Boulder Landscape & Design

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2005

4.3

Boulder Landscape and Design is a full service, environmentally friendly, design/build landscape company. Our services range from new landscaping to re-dos and additions, and include designs, excavation; hardscapes such as patios, stairs and walkways; water and fire features including ponds, fountains, outdoor ovens and fire pits; xeriscaping; and maintenance. We service commercial, estate and residential customers. For our friends from Angie's List we offer a free Landscape Consultation. Please mention this listing when you call....

MataFlatworkLLC

Give us a call today for your concrete project.

Precision Pressure Washing

L&H Construction

Additional services - Commercial janitorial, construction clean-up, concrete driveways, drainage, curbing, lawn fertilization, build or repair retaining walls, bark, mulch and wood chip refill, lawn mowing, edging & trimming.

05/12/2018

I had a leak in a sprinkler valve after a late freeze last Fall. I called Boulder Landscape & Design because they recently completed my new back yard and I liked working with them. Cory tentatively put me on their schedule for the Spring. After a few months of winter and once temperatures started to warm up again I called and BLD still had me in their plans. On the day of the job the team arrived ...

Description of Work
move/repair sprinkler valve box

Category landscaping

05/04/2018

It didn’t go at all! I called this company and left a voice message and waited almost a week and no one ever called back. It’s scary to wonder what kind of work they would do or if they would even show up had I actually hired them if they can’t even return a phone call.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

09/06/2017

Boulder Landscape & Design is one of the best companies I have ever worked with. From start to finish the project was executed superbly. BLD has exceptional communication regarding the start of the project and progress throughout. The project pricing was reasonable, and once the project commenced there were few changes to the base price except for change orders that I requested. The change order p...

Description of Work
Replace fences, redesign, grade/level and install back yard landscape.

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch

05/23/2017

Sent a message to see about getting an estimate for a water feature for the front of our home. When I received a call back they did not seem overly interesting in helping me out at all but scheduled a time for an estimate two weeks later. When the estimate day arrived we had received some snow so they called to reschedule for the following week an hour later than the current week. When the day arr...

Description of Work
Looking to get an estimate for a water feature for the front of our home.

Category landscaping,fountains

03/20/2017

Cory runs a quality operation. He's a straight shooter, native to the area, familiar with our expansive soils. His staff is seasoned, long term, honest, and he and his workers operate with integrity. Additionally, he really stands behind his work, has great communication and you get no surprises, everything done according to plan, with quality results.

Description of Work
Walkway between front and back yard along the side of the house.

Category landscaping

03/06/2017

Boulder Landscape & Design initially did a complete overhaul of our backyard in 2015, including sprinklers, sod, a flagstone patio and walkway, and additional landscaping and plantings. They did an amazing job, and they were having to work with a yard that had been completely destroyed by another contractor who tore it up and split. We've enjoyed the space for the last year and a half, and when I noticed there was a bit of settling on the flagstone steps, they had a crew out to repair at no charge. Cory is extremely friendly, professional and responsive. I'd highly recommend the company to anyone looking for landscaping assistance, big or small.

Description of Work
Boulder Landscape & Design promptly responded to my concerns about some settling on our flagstone patio and had a crew out to address the issue as soon as they could.

Category lawn service","masonry contractor","Patio Builder

11/02/2016

The 2-week project was tidied up at the end of each day, and never once did we feel like we were in a construction zone, even though there was demolition, grading, and lots of disposal of mature plantings going on the first week and deliveries, planting over 130 individual plants, mulching and top soil going on the second week. A clean area was maintained throughout the process. The team was professional, knowledgeable and efficient, with the project starting and ending on schedule. BLD stays true to their estimate and even accommodated our request for some add-ons as the project progressed. I will definitely be recommending BLD to my neighbors!

Description of Work
The BLD team transformed our front and side landscaping from overgrown and out-dated to water-wise and appealing. Paige's design layout utilized natural plantings, boulders, and grasses to form a welcoming front entryway and Chuy's expertise in irrigation and draining improved the flow water from our downspout and assured water would not collect near the house.

06/20/2014

Cory and his experienced team were punctual, communicative and delivered a very professional, attractive, clean job. They even re-routed a sprinkler head that would have been blocked by the new fence.

Description of Work
Created a river rock rock filled railroad tie border next to the sidewalk on our side property. The railroad ties were dug up and reused from another area on our property. Then, they installed a decorative fence completely around the back yard to keep in a toddler and keep out the neighborhood dogs. They did a great job!

09/22/2013

Good enough for me to hire them again.

Description of Work
mow lawn

Category lawn service

06/05/2013

Little by little the quality of the mowing jobs has been diminishing. They no longer tend to the areas around the perimeter of the lawn, as far as mowing under the shrubs, trees. They built a birm in the back yard at her request, and planted 4 bushes on it. The grass has grown up so high around the bushes that you can't see them, and the birm appears as a big lump of wild grass. They don't keep it trimmed. A couple of weeks ago, she called the office to request that someone come out and connect her sprinklers. As of today, no one has called back or showed up. Her lawn was dying. Thankfully we've had a dab of rain. I personally am very disappointed with the company. Travis is a very nice man, and the lady who answers the phone in the office is very pleasant.... the workers are pleasant. However you ARE made to feel as though he takes on way too much work and simply doesn't have time to get to it all. Travis needs to listen to customer concerns and take them seriously.

Description of Work
I encouraged a little friend of mine in Boulder (87 year old widow) to use this service to take care of her large yard last year. At first they were really responsive and did a beautiful job. This year, however, they have been very lax and I'm suggesting that it would behoove us to find another company. She has expressed to me that she feels as though she must be on the bottom of their list and not very important to them. On the above date, the grass was mowed.

Category landscaper

Residential & commercial landscape design and installation including stonework such as patios, retaining walls, paths, water features, fire pits and outdoor kitchens; horticultural planting; xeriscaping; irrigation systems and turn-on and blow-out; renovation & repair of landscape or irrigation; yard maintenance including yard and pond clean-ups, fertilization, aeration, mowing and edging. Holiday lighting and garden lighting. We offer a no-worry, four season maintenance plan. Gutter cleaning.

Ask for details.