Automatic TLC Energy

With Angi since March 2013

3.9

We’re Automatic TLC Energy, your local branch of HOP Energy. We’re one of the largest and oldest heating oil companies in the area. But there’s more to us than heating oil. We’re dependable. Friendly. And we’re really big on service. Our customers know that if it has to do with home energy services, we’re the people to call. You’ll find it all at Automatic TLC Energy, including: - Competitive heating oil prices - Worry-free automatic oil delivery - Comprehensive service contracts - Budget-friendly payment plans - High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment - Electricity...

Busy Bee Services LLC

Busy Bee Services proudly serves Connecticut's home owners and businesses. Our goal is to deliver the best HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services in the state. We'll meet & exceed your needs to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Call us today!

Handover Electric, LLC

We founded our business on three main principles - quality, pricing, and service - and we pride ourselves on our commitment to these principles each day. Handover Electric provides outstanding contracting services to all of our clients, and are here to ensure that all of your needs are met. Take a look below to see the variety of services we offer, and what we can do for you today.

Offers by Handover Electric, LLC on Angi
Duct Dogs Of US CORP

Here at Duct Dogs Corp., we pride ourselves on the highest levels of professionalism and efficiency. Each spring and fall, you should take time to make sure that all of your vents are ready for the vigor of the coming season. We live in a world where healthy living has become a way of life. We diet and exercise to make ourselves feel better. We have also taken on environmental issues to make our world a cleaner and safer place to live. Yet the most overlooked issue is the air that we breathe. The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be more polluted then outdoor air. Now consider on average that people spend 90% of their time indoors; the fact can be quite alarming. Considering that we spend so much time indoors, it makes perfect sense to clean the source of our indoor air quality problems which are our air ducts. Call today and let us get them ready.

01/22/2021

Andrea P.

I spoke to a very knowledgeable representative named Brenda. She more then exceeded in meeting my needs.

Description of Work
Customer representive help

Category heating oil companies

11/23/2020

Denice B.

They did a great job. On time and very professional. I also use their budget plan for my oil deliveries. I’ve never run out. Also their customer service is wonderful. Spoke to Veronica today and, as usual, she was knowledgeable, helpful and courteous.

Description of Work
Tank removal, new water heater.

Category water heater repair,air duct cleaning,heating oil companies

07/03/2017

Deborah S.

Awful! They tried to tell me that a piece was broken on my furnace, which wasn't the truth, and they did not tell me anything about it until a week later, and I received no services, because I was not going to be ripped off!

Description of Work
Heating oil fillup.

Category heating oil companies

11/07/2016

Arlyd M.

Very honest with us. Heating system was working really well, we used them for emergency services. When we screwed up the heating system, husband friend burnt the heat, we decided to go to gas. As we price other people, they were the best price to converse from oil to gas. We still use them for the gas service, but we haven't had to use them since we install the unit. Their maintenance service is an A. Their delivery service we had more issue with. The price we never got a great deal, but we counted on that we had oil when we needed it. Its a shame you do not do plus or minus, that would make a huge difference. Use them for maintenance, not oil delivery. We had issue with the take out of the tank. Their maintenance people are phenomenal. Their emergency services are very good. This is their strongest suit I believe. Workers were professional.

Description of Work
They did all of our servicing of our oil. Maintenance and conversion project.

11/07/2016

Arlyd M.

They are really good and we will continue to use them.

Description of Work
They serviced the heating to make sure everything was working properly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/02/2016

ROBERT D.

They were way too expensive. They did good work. I got the best deal I could get from them but the deal wasn't great.

05/25/2016

Schleshin M.

The service department is excellent. They logged the highest price. That's horrible. That's the worst. Their service department is amazing. The service technicians are an A but the billing department is horrible. I am going to cancel them. Quality of work is good. They weren't punctual but the technicians were good. I had to call a couple of times.

Description of Work
I have used Automatic TLC.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/22/2014

Jan W.

I have a relationship with this company and they have been very good to me. They react when I call. I have my burner service and the same guy has been coming for years. They have longevity there so it must be a good company to work for. When I call, I can talk to the same person and I don't call very often. One of the things I had to have done over the years was, my oil tank was in my basement rather than under the ground, it needed to be replaced and I didn't have a hatchway to get it out. So they had to cut that thing apart and take it out piece by piece. They brought a whole crew in and did whatever they needed to do to get it out. I have probably had them for 20 years. I am happy with them. When you call in, the response is there but to get somebody to call you back, sometimes it takes a second call. They are very professional.

Description of Work
I use Automatic TLC Energy for heating and air conditioning services. They probably last came out to service. You know regular service in the fall.

12/05/2013

Scott I.

