All-Pro Construction & Landscape

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2011

3.8

10 Bunker Hill Rd

Belleville, IL 62221

Big or Small, We Do It All! Servicing the entire metro area.We will work with you to fulfill all of your needs. No job is too small or too big for us. We are family owned and operated as well as highly educated with univeristy degrees. We take pride in our work and strive to provide the best

06/02/2015

Fred H.

Work was to begin 23 June 2013 and was not completed until December 2013. Owner Sessions kept promising he would start soon; after each "start date" he provided numerous excuses to include that he was back logged because of weather conditions--lots of rain; however a check of meteorology conditions during his "excuses" period proved that to be a fallacy. Sessions did not respond to certified letters; he did leave telephone messages and a different excuse each time. An attorney was consulted and advised that it would cost 1500$ to file in small claims court; and advised to allow sessions to do the work and then sue him if the work was not satisfactory. He was reported to the BBB with no resolution. He said he could or would not return the money because he had purchased materials for the work; however he would not deliver the materials as requested.... purchasing materials without approval was a violation of the contract.. The work was done by a subcontractor (TNT Landscaping). Sessions requested the check to made out to him and not the company--All Pro Construction...the check was made out to All Pro Construction and sent to All Pro Construction at the business address... Session's demeanor and conduct was inexcusable...he is far from professional.

Description of Work
Installed retaining walls and constructed a brick patio.

Category landscaping

The client is wrong. The weather was horrible and pushed back the job. If I would of started him when he wanted then he would be dealing with workmanship issues and I'd have to rebuild everything. Yes, I use subs from time to time. It's better to pay extra for a sub. I have a lot of subs instead of employees. My demeanor remained and stayed professional the whole time. I can't control the weather. I am not God!!!!

12/23/2014

Susan K.

Our complaint is with the owner of All-Pro Construction & Landscape. He misrepresented his contract when we discovered the base of one retaining wall was not level. The contract reads ?If the base is not level then a time out will be called and a meeting to discuss the options will happen. This is protocol.? As soon as he learned the base was not level he contacted us and we discussed our cost of the change order over the phone and in person. Each time he assured us that the change order cost would not exceed the agreed price of $1,400 ($1,250 labor + $150 materials). Based on his assurances, we agreed. However, the evening before all the work was completed, he emailed our invoice which showed the change order to be $5,732 ($4,332 over our agreement). We paid $1,886 for the change order, which includes the original change order agreement of $1,400 plus $486 for previously undisclosed materials. But he was not satisfied. He threatened to file a lien on our house if we would not pay the additional undiscussed $3,846. We never agreed to an open-ended time and material change order. We want to resolve this issue with a no balance due invoice.

Description of Work
Rebuild two retaining walls using existing stone and blocks, replace railroad tie staircase with flagstone, and remove tree stump.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

The client is misreprenting the facts. It clearly states in our contract that any change orders will be notified and changed accordingly. The retaining wall we were rebuilding had multiple certification problems that were discovered after we took down the wall and per the contract notified the client of the damages and all the extra work that needed added. I informed them we will follow the Angie's list pricing and will have the total at the end of the project. When I was asked for a ballpark estimate right then I informed [member name removed] that it's obvious that there is at least twice as much time involved and at least twice as much material needed so I would estimate that the wall price will double now. She informed me that she will be keeping track of time as well with me. I said good. The night before the job was to end I sent her over the final invoice. She did not have a problem the whole last day that the guys were working. When they were done I called her to collect final payment and then she started complaining about the extra charges. I sent her the list of hours I detailed from the start of the job and when I asked her for her list to compare she told me she needed more time to put it together. She asked that I give her until the following day to get her numbers together. By this time I had already explained my case with pictures and extra time so I smelt something fishy was about to happen. The next day comes along and I call her that afternoon and she informs me that she doesn't have any hours to compare and she's only going to pay me the original balance plus an extra $1249. I said if that's your position then we'll start from there. I waited to receive payment and started the lein process. I informed the client by certified mail with attached proof of all of our dealings to prove my case of what I was doing and why. Now to respond back to some accusations directly: Yes, I use sub contractors instead of employees. The subs work directly with me and my company only until their term of service is done determined by me. I find that the workmanship is better when you are an owner so it makes for better business. Yes, the job took a month longer than expected because it rained for 3 out of 4 weeks for the first month we were there. If it rains one day not only do I loose that day but I loose the next day for drying out purposes. Fyi: the work conditions were muddy, on dangerous inclines and declines because of slopes. We couldn't use a machine for the half the job because of the extra work created by the landslide with the retaining wall part of the project. No, the contract is not worded with a fix bid only. The contract specifically says once the wall is taken down and it is determined what extra is needed then it will be added accordingly. The conversation [member name removed] refers to is a lie. The conversation was that I would keep track of time and material and will add it accordingly after the job. [member name removed] said she would to but didn't cause she knows that the workforce was there the whole time and she's trying to skip out on paying her landscape bill. No, this was not the first time she was notified of these changes. Like I said, I have every thing detailed and will be more than willing to elaborate on multiple issues. I wouldn't recommend any Angie's list member company doing business with them.

