement

02/07/2018

Travis M.

A big thanks to Elite Home Theater for installing the sound system in our office. The work was done quickly and professionally. Three months after the work was done, I screwed up some of the settings and they were extremely prompt in troubleshooting my mistake, no questions asked (other than the questions they needed to ask to figure out what the **** I screwed up).

Description of Work
Installed a sound system

11/01/2017

Jennifer A.

The team was on time, very courteous and cleaned up after themselves. They were very responsive which I personally appreciate. They responded to my request and started work in a day or so. Both TVs look great!

Description of Work
Moving two electrical outlets and mounting two TVs

10/26/2017

Jose Q.

Great service and attention to detail

Description of Work
Installed wall mounted television.

10/24/2017

Michael W.

The installation went extremely well.

Description of Work
My home theater audio system was connected utilizing existing and new audio/video equipment.

09/22/2017

Patrick S.

Samuel was very responsive and excellent to work with. I have used other Angies List "A" installers before but they were more expensive than Samuel and he did a nicer job. He is very knowledgeable in the field and his recommendations saved me money without skimping on quality. I am glad I used him this time and would use him again in the future

Description of Work
Installation of a 4K home theater system

07/31/2017

Robert S.

Samuel was great. He was responsive to communications and offered a very competitive price for work and services that I needed. He even included an Angie's list discount. This was a complicated combination install and re-purposing of existing AV gear. I was skeptical that it could be done, but he proved me wrong. I didn't need any new equipment and he did not try to sell me any. We are using him again for another install.

Description of Work
Set up New 4K Video and TV. Realigned my home theater and remote controls

06/30/2017

Hughes T.

It went extremely well with few minor hiccups. Sam and his principal colleague did a terrific job installing a brand new state of the art entertainment system in my newly purchased condo. He assisted me in selecting the product lines by making sound recommendations which I accepted. I cannot complain, we went with the new Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED flatscreen TV, with Yamaha dual zone receiver and SpeakerCraft in ceiling mounted speakers. It is the bomb system, with whole house sound. Sam's recommendations were spot on. We had a few minor glitches which he promptly addressed and resolved. Superb customer service, excellent technical expertise...true professionalism and fair and competitive pricing. I highly recommend his services and would not hesitate to use him again. You cannot go wrong with Elite.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of new home theater system in newly constructed condo.

05/09/2017

Chris K.

It went very well. I needed an articulating wall mount because of limited options on placement within the room. My main concern was, being an old house, the wall studs had non-standard spacing. Also the wall was modified from the original so I had no idea what the configuration of the studs might be. Samuel was responsive to my concerns and answered all of my questions. I also asked for suggestions on stereo systems and options to have music and speakers in other rooms of the house. He offered many suggestions and directed us to a possible solution. The experience could not have gone any better.

Description of Work
mount 49" tv on wall

04/26/2017

Tom S.

Great service and professionalism. Samuel and team were a pleasure to work with. Samuel was very consultative in his approach and even saved us $250-400 on his recommendations.

Description of Work
Terminate wiring conceal in wall Install wall plates Add 2 electrical outlets Test tone all wire (ethernet and speaker wires) whole house. Wall Plates 6 ports with keystone inserts Terminating wiring ports Connecting all equipment and speaker who house system

Category handyman service, home theater design, home automation

04/23/2017

LESLIE E.

We initially set up an date and time for an appointment but he did not show or call to reschedule. i reached out to him and he quickly responded with an explanation. I was hesitant to reschedule because I thought he was inconsiderate of my time. I thought better of it because of his excellent reviews and asked to reschedule for another date and time. Samuel was punctual for the appointment. He explained what he was going to do, the equipment he was going to install, and asked my opinion prior to installing the mount and hanging the TV. Samuel was very professional and cleaned the work area after he was done. I would definitely rehire him in the future.

Description of Work
Samuel mounted my bedroom TV and installed a shelf for my cable box and blu-ray player.

02/22/2017

Burchell L.

It was okay. I had two holes in the wall left after he left my home. Nothing stood out. They should understand what the job entails. I wasn't convinced that he really knew what he was supposed to do.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Elite Home Theater. They wall mounted two televisions.

01/03/2017

Anne L.

Samuel and Dan were great and professional. Completed job in good time and was efficient. They were both knowledgeable about AV and personable. Samuel, the owner, is very nice and has a great memory and always remembers who I am when I called him and I called quite often. Even after several weeks post job he still remembered me and what he did. My cable went out then and I called Samuel, he took the time to come out to my home to fix the issue with no charge or complaint. I would use them again when I'm ready to upgrade my sound systems.

Description of Work
Mounted 3 large smart TVs (55"+), set up new sound speakers, set up Sonos to sync music to whole home

Category home theater design, home automation

12/13/2016

Danielle P.

We originally had another company, Fromer, come out but the guy tried to upsell us to a much more expensive system and then completely blew us off for months when we didn't want to go that route. Totally unprofessional. So I went back to the drawing board and found Elite on Angie's list. We knew immediately when we met Samuel that we were hiring him. He was professional, friendly, went out of his way to accommodate our schedule, and was very honest. His price was very competitive for the projector we bought directly from him. He didn't try to oversell us on anything like Fromer did, and he recommended an absolutely perfect projector for us, which we are in love with. The projector was on backorder, but he gave us frequent updates on it's status, and continued to search for alternative solutions in case we got too anxious waiting. I can't recommend him highly enough. He did not make us feel like our job was too small, or that he was in a hurry or anything. He really listened to us what was and wasn't important to us in home theatre, and most importantly, he clearly valued honesty and integrity very highly. We already recommended him to our neighbor.

Description of Work
when we bought our house, the owner left wiring for a home theatre and told us it had to be a Bose system. We bought a Bose system from Costco but needed help installing it. We also wanted to replace the projector in the basement that the owner had left.