ASI The White Glove Guys!

Founded 1952 • With Angi since September 2004

The White Glove Guys are San Diego's BEST Heating, A/C, Plumbing and Solar Panels provider. We are passionate about providing homeowner with the safest, healthiest, most energy efficient and comfortable home. Family owned & operated since 1952. Financing available. License #: 513115. Additional email - mbaldwin@asiheatingandair.com. Additional contact name - Nick Reid....

Ladainian Tomlinson Joins The White Glove Guys

+1 more images

HVAC Companies (898)air duct cleaning (34)plumbers (31)insulation (25)water heaters (7)electrician (36)home energy audit (32)solar companies (29)lighting (5)home inspection (5)asbestos removal (2)

09/22/2022

Phil S.

Was charged $350 over the original quote of $200 ($550) to solder ONE coupling onto the existing 1/2 inch copper stem and replace a shower head that I supplied. I recommend using other companies for plumbing work!

Description of Work
Replace Shower/ bathtub diverter

Work Completed On 09/22/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you did not have a good experience with us and would like the opportunity to make things right with you. Please call me directly at 619-590-9300 ext 328 so that we can discuss how we can change your experience with us into a positive one. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks and have a great day! Thanks, The White Glove Guys

09/14/2022

Scott M.

The company was responsive when I called and punctual at arrival. Telephone rep was friendly. Presentation of estimate was vague at the outset. Said the estimate is 220 at which point he can get me more info. I requested a general range, assuming I was correct that it was a simple copper pipe leak. He indicated he has to diagnose first. He spend less than 10 minutes under the house and came out with the exact issue I told him it was. Of course, at that point he had a clear value; over $800 to repair a pinhole leak in a copper pipe. Minimal materials, just time. I asked about the Angies List discount and he told me he did not have anything like that so I went in and printed it out upon which he remembered. The final bill was about 770, the work he did, including estimate, took about 30 minutes. So it looks like around 1540 an hour. I know I got ripped off, no respectable company that valued a long term relationship with their customers would ever behave like this. I will never go back and I highly recommend to anyone else to avoid at all costs!

Description of Work
Repair pipe leak

Work Completed On 09/13/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you did not have a good experience with us and we would like the opportunity to make things right with you. Please call me directly so we can discuss how we can change your experience with us into a positive one. I can be reached at 619-590-9300 ext 328. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again and have a great day! Sincerely, The White Glove Guys

08/12/2022

Jim B.

Never again with ASI, the White Glove Guys I just went through a plumbing problem using ASI and will never use them again. My problem started when I could hear water running in a downstairs bathroom. And found that I had water leaking out at the base of the stucco siding behind the bathroom. I called ASI and they were able to send a plumber the next day. The plumber arrives and I explain the situation to him, and we agree that the best (least destructive) way to get to where we hear the leak is from the outside. He cuts an 18-inch square hole in the stucco so that we could see the leak. The good news is that we cut in exactly the right spot to see what was going on. The bad news is that the water was leaking from the sleeve surrounding a branch of the water line that went down into the concrete slab. He tells me he can’t fix the leak, but he will take the appropriate pictures and send them to the person at ASI who does leak detection and have him call me the next day. Cost for his 30 minute visit was $225 ($450 per hour!) and all I have to show for it is a hole in the side of my house. To be fair to the plumber, he didn’t know what he would find, and had the leak been above the slab he could have fixed it and we would have gone happily on our way. The next day comes and goes with no call from ASI, so I call them the following day. They can schedule me in for three days later. I’m thinking that the guy coming is going to locate the leak and fix it, but that’s not what happened. He looked at the problem and we discussed where the possible places where the leaking line could go to. We figure there are two likely places the line goes, one good and one bad. The most likely possibility is to the ice maker in the refrigerator which is in the middle of the slab with no easy way to get to it. The other is to a wet bar sink that was removed many years ago with the line water lines capped off. He says that if the leak is in the unused sink, the water line it will just be capped and it will just be a service call like before. If they have to reroute the water line will be a one-day job which is a fixed price of $2900. Considering that we think that they are going to have to run a line to an outlet in the middle of the slab, the price appeared reasonable, so we schedule for several days later. When the plumbers arrive to do the repair, the first thing is to cap off the leaking line and determine where this line actually goes. The good news is that it isn’t the ice maker, but it wasn’t the capped off wet bar sink either. Instead, this line goes to the kitchen sink. This was the best alternative possible as almost the entire rerouted line could be run outside the house. They proceed and you can see the result in the pictures. The long line on the house turns into the house though a hole they cut in the stucco and through one cabinet and has a shutoff valve on the end of it. On the near end was a down-over-up loop of about 18 inches total to connect to the water supply. They insisted on taking lunch at the point where they just had to solder one last joint. So, after the lunch break they take five minutes to solder the joint and turn on the water to check for leaks. They got here a little before 9 am and even after a 30 lunch, it is 11:30 when they are done. So even though they spend less than half a day running this one line, they still charged the full amount. I complained to the company but their argument is that they change a fix price to protect the customer if the job goes long. The problem is that if the job goes short because they estimated the job incorrectly, the customer does not get a break. In hindsight, the job should have been reevaluated once the true destination of the water line was known and done on a time and material basis. So, the bottom line is that I paid ASI over $3100 for a little over three hours work or about $1000 per hour. I will never use them again!

