CWG Construction

Founded 1988 • With Angi since May 2011

We’re building dreams and remodeling futures. If you're thinking of building a home or remodeling your current home, please read on. You're going to love working with us! Providing Excellent Service, we are proudly serving the Metro Atlanta area with our dedicated and professional crews of carpenters, roofers, plumbers, electricians, painters, and superintendents. We strive for perfection - and our goal is to achieve the highest level of customer service. By choosing CWG Construction, you are choosing top-notch customer service experts to facilitate and help guide you through the process building or remodeling your home. CWG Construction is a remodeling contractor specializing in bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling and home additions in the North and Northwest Atlanta area. With 20+ years of home building and remodeling experience, CWG has the experience to help with almost any project a homeowner can imagine. We especially enjoy bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, basement remodeling, window and door replacement, window defogging, siding and roofing in Marietta, East Cobb, Roswell, Kennesaw and Dunwoody. As a Georgia licensed residential and light commercial contractor, our president Gurdon Counts, has the knowledge and ability to complete your project with unequaled quality and craftsmanship. We pride ourselves in paying close attention to details - not only to the construction details, but also to our clients' time and budget. Through our sister company, CWG Installations, we also offer roof installation, open and closed cell foam insulation, blown and batt insulation, energy efficient windows, siding replacement, painting, hardwood floors, tile, gutters, gutter covers and so much more in Alpharetta, Woodstock, Powder Springs, Atlanta, Buckhead, West Cobb and North Fulton County. With CWG, you can count on a positive remodeling experience at a reasonable price. We look forward to being your partner and helping make your dreams come true....

A Service Provider's profile image

+26 more images

home remodeling (29)siding companies (10)cabinet makers (10)woodworking (9)roofing (9)gutter repair (8)window replacement (7)basement remodeling (6)door installation (6)flooring (6)insulation (4)decks & porches (3)

04/02/2021

Jennifer A.

Gurdon is incredibly responsive and easy to work with. He went above and beyond on multiple occasions to make sure our job was running as it should. We had some delays that were out of his control, but he did what he could to make up time in other areas. We have a beautiful new kitchen and we are really happy with how it turned out!

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

11/11/2020

andrew B.

All final work we were very happy and the pricing was very fair.

Description of Work
CWG has done several jobs for me: (1) rebuilt a wall replacing French doors with large windows, (2) demo and rebuilt interior basement wall to reconfigure the rooms, (3) removed and replaced hardwood floors on the main as well as vinyl flooring in the basement, (4) exterior deck repair and (5) minor exterior roof and trim repair.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

10/29/2020

Debbie S.

We chose CWG after reviewing a few other professional design plans and estimates for the project. CWG had best vision for the space and the costs were reasonable and up front. Gurdon pays attention to detail and was easy to work with. His contractors were knowledgeable and friendly. His cabinet maker was excellent. We have gotten lots of compliments on the new bathroom. It looks like the kind in design magazines. We are pleased with the outcome and hired CWG to do other work for us. For construction and remodel needs CWG will be my first call.

Description of Work
Redesign & remodel of master bathroom

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

10/29/2020

Marilyn T.

I feel bad writing a bad review, but the project did not go well and I can’t recommend them. The project took four months and there were several mistakes made that required repeat visits. In the end I was asked to find another company to complete the last step as CWG could not do it.

Description of Work
Bath remodel

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

10/26/2020

Rebekah P.

CWG Construction has performed several major house renovations to include complete kitchen (x2) and master suite and bath renovations (including design), complete basement remodel (including design) and less extensive bath and tile renovations. Every job has been excellently performed with minimal involvement from us. This is the reason we keep coming back.

Description of Work
CWG Construction has done several major house renovations for us

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

10/26/2020

Juan P.

Great work! Gurdon's team is very professional. They are very honest and do really beautiful work. They are also flexible and take great care to give you exactly what you've asked for with good attention to detail. The materials are of excellent quality. The new flooring is pretty. New cabinets and granite. All new electrical and all new plumbing. Our bay window looks gorgeous and the kitchen is lovely. It is so much more open and bright now. Updated and fresh - we are very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodeling, opened wall, moved sink and built a gorgeous bay window bench.

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, gutter repair, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

Rebecca C.

Gurdon and his crew did an exceptional job in both design and execution. They friend a party basement into an urban retreat for my mother, I tell everyone the basement is the nicest part of our house!

Description of Work
Basement remodel including a kitchen area.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

Jeffrey P.

Smoothly. Quality work with solid recommendations and proactive "touches" to improve the final product. Cost was what he told us up front.

Description of Work
Construction renovation including kitchen, bathroom, exterior.

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Fred M.

Gurdon Counts and his crew are very experienced professionals and did an excellent job. They performed the work on time and under budget They are creative and good problem solvers My wife and I wish we would have hired him years ago as we enjoy our new kitchen every day I am a Registered Architect and Commercial General Contractor, and highly recommend Gurdon and his team at CWG Construction!

