Nutmeg Mechanical Services Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2006

130 Utopia Rd Ste 3

Manchester, CT 06040

Nutmeg Mechanical Services, Inc. has been servicing and installing heating and air conditioning in Connecticut since 1982. We combine extensive technical training with years of on-the-job experience to give you the finest and best designed installations. We service all brands of heating and air conditioning equipment and provide 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week. Our installations have been as diverse as private homes, shopping centers, banks, churches, industrial plants, commercial establishments and offices. Although our company offers the finest and most advanced equipment the industry has to offer, it's the people who really make the difference. Our people share a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality and craftsmanship. That's why our installations always work and look the way our customers want them to. Then we back it up with one of the best service organizations in the industry....

05/27/2021

Paul D.

Super unprofessional, be careful. I called them to get our AC unit serviced, one their techs called me and said it was going to cost around $300 for them to come out that night, it was an "emergency call". He said my name was in their system and I could just call their office in the morning, and someone should be able to come out the next day and would cost a bit less. So the next morning I called, the person I spoke with in the service department literally started screaming at me on the phone and said they are not taking any more customers, completely belittling me and talking down to me. Just watch out for these guys, their reviews look good, but it seems like that is just for people who they have worked with in the past.

Description of Work
AC Servicing

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Let me begin this response by stating that the on call technician responded to your afterhours call promptly. He explained to you that the initial after hour’s fee was $130 in addition to any repairs that may need to be done. I’m not certain exactly where you came up with the $300 figure. Perhaps it was a figure given to you by one of the other companies that you had called. You chose to not have us out that evening. When you called back the following day, our schedule had already filled up with appointments for our contract customers. They are of course our first priority, as they should be. As I tried to explain the situation to you – that it was the first hot week of the year and our schedule fills up quickly, you refused to let me speak. We were not the only A/C company which was booked, as you had stated that we were the 6th company that you had called looking for immediate service. There are only so many hours in a day and only so many appointments that we can book within a certain timeframe. We have been in business for almost 40 years and take great pride in the service that we provide to our customers. It’s unfortunate that you felt that we were anything less than fair and or professional.

09/26/2020

Douglas W.

It was Saturday afternoon. When I saw water spreading on my basement floor, I called Nutmeg. Within 15 minutes, I got a call back from a tech. He said he could be here within 20 minutes, and he DID. He cleared the drain from the evaporation pan. All is well, and I was satisfied with the weekend charge. Super service. Have used Nutmeg in the past for my HVAC work, and will always use them in the future.

Description of Work
Clear a blockage of my A/C condensation tray to my discharge pump.

09/04/2019

Jerilyn T.

They were exceptional. The techs were knowledgeable. they know what they were doing. Very responsive and get problems fixed right away I was very happy them.

Description of Work
I had my furnace service

02/08/2019

Mary C.

I appreciate both the administrative assistance, which is always pleasant, clear and informative, as well as the technical service. The service provider has been prompt each time and communicated clearly and accurately about the work to be done. He was also thorough in answering our questions. Nutmeg is dedicated to excellent service all around, and we are grateful customers.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of issue with boiler --water leaking from relief valve. Completion of necessary repairs and annual maintenance.

10/21/2018

SHARON C.

Chose this company by reviews on this site. Found them to be punctual and professional. Problem fixed and only gone from work for an hour. Had a question once I returned home, called emergency service and call back within 30 minutes. Would definitely use them again. Knowing that they have 24 hr emergency service with quick response times gives me peace of mind.

Description of Work
furnace not working

07/02/2018

Linda V.

The service person was on-time and seemed to do a thorough job. he was honest about the state of the equipment and the fee was very reasonable.

Description of Work
check up/tune up central air

06/22/2018

Claudio R.

