Sit Well Upholstery Fabric & Fit Furniture

Founded 1973 • With Angi since September 2008

2802 E Greenway Rd # 1

Phoenix, AZ 85032

Our goal is to provide our customers with the absolute best Upholstery Shop in Phoenix, Greater Phoenix and the East Valley. Our experience has made us the most trusted source for Upholstery Antique Repair in Phoenix, AZ . Sitwell Upholstery brings a wealth of professional, courteous and prompt knowledge in Car & Boat Upholstery, Custom Furniture and Upholstery Repair. We focus on providing high-quality service for Commercial & Residential Clients. For almost 40 Years, Sit Well Upholstery has offered the finest custom built furniture . We specialize in; repairs, refinishes and custom stains for most wood furniture. We also offer services for all furniture including Antiques, Automobiles, AV's, Boats and Cornicis....

11/29/2020

Cherie M.

Long story short, upholstery job was excellent, chairs turned out beyond my expectations. Leopard print. (So you know who I am!) Professional manners of owner, Rick, are also beyond expectations. He unleashed his political views on my daughter ( who owns a business next to his, and they did a trade). She was picking up my chairs for me. He told her he hopes ALL **-king hillbilly Trump supporters, including her, die of Covid, that would rid the country of stupidity. He said many more negative things political against Trump and his supporters. My daughter was so upset to hear someone say he hoped we all die, because of who we voted for, she left very upset, in tears. As a supposedly professional business man, he should be smart enough to keep his political thoughts to himself, AND his big liberal mouth shut. Wonder why this country is divided? Go to Sitwell and talk to Rick. Perfect example. On top of that, he charged $357. More than agreed upon.....typical. She paid it, if I were there I wouldn’t have. He is a rude *******.

Description of Work
2chairs reupholstered

08/27/2019

SARA M.

Left message on Sunday and Monday for a phone call. Never got one. When I called them a very crabby and rude man came on, and said he could not help me without a picture of the furniture, I am an Interior Designer and know exactly what the problem was. He quoted a trip charge and an hourly repair fee, but couldn't guarantee it, even though I explained the problem exactly. They don't want new business and they certainly won't ever get mine.

Description of Work
Repair of furniture

02/09/2018

Ed Z.

Terribly! The fabric bunched up and was not tight. We asked them to fix the problem, they avoided all our calls and emails. We reported them to the BBB and found out they were using the BBB logo without authorization. You are able to see what the BBB said about them if you visit their site. We never got our money back nor the cushions fixed. Very bad people!

Description of Work
We hired Sit Well Upholstery to recover our two Sofa's cushions.

09/02/2017

Lawrence K.

went great friendly people. quality work

Description of Work
new cushions for couch

Category upholstery

[Member Name Removed], We are so pleased, with your satisfaction! and thank you for this review, Cant wait to work with you again on any future projects!!

04/17/2017

Kerrie S.

My experience with Sit Well started off great. Rick was very responsive and helpful at first. Then he made a mistake with my job. Instead of working with me to resolve it, he denied that he agreed to a review step in the job (even though he is the one who suggested it), then tried to convince me I didn’t know what my furniture cushions look like. When I tried to show him documentation like prior email messages or childhood pictures of my furniture, he refused to look at it and came up with another explanation to try to prove that I was wrong. The mistake was such that it required that the entire sofa and love seat be reupholstered. We went around and around trying to find a solution. We discussed the possibility of sharing the repair cost with the fabric at wholesale, but did not agree to terms. Eight days later, he emailed to tell me the job was done and that I would have to pay an additional $940.20 to get my furniture back. In addition, Rick increased the price of the fabric on the invoice several times after I’d paid the deposit for the job. Although the fabric manufacturer sells the fabric at $34 a yard retail, Rick insisted it was $38.95 a yard. Because of this, I now believe he may have overcharged me for other items, as well, but I cannot check the prices because I do not know the sources. Those are the difficulties I encountered in the process of getting the work completed. Each of the pieces of furniture Sit Well worked on also have problems: --The sofa and love seat are no longer comfortable to sit on. The springs were adjusted but none of them were adjusted the same amount, so each cushion feels different. --The cushions on my chairs no longer fit properly after the original cushions were wrapped in wool. Instead of their original streamlined 70s modern look, they look overstuffed. After the job was finished, I was told that the overstuffed look was to be expected. --The daybed I had them make a cushion for is badly stained. Part of that is from the fabric (after the furniture was stained, they told me that staining from a dark fabric is normal). It also has another dark stain that looks like something was spilled on the bed. I was told it would be cleaned up, but it was delivered still dirty. I took delivery on the furniture because I felt like I had no other choice. I am deeply dissatisfied with how the furniture looks and feels. I no longer trust that Rick did not inflate the numbers in my original estimate and that he used subpar materials that will not hold up. I have no reason to believe that he will honor his warranty if anything goes wrong in the future. I feel like I have overpaid dearly for low-quality furniture that I will have to live with unhappily for years.