Description of Work
Kitchen and entrance vestibule and laundry room

Category custom cabinets, decks, flooring contractor, garage doors, gutter repair, insulation, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

David S.

Gurdon put my vision to life and remodeled my kitchen and bathroom. He was great at giving ideas and providing his insight. Ultimately I'm happy with the results and would hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

10/20/2020

candi K.

CWG was amazing! Gurdon was very responsive and helped us achieve our goal of having a beautiful forever home. He took the time to view our vision board and gave us multiple recommendations on how to bring it all to life at a reasonable cost. Thanks again, Gurdon!!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category custom cabinets, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

10/19/2020

Brook S.

Excellent. Very responsive, with a number of various skilled craftsmen to do everything from vinyl plank flooring, carpentry, trim, to exterior concrete and brickwork repairs and paint/stain. CWG Construction is very knowledgeable about building codes as well as helping make judgements on how to best address home issues without going overboard on costs. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Flooring and various interior/exterior items to prepare house for sale

Category custom cabinets, decks, flooring contractor, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

08/03/2020

Sherry S.

Excellent work. Gurton sent outstanding craftsmen for each segment of the remodel. The work was done quickly and efficiently. Love my new kitchen.

Description of Work
Master bath remodeled 6 years ago. Kitchen countertop, backsplash, sink, faucet, Cooktop and microwave replaced.

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

Review for CWG Construction - 1860 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, GA - 38769987

07/22/2020

B H.

Great work done by Gurdon and his team. Good communication, friendly workers, quality work. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Vaulted Ceiling, Floor Leveling, Removal of Fireplace

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

10/29/2019

Jerry U.

The persons working for CWG are top-flight. The carpenter who installed the windows is one of the nicest human beings I have met!

Description of Work
Replacement windows throughout the entire house

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. Joe really is a nice person.

10/28/2019

Charlene S.

Great experience working with CWG Construction. They were very Detail oriented, giving me many options for new cabinets and easy to work with during the whole kitchen remodel. They helped me get my Dream Kitchen! The time frame to complete the project was exactly what they quoted and the price was exactly what they quoted. I would recommend CWG Construction to anyone wanting a Kitchen Renovation!

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I'm so glad you're happy with the kitchen.

10/25/2019

Jon C.

Demo, drywall including ceiling,electrical, plumbing, refinish floors, enlarge pass-through to den, granite countertops and tile backsplash, new cabinets. Work was done on time and on budget with professionalism and good communication between me, contractor and subs. I would highly recommend them and use them again if need arises.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. The kitchen is beautiful - especially decorated with your Italian pottery.

10/04/2019

B H.

Great work. Fast, punctual and excellent focus on detail. Cleaned up after all work and easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
Kitchen, vaulted ceiling, floor support

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thanks much. I really like the [Member Information Removed] the ceiling opened up.

10/02/2019

Debbie R.

The kitchen remodel went as planned. Timeline was discussed prior to us beginning the project. We were kept updated on all aspects of the work. Very responsive to any tweaks that were needed and answered all calls and texts.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. I hope you are enjoying the kitchen and new island.

09/21/2019

Tori C.

The structural engineer I used to look at our basement recommended Gurdon to do a small job for me and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t have enough good things to say about Gurdon and his guys! He was very patient as I pulled permits on my own, and had me on his scheldule as soon as we were ready, actually coming out to do the work earlier than promised! He was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. The best part is he ended up charging me LESS than originally discussed... talk about honest work! Good, honest contractors who produce quality work are hard to come by and I’m glad I found Gurdon.

Description of Work
Foundation Reinforcment

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you.

05/16/2019

Rajesh S.

Called them to discuss and work on above project. The owner turned up the same day, discussed and promised to return with project estimates after couple of days being away from town but never did. Texted him couple of weeks later to confirm if he was back and willing but again no acknowledgement. Never thought that a business with such good ratings would have such disregard for a prospective new customer.

Description of Work
kitchen remodeling

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

02/22/2018

andrew S.

Amazingly friendly tradesman (Mitch) and owner (Gurdon). I had a small project compared to the typically project size for this firm, but lucky me I got top quailty results for doing work in the off-season (January). Gurdon was gracious when accepting my job and the unusual terms (I did the demo and painting to meet MY budget). Mitch did an exceptional job laying absolutely perfect tile and it was a very easy to mess up pattern. Plus the sub-floor had to be rebuilt. Mitch is really great at conversing and strategizing to keep the project on-track and helping my through the extra little decisions. Everyone was polite, professional, friendly, timely, and flexible. I would hire again in a flash (and I've used 4 contractors in this area, Gurdon is my favorite).

Description of Work
Hall bathroom remode

Work Completed On 02/01/2018