Description of Work
Water line leak repair

Work Completed On 08/12/2022

Review for ASI The White Glove Guys! - 4870 Viewridge Ave, San Diego, CA - 39834414

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you did not have a good experience with us. It is unfortunate that a resolution could not be reached after your conversations with Tyler and Steve. We do understand your concern about the pricing and the time it took to complete the job. However, the amount of time that it took to complete the job has very little to do with the pricing. We assure you that you were charged the correct and lowest price possible for the work that was done and we stand by our quality of work and warranty guarantee. We would love the opportunity to service your needs again in the future and change your experience with us into a positive one. We hope that you'll give us another chance to make things right with you. If there is anything that I can do for you, please contact me directly at 619-590-9300 ext 328. Thanks again and have a great day! Sincerely, The White Glove Guys

05/28/2022

Peter F.

Horrible! I called them out to fix my a/c they said it was a circuit board and wanted $1200 to repair it. I was charged a $77 service fee. I didn't feel good about it and called out a different company. The new company said it was a transformer, a total of $100 later my a/c was fixed. What scammers ASI is, DO NOT USE

Description of Work
Diagnosis of my hvac

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

12/10/2021

Mary L.

Beginning with Jason, estimator, Jonathon, scheduler and workers, Taylor and Kevin am well pleased with the end result. Taylor particularly was helpful to me by answering any and all questions that I had. Both workers were very professional. It was, all in all, a pleasure working with all of them.

Description of Work
Furnace ducting replaced in attic/crawl area

Category electrician

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this nice review.

11/04/2021

Bill C.

Dealing with office was frustrating - spent lots of time on hold, found that the HVAC guys don't do vents or plumbing - different parts of ASI don't talk to each other.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC ductwork and dryer vent

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

07/31/2021

Kai C.

The technician told me that my 12-year-old AC is out of refrigerant. That part is true. It uses R22 which is no longer legal to be manufactured or imported in the US -- that is also true. However he told me that it is not possible to buy that refrigerant from the market nor to refill it, because it is sealed. I did not know much about air conditioning so I did not question his statement. But now I know what he said is not true, after doing just a little bit research. I needed to do some research because the price tag he quoted me for installing a completely new AC + furnace + duct, at $15,000 - $20,000, is quite impractical for me. I'm getting other people to come and take a look at the system to see if it can be repaired. And at least one quote that I got put it at $2,500, for refilling the AC with the refrigerant, fixing the leak, repairing the furnace if it needs to be done, and repairing the duct. The furnace was in perfectly good shape, and does not need to be replaced. The duct just needs to be patched up and also does not need to be replaced. I understand that everyone needs to make a living. But I don't believe that everyone needs to get rich, especially at the cost of others. The representatives that I worked with at ASI 10, 12 years ago were fine people. I'm saddened to see the newer generation not being trained to put customers first. I'm saddened to see that, in a more charitable light, they are not mentored well, in a more abrasive perspective, they are incentivized to be dishonest. I'm not writing the negative review to vent or to damage the company. Rather I'm hoping that this may serve to help the company go back to its roots: putting customers first. When I bought the very unit that needs repair from ASI, the technician looked for ways to help me cut cost, doing extra work so that it would introduce the least number of holes they'd have to drill through the dry wall. He's not paid extra for doing that -- it's just a decent and nice thing to do. That kind of workmanship goes beyond customer satisfaction; it sets the company apart, not just in the crowded HVAC field, but in the community where we live. It is witness to the miracle that you can carry on a business, an honest business, and make a decent profit, without twisting your moral compass and jeopardizing your standard. It is not just that I want to be able to work with people like that -- I want my children to be able to grow up and still be able to work with people like that.