Description of Work
I had a sofa and love seat reupholstered, two chairs reupholstered, and a cushion made for a daybed.

Category upholstery

When your initial request came through March of last year (2016) we were very committed to the work since it was a special full organic construction both the fabric, foam and batting. The mistake was granting your request to wash the fabric before upholstering and assuming after your year review of the process you would understand the ramifications of pre-washing organic fabric. The potential of shrinkage, discoloration and wrinkles. While anticipating the problems we allowed you to wash the material and had you inspect the fabric after we iron each part for approval. Each review you accepted the material thus we commenced with the full upholstery. Then again, on several other occasions we asked you into the shop, you did comply, to get your approval for the construction and comfort of the furniture, there were occasion we made alteration upon your request. Then before final delivery you came in to the shop again to approve the job. Although we would have loved to redo the upholstery and buy the replacement material completely, since you were not happy with the pre-washed fabric, as a small business we could not incur the total cost, so instead we agreed that you would pay only half of the material cost and we would the the other half and do the upholstery for free.

03/08/2017

Salman S.

They showed up on time and they did a good job. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets.

Category carpet cleaners

01/02/2017

Rick Y.

Dropped off early one morning and completed by end-of-day

Description of Work
two leather sofa cushions were reconditioned (core replaced) they were very accommodative with one cushion soft and one cushion firm

11/29/2016

Sherry H.

They are beyond beautiful. Excellent workmanship. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
I had 2 matching sofas reupholstered with beautiful striped fabric from their collection.

11/07/2016

Bill L.

Price too high. I will have to save up to have job done.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote on upholstery and new foam for a camping trailer. I provided materials.

08/29/2016

Michael S.

went very well. the cushions were a unique size that they matched. lots of options on fabrics and fillings. took a little longer than it felt like it should. they are very busy and do good work.

Description of Work
replacement of outdoor furniture cushions

05/11/2016

MARGO B.

I contacted this provider by email. Shareen replied by phone within 24 hours and asked me to provide photos. The top of an outdoor umbrella cover had a 24" diameter cap that need to be replaced. I purchased Sunbrella fabric for the replacement. Shareen called to say she did not receive the pictures and asked us to bring in the cover. We made an appointment for this morning. The place of repair is about a 15 mile drive for us. Upon arrival, Shareen was not there. Rick took one very cursory look at the cap that needed replacement and dismissively told us it would cheaper to buy a new cover. He was definitely not interested in the business. He told us it would take three hours. When I questioned that length of time for a simple repair, he asked me how long I thought it would take. I estimated that it could be done with the correct machine in two hours and maybe quicker with their expertise. He gave me a price of $110 for two hours. We left without having the work done. It was not the price as much as his attitude that caused my husband and I to hesitate. He made it very clear that he did not want to bother with such a small job. I would not recommend this company for a small job.

08/02/2015

Sandy P.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. They REALLY know their business, care about customer service; no question. I have injuries and getting those cushions right is crucial to prevent pain. SW totally understands and we are trying new foam. Daniella has been so understanding and we are working as a team to get the foam just right. :-) RUN to these guys if you want excellent service, I know they will come through. Very nice people who are service first.

Description of Work
Re-stuffed sofa cushions with premium foam within duck and goose down sleeves

06/28/2015

Jackie N.

We called them for an estimate, and they were willing to do come to the house as we lived close to their shop. We struggled a little to schedule the time to visit as we are away from the house from very early in the morning until late afternoon, but once the appointment was made they were prompt and quick. We got a written estimate and assurance that the work would add quite a few years to our high quality well maintained couch. They tried hard to come get the couch and return it to us in a timely fashion, but again, given our long work day, scheduling a pick up time after our work hours (home @ 5pm) took a little coordination and flexibility on our part, as well as theirs. We stopped by the shop to check in on the progress and they allowed us to sit on the new cushions to try them out. They returned the couch the next day. We have been very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced cushions in couch and reinforce seat

06/20/2015

Mary S.

Amazing. Great service. Our patio furniture cushions were in bad shape. We priced out brand new covers and padding at a patio furniture store, and it came to well over $2,000. Decided to get replacement foam instead. We found Sit-Well through Yelp and gave them a try. Highly recommend them for the following reasons: - price was below 25% of the new cushions priced at the patio store - plus we also had him do all the throw pillows, too - the day we brought in the covers, he stayed after store hours to get everything measured and priced - they were ready at the end of 4 business days - beautiful work - they look and feel brand new! When we need new covers, you can bet we'll give Sit-Well our business.

