Star Builders Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2012

4.1

2355 Westwood Blvd # 662

Los Angeles, CA 90064

Star Builders, inc. combines years of experience and expertise with design ingenuity to create beautiful, functional homes. We blend quality craftmanship and product knowledge with exceptional, custom tailored service into every project. We do a personalized case study of your wishes and the necessities, generating an exchange of ideas. It's those ideas that will lead to drafts, floor plans and a full understanding of the project objectives. Our team will guide you through the design process; from optimal use of space- to selection of materials and the balance of color. That way, together, we begin construction with confidence. We manage the job site first hand with emphasis on customer courtesy and the intergrity of work, while maintaining a progress schedule. We strive for customer satisfaction through comitment from creation to completion....

06/19/2013

Brian J.

Joseph from Star Builders Inc gave us an exorbitantly expensive bid, it was laughably expensive. He left and we told him we will follow-up with him if we were interested and we didn't. He called back a few days later and offered to come to do all the work himself apart from Star Builders for some less money. It was just a really shady feeling and we weren't impressed at all. He was very responsive, he was very polite when he was here. It was a very pleasant experience until we heard the quote.

Description of Work
We had a lot of odd jobs that we wanted accomplished and a couple of new things installed, nothing super expensive but beyond what we can do. We wanted a couple of motion sensor lights installed, a couple of switches rewired to outdoor lights, we wanted the tub and the shower redone and some water damaged pieces of wood on the outside. We also wanted a gate fixed on the outside.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, water damage restoration, doors

04/29/2013

Ruby N.

We couldn't be happier with our contractor. We had such a good experience with Star Builders, Inc. and our contractor Larry, when we remodeled our kitchen.We chose Star Builders, Inc. because eveyone that we met and spoke with was wonderfully personable AND very professional. The price was a little bit more than we planned, but we got was amazing. We have already started planning our bathroom remodel project with them.

Description of Work
We were originally just going to replace the cabinets and the appliances' but we decided to do a complete remodel after seeing the beautiful design they did. They suggested if we were to remove the two , small non-bearing walls of the kitchen nook area,we could have a much larger kitchen, so we did and the new kitchen is stunning.! I now have two new, beautiful, large windows to look out onto my backyard, a fabulous island that seats five plus workspace, new recess lighting, gorgeous cabinets with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and flooring thats exquisite.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

03/25/2013

SHELBY G.

They could have done the job in three to four days, but it's already been ten days and it's far from done. My roof still has a hole in it, the windows and doors are not up yet. The workmen don't bother to ever show up and they have left a mess in my backyard. There is never a supervisor present and they do not return my calls. They say they are coming to work and then do not show up. I have never had such a bad experience with a company.

Description of Work
They were supposed to put windows in and a small roof on my balcony.

Category decks, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, doors

We appreciate all the reviews we get, in addition to the time the members take to write them. We hold your opinion of us, in high regard. This naturally sets the standard for our work ethic and level of customer service. So I was truly taken aback by this customers review, as I was under the impression we had built a good report through our daily back and forth telephone conversations. I felt that the job was handled well. We completed everything stated on the contract and abided by the contract scheduling. The contract was signed 3/15/2013 and we started work only after the “3 day right to cancel” waiting period (required by law). We were able to accommodate all her requests and even with the multitude of rescheduling, the job finished 2 days ahead of the scheduled contract completion date. I ask that this review is read with a greater understanding and consideration. I also ask- to please read our other reviews that I believe attest more to what type of company that we are. Thank you

03/05/2013

ELEANOR S.

Simon, Guy, and other workers were on time, explained work as it progressed. All work completed timely. Also cleanup done each day.

Description of Work
Install drywall, paint, install tile and laminate flooring.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/29/2013

Neal R.

From start to finish, the entire project went very smoothly. As with any remodel this size, there will always be unforeseen issues....but the way they were handled is the real issue. And in my case, Guy took care of everything as well as anyone could have.

Description of Work
As most everyone, I have had mixed results with the people I have used from Angie’s List…but this happens to be an occasion that my results turned out as good, if not better than expected. Rarely does any kind of remodeling go without problems, but I got lucky enough to find a company that were really on top of things, and by understanding what I wanted to accomplish, were able to provide me additional input that gave me a final outcome even higher than my lofty expectations. “Guy” (that’s his name) from Star Builders, Inc., actually took the time to now only listen to what I wanted to accomplish but provided additional ideas that along with all of the sample materials, made me feel comfortable from the beginning. I’ve been a customer with Angie’s List for quite some time now and never been let down, but every now and then, a contractor surprises me. Star Builders, Inc. surpassed my expectations. They took time to sit with us, really listen to what we wanted and hear are concerns. Guy came prepared with a variety of material samples and great design ideas! Having a nice selection of samples combined with a beautiful design plan made it easy! We started our master bedroom remodel by opening the room, the bath across the hallway and the hallway walls between. Now we had one large master suite with the square footage to accommodate a custom tailored, organized walk in closet, a sitting area by the new bay window plus an exceptional lavish master bath. Guy and Star Builders incorporated our style with the functionality we desired when creating our perfect bathroom. We now have a separate, beautiful walk in shower. It has all the amenities from a Rain shower head above, shower body sprayers, elegant travertine design, niches’ and a bench. The old standard style tub was replaced with an amazing step down Jacuzzi, styled with ergonomic head rests and jets. They understood the difference between new construction and a remodel. So, as my family & I continued to live in the house during construction, they were extremely neat & respectful of our schedule. Not only did they finish the job with excellent results, they also finished within the time expected and within our budget, with out the need of “cutting corners”. I rarely write good reviews….only because I am forced to write the “buyer beware” ones…..but finally I found someone who really knows what they are doing. This was a good sized job, ($45,000)….but the results were as said, even better than expected…..and it was completed without the usual aggravation !! I give Guy & Star Builders a 5 star rating.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

11/13/2012

Liza W.

I had actually had four estimates before I met with Guy from Star Builders. None of them seemed quite right, either they showed up very late or when they came in they didn't wipe their feet and tracked in dirt. These things made me wonder how they would be on the job! Guy from Star builders showed up on time, wiped his feet thoroughly and sat listening patiently to what I wanted. He then told me my options to get everything I wanted including the limited space concern. With his wonderful suggestions and detailed explanation of the entire process in a way I could understand,it made my contractor choice clear! Everyone was kind and considerate and cleaned after themselves everyday. The job finished earlier than I thought and my kitchen and bathroom came out better than I could have possibly dreamed. If your considering doing any work to your house, Star Builders are the guys!

Description of Work
I had a very old, outdated kitchen and bathroom and both were limited with space. Both rooms needed everything from cabninets to flooring.

Category home remodeling

A Team Plumbing Services Inc

Plumbing company founded in 2017 with technicians who have been in plumbing for more than 20 years. We cover any plumbing issues that deal with water, gas, and sewer. Our goal is to help you with any and all plumbing issues you may be having. We are available 7 days a week for your convenience.

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers by DiBara Masonry on Angi
    Juan De Jesus Inc

We are family owned and operated and as such here at Juan De Jesus Inc, we sustain our business on quality, honesty, and integrity. We are experts in the Construction and Remodeling trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We aim to be your number choice in the Construction industry and we are always looking to grow as a company, individuals, and as a positive influence in our community. We look forward to earning your business, call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE!

Offers by Juan De Jesus Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available
    Ask for details.

Home improvement, Addition and General Remodel, Financing (o.a.c.), Utility Rebates and Free Estimates.