American Handyman Service LLC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

American Handyman Service is a local family owned & operated home repair and improvement company. We strive for the best customer service and satisfaction around. We are confident that if you use our service once you will use it again. And we hope you'll refer your family and friends too! American Handyman Service is your professional alternative for home repairs and maintenance....

R & JS CONSTRUCTION FIRE and WATER RESTORATION

We are your one stop shop for all of your water and fire restoration needs. We will take care of you from start to finish. We have been serving the greater Tucson area since 1998. We are family owned and operated, and we have over 26 yrs of experience. We offer free estimates and unparalled customer service.

Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been helping improve customer's homes in Southern Arizona since 1959. We are of course fully bonded, licensed and insured. We are locally owned and a well know fixture in the community. We currently employee over 150 wonderful people in Tucson and you likely see our trucks all over town. We are dedicated to building science and modern technology, which is why our HVAC installations are well known as some of the best around. We pull permits on almost every job, the fact that we go over and above code requirements to achieve high quality AC replacement is one of the reasons we count a number of inspectors among our clients. In recent years, we have won the Trane President's Award for Best Trane Dealer in Tucson and are the largest Lennox dealer in the region. We have also won Arizona Daily Star Best In Tucson awards in 2019 and 2020. But what makes us the choice for so many local customers is our people - we hire for quality and then invest in training them to be the best. You'll find friendly, supportive and communicative expertise from your first call to our office all the way through to support and responsiveness once your work is completed. We look forward to the opportunity to make you another genuinely satisfied customer, please give us a call.

Offers by Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing on Angi
Superior One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating

When you have commercial or residential work that needs to be done quickly and with an eye for quality, look no further than Superior Air. We have the most highly-trained, industry-certified master technicians with years of experience working for both commercial and residential clients.

02/24/2021

William O.

Agreed to the quote and scheduled to start in the morning of 02/24/21. Called the worker a day prior and was told he would come between 8-10 AM. Didn't show up, called around 10:30 AM. Said would arrive around Noon. Now passes 2 PM, still no show and didn't call back to explain why late. Just pure bad communication and service!! Will not use them again.

Description of Work
To replace an existing irritation with PVC and enhance patio posts.

Category irrigation systems

07/25/2020

Steven P.

This is the second time I have needed their help (the first being more than five years ago for fairly major repair of the track of my sliding glass door - which went well, by the way, which is of course why I hired them again!)... In June, I spoke with Herb initially about this job, and he provided very straightforward info up front about how they do things, which was good because it had been so long since I hired them. He was very understanding about my need to ensure my tenants that no one would come to the door, for their privacy, esp. given the pandemic. On the scheduled day, July 1, Chris showed up within our agreed-on time window to begin work. First, Chris went up and promptly assessed the damage, and then consulted with me. The patching of the leaking corner "L" joint of the gutter was a clear path as I predicted, though it would be some extra work to clean out my previous failed attempt to patch it with the wrong material. As to the damaged fascia boards below, my initial thought had been that at least two boards would need replacing (see my two before photos from Sept.). However, Chris advised against that since it would require complete detachment of the metal porch awning/roof extension to do that properly. He said that could be done, but it would be very costly, so he advised careful patching of the fascia as an alternative. I agreed to it, he went to get materials, came back, did the work, and it turned out looking really good - much better than I thought it could at the outset. [Several days later, my tenant painted over the area after the patch compound was thoroughly dry, and at that point, it was hard to even tell anything had been done there.] My experiences with American Handyman - so far only two, but five years apart - have been very good. They've been very professional, and I thought the pricing was fair considering the time it takes to do this work. I will call them first next time I need something done!

Description of Work
Gutter leak on roof and water damage to fascia just beneath it

Category gutter repair,roofing

04/19/2019

Bob L.

I called American Handyman to set up an appointment. Talked to Herb, the owner, and told him the job that needed to be done. I was pretty specific. Two rows of glass tile for a kitchen backsplash. It would be approximately 16 feet long and 5 inches high. There would be a few cuts around some electrical outlets, and very small grout lines. I had all the materials. I was told no problem, and scheduled the job for two weeks later. One of their employees, Wes, showed up at my house at the appointed time. He took a look at the job and immediately started with excuses. "It was glass tile and he didn't have tools to make the cuts. Cutting the tile would leave jagged edges. The grout lines were too small and he didn't know if that was possible!" I've seen and done jobs like this in the past and I wasn't asking for anything impossible, so I told my wife to send him away and we'd find someone who could do the job. If American Handyman can't send out workers with the right tools and who are comfortable doing the job, then they should never accept the job. They do nothing but waste my time and theirs. In the future, I will not be calling this company for a tile job.

Description of Work
2 rows of glass tile for kitchen backsplash

Category handyman service,home remodeling

06/02/2018

Rocio P.