Description of Work
Replaced the foam inserts in our patio furniture cushions and pillows.

03/04/2015

Kelley D.

They did a great job, in a reasonable time frame (two weeks) and a reasonable price. Very happy with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Re-Upholster dining set

02/07/2015

Allison D.

After having the original fabric on my formal dining room chairs for close to 30 years, I was way overdue in having them reupholstered. What had kept me from doing that was the difficulty in finding a company that does very high quality work, since they are beautiful chairs and I wanted the quality of the reupholstery to be as good as the original work. I found Sit Well Upholstery through Angie's List, so I took over the cushions along with the very lovely fabric that I'd purchased to obtain an estimate from them for the project. I also wanted to see other examples of their work. Since the fabric that I'd chosen was close to $200 per yard, I wanted to make sure I was comfortable with their work prior to leaving the cushions with them. Rick was great to deal with and very professional in his approach. They agreed to do one cushion for me to look at prior to doing the other seven seat cushions. They did a beautiful job on the first cushion and now all eight of them are completed and back on the chairs. They look gorgeous and I'm so pleased with the end result. They were delivered on the date that they were promised and I felt their pricing was very reasonable. I was especially impressed that they called about two weeks later to make sure that I was pleased with their work. I have some other projects that I plan to have them complete for me, since they did such an excellent job on the dining room chairs. I would most certainly recommend their work.

Description of Work
I had my eight formal dining room chairs reupholstered by Sit Well Upholstery, using my own fabric.

11/25/2014

Denise W.

Better than I could have ever hoped for. From the owner, production manager, upholster, to delivery, the entire team was professional, knowledgable and really understood what we were looking to accomplish. I couldn't be happier. The upholster Ed literally matched the design of the material from the skirt to the buttons. It was flawless.

Description of Work
Reupholstered 2 chairs and love-seat

09/27/2014

Peter S.

I selected material for re-upholstering four dining room chair seats and backs. It took just a week for the material to arrive from NC then only two days for Sit Well Upholstery to complete the job. The quality of their work was excellent and Rick and Darcy were very pleasant to work with. I would use them again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Re-upholster and re-stuff four dining room seats and backs.

Category upholstery

Thanks (Member name removed) for the review, much of the credit goes to you and your wife by selecting the fabric. The choice was exceptional.

03/31/2014

Paula K.

Rick at Sitwell Upholstery was very quick with getting this job completed. We had an outdoor party and wanted the cushions done before the party. They were able to accommodate our request! With regards to the selection of fabric, Rick was very thorough on helping us choose the best quality and gave us advice on how it would wear and how long it should hold up. I wish I could add a photo to this review to show how nice they came out and what a difference it made to our outdoor decor.

Description of Work
We had purchased 2 sets of outdoor furniture at a garage sale and the cushions had been terribly sun damaged and had holes in them etc. We had Sit Well Upholstery recover and re-stuff our cushions with new outdoor Sunbrella fabric. They came out GREAT! And look so nice! I am very happy with the results!

03/30/2014

Robert H.

Rick from Sit Well Upholstery came to our home (2/12/14) and had several books of custom leather suppliers for us to select for the upholstery work. Found just the one we wanted and while he was at our home he calculated the cost of the job and called the factory leather supplier to insure they had sufficient quantity on hand. We received a quote from him before he left. He agreed to pick up and deliver the furniture as part of the quote. After 1 week of evaluating alternatives, we decided to accept the Sit Well Upholstery quote and called them. Rick asked for a down payment on the job so he could order/pay for the leather from his supplier. He accepted a charge card and completed the payment very smoothly. Approx. 1 week later we got a call that the leather had arrived and that they would come by at a convenient time for us and pick up our furniture. They soon picked up the furniture and took it to their shop. After approx 1 week he called and said I needed to stop by their shop for a final approval of what they were going to do and meet the guy who was doing the work. I went to the shop (which was pretty bare bones and set up as a workplace, not a showroom). The Sit Well Upholstery guy was very thorough in his explanation and offered some alternatives and suggestions which was very helpful. The completed work was delivered about 1 week later and I made the final payment over the phone after I inspected the work done. I must say I was VERY impressed with the quality of the work and materials. Based on my experience with Sit Well Upholstery, I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Re Upholstered a Leather Sofa, oversize Chair and 2 Ottomans

03/28/2014

Elizabeth K.

Very pleased with the unholstery work.

Description of Work
Not so pleased with the wood refinishing. Expect fill in for the chipped wood, not just darked stain.

02/24/2014

Vasant A.

