VAN GENDEREN SERVICE CO

Founded 1946 • With Angi since August 2005

9940 E Costilla Ave Ste R

Centennial, CO 80112

Van Genderen Heating & Air is a family owned company that has been serving Denver homeowners and businesses since 1946. We have built our outstanding reputation by providing excellent customer service, product knowledge and experience to our customers. We are a fully licensed and insured Company and have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. We are also an Excel Energy Contractor. Our technicians are professional, honest and take care of our customers. We send experienced and licensed technicians. They come to your house in a Company vehicle, are dressed in Company clothing, and properly identify themselves. No trip charge or diagnostic fee...

07/11/2018

Paul S.

Van Genderen did an excellent job for us. The person who gave us the proposal was the supervisor of the install crew, so there were no misunderstandings as to what was to be done. They brought a 4-man crew and 2 electricians, so they were able to complete the large job in one day. Everything was done professionally, and our house was left perfectly clean, as if they never had been there. We couldn't be happier with our new system. The 5-stage AC keeps us more comfortable while using less energy and making much less noise, and the improved filter has made a noticeable difference in the amount of dust that accumulates between house cleanings.

Description of Work
A complete replacement of our heating and air conditioning system.

10/04/2016

Shirley T.

08/30/2016

Carol W.

They were actually recommended to me by a building inspector in Denver. I have been using them for years. I have not been checking them against anybody lately just because they have been so good.

Description of Work
For heating and AC, I go through Van Genderen. They did maintenance on the air conditioning the last time I saw them, but they have installed air conditioners and furnaces. I have used them pretty much for everything.

08/30/2016

Carol W.

They are excellent.

Description of Work
I started using Van Genderen for heating and AC. It was for another house. They did the air conditioner and the furnace there.

08/02/2016

Nicole T.

Tech went through the regular steps checking everything. He noticed that the condensation drip pan was rusted and decided it was leaking. He said his company could not repair anything because the rust made it a liability issue. He did suggest a new system that would require them taking down a wall for about $10,000 (note: I did not have an estimator come out and confirm this). Well he was wrong about the leak. The pan is rusty. The pan is not rusted out. After he left, I was determine to patch up the pan. But before I did, I watched the AC system while it was running for awhile. The water was bubbling up and overflowing from the drip pan not leaking from it, suggesting a blockage. I was sure that was one of the things the tech checked for and even later confirmed over the telephone with him that he did. But he only checked where the pipe (let's call it pipe 2) connects with the main pipe line (let's call that pipe 3) that goes out through the crawl space. Well pipe 2 doesn't connect directly with the drain pan. The drain pan has it only little pipe (let's call it pipe 1). When I disconnected pipe 2 from pipe 1, water came gushing out. A light when on in my head. So, if the AC tech confirmed pipe 3 is all clear and water will flow freely from pipe 1 when it's disconnected. It must be pipe 2 that is clogged. It was. I poured warm water and vinegar solution at the top and it didn't make it out the bottom. Used a wet vac to suck it back out- icky stuff came out. Used the wet vac to blow it out to make sure I got everything. Hooked the pipes back up, the water flowed as it should. That was five days ago. I haven't had any problems since. Normally, a misdiagnosis of the problem would result in a D or F grade. I gave them a C instead because: 1. Good customer service. The employees (tech and office) were polite. Considering all the horror stories you read ...Janelle get's an A+ with trying to work with me and get someone out to me. 2. Even the problem was missed by the tech, but for him coming out, it might have taken days to get to the right conclusion on my own. And I wouldn't have known about the rust which I might still clean out and patch. 3. They offer financing and it's quick to get approval. So I would not call them again for a service call since I've already been told they won't fix my system. But when I am ready to have a new one installed, after getting two estimates elsewhere, I may give them a call if the price is comparable.

Description of Work
Checked why AC was leaking.

08/02/2016

Jamie M.

It was really hot the day I called. Janelle was great to work with and got someone here in half an hour. He was very knowledgeable and was able to help us and we did not need to get another new furnace. I referred them to my neighbor and she thought they were great too. They will be my goto hvac company from now on.

Description of Work
I will spare you the details and drama of our hvac situation. That being said, we we're told by a different company that our new furnace was too small for our house and that we need to buy ANOTHER new furnace. I called these guys to get a second opinion.

11/22/2013

Deb W.

This company was recommended by Garvin's who no longer does furnace work. We called them before 7 am and got on their list for the same day. Of course this happened on the coldest night/morning of the season so far, so we were freezing and they were very busy. We were told our window was 11 - 1, but he actually got here after 2, after having a very busy morning, and when he left, he had many more calls to get to before his day was over. But he was still smiling. The repairman was very pleasant, very nice, but was in a big hurry. While he didn't put on shoe protectors as other companies have in the past, he left the work space very clean, which I appreciated very much! I have had to do some big clean up jobs after other repairmen, so was very happy to see he respected my home. I was really surprised at the price, but not having a furnace repairman out in some time, I suppose the rates have gone up. We felt very comfortable with his work, and will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
My furnace motor was running, but the igniter wouldn't connect, so there was no heat.

08/08/2013

Sheila M.

They are great.

Description of Work
We used Van Genderen Service Co. They came out to fix our air conditioning.

06/13/2013

Karen B.

Air conditioner was not producing cold air. Was able to get a same day appointment in the middle of hot weather streak. Technician found the problem quickly. Replace bad part with industrial part with 5 year warranty. Checked out the rest of the system. Technician arrived within service window and was very professional.

Description of Work
Repaired air conditioner.

08/09/2005

GERALD S.

VAN GENDEREN CAME TO OUR HOUSE FOR AN EVALUATION. THEY TOLD US WE WERE UNABLE TO ADD THE APPROPRIATE HEATING DUCTS TO MOVE THE APPROPRIATE AIR INTO THE ADDITION. THEY WERE NOT ONLY WRONG BUT THEY CHARGED US $125.00 TO BOOT.

Description of Work
VAN GENDEREN WAS CALLED TO COME TO OUR HOUSE FOR A BASIC CONSULTATION OF WHAT KIND OF HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING WE NEEDED.

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric

Every Applewood technician is licensed in their trade, background checked and drug tested. We send an email prior to your appointment with a photo and brief bio of the technician so you know who to except. With over 48 years of plumbing, electrical & AC/heat services, you can trust us to treat you like family, and to do a great job by providing a quick response to your call. We will send a clean, courteous, and reliable service professional that fixes your problem RIGHT the first time, all at a guaranteed price. Applewood is the most on-time and reliable plumbing, electrical, heating, and air conditioning company in the Denver metro area — guaranteed! Keeping you and your family safe in your home has always been our top priority. As we navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, our commitment to your health and safety remains the same.

Offers by Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric on Angi
    MILLION AIR MECHANICAL INC

Our Denver HVAC Company installs and repairs residential Heating, Furnaces, Air Conditioning, Water Heaters, Evaporative Coolers (Swamp Coolers) as well as installs Duct work. We've been serving the Denver front range for over 13 years with quality residential HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning) service. 6 employees. Subs used for electrical. Charge hourly rate of $95/hour. $49.95 Service Call. Charges $138/hour for emergency service.

Offers by MILLION AIR MECHANICAL INC on Angi
    Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

COVID-19 UPDATE! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric is wearing Gloves, Booties, and Masks and doing our best to maintain social distancing with every customer contact. Additionally, all employees are conducting daily health checks. Your safety and the safety of our employees is our highest priority! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric provides the highest quality service for all your Furnace, Air Conditioner, Boiler, Water Heater, plumbing and electrical systems. We utilize the latest technology to save our customers time and money including tablet-based systems with "Uber Style" tracking of your technician, and "Up Front" pricing so there are never any surprises. Our staff is licensed, insured, background checked, drug tested, and in a company uniform and vehicle for your safety and peace of mind. We are a Veteran Owned company.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

We service and can provide installations on: Furnaces, Air Conditioning Systems, Boiler Systems, Ductless AC Systems, Swamp Coolers, Humidifiers, Air Cleaners and Roof Top Systems.

Duct Cleaning, Attic Fans