Home Repair Contractors, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2010

**FREE CONSULTATIONS** Home Repair Contractors is a family owned and operated business with over 28 years of expertise in remodeling and construction. Our services include new construction, remodeling with design assistance, and home improvement options. Our goal at Home Repair Contractors is to exceed your expectations with reliable and trustworthy service. We have 28+ years of insurance restoration knowledge. Helping hundreds of Central Florida residents over the years with unfortunate situations get their homes back in order. Home Repair Contractors - "We Build Dreams And Repair Nightmares". You can call us at 352-735-1226 or send us an email at info@HRCincFL.com....

A Service Provider's profile image

+25 more images

Handicapped Assessible Bathroom Remodeling Project

Handicapped Assessible Bathroom Remodeling Project

home remodeling2022
Updated an old style traditional shower into a handicapped assessible shower with the same floor height as the bathroom floor. Made the bathroom usable for the handicapped client by installing a frameless shower door and enclosure, safety grab bar, and shower niche. The final product was a great shower for the client to use without trouble or hassle, HRC is glad to be able to assist clients in making their home the home of their dreams.

home remodeling (5)drywall (1)water damage restoration (7)mold removal (1)

12/02/2020

Brian S.

The project was to knock down a wall and expand my kitchen into an old dining room. Bernie and his team were great to work with. They kept me informed of the status throughout the process, made sure that if there were any issues I was aware of them ahead of time, and completed the work in a timely manner with quality. Bernie responded to any questions or concerns I had quickly, and he was also very careful to stay as close to his quoted price as possible - the only real changes were due to asditional details or materials that I wanted, or problems that had to be resolved with my home's existing electrical service. I am very happy with the results and would hire them again without question.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

09/26/2017

Jeremy G.

Dry-ER was professional and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Assessed water damage. Removed baseboards/carpet, dry/dehumidify.

Work Completed On 08/23/2017

09/19/2017

Judy A V.

Excellent - The company made sure everything was removed that was ruined & did not rush the job of drying out - floors, Drywall - etc.

Description of Work
Dryed out house from water damage of 6860 gallons, inside house

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

09/19/2017

Barbara W.

Bernie was here when promised. Encouraged phone calls for any concerns. Reasonably priced. Very professional. Completed all jobs as promised. Bernie is a nice guy interested in keeping costs down for the client.

Description of Work
After a leak in guest bedroom bathroom pantry, Bernie dried out the carpet, removed vinyl floor in pantry & bath & dried at source of leak & under bedroom carpet.

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

07/21/2017

Elsie C.

They handled the dry-out and the multiple contractors. Very responsive to our questions. They work with the insurance company when there were disagreements. They were great!

Description of Work
Water damage from burst pipes. The cost was expense not covered by insurance.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

03/15/2017

Matthew J.

My dental practice had an emergency last year when our ceiling A/C unit began leaking down the walls and pooling water on the floor. We called them immediately and they arrived within an hour to start taking care of this for us. They brought in some devices to help dry up the water so no mold would grow. The service was EXCELLENT. We were back up and running in no time! I would definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Emergency Water Removal

Work Completed On 11/20/2016

02/22/2017

Robert O.

Went great, contractor and subs best in the area.

Description of Work
Total house remodel

Work Completed On 02/14/2017

02/21/2017

Jo P.

We hired Bernie & crew to remodel our kitchen & laundry room - cabinets, counter tops, flooring & painting walls/ceiling. It went very well. Our kitchen floor, back hallway & laundry room were laid with ceramic tile. We added a ceramic tile back splash in the kitchen that looks terrific. The floors & back splash look terrific. Our plain white kitchen cabinets were torn out & we ordered custom built shaker style/bead board cabinets. (They were also installed in the laundry room.) The cabinets are gorgeous. In the kitchen, we added special features such as a new larger pantry with sliding doors, large deep drawers, slide out under counter space for garbage/recycling and an under cabinet hanging space for skillets. We added laminate counter in the laundry room, it’s just under the new cabinets & perfect for folding laundry.

Description of Work
Kitchen & Laundry room remodeled.