I have had the very BEST experience with any AC/Furnace service companies and can't wait to share my story. Leo Marinak and Jim Virginia from Nutmeg Mechanical, you guys are honest professionals that truly care about the customers - I can't say enough how much I appreciate your help. My AC (16 years old) broke down back in May - they are old but not that old Had a mechanic come out to repair it in May. It worked for a few times then broke again. Talked to another guy from my service contract in June, and was told I can either spend $1000 for him to 'try repair' with no guarantee or just replace it. I figured spending $1000 doesn't make sense, so start to get quotes from various companies. I had a total of 3 companies quoting on the job, Leo from Nutmeg is the second one. He has been the most professional amongst all 3. The other 2 sales men from other companies only spent 10 minutes at my house, rushing to the next job. Leo spent at least an hour carefully examining my current equipment, measuring the house, and giving suggestions for each room (some of my furniture are blocking the vent and some vents seem to be installed upside down). He also took his time answering my questions, and explaining difference between models and discussing which works better for my house, financially and comfort wise. He listened to my stories how the AC broke down and how it was repaired, and felt something was not right. So even though he could have just walked away giving me a replacement quote and earn some commission on the sales job, he did something I have not seen any other salesmen does - he called up a mechanic from Nutmeg to give a second opinion on the broken AC and give a diagnosis. Jim Virginia came out this morning, in a matter of half hour, fixed my AC. He told me how the first mechanic did not do an honest job, took a short cut when he was first replacing my unit. Because the parts used and wiring job wasn't right, the unit only worked for a short while then broke - this is exactly what has happened! In the end, I spent $440 instead of $8-10K to have my AC back - just in time for my daughter's birthday party! The unit is working great right now. I know sooner or later these units have to be replaced, and when that happens, I'm going to call Leo directly. It is so hard to find a company you can trust your home with - Nutmeg and their employees are one of those gems!

Description of Work
AC/Furnace Replacement

06/02/2018

Chris M.

They did a great job of putting in the new HVAC system in 2016. But they did not turn out to be a good services company. 6 months after install, one of the humidifiers stopped working. I called. The girl on the phone was rude. She said it was probably just the filter that needed replacing. It wasn't. I made an appointment. It took a week for them to come out. They were an hour and a half late for their appointment. They needed to replace a PC board. A MONTH later I called them to ask about the humidifier. Had to leave a message. No one called back. Called again, finally got someone live and they told me they received the wrong part and were sending it back to get the right one. A month later? Really? Last year I called them about installing a new split ductless system in my au pair apartment. I have called 3 teams in a year, and no one has ever called me back. I'm done with these guys.

Description of Work
Replaced our HVAC system

09/20/2017

Richard G.

Leo and his team were very professional and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of ductless mini-split system

08/30/2017

Carlos V.

awesome Leo did a great job and we have 3 mini split ductless units and a COOL HOUSE!

Description of Work
Air conditioning

N&J Plumbing LLC

Connecticut's Highest Rated Plumbing Company. Fast, worry-free, and reliable! We specialize in same day water heater replacement as well as toilets, faucets, repipe, shut off valves, no job is to big or small!

Advance Plumbing & Heating Inc - Newington

If you're looking for an emergency plumber in Newington CT, than look no further! Since 1956, Advance Plumbing & Heating has provided professional plumbing and heating services to clients throughout Connecticut. Our work is 100% guaranteed. Fast, local, and reliable service in Newington is just a phone call away! Additional email - michael.advanceplumbing@gmail.com, advplumbing700@gmail.com

Offers by Advance Plumbing & Heating Inc - Newington on Angi
    Omni Mechanical Services, LLC

We have over 20 years of experience in the HVAC industry. Here at Omni Mechanical Services, LLC, we pride ourselves on reliability, great communication, integrity and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can throughout your particular task or project. Let us take care of all your home's HVAC needs, and find out for yourself why we have 4.75 stars on homeadvisor.com! Call us today at (860) 422-4314!

Offers by Omni Mechanical Services, LLC on Angi

HTG.0303267-S1
    Connecticut
    Connecticut
    08/31/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Heating & A/C, indoor air quality, Refrigeration, Geothermal heating, Solar hot water, in floor radiant.Duct cleaning and Duct Sealing

Resdential Refrigeration