Anchor Heating & Air Conditioning Co Inc

Founded 1971 • With Angi since September 2007

6556 Adair Place

Douglasville, GA 30134

Your most important investments are your family and home. Your home should be comfortable whether in a deep winter freeze or a sweltering Georgia summer. And your comfort should make sense financially. As a family-owned company, we share your desire to keep your family comfortable. With 25 trucks, Anchor is large enough to service your needs, but small enough for personal attention. Just like my father took time to teach me about our business, we will take time to explain your best options. After all, our success stems from your satisfaction. And we know the things that will satisfy you the most. For reasonable pricing, people who do a good job, and equipment that performs and lasts, call Anchor Heating and Air Conditioning. We deliver value. You have my word. Please see our Facebook page for more information: http://www.facebook.com/AnchorHeatingandAirConditioning...

08/13/2020

William G.

Excellent service. Rusty Brown with Anchor is the best HVAC technician I have ever dealt with. Very thorough, and doesn't try to sell you repairs you don't need, unlike the competition.

Description of Work
Installed larger duct work for a warm bedroom, other maintenance service

06/29/2020

LaJuona J.

Very pleased with the service of the air conditioner coils cleaning on June 26, 2020. The customer service was impeccable. Great Company!!. Give them a call for your heating and air service. You won't be disappointed. LJ

Description of Work
Air conditioner coils cleaned

05/15/2018

Leonard F.

I need to revise this review. We initially had a very good experience with Anchor's first visit to our rental property in Douglasville. The technician was very thorough and caring about getting this repair done on a budget. Then when that first repair did not work out as well as we'd hoped, we called in to get the unit fixed again and this call-back started out badly. I even posted a negative review here about the experience. However, shortly after the difficult call with Anchor's customer service department, Hal Kadel (the Customer Service Manager at Anchor) called my wife back and apologized for the difficult call and sent a team back out to make the repair good. They were thorough and repaired the unit and restored it back to full working order and gave us a generous price break on the second repair since the first one hadn't been successful. We are very grateful for a good service manager following up and making sure they did the right thing by their customers. We will be loyal customers for a long time to come.

Description of Work
HVAC system condensing water and not cooling

06/23/2017

Annette A.

Anchor Heating & Air did a repair for me and my experience was absolutely excellent. Before calling Anchor Heating & Air, I had called another company and I got a bad feeling talking with the tech over the phone. I decided to try another company and called Anchor, and thank God I did. Sometimes you just get it right and this was one of those times. Anchor’s technicians are outstanding. Besides their proficient expertise, they explain everything in detail, are professional, courteous, and friendly. Customer service is super great and I can straightforwardly say that Anchor Heating & Air is a company of integrity and trust; emphasis integrity and trust. When my heating and air needs to be replaced Anchor will do the work. I am deeply thankful to have found Anchor. This is a great company, they are exceedingly trustworthy, and they go above and beyond for their customers. Bottom line, when in need of repair or installation of heating & air, call Anchor. You won’t be sorry, in fact, you’ll be really happy you did. Thank you Andre, Danny, and James! Annette in Marietta, GA

Description of Work
Repaired central air conditioner

12/20/2016

kevin N.

I like them a lot. They are really good. I highly recommend them. They left the work area all good.

Description of Work
I use Anchor Heating & Air. They installed a new system.

04/10/2016

Bill D.

First they true professionals from start to finish. They measured and evaluated our home, explained and discussed different systems and their efficiencies. After dealing with two average efficient A/C systems that struggled to cool our home during the hot Georgia summers, we decided to spend a little more and opt up to a Trane 3 ton variable speed system. The increased thermostat communications and programming functions help this system work efficiently. We have had the system about a month now, cooling through very humid weather (something our other systems didn't do well) and heating during those cool mornings. We feel it was a very good choice, hopefully the energy savings will help offset some of the initial cost. The level of service we received from Anchor we exceptional. We had previous experience with their technicians as they kept our older system working as best as it could. This company is customer centric. As the owner of a 20 year old house we have worked with a few of the major A/C companies in the area and some just stink. We are pleased with the service provided by Anchor, everything you would expect, nice new trucks, prompt appointments, technicians that are courteous, very knowledgeable (experience level varies widely from company to company so this is NOT a given) , explain and discuss your options, complete the work on time and most important - to your satisfaction. This company has gone above and beyond more than once to make sure we were completely happy. Anchor being a local company still keeps it's customers as priority. They have grown just large enough to provide true professional service and still maintain a close relationship with each customer. Not an easy feat nowadays. I'd say that I am extremely satisfied with the work that Anchor has provided and would highly recommend this company to any of my friends.