10/08/2014

beth A.

Description of Work
The owner was very eager to give us what we wanted but seems like once he got the down payment he kept putting the job off saying he would start in 2 weeks, 2 weeks came and went with no call. we had to keep nagging him to get the job started..... not sure if he overbooked himself or what. had two retainer walls built and a deck. work was ok but found later down the line that his prices were on the high end.

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping

The job was pushed back do to the weather. I can not control the weather. The projects must be installed at the approved conditions based on manufacturer warranty and workmanship warranty. I don't like to rush projects when the weather doesn't allow for it. The price was the industry average for a project of this size. The homeowner was given updates regularly and I always responded back within one business day after a message was left on voicemail. Call or email with any further questions and I can elaborate further anytime. Thanks Bill Session All-Pro

06/23/2014

S Bernadette J.

Description of Work
Deck washing and staining.

Category landscaping, deck cleaning

05/15/2014

Kenneth S.

Description of Work
Deck, concrete, retaining walls. Grade work. Excuses, poor work, took way too long to finish work.

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping

I thought I had already responded to this but just in case I haven't I would like to clarify. This job was contracted over the winter and the weather conditions were so bad during January and February that I would of never of tried to get started but the homeowner was very persistent about starting asap despite being warned about work related issues. Hence problems were created. I can be reached anytime to give further details Thanks

05/14/2014

Elizabeth S.

Description of Work
I requested a quote for repair of my lawn that was badly damaged by incorrectly applied chemicals. They called quickly. I explained the extent of the problem. I was quoted a price over the phone and told that when they came out if their estimate was correct I would only then sign off. Otherwise, I would be give a corrected quote. I could not afford the price at the time so I did not accept their offer, but they were very professional and polite over the phone.

05/04/2014

Jean E P.

Owner Bill Session provided both a cost and time estimate during his initial visit. He provided a general scheduling timeframe, dependent upon weather. When Bill and I met to discuss this project, he advised that he was scheduling approximately three weeks out. I received one day's notice on the project start date and work was completed in two days, consistent with Bill's initial estimate. All work was completed as specified and the clean up included a power wash of my driveway to remove the dirt that accumulated from the project. Overall, I am happy with the end result and the only improvement I would add to the process is perhaps a little more lead time on the actual start date notification. I appreciate the fact that weather makes scheduling a challenge for landscapers but getting just one day's notice created a bit of a challenge for me to make certain I could be home both days that the All-Pro crew was onsite. A heads up when the project start date appeared to be about one week out, weather permitting, would have been great. I liked the fact that Bill agreed to carve out the plant purchase from his estimate allowing me to pick the plants I wanted from the nursery of my choice. Based on other landscaping projects I've had done, All-Pro's price was extremely reasonable. I did not get any additional bids on this project.

Description of Work
A landscaping project that involved extending an existing rockbed further into the backyard and with one elevation transition using pavers to create a small flower bed. All-Pro planted several flowers and shrubs as well.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

08/27/2013

Steve C.