We retained them to upholster a leather recliner and change the color of the wood on sides, arms control lever and the base in mid-Nov 2013. We decided to go with fabric and chose a fabric (Stinson Fossil 62742); SIT WELL promised to send us a swath of the fabric and they have never provided one to this date. We also provided a side table drawer to assist SIT WELL in color matching of the wood. The work was to be completed by end of Dec 2013. We called them in early Jan 2014 and they delivered it within few days with NO WOOD Coloring done and with damage to the arm. We had to point this out to the delivery man. They took it back and promised to fix it within a week or so. We never heard how this passed through their quality control. After a couple of weeks had passed without hearing from SIT WELL we called and eventually got a response saying the fabric got damaged and they would redo it. I was told by one of the owners he would personally verify all the work was done as per order and delver it. It was finally delivered on Feb 14, 2014. On delivery, we found 1) the lever handle was still in the original color whereas all other wood was changed. 2) The fabric used seemed different than one we chose but could not verify since a sample of the swath was never sent or given to us. My wife and I were so unhappy and disgusted dealing with SIT WELL, we decided to live with our losses and accept the recliner. In my 50 years of adult life, I have not come across a more unprofessional business with such shoddy workmanship and customer care. Our trust in SIT WELL based on the words of one of the co-owners was completely destroyed.

Description of Work
Upholster a leather recliner.

Category upholstery

You may recall this job was originally for reupholstering a Sofa & Love seat, I came out on several occasions to make sure you and your wife were happy with the material. Since your wife was not at the first meeting I left behind fabric samples behind for her review. Then mailed out more samples to you in Northern California while you were vacationing because you wanted to have the job completed as soon as possible, and could not wait to see the fabric when you returned to AZ. We believe it very important the customer is completely satisfied with the material before going forward. You gave me a deposit for this job, then after a few days called and asked for your money back, and even after we order the fabric incurring a lost, we returned your money in full. Unfortunately when we first delivered the Recliner, there was scratches on the wood caused by our delivery personnel. Since we guarantee all of our work, the recliner was returned to the shop and of course at this time you did not pay any balance. However, I do remember you calling me stating how happy you were with the job other than the scratches on the wood. Once the repairs were made and the delivery was completed you call into the office giving me the final balance on February 12th stating again how happy you were with the job. Nevertheless we are still willing to help resolve this issue in your favor.

12/30/2013

Paula C.

I was truly impressed with Sit-Well's professionalism, how smoothly the job went and how well it came out. The delivered on the promised date. The work was impeccably done. They were helpful and responded to my questions. I recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Reupholstered 2 bar stools and 6 chair pads.

10/17/2013

drew G.

Not only did they have the best pricing in town, but they picked up and returned the chairs 4 days earlier than the expected completion date. Their work was great and its apparent that they have a lot of experience with slipcovers/upholstery. I was extremely pleased. People that come through my home love the chairs and comment on how great the slipcovers look. To say the least, I am a very happy customer and will do more business with them in the future.

Description of Work
Made slipcovers for 2 club chairs

Category upholstery

Thank you very much for working with Sit Well Upholstery, it was a great pleasure working for you and look forward to the next time. Bringing back soul to your Sofa, love to your Loveseat and fun to your Furniture is our passion but we genuinely want to make you Happy and exceed your expectation. Thank you for recognizing our work and we a trilled you were satisfied with the job we performed, we are very proud of how everything turn out. I would have responded sooner but only now have I figured how to navigate this site. I hope you and your family are enjoying the Holiday season and a Happy New Year

10/06/2013

Pam W.

I tried to clean my expensive old couch and pulled the overstuffed foam out of the seat cushion coverings. The fabric shrank slightly and some of the zippers warped and failed when cleaned, and there was no way on earth to restuff the old foam pieces back in. I thought I'd have to buy all new foam, if they could even be salvaged given the change to the fabric. I was SO bummed at myself! Sit Well took a look and reassured me they could trim the old foam, rewrap in new batting and restuff into the fabric covers (and repair the 2 broken zippers), for much less than fitting new foam. By not making them quite as thick (5" rather than 6"), they thought the impact of the shrinkage on how the cushions fit the frame could be minimized. At $50 a cushion, it was way better than a new couch or complete recovering -- and they did a spectacular job. Very fast -- 3 days -- and the cushions looked sharp, almost like new. Although not as snug as they were, they still fit the frame more than adequately. I will use Sit Well for any future upholstering needs, no question. Friendly, reasonable, fast, professional, and A+ quality work.

Description of Work
Repaired couch seat cushions I thought I'd ruined, and did a great job.

Sir Carpet

Sir Carpet specializes in professional cleaning of your