Description of Work
Installation of the Trane XV20i air-conditioning system.

06/28/2015

Ray K.

My 18 year old construction-grade Trane air conditioner died at the height of another sweltering week in Georgia. The salesman, Jordan, came out on Saturday to quote me a price for the replacement. He also left a window unit to help us make it until our new system could be installed. Bright and early Tuesday morning, Bradley and Dakota arrived to install the new systems. They worked diligently in the heat to reroute my ducts from a poor job from my builder. They did a great job. The system cooled the house quickly. I look forward to many years of service my new Trane systems.

Description of Work
They replaced complete heating and cooling systems.

12/30/2014

Robin A.

I was very impressed by the fact that he respected my home and put butties over his shoes. Very friendly and informative and a great price.

Description of Work
Performed a winter checkup

11/01/2014

robert G.

As always, that appointment went fine. We have been using this provider for years. In 2005 the distribution fan on our heat pump went out on New Years day and they came within an hour of calling them. They didn't have the part but they came back on the next day and installed a replacement fan. In 2009 when the heat pump totally died, they were the ones who installed the new one.

Description of Work
Regular inspection and cleaning prior to completing sale of the house

01/24/2014

Bob S.

Did an excellent job on the install and left the job clean and tidy. the system works well so far.

Description of Work
installed a new Heat Pump & Air Filtration system.

11/16/2013

Mary W.

About 4 years ago I bought a heat/air unit from Anchor. They were very professional and I was pleased with the work. Recently someone noticed that the return air vent was not sealed. I called Anchor. Barry was very nice, sent a man out to fix the problem and also to fix a problem with the vent on the hot water heater which was the plumber's problem not Anchor's. I am really pleased with how well they stand behind their product and their work.

Description of Work
Taped and put mastic on return vent and fixed problem with hot water heater that plumber should have done.

10/29/2013

Peggy W.

He did a great job, checked all the units for me, found out what the issue was, put in new filters and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Doug fixed the drain line that came loose from the HVAC.

08/19/2013

Carlton C.

I was very pleased with them. They had the lowest bid and they did a fantastic job. It was 3 brothers. They were very knowledgeable. They told me that the old system had been completely done incorrectly so they put in a new return and supply line. Everything has been wonderful.

Description of Work
I used Anchor Heating & Air Conditioning to put in a whole new Trane system upstairs and downstairs. They took out the old system that was installed by the contractor that had been there for 20 years.

03/15/2013

Tumeca L.

Alan came out to determine what the problem in my furnance was...turned out it was the blower wheel. He did'nt have the part with him, so he had to order it and come back to finish the repair. It did'nt take long at all. He was on time and very prfessional. He explained what he was doing from start to finish. I will use this company in the future. Thanks!

Description of Work
Blower wheel in furnance was replaced...there was a funny noise and violant vibration in my back guest bed room and the entire stairwell when the furnance was in use.

02/27/2013

Willene J.

I have had a maintenance agreement with them to service my HVAC unit. I have had them ever since as my maintenance servers. No one has ever noticed this situation. Now that it has been found, they will not take ownership of this. I am not looking for a monetary settlement. I just want to warn people about them.

Description of Work
They put in my HVAC in 2001. They did not run my condensor outside of my home. Instead it went into my crawl space and it created mold.

02/11/2013

Larry G.

The man spent a good amount of time in the hot attic making sure the fan did not leak. He gave us some advice, answered all our questions and gave us our money's worth for the service charge.

Description of Work
The gentleman could have told us we needed all new parts and charged us. Instead he did what was needed and only charged the amount for coming out.

12/20/2012

Marcia H.

The appt. were pre-scheduled and the technician called ahead when he was on his way. The work was done efficiently and they always clean up after themselves. We have utilized their annual maintenance program. It costs about $200/ year which includes 2 visits and a discount on any repairs or replacement. When our central AC failed completely in 2009, Lamar sent a tech over with 2 loaner window units to keep us comfortable until the new unit These folks always put the customer first and we have been very pleased with the service level and responsiveness.They won't always be the cheapest but they are very reliable and competent. We would highly recommend Anchor HVAC.

Description of Work
We had the furnace serviced for winter and the filter changed. They have also replaced our entire HVAC unit in 2009 when the original failed during a heat wave.