We went with All-Pro because we liked dealing directly with the owner of the company. The owner promised that his job wasn't done until we were happy ... he ended up being true to his word. All Pro uses sub-contractors, so make sure you ask about the knowledge & experience of the sub-contractor that will be assigned to your project. The crew for the original sub-contractor worked very hard in very hot weather, but did not have the knowledge or experience to build retaining walls or paver patios. The walls were built incorrectly and leaned too much, and the pavers in the patio were not even ... there were many hills & valleys, plus the sand lock was put on incorrectly. I had expressed concerns & asked questions through the process, but was told it would be correct. I had kept the owner in the loop as well. When the work was done I was not happy at all with the quality & called the All-Pro owner out & showed him what the issues were. I had everything documented & showed him the flaws with the patio & the walls - he agreed that the work was sub-standard and that it would be re-done. He then assigned a new sub-contractor to the project & the walls were taken down & the pavers pulled up, all obviously at his expense. The new crew was excellent with the retaining walls - were able to quickly come in and correct some design flaws from the original installation. In a very short time they had taken the existing walls down & re-built the new ones correctly. The patio was a little more difficult - it was a relatively large patio (over 600 square feet) ... I had expressed my concern about it and asked if it would be constructed using screed boards/pipes to ensure that the grade would be consistent. I was told they'd use a 2'X4' and get the same results. Unfortunately when the patio was done there were still high & low spots. They spent a good amount of time lowering & raising the pavers ... it is better than it was & while acceptable, there are definitely some noticeable areas that are not even. The 2nd crew then did an excellent job cleaning up the property & grading the yard & laying down the grass seed. So bottom-line is that All-Pro paid 2 sub-contractors to do the work, so the owner was true to his word that the project wouldn't be complete until we were happy. Two things ... again make sure to ask about the experience & knowledge of the crew that will be assigned to your project. Second ... if you are going to have a patio built with pavers, insist that the pavers be installed completely even with the proper grade ... suggest that they use screeding boards/pipes.

Description of Work
Removed existing concrete retaining walls & patio, then built new block retaining walls and installed new patio with pavers.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

08/30/2012

Jim P.

They are very professional. Right now we are just debating on what exactly we will have them do. Most likely we will be using them in September.

Description of Work
They quoted us on about 5 or 6 different things.

08/06/2012

Timothy C.

They were on time, and they were fast.

Description of Work
I used All-Pro Construction & Landscape last March.

06/29/2012

Stephen S.

Overall, the company is outstanding. Their crew was very professional and are very trustworthy to complete the work you ask. They were responsive to last minute changes and worked very well with the other contractors we had on the entire project. I would recommend this company to anyone. I first called the owner of the company and he made arrangements to meet at the house the very next day. He sent one of his foremen, who happens to be his brother, to take measurements and get an idea of the scope of the project. I had an estimate that night! It was very fair and I accepted the offer. Due to the nature of our project, it was uncertain exactly when they would be needed to start. They were very flexible and got started as soon as they were needed and even worked over a weekend due to the other contractors schedules. I can't say how much we appreciated that. They came back to finish after the other contractors were done with their parts and I can't be thankful enough for All-Pro's help. They made our project the success it was. Thanks guys!!

Description of Work
All-Pro built a retaining wall for our new pool and filled in the area behind the wall with rock in order to prepare it for concrete. They also prepared my lawn for sod, repaired our deck, and prepped a small area for a brick paver pad.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, deck cleaning, hardscaping, swimming pools

08/09/2011

Michael L.

They did an excellent job. They were on time and completed the job when they said they would. They were polite and professional. And, they were able to accommodate our tight schedule. We definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced an old and damaged fence

Category fencing, landscaping

04/18/2011

Sara M.

That job went very well. They were prompt and the owner was very happy to work with me on the price. They were very courteous and respectful and the work was done in a timely manner. The work was professional done. I spent about $ 6000 for the landscaping and the fence.

Description of Work
I used All-Pro Outdoor Services last June for landscaping and a fence to keep the children in.

Category fencing, landscaping

CB General Contracting LLC

concrete installation

Helitech Waterproofing and Foundation Repair

Helitech is a family, locally-owned specialty contractor that provides waterproofing, foundation repair, & concrete repair services to homeowners across a 4 state region. Services include basement & crawlspace waterproofing & encapsulation, complete foundation repair - piering, wall anchoring, & crack repair, as well as concrete leveling / mudjacking, dehumidifiers, sump pumps, & yard drainage. We service Illinois, Missouri, Southeast Iowa, and Western Kentucky. Our Helitech Promise is to provide the highest quality products and finest service and to stand by our work for the life of your home. We have been serving the area for 5 decades strong and our longevity speaks to our reliability and commitment to excellence.

Foundation Recovery Systems

Foundation Recovery Systems, founded in 1992, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Kansas City, Moberly, Springfield, and St Louis. Foundation Recovery Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Award 2022
    Offers by Foundation Recovery Systems on Angi

Concrete – Leveling, Pouring, Stamped & Decorative. Decks. Driveways. Fencing. Hauling. Landscaping. Lawn & Yard Work. Patios. Pools. Remodeling – Basements, Kitchen & Bathrooms