Work Completed On 02/21/2017

Review for Home Repair Contractors, Inc. - 32133 Wolf Branch Ln, Sorrento, FL - 34499640

09/11/2016

Maryellen V.

Description of Work
This is our third time using them. Current job was to remove tub in Guest Bathroom and replace with a tiled shower. Totally satisfied with the job. Bernie knows who the skilled tradesman are.

09/08/2015

Janet B.

Bernie, the owner was there at each step. The painting was excellent, the hard floor instillation was performed by two brothers who are very talented and polite. I could always reach Bernie with any questions. My kitchen and bathroom cabinet is absolutely beautiful. I almost wish I had another house for him to fix up for me.

Description of Work
Paint house inside and out, wood floors installed, new kitchen and bathroom tops

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

03/13/2015

Janet B.

Always responsible answering calls and coming here. We had fans going on for weeks, and he realized we had another leak in the foundation. Another company fixed that and he came back and redid my bathrooms. He also helped me with my insurance company. We're getting ready to re-do my kitchen and I'm going to use him because he was so honest.

Description of Work
We had a leak behind the wall in my master bath going on for years

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/23/2014

01/04/2015

Mark W.

I cannot recommend this company highly enough. My wife and I were immediately impressed with Bernie, the owner, when he came out to give us an estimate. He was courteous, knowledgeable, and more than helpful in responding to our questions. On the day the work was performed, the two men who performed the work were friendly, competent, and actually cleaned up well after themselves. Given how small this job was, I was surprised to see Bernie drop by during the work. This speaks volumes about his concern for the quality of the work his company does and for customer confidence/satisfaction. Bernie also followed up after the work was completed, wanting to know how we felt about the entire process. I plan to use his company again next time I need work done. As a matter of fact, I recently declined a service contract offer on our water heater that I might otherwise have accepted because I would rather deal with Bernie if something goes wrong. I was that impressed.

Description of Work
Installed an excellent aluminum drop-down ladder in our garage, to access the attic. The ladder itself cost $310 and the labor was $295.

Work Completed On 09/13/2014

11/26/2014

Patricia S.

Description of Work
Mold remediation - removal of drywall, baseboards, and closet partitions due to mold; testing for mold; replacement of removed items. The work was done expeditiously and went well.

Category drywall, remodeling, mold removal

Work Completed On 06/04/2014

11/15/2014

Patricia S.

They've done a good job. I've had problems and I wanted to get itemized proposals from them but I had a hard getting my proposals however, the work they have done for me has been very good.

Description of Work
I've used Home Repair Contractors Inc.

01/23/2014

Laurie R.

Sometimes, working with construction companies can be daunting, and scary, but they really made me feel at ease. They were timely, effecient, and professional during every phase of the project. I look forward to doing more business with them, and recomending them again in the future

Description of Work
I had the folks at Home Repair Contractors Inc update our guest bathroom, and completely rebuild our master bathroom, including adding an addition on to our home.

Work Completed On 12/10/2013

09/22/2011

tom M.

so far...ok but we have not seen it yet Having meeting with HRC tonite...Have some issues ti resolve.....Hopefully give good response later

Description of Work
We had major water damage in our home in The Villages Florida in June after we left to return to Michigan. HRC was called after I found them online. They responded within the morning. Although we have not been back and its been three months now we have since hired HRC to do the repairs. So far we have had a good expirence although its been tough doing everything from Michigan. We will have a lot more to report when we return in 4 weeks

Category remodeling, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 06/10/2011

CRC1330727
    Florida
    Florida: General
    08/31/2024

We are actively performing all services and can help with any remodeling or home building project needs.

Please call for more details.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Home Repair Contractors, Inc.

How is Home Repair Contractors, Inc. overall rated?

Home Repair Contractors, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Home Repair Contractors, Inc. open?

Home Repair Contractors, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Home Repair Contractors, Inc. provide

Home Repair Contractors, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, Check

Does Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Home Repair Contractors, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Home Repair Contractors, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Home Repair Contractors, Inc.?

Yes, Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offer?

Home Repair Contractors, Inc. offers the following services: New Construction of Homes, Detached Garages and Home Additions; Complete Home Remodeling and Updating Inside and Out; Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling; Home Additions; Deck and Patio Additions, Design, and Installation