09/13/2012

stan S.

We could not have been happier with the HVAC installation process from the initial contact to the final payment. One always hears of all the things that can go wrong during refurbishing projects, but we can't think of a single instance where we looked at each other and said, "uh-oh". We dealt with a total of six employees from Anchor, and I have never dealt with nicer people. We have used Anchor several times over the last 24 years for service calls, but this was the first "big" job, and they came through with flying colors!

Description of Work
We have used the same HVAC system since we had our house built in 1988...needless to say it was in need of replacement. Over the years we have used Anchor for our service needs, and have always found them to be prompt and very knowledgeable. We called them and David Brantley came to our home and went over the various systems available. We had already decided we wanted a TRANE product, as our previous one was a TRANE. David was very professional and knowledgeable about all the products and answered all our questions. He even climbed into our attic to make sure the ducts were not in need of replacement. We decided on the TRANE XL16i unit, and David said he would call the following day and let us know for sure what day they would be installing the unit. He called the next day (Friday) and said his team would be out on Monday morning at 8:30. At 8:25 on Monday morning an Anchor truck was backing into our driveway!! The two gentleman who installed the equipment could not have been nicer, more efficient or better versed in what they were doing. By 4:00 pm their truck was leaving our driveway and we had a modern, efficient until blowing cold air into our house. They also added a return vent in the ceiling of our hallway, replace an overhead vent and a large return vent cover that was old, and secured some ductwork in the attic that was not attached properly.

07/29/2012

Stephen B.

ere is anything we need to be aware of. I can highly recommend Anchor HVAC and I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Our home A/C went out after about ten years of service. Friends of our recommended Anchor Heating and Air in Douglasville, GA so I gave them a call. I spoke with Lamar Pittman who recommended he come out and take a look and what we had and make some recommendations. He arrived exactly at the appointment time and checked both the upstair and downstairs units. We had two-ton units and he recommended we replace the defective unit with a two and a half ton unit. The price was right where I expected it to be after doing my own on-line research so I had him proceed with the replacement. A couple of years later the other old unit went out and I did not hesitate to give Mr. Pittman a call for an estimate to replace the second unit. Again he was prompt and the install went great. We have Anchor HVAC come out in the Spring and Fall to perform annual service on both units and each time the service rep is available to answer any questions and to let us know if th

06/18/2012

Janice G.

They were on time and did the work. There was a problem and they came back immediately. We chose them because our neighbor referred them.

Description of Work
We used Anchor Heating & Air Conditioning Co Inc for replacing both the heat pumps in the air conditioning and heating units.

11/04/2011

Suzanne L.

Unfortunately, while this may have been a legitimate problem, it did not fix the AC. I called them again, and they sent out a tech with no further service charge. This person did discover the real problem, which was a meter that was not working properly on the inside part of the unit. He estimated that the part plus the replacement coolant would be about $1200. They told me they would be willing to to waive the amount we had spent on the wrong repair (basically, put it towards the next repair.) Even so, we thought the cost seemed excessive, and found another company which did it for about $650 total. However, since Anchor correctly diagnosed the problem after three other companies looked at it, we highly recommend them as very competent.

Description of Work
The AC wasn't working properly, and hubby wanted service on a weekend because he couldn't stand to be hot. A tech came out Sunday am very early, and promptly diagnosed what he thought was a problem (there was a sensor that was not attached.)

08/11/2011

Janice G.

They did a great job and were precise. I have even signed a contract with them to service my system every six months. Two guys came and did the repair that was required. They gave me discounts on what was done. They were very detailed in what they were doing.

Description of Work
Anchor Heating & Air Conditioning Co Inc came in February or March to service my air conditioning unit.

05/27/2011

Isaac L.

My decision to use Anchor was based on the sales rep who conducted a detailed analysis of my home to properly size the new system. He also provided me with multiple equipment options covering a wide price range with varying efficiency ratings. The installers were prompt, courteous and professional. The project was completed in one day and was a very good experience overall.

Description of Work
They replaced my old outdated heating and A/C system with a new two stage variable speed gas furnace and energy efficient air conditioner. The installation also included a new programmable thermostat.

09/11/2009

Rubin H.

One was not cooling properly and they put in freon. The other one was working fine and they checked the temp of the air. No guages were hooked up to the second system. No other testing was done on either system.