Description of Work
My air conditioning is running but the fan doesn't work. I asked ASI to come and run a diagnosis. I did not find ASI through Angi; I called them first because I've bought 2 AC units from the company before, and have had great past experience with them.

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

07/21/2021

Anne K G.

It was great. They were professional, on time, skilled, knowledgeable, and polite.

Description of Work
They put in solar on my house.

Category solar panels

Work Completed On 07/21/2016

05/03/2021

Brenda D.

So they advertise they are available 7 days a week 24 hours a day. I called on Saturday and the guy said he couldn’t help me unless I was an existing customer. Talk about false advertising. I called to speak with someone and nobody really cared. I know I can go to other companies but it was the principal. I want them to change their advertising. It is the principle of it.

Description of Work
Air conditioning

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

01/26/2021

Rudy L.

Andres did a good job repairing my water supply line leak; however, it was way too expensive. He installed $88 pressure regulator, $12 ball valve, $15 copper pipe, $11 couplings, $20 supplies (solder, flux, propane gas, etc.) $12 sales tax. The job took 2 hours and I was billed $1073. That is more than $450 an hour. Even if you add one hour travel time (to and from work) and perhaps deduct $50 for the use of work vehicle (gas, insurance, maintenance, etc.) $50 for overhead (insurance, office space & supplies, utilities, clerk, supervisor’s cut, etc.) it’s still over $270 an hour. I’m sure my doctor does not make that much. My fault for spur of the moment decision. I should have entertained quotes from others. Moral of the story is do not let little inconvenience shadow your decision-making process. It will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. $158-parts & supplies $100-overhead expenses $815-labor

Description of Work
Repair leaking water supply pipi.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 01/17/2021

01/13/2021

Afshin H.

Very expensive. The price was estimated to be more than $300 for replacing a shut off valve.

Description of Work
Replacing a shut off valve

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

12/12/2020

Shirlely F.

Great! Alex and his assistant Raymond were prompt, clean, kind and efficient. They were quiet speaking to each other and did a very fine job.

Description of Work
airvents replaced and enlarged

Category electrician

Cost $1,072.8

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

10/26/2020

Sarah B.

Don't know what's going on with these guys, but on top of not having any communication regarding an email sent about a receipt for over $5500 for a AC install, they just FAILED the requireed inspections by HERS. The worst experience I've had in a long time unfortunately.

Description of Work
AC install (still not completed)

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

09/29/2020

Robert B.

The technician was on time, and very helpful...explaining each step as it occurred. Several options were provided. We still need to resolve some issues, so we will be contacting this company again fairly soon.

Description of Work
A/C evaluation and repair

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/21/2020

James O.

They claim 24 service but never responded on a w/e!

Description of Work
AC repair; high pressure relief valve

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

09/06/2020

Mario D.

It was fixed after replacing a bad solenoid

Description of Work
Ac not blowing cold air

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

08/15/2020

Wendy W.

Great service and professional, friendly attitude by technician Giovanni Russo! He explained why and how my AC needed improvements. He was mindful of my budget requirements and provided the company's senior discounts. I appreciated how thorough he was and his attention to detail in servicing my AC equipment. Upon completion of his service, I immediately felt improvement in the AC flow in my home. He was so kind in explaining sometimes more than once, all the details of his visit to a female senior customer. I will always request Giovanni and ASI when I need professional services in the future.

Description of Work
Check on AC and improve its performance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

Review for ASI The White Glove Guys! - 4870 Viewridge Ave, San Diego, CA - 38800691

08/14/2020

Willie A.

All plumbers were very professional and courteous. Theo took the time to explain what the problem was, and what they needed to do to fix it. Overall work was excellent! I would use ASI anytime without hesitation!

Description of Work
Replaced cracked water pipes under sink

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

07/22/2020

James L.

On time, and explained what had to be done. Living out here in Pine Valley it can be difficult to get anybody to come out to even bid. Not a big job, 5 checked off, 1 didn't call back, two weren't interested, to far, and one sent a salesman. The one installer did a great job, and finished quickly

Description of Work
Repair on 3 ducts on the heater/air that were damaged by mice.

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/10/2020

Judi H.

Everything was great! They didn't charge me upfront, they waited after the repair. They cleaned up after themselves, and did a nice job. Price was reasonable, service was good, and workmanship was good.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

06/19/2020

George M.

Good job, excellent work, had no problems at all.

Description of Work
Service maintenance

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

06/07/2020

Bill L.

Cost too much for the small job I requested.

Description of Work
In ice cube shutoff valve

Category air duct cleaning