This guy over quoted me. Sketchy about quoting me. Way to expensive He quoted me $400. I would never call him again. I called another handyman service and did the job for half.

Description of Work
Hanging Trellis, Securing outdoor lights

Category handyman service

02/21/2018

Natasha A.

Their technician showed up at approx. 7:45. Without starting doing any repairs, he disappeared to "get supplies" and was gone from exactly 8:30 until 10:30 am. Supplies turned out to be a can of plaster and a metal net, and not any kind of hard to find supplies that justify being gone for 2 hours. The technician showed up at 10:30 and finally started patching the hole. Then he was gone for some time again, came back and resumed working. He was gone before 1pm. Therefore, real work time will barely account for 3 hours. A family member was on the premises at all times and observed the "work" schedule. If we switch to the work product instead, then it is obvious that a specialist should be able to patch more than just ONE (1) hole in the wall. While trying to talk to the manager to resolve this issue, I was yelled at and directed to wait for the technician's call. Instead of calling me, he called my husband (who was unaware of the dispute at the time of the call) and insisted he worked for 7 full hours. This call was followed up by my letter with an invitation to resolve the dispute, which still remains unanswered. Instead of resolving the issue, I was charged $435.48, including the supplies. NO RECEIPT was provided for the supplies shopping. I would not have disputed the supplies charge if the technician showed up with them. Since he was gone for 2 hours one time and for approx. one hour later (maybe an extended lunch break?) and was looking for the supplies, I requested that I was provided with a receipt. This request was ignored as well. The oral agreement that my husband had with them was for a full day of work at the rate of $50.00/hour. During that time, like I already said, only 1 hole was patched. My other question is: why am I supposed to pay for a non-accounted for, extended absence and undocumented purchases? And yet another question: why does management ignores client's complaints in its entirety?

Description of Work
patching a small hole in the outside wall

Category drywall,handyman service

11/20/2017

Karen M.

Small job. Quick response, arrived on time, professional conduct, and successful repairs - replaced the broken hinge and fixed the mis-aligned door so the deadbolt would lock.

Description of Work
Repair broken spring on door hinge, and re-align another door so the deadbolt would lock.

Category handyman service,doors

09/13/2017

Lorna G.

Great! Very creative thinking involved to repair my baseboard - and it looks good!

Description of Work
I needed some repairs on my baseboard trim.

Category contractors

08/08/2017

Carol L.

sloppy, incomplete, a disaster NOT LICENSED FOR PLUMBING!!!

Description of Work
plumbing repair

Category handyman service,plumbing

02/07/2017

Carol L.

After seven visits and 20 hours of labor we had to hire another plumber to finish the job. After one visit there was an obvious leak when the "tech" left! Very sloppy incomplete work. "Re-piped" part, then had to go back, take that out and "re-pipe" the whole house (only about 10 feet involved). We paid for an unbelievable amount of "travel time". On one occasion the "tech" was at Home Depot at 6:00am, but arrived at the job at 9:00am, left the job at 1:00pm, charge for labor was $535.00 (@$51 per hour) ! (+ $100 in materials) This was to "re-pipe waterlines hot and cold, (these were the lines that were replaced 6 weeks later) a line and valve to the toilet and to install our faucet at the bathroom sink. After complaint about the time the total was reduced to $482.00. Total to AHS was over $1400.00 The cost to have someone else complete the job was $725.00.

Description of Work
Needed to have water connected and all plumbing checked, and repaired if necessary, for Park Model manufactured home (trailer)

Category handyman service,plumbing

03/25/2016

Yvonne M.

When they left I could not see one single thing they had done to the front door. Air still flows through and allows breeze into home. It cost me $50 to have little to no improvement made. Then they were to give me an estimate on putting in a door between our master bedroom and master bath. Days went by, heard nothing, a week, 2 weeks, I finally called them. Today I get a quote from them via email saying it would cost $1000 to put a door in...seriously? We were asking for a thicker door and some stripping around the door to block noise but I think they're just a tad bit overpriced. Rip off, unbelievable, not impressed or happy with them. Will not use again.

Description of Work
They were to stop air flow from front door and give me an estimate on putting in a door between master bedroom and master bathroom.

Category contractors,handyman service,doors

Painting, plumbing repairs & installation, toilets, fixtures, valves, leak repairs, stucco repair, drywall & texture, carpentry - trim, fascia, roofing repairs & coating, electrical-repairs/installations, evap coolers, bathroom upgrades, door repair & installation, slabs & pre hung, jamb repair & break ins, thresholds & weatherstripping, patio door rollers, pet doors, security doors, pocket door repairs done right, assembly, grab bars, window blinds, handicap accessories & child-proofing

sewer service, rootering.