Direct Contractor Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2012

3.8

13659 Victory Blvd. #526

Van Nuys, CA 91401

Direct Contractor Inc. is a remodeling and construction firm serving The Greater Los Angeles Area. Through the years, we have established ourselves in the construction industry and earned the trust of thousands of satisfied customers.

10/25/2013

Brad J.

I am intentionally light on the details here as I would rather this particular service provider not be able to decipher who is complaining. I would suspect they have gotten or are getting quite a few bad reviews. Sufice to say that I understand some of the challenges dealing with sub-contractors, inspectors, and home owners, but no matter there is always an expectation of professionalism, accontability, and basic performance. I have reviewed a few of my experiences with Angie's List, and I think all have been pretty positive. This is certainly the exception and that should be enough said.

Description of Work
Building contractor

Category remodeling

08/28/2013

Suzanne C.

I'm in love with them, they're adorable. I knew he was going on vacation and he told me that he was sorry he didn't get by to see me before he left today, he's adorable. He's delightful, after he was here I didn't call anybody else, actually I got 3 quotes. I found him very, very personable, he was knowledgeable, he was very nice and he was funny. He asks questions, what you have in mind and he was just nice. We told them we were in the county but apparently the woman who go and gets the permit for them went to the city so we sat here for 2 weeks waiting for the county to give us the permit and they have already demoed but it was okay because it wasn't their fault. When she couldn't bring the permits here and they came to inspect it and there was no permits here, we got a notice but they paid for that because I won't pay for that, that wasn't my fault. The inspector told me, he had never seen such perfect work. When they ripped out the carpets, they found out hardwood floors underneath which we have no idea we had, I wasn't here when they put the new carpet in when we bought the place 10 years ago, and they would refinish those too. I'm very happy with them. UPDATE 12/5/2013: I'm very happy with their work, it's beautiful, and they were nice but they damaged too many things. They got paint on my drapes and broke two deck chairs. There are holes in walls where nails came through. They opened up the ceiling, dry walled it and have patched the ceiling poorly; it looks like we had a leak in the ceiling. The contractor took $300 off the bill for the chairs and the drapes but that doesn?t cover the damage. I had a lot of damage outside b/c their dump truck ran over the water line, the pipes had to be redone, and destroyed my newly landscaped 3 day old plants. I had to call my landscaper out to fix the things they broke. I had a dumpster in my driveway for 8 weeks. They also did the demo a week before getting the permits for we had an extra week where we couldn?t sleep in our bed. They used the wrong color paint for a touch up and ripped and got marks on a bed skirt that as a result had to be replaced. I?m still waiting for them to reimburse me for the medicine cabinet. I would give them an A for the work but a F for the damages, so overall a C.

Description of Work
Direct Contractor Inc. are remodeling a bath and they're building me a walk-in closet pull down stairs, and some 2-storey closet. I'm having a bathroom and a master closet, it's just one of those sliding doors, it's a 20-foot high ceiling, it's a 2-storey closet with pull down stairs.

Category closet systems, home remodeling

08/08/2013

Armando N.

Very unethical! They are liars.... They wanted me to commit to doing an additional $40K amount of work. They said the City of Norwalk required me to lower all my ceilings and because they wanted to help me, they would do it for $40K. What is worse, it was the way they they tried to hustle me. They knew I was a diabetic. Sharon and another collegue arrived my house late in the evening, before I had anything to eat and just threw one lie after another. Of course they new the moment would be right becouse the kitchen all torn up, the house was a mess, trash all over the place, patch dust everywhere and no light fixtures!!!! I told them I had no more money! I really felt that I was in a hole I could not climb out of. I had no more money!!! They drillled me and worked on me for 1/2 hour going to the extreme of asking me if I had relatives or frends with money they could lend me, or money that I had not told them about? They also pulled out a credit application. They were ready to run my credit. I felt so hopeless. If they did this to me, how many other people did they pull this scam on? Fortunately, I came to my senses and told them to leave my house. The following morning I consulted with the City of Norwalk. They informed me they never required me to do anything. I did not want to come out with the truth earlier because I afraid of these people. I just wanted them to finish the job. I have also been monitoring for any recorded leins against my house. I am just now willing to speak out. I am getting ready to file a complaint with the contractors state license board against Direct Contractors for misrepresentation. I will never use any referral service and plan to cancel my membership with Angie's list.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, new windows, electrical, new front and back doors.

Category remodeling

07/24/2013

David W.

They were pretty good. We had language problems with their workers. The work they did was an A, good.

Description of Work
I used Direct Contractor Inc to put a new roof on.

Category remodeling, roofing

05/21/2013

Tiffany H.

It's been two months since we signed the contract, and it hasn't been finished. The work that they did do was not done well. Since then, we have fired the company, and found another. The contractor was not present while the work was being done, which led to poor work. We have been displaced from the rooms during the whole experience.

Description of Work
Remodeling our closets and flooring.

Category closet systems, flooring contractor, remodeling

04/17/2013

Gary G.