Description of Work
Cooling system check up on two GeoThermal heat pumps.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The member called our office approximately 2 months prior to this service call. He advised us that he was looking at purchasing a foreclosed home and saw that it had 2 geo-thermal heat pumps in the house. We installed the systems and maintained them regularly for the previous homeowners. He wanted to get information on the operation of the system and our pricing to come out and check the units for proper operation prior to his purchase of the home. Once he had this information, he advised us that he would call back to set up the appointment as he got closer to decision time. He called back and set up an appointment, at which time we sent a factory trained geo-thermal technician to his home. Both systems were checked per manufacturers recommended procedures. One of his units was low on refrigerant and it was added with his approval. The second unit was found to be in good working order and operating within manufacturer’s specs. All geo-thermal manufacturers recommend evaluating air systems using a waterside analysis. Refrigerant gauges are discouraged unless this analysis indicates there is a problem. Attaching gauges to properly working systems is not recommended because of the relatively low volume of refrigerant in the system. The technician also went over in detail the operation of the system at the request of the customer. It was not until the call was completed and the technician left that the member questioned the charges. He was under the impression that the price quoted to evaluate each unit was for both units. He spoke with our office. We apologized if there was any misunderstanding, reviewed the bill and actually made an adjustment in good faith. Anchor has been in business for 38 years and has built its reputation on customer service, quality work, fair pricing, and standing behind what we do. We provided all of the above for him and regret his dissatisfaction. If there is anything we failed to do, we will gladly address it. Hal Kadel Service Manager

03/24/2009

Rudy B.

Anchor was very specific in their quote, it covered all the work performed and there were no unexpected change orders at completion. They removed the old unit, disposed of all demolition materials and cleaned up their work area. The new unit was installed very professionally (I know, because I am a Mechanical Engineer in the construction industry) and they worked very quickly. Anchor's service technicians were very polite, puntual and knowledgable. These guys are real pro's.

Description of Work
Anchor replaced the 3 ton air handler and t-stat at my office. This involved reworking the existing ductwork to match up to the new unit.

Ronald Smith Heating & Air

Ronald Smith Heating & Air has been a proud part of the Lithia Springs community since 1981. We have decades of experience delivering the best possible HVAC services and products to our customers, ensuring that everyone we serve is able to make educated decisions about their home comfort. Making HVAC accessible is our priority, so we combine our commitment to education with our quality products and services at competitive prices. We even offer special financing options for all our customers! Choose Ronald Smith Heating & Air for reliable heating and cooling services in Lithia Springs and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!

Cool Air Mechanical LLC

VOTED BEST HVAC COMPANY by Atlanta Home Improvement magazine. For years, Cool Air Mechanical has been an expert provider of heating, cooling, indoor air quality and water heater services throughout the greater Atlanta region. If you find that it is time to have a new heating or cooling system installed in your home, or if you need someone to take over maintenance for you HVAC system in Atlanta, call us today and learn more about our full range of services. Each of our technicians is chosen based on their ability to provide the utmost in service to each of the customers they visit and they are prepared for nearly any issue that could arise. If you are interested in getting more out of your heating and cooling systems in Atlanta or other surrounding area, give us a call today. Additional website: www.770coolair.com

Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical

**2018, 2017, 2016,2015, 2014, & 2013 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER!** During the past 30 years, Casteel Heating and Cooling has been one of the most respected names in metro Atlanta for heating and air conditioning. Since then we have grown and added a Plumbing and Electrical division with some of the industries best technicians! We are now offering experts in hydro jetting to clear even the worst clogged drains in your commercial or residential property. With over 30,000 5 star and A+reviews, the #1 Plumber in Atlanta as voted by Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine, and having been awarded Top 25 Small Business of the year -7 times in a row, Casteel is your only call to have your home repairs completed in a timely and budget friendly manner by the best! When we say "We'll take Amazing Care of You," we guarantee it! Your Amazing Care continues to our craftsmanship, technician know how, and even to the job clean up. Your home will be left as if we were never there. Knowing that you are a satisfied customer is our top priority and each survey is personally seen and responded to. As one of the top Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical companies in the metro Atlanta area, Casteel is your one and only call for your home service needs.

Offers by Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Full Service HVACR Contractor. Residential Sales and Service. Preventive Maintenance Plans, Residential Replacement and New Construction, Premier Geothermal Dealer, installations, service and maintenance, Full line of accessories including IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) filtration systems, humidification, dehumidification, thermostats and safety items, Full Commercial sales and service, retrofit and new construction, Preventive Maintenance.

Please Inquire