We have had TLC as our fuel oil service provider since moving into our house in 2008. We went with them only because the former resident used them and I thought it was easier to keep them as our service provider. We signed up for their gold plan to make sure we get regular maintenance and emergency service when needed- any repairs covered under contract. The amount for this service call, $285, was the amount on the bill I signed but didn't have to pay a thing because we pay for the 'gold plan'. The reason we called TLC this time was only because our oil tank fuel gauge was sitting dead on empty, it had been there for the last couple of days. I asked the wife to call them to tell them we need oil. According to my wife, the receptionist was a bit 'snotty' asking if and quot;are we really on empty?and quot; telling us they would be delivering oil tomorrow. Since I spend a good deal of time in the basement, I hear the furnace come on and off all the time. I noticed it hadn't come on for awhile making me believe it may have run out of fuel. We called again requesting them to bring oil now, this was about 9:00 pm. In the mean time the furnace did fire again but the call was already in. The technician showed up around 10 pm. The first thing he did was take the fuel gauge off so he could look into the tank to see how much fuel was remaining, when he did, he chuckled. He then handed me the flashlight to see for myself, I looked in, the tank was very nearly bone dry! He said it wouldn't have lasted the night, to me it looked like it literally wouldn't last another hour! The $285 bill..... All that was on the bill was and quot;ADD FUELand quot;, and only 10 gallons at that and quot;to get us through the nightand quot; as the tech put it. While with him, I remembered to mentioned how I've started noticing how the furnace sometimes acted different shutting off, like it was missing or 'hiccuping' once in awhile, he said it was probably because the filter needed changing. With that, he changed it, however this task wasn't documented on the bill, had it been, it may have pushed it up over the $300 mark..... He even remarked how bad the filter looked showing it to me (as he was rinsing it with some of the precious fuel oil he just put in the tank, using the feed line at the furnace to do it), it looked like a black grease ball. Now, I thought our 'gold plan' included yearly tune-ups which cover the basics like changing filters. I know the service provider at our former residence, Wilson Oil, was punctual performing this preventative maintenance task, they would call us each season to set up an appointment. To my knowledge, TLC never has done this with us, let us know we were due for a seasonal tune-up. I really don't remember the last time we had a tune-up by TLC, I vaguely remember them changing the filter once. We have had to have TLC come out on a few emergency calls in the past 5 years, replacing parts here and there, maybe they combined and considered some of those calls as 'tune-ups' then. If so, we were never made aware of it. For TLC's response, I give them a and quot;Band quot;, only because I feel they could make it here sooner (compared to the service and response time we got from Wilson Oil at our former residence) but at least they have shown up every time we needed them to. As for the technician's professionalism I give them all an and quot;Aand quot;, but give TLC an and quot;Fand quot; because of the unfriendliness from the receptionists my wife has had to endure and also because of their irregular deliveries and billing. My wife said the after-hours receptionists are much friendlier. Another sore spot issue is, we signed up for 'budget billing' so that we can have an idea of what to expect to pay each month, however near the end of this year, my wife just found out an 'adjustment' has caused an increase close to double of what we normally pay, almost $1000! To add insult to injury she was informed there is a hold on our account until this is paid and it isn't even due yet! First of all, we don't believe we owe that much, we plan on doing a self audit of this past year and confront them with our documented findings. We have never missed or been late with a payment. We always paid in full, well within their specified time so that we receive their and quot;discountand quot; for doing so. What's worse is how many times we have had to call TLC, nearly a half dozen times through the past 5 years, simply because our fuel gauge was so low we would start worrying that we were going to run out. This sometimes happened in the middle of a snowy winter and low temps for days. If it is possible for a company to be passive-aggressive, TLC sure is. This last incident is the stick that broke the camel's back. We have been nothing but loyal paying customers for 5 years! Sometimes they brought oil when we we were barely at a half tank and didn't need it, nor expecting a bill for such at that time, other times we all but had to beg for a delivery. I have to wonder if we didn't call when were they going to show up? Bottom line is they have not been regular with anything except causing us grief worrying if we are going to run out of oil at a crucial time. Enough is enough! I am feeling like an idiot for putting up with their ineptness for as long as we have. The technicians are good- knowledgeable and friendly people but TLC's pricing seems whacked. $285 for an emergency call for 10 gallons of fuel oil (and filter change), oil they should have delivered on a regular schedule a week or two ago? The technicians are the only bright spot at TLC. Because of this last experience, is the reason I joined Angie's List, to find a better HVAC service provider. Not surprisingly, when I looked up TLC, they are one of the worst ones in our area. We are soon to be former customers that can vouch for that. Not sure why Wilson Oil isn't listed here though. We don't plan on going with them, we liked a lot of things Wilson Oil did for us but had a couple of minor issues with things we didn't care for. One thing is for certain- WE ARE DONE WITH TLC.

Description of Work
10 gallons emergency fuel delivery, change filter on the fuel tank.

11/25/2013

Anne F.

We have transferred our business to a smaller, local, family-owned business with substantial saving on the price of oil, as well as a service contract that is just over half of the one from TLC.

Description of Work
This concerns ongoing problems seemingly since Hop Energy began expansion. We've had problems over the past 2-3 years with timely yearly contracts, cancellation of appointments for cleaning; and just recently, a payment mixup from their LockBox collection system which took several days and a lot of running around for us to resolve.

Automatic TLC Energy

With Angi since March 2013

3.9

64 Oakland Ave

EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108

Heating & Air Conditioning Installations, Home Heating Oil Delivery, Service & Electricity. Indoor Air Quality Products.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available