Juniper Landscape Company

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2004

4.4

10969 San Diego Mission Rd

San Diego, CA 92108

Full service professional Landscape company. We provide both Design/Build services and landscape maintenance. We also provide irrigation, tree trimming, pavers, walls, fencing, sythetic lawn, water features, BBQ's, firepits, arbors, backflow, concrete and much more....

11/15/2017

Andrew S.

Juniper was a great company to work with; very responsive, professional, and completed the work in the agreed upon timeframe. We will definitely work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
We completely remodeled our backyard; we hired Juniper to do the landscaping based on a design from an independent landscape architect.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

07/12/2017

Jon B.

Really well. We were very happy with the initial project, and the ongoing work has been high quality. [I highly recommend using the same company for big projects and the follow on care. Juniper has done a great job making sure our new outdoor living areas stay beautiful.]

Description of Work
We used Juniper to do a large outdoor facelift. Replaced all landscaping and irrigation, and did a fair bit of hardscaping, i.e. removing and install concrete decking, walls, lighting, etc. We also have used Juniper for weekly yard care. The usual...maintain lawn, plants, etc.

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,lighting,masonry,pavers, gravel,tree service,hardscaping

06/27/2017

Michael P.

The project took a while which was expected, and it went well. We are very pleased with the quality of the work performed and the value received.

Description of Work
Juniper Landscape Co put in new front and back yards for our older Pacific Beach home. The project involved removing most of the existing vegetation and replacing it with low maintenance hardscape and drought tolerant plants, including irrigation, landscape lighting, water feature, BBQ island, firepit, pavers, new decks, new fencing, etc.

Category fencing,landscaping,irrigation systems,lighting,masonry,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

04/17/2014

C Brent C.

Currently using their maintenance service and it is excellent.

Description of Work
Work took longer than quoted and price was higher.

Category landscaping

I am very surprised to see a negative review, the project turned out really awesome, I would expect A's, it was the best on the neighborhood garden tour. it is unique and was built well. We agreed to pricing beforehand so I don't see why we were criticized after the fact for being too expensive, there were custom items that had time and material elements, there were changes and additions throughout, this affected the price and the schedule in the end slightly, but it was not something that was our fault, we worked hard to make this project what it is and I am disappointed you feel this way.

10/20/2013

Clayton H.

I contracted with JCMS for about 6 months to do lawn maintenance. Really my only complaint with JCMS is the amount of work they performed. The work that they did was fine, and the person that I dealt with (Les) was responsive and courteous. They have a nice way of paying on line. But the value just wasn't there. They quoted $250 per month to take care of all my landscaping except for mowing, which I do. But they did not take care of the weeds, even after I brought this up several times. They like to trim small trees and plants, but these guys will just not pull out weeds. Also, they would often not weedeat for several visits, so I just gave up and started doing that myself. They left a faucet turned on and the hose burst while I was not at home. An honest mistake, but it was just one more thing. The last straw came when I was home one day when they arrived. I saw two men working (not the 3 man crew that was supposed to come) and they worked for exactly one hour. Since they come twice per month I am getting 4 man hours of work for $250, which is very much out of line. And it explained why they did not have time to take care of the weeding.

Description of Work
Landscape maintenance

08/03/2013

SCOTT K.

One guy showed up at my house at 7:30 AM, just as I had requested. To do a quote for the work I wanted done on my sprinklers He told me that basically I had him for the next 6 hours, and after that they had him scheduled for some other location. That is not what I had asked for. I was planning to explain everything, then ask for a quote. Was not expecting him to go straight to work. But anyway we talked, he inspected everything, heard my expectations, then he reccomended he repair some things, but also should install a drip system because the spay heads are flooding the plants with way too much water. Got a rough idea of what it might cost, and then I agreed. This is very unusual for me. I don't remember the last time I just let a contractor go to work without having a quote first. But I was tired of waiting on my system to be fixed, and he gave me a feeling of honesty. That was kind of risky for me but I had the feeling if they sent me an invoice for way way more that I expect it to be, then I would just work it out with them. He left to go to Home depot. Back in about 1 hour with lots of supplies and started to work. He had everything done by 1pm. Good job. I received an invoice in the mail a week later for 500. I had calculated in my head it should have cost 400. So I paid the 500 because he did do a nice job. Took me a month to pay it (my bad). All in all, very happy with the work and the result. Invoice 58172

Description of Work
REPAIR SPRINKLER SYSTEM

Category landscaping

07/18/2013

wendy d W.

I was not completely satisfied with them. They wanted me to pay $ 850 in advance for the clearing which was a month ago. I however could not get into their schedule even though I had pre-paid them, which was my fault. When they did come out they completed some of the work but not all the work. I emailed them back to either come out and finish up or refund me back the difference but I have not heard back from them as yet. I will not use them again once they are done with the present job.

Description of Work
I used JCMS Landscaping to clear my lawn and yard.

Category lawn service

06/30/2013

Dan A.

We've had 3 or 4 landscape maintenance companies over the past 20 years. JCMS is the best by far!! They're punctual and courteous, responsive to special requests, and do a GREAT job. We would recommend them in a heartbeat! In fact, we already have!

Description of Work
Weekly landscape maintenance.

05/21/2013

Cris S.

JCMS initially came in and did a landscape refresh which consisted of upgrading my new drip irrigation systems. I had a new system installed a few months ago but JCMS pointed out several flaws in the system and recommended some very and quot;common senseand quot; repairs and upgrades. They also came in and planted several succulents and ground cover. At my request they got very creative when planting the ground cover on the slope of a hill that has traditionally been a gopher feeding ground. I asked them to stake down gopher wire first and then plant the ground cover plants through it. While the vermin my still be able to get at the roots they will not be able to open a tunnel through the wire. They also dug up and properly replanted about a dozen kiwi plants that were improperly planted by my original landscaper. They also fabricated and quot;gopher cagesand quot; to plant the kiwis in. This will help keep the gophers off the roots until the plants are fairly well set in place. Currently I have a weekly maintenance service contract with JCMS. And I've also got a 3 part project on the drawing boards.

Description of Work
I have an on-going project with multiple fruit and nut trees on my property. I also have a on-going battle with gophers on my property.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,pavers, gravel,tree service,hardscaping

05/20/2013

Wayne A.

They have been with us for a long, long time. They are a very professional company but we have some issues with the different people that work for them. They send in the crew and every time it is a new crew and they don't do what they did before, so it doesn't look right. We already talked to boss about it and they are doing much, much better at the moment. So I talked to them and they fixed it. They charge us a monthly fee. They are here every Thursday, no matter what.

Description of Work
We used JCMS Landscaping to take care of our garden. They come out every Thursday.

Henry ortiz

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in general home repair and remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Modern Home Remodeling

HomeTurf

HomeTurf is an artificial turf installation company with over 13 years experience in the trade. We pride ourselves on our impeccable lawns and our dedication to a positive customer experience throughout our sales and construction process. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our sales representatives and support personnel are extremely courteous and professional. We want to work to earn your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Offers by HomeTurf	 on Angi

C-27
    CSLB
    12/31/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Landscape Design, Landscape Construction and Installation, Landscape Maintenance, Irrigation, Tree Trimming, Drainage, Landscape Lighting, Water Features, Ponds, Concrete Walls, Drought Tolerant, Xeri-Xcape, Rock, Flagstone, Keystone, Fencing, Masonry, Mulch, & Topsoil, Pavers, Concrete, Block Walls, Synthetic Lawn, Putting Greens, Erosion Control, Gardening, Organic Gardens, Raised Gardens, Vegetable Gardens,