Sanders & Johnson Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since February 2009

B374

7100 N Broadway # 7K

Denver, CO 80221

We have implemented a company-wide service protocol intended to help protect customers and employees from infection. Please see our website for additional details.

We accept remote payment

Hometown Heating and Air Conditioning Here at Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning we have been providing Denver with heating and air conditioning services since 1977. We offer a full range of heating and air conditioning services from installations to repairs. Our team here at Sanders & Johnson like to live by the motto of honest work for honest prices, and we will never try to pressure you into any expensive products or services you don’t need, or don’t want. Interested in learning more about what Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning can do for you? Give us a call today at 303-422-6606 and speak with one of our highly skilled HVAC technicians. Why Choose Sanders & Johnson At Sanders & Johnson we have nearly 40 years of experience managing heating and air conditioning problems of all sizes. It doesn’t matter if you simply need to get a filter cleaned out or if you want to install a brand new efficient furnace and smart thermostat, we can do it all. On all new installs one of our original owners Jim Sanders or Dan Johnson will personally come out to your home and provide you with a completely free estimate for the installation. As one of the few Denver HVAC companies still owned and operated by its original founders, Sanders & Johnson knows just how important each and every customer is. Without you the customer we wouldn’t be able to do what we love, because of this we guarantee that we’ll never try to pressure you into expensive parts or services that you don’t really need or want. Give us a call today for your free installation estimate at 303-422-6606. An HVAC contractor in Denver you can count on is a quick phone call away! Honest work for honest prices Have you ever had someone come over for what seemed like a pretty straight forward job, next thing you know they’re trying to up sell you on every single item. Then you end up paying several hundred dollars for what really should of been a fifty dollar job. No one likes that....

HVAC Companies (122)water heaters (8)

04/11/2022

June T.

Very well. Everything is running smoothly, and the technician, Matt, is going to get back to me about a couple of options I might want to consider; newer more efficient options than were available when my systems were installed years ago. But no pressure to buy -- very professional.

Description of Work
Checking out air conditioning and heating systems

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Thank you for your 5 star review!! We appreciate your continued business.

04/06/2022

Dalton R.

And excellent job done very timely and tidy at a great price. They beat out 2 other bids to get the work.

Description of Work
Adding returns and supplies to existing duct work

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Thank you for your 5 star review!! We appreciate your continued business.

02/25/2022

Kyle R.

Great! S&J showed up within 3 hours of me calling them. Were able to diagnose and fix the issue with my furnace quickly at an affordable rate. Professional experience and would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Diagnose Furnace Issue

Work Completed On 02/24/2022

[Member Name Removed], Thank [Member Information Removed] so much for the review. We are proud to have [Member Information Removed] as our customer and look forward to continuing to provide services that optimize the comfort of your home!

08/31/2021

John G.

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING A NEW FURNACE OR AC UNIT AND WANT TO RECEIVE A REBATE, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am a 16 year customer of Sanders and Johnson. I recently had them install a new AC and Furnace. The sales manger came out to do the quote for the replacement. He gave us multiple quotes and then explained the advantages of each as compared to the cost of the system. We ended up putting together a system that met our needs. I asked him about energy rebates as the quote did not have any listed. He told us that the rebates change and they would file all the appropriate forms and submit them. then send the rebate to us. After calling several time over the next couple of months and not receiving any answers or call backs I called again and I was told there was no rebates. My neighbor had a new AC and Furnace installed, same specs as mine and received a $500.00 REBATE!!! I started looking on Xcel's web site and found that to get the rebate the units had to be installed by one of their APPROVED installers. Guess what, Sanders and Johnson are NOT on the list, so I was lied to about the rebates. Remember, I am a 16 year customer, now EX-CUSTOMER. I take some responsibility I should have done rebate checking on my own, my bad. However, after 16 years with them I was dumb enough to believe what they were telling me. Wonder how much it has cost me over the years?

Description of Work
New AC/Furnace

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

[Member Name Removed], delivering a quality customer experience is extremely important to us. With 45 years in the heating and cooling business under our belt, matters of trust and dependability are at the very pinnacle of what we do. We offered to help you out and asked for you to allow us time to do so, yet rather than wait you immediately posted a review before you had all the facts. For now, here is some clarification from our end. For many years, Sanders & Johnson avoided Xcel's air conditioning rebates under certain circumstances, not only because Xcel is constantly changing the rules, regulations, and process for how to receive them, but also because Xcel's rebate design criteria is outdated and often does not allow us to install units that adequately cool homes during the hottest periods of the year. We are, however, an approved installer, and have made several attempts to reach Xcel's administrative staff to ask that they correctly reflect our status on their website. We have never and will never lie to a customer and therefore take your accusation very seriously. Your contract clearly specified that no rebates were available to you, and our service manager followed up with you to explain why. We believe designing and installing an air conditioning system that will properly cool your home is more important than a rebate worth only a small fraction of the cost of a new air conditioner. Your new system provides your home with the very best cooling solution available. It means the world to us to play a part in making your house your home, which is why you can be certain that any decision we made for your home over the last 16 years of working together came from the most authentic of places. This is how we've done business for 45 years and it's how we will continue to do business for 45 more.

11/25/2020

Danielle J.