They were slow partly because of the weather and partly because they mismeasured one of the windows and they had to reorder it and it took a while. The salesman was really friendly, but I came to realize later that some of the sales tactics that he used was a little high pressure. They did good work, but the salesman made promises that somehow the company didn’t seem to be informed of. Therefore, you got to make sure that everything is written out and they stick to what they say they are going to do because it took some effort to get them to do what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
We have used Direct Contractor Inc. They installed some windows for us.

Category replacement windows

08/30/2012

Marsha P.

Make sure you are specific of what you want done and have it written down.

Description of Work
Had a fairly small kitchen in a condo remodeled with granite counter-tops, resurfacing cabinets, and adding lots of extras (soffit with new lighting, back splashes from counter tops to bottom of cabinets, etc.). Jesse, the electrician, also in charge of the painting and resurfacing of cabinets, was awesome and is totally a keeper. So professional, on time, and more than helpful. Max, the granite man who did the templates, cutting, and finishing of the granite was also the best. LOVE our kitchen!!!! Took a bit longer than anticipated (has always happened with a remodel - no surprises there!) however, meeting and working with Lior Perez was great. He makes things happen.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

05/07/2012

Minah O.

Everything turned out beautifully. They do things the right way without cutting corners. They take the time to get the proper permits and make sure that all inspections go smoothly. We found some existing plumbing and electrical issues along the way which all got taken care of to avoid future problems. Anything that wasn't right got fixed until we were satisfied. They are also helpful in figuring out ways to work with your budget. We were treated like family the whole way though. Never need to find another contractor - they do it all.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel including removal of structural wall. Wood floors were matched to the attached living area and extended into the kitchen. Layout was reconfigured and plumbing/electrical was adjusted accordingly. Custom cabinetry was fabricated and installed along with a large custom island. 2 bathrooms were also remodeled, replacing tile and all fixtures.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

05/07/2012

Glenda B.

Direct Contractor, Lior Perez and Company remodeled our kitchen and 2 bathrooms in approximately 6 weeks (as promised) and we absolutely love all of it! Our kitchen was transformed from a small dark non-functional space to an elegant and "friendly" room where we love to cook and spend time. This was accomplished by pushing back one wall and removing another. I never would have come up with the designs without the assistance and creativity of Lior and his team. Our bathrooms turned out nicer than we had anticipated as well. We were able to obtain discounts through the company on much higher quality materials than we would have gotten at a standard Home Depot or other hardware store. The kitchen and back bath were completed first so we had use of the front bath while they worked. Then while the finishing touches went into the kitchen, they completed the second bath. The company was clean, friendly, conscious of our time and budget and highly professional in their work. Lior Perez was on top of the job from start to finish. He was responsive to all requests and questions and was absolutely invaluable to the job. I highly recommend him and his company to anyone looking to have high quality work done without hassle. Their organizational skills are beyond reproach which put my mind at ease and kept them "on schedule" as well as on budget. I can't say enough about this company.

Description of Work
Our kitchen was completely remodeled. New custom cabinets with unexpected treats like a spice drawer, a lazy susan, bottom drawers that slide out and a hidden trash drawer. New granite countertops with full backsplash, new sink and dishwasher, new lighting, redesigned floorplan and tile floors. We also had 2 bathrooms completely redone. In 1, a new shower with frameless shower doors, new vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet, fixtures, lighting and shower tiles. It looks and feels much more open and bright than before. The 2nd bath was also completely redone. The door was replaced with a pocket door to provide more space. Shower tile and fixtures, new tub, new custom glass reflective doors, new vanity and cabinetry as well as new "wood look" tile floors. This bathroom was originally dark and cold. Not my favorite place to be. Now it is bright, warm and beautiful. During the beautifying of the spaces we had the plumbing changed out, electrical rewiring (of the whole house), reconstruction of a closet on the other side of the kitchen, and new mirrored closet doors put on in each of the bedrooms. It went smoothly and turned out beautifully.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers Coupon

Cascade cabinet

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Closet solutions

Closet Solutions specializes in custom closets, garage cabinets, home offices, pantries, laundry rooms, and built-in cabinets. We are independently owned and have been serving Los Angeles for over 15 years. We custom make our cabinets in our shop in Torrance, and we guarantee all of our jobs for as long as you own your home. We pride ourselves on great customer service and quality. Your complete satisfaction is always our number one goal! Please give us a call at 310-212-3110 or visit us online at https://www.ClosetSolutionsCA.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Bathroom Remodels, Kitchen Remodels, Blueprints, New Construction, Additions , Foundations, Flooring, Roofing, Framing, Texture coating, Electrical work, Re-construction, Interior Painting, Re-Stucco, Patio enclosures, Patio covers, Driveways, Windows, Gutters, Custom Doors, Tile work, Cement works, Fencing, A/C & Heating, Flooring, Plumbing & Re-piping, Chimney & Fireplace, General Repairs, Solar, And much more. Just ask us!