"Honest Work for Honest Prices" is the moto on their business card and very much my experience with this company. I had 4 quotes to replace a water heater, that needed to be moved, brought up to code on several items, and to have the floo replaced out through the roof. Their price was in the middle of the quotes, though all were relatively close. I went with them b/c they took time to point out things that would need to be done "with whomever I went with" and pitfalls other people might not cover. They also brought up additional safety measures they would do on the project. As for the work itself, Erik and Quinn (who also did the quote) were on time and got the job done thoroughly and in a reasonable time & were very professional. There were no surprises on the pricing, and all the things pointed out in the quote were done, along with everything being explained to me too with the new set up. the office staff with scheduling were also really great to work with. I would 100% hire them again! ((and turns out a neighbor saw their vans at my house and has used this company for years as well))

Description of Work
Water Heater Replaced to Code, Relocated, & Floo & piping

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/17/2020

Robert A.

Great. The tech was on time, friendly and skilled. He appears to have done a very thorough job and clean up the area afterward. He provided a detailed list of actions performed and photos as well.

Description of Work
Annual furnace service

Cost $109.95

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

09/25/2020

Danny W.

good put in zone valve we had ourselves.

Description of Work
zone valve on Boiler

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are proud to have you as our customer and look forward to continuing to provide services that optimize the comfort of your home!

09/22/2020

Steve B.

The technician, Eric, was great. Very professional & knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Annual Heating Ck. & Rinnai tankless WH flush

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

09/20/2020

Judith S.

I am on Saunders & Johnson's maintenance program. Chris arrived on time, and did a very good job cleaning my Heil furnace. Chris also maintained my Carrier a/c unit a few months ago. He's experienced and professional and I always feel secure when he gives his stamp of approval! I pay more for Saunders & Johnson, but they do thorough work and that peace of mind is worth it to me. I highly recommend them. J. Smith, Aurora, CO

Description of Work
This was an annual furnace cleaning and maintenance visit.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are proud to have you as our customer and look forward to continuing to provide services that optimize the comfort of your home!

07/30/2020

Randy L.

Not pleased by estimator professionalism, customer interaction or answers provided.

Description of Work
Came to look at system replacement

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

07/09/2020

Patty B.

They did a great job, were on time, and I would definitely hire them again. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They replaced my air conditioner.

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

06/29/2020

David N.

The service was very good, the technician that came was very professional and responsive. The price was reasonable and fair.

Description of Work
Swamp Cooler Repair service

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

02/07/2020

Hayley B.

Chris, the tech, was on time, nice, and professional. He explained what was wrong and the part needed to fix it. He had to run and get a tool and there was a misunderstanding of being charged for the trip to get the tool and come back for the repair. I called Melissa at the office and she looked into it and explained everything. I was not charged for the trip to get the tool. Chris showed me the broken part and what a new one looked like. Overall it was a very positive experience and I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Furnace was blowing cold air.

Cost $448.18

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

12/09/2019

john C.

I had a new HVAC system installed on September 17th 2019 by Sanders and Johnson. Crew that came to do the install were very professional, courteous and on time. The install took a day and a half. The crew kept me appraised on what they were doing which set my mind at ease. I had to have them back out to fix a minor issue with the install. They worked me in the same day that I called. Office staff were very professional as well. I would not hesitate to use Sanders & Johnson for any of my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
New HVAC system

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

11/25/2019

Samantha P.

Chris was super nice and very professional and did an excellent job checking everything over on our furnace! We’ve used Sanders and Johnson in the past, and we will continue to use them in the future! It’s always a pleasant experience!

Description of Work
Seasonal maintenance on our furnace.

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

11/21/2019

RON H.

Excellent. Chris thoroughly described the work to be done, the work he did, and a part that needed replacing. He also remembered to bring a new filter for the humidifier line that needs to be replaced every two years.

Description of Work
Annual furnace and humidifier check and maintenance

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

11/20/2019

Lorie B.

It went great! After installation, the operation of the equipment was explained thoroughly. I could not be happier. This is my second experience with Sanders and Johnson.

Description of Work
Replacement of hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/06/2019

Kristine C.

Nick was prompt, friendly & professional. I have had this service since I bought my furnace from S&J 20 years ago. He suggested 2 new parts, showed me them & told me why I might want to change them. No pressure. It's exactly what I want for preventive maintenance. I am really happy with Nick h the company.

Description of Work
Furnace preventive maintenance

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

10/25/2019

Bruce M.

We've used Sanders and Johnson for all of our HVAC needs for many years, and couldn't be happier. Every technician has been very professional, the scheduling was easy, and the prices were quite competitive. Highly recommend S&J.

Description of Work
Routine furnace maintenance

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

09/06/2019

Ruchika H.

Excellent work! Timely, detailed, clean, great price/value and everything was explained perfectly. Have used them twice for urgent repairs and will continue to use them for routine maintenance and future repairs. Would recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

09/04/2019

Samantha P.

We came home from work to a non-functioning AC and called Sanders & Johnson’s after-hours line. They were able to send a tech out almost immediately and our tech (Mike) was the nicest/most professional/most helpful tech. He was able to get our AC back up and running in a very short amount of time (it needed a replacement capacitor) and even showed us how to do some cleaning/maintenance of our unit on our own to help it function better in the future. We will be using Sanders & Johnson (and our tech Mike) for all future AC needs for sure!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

Work Completed On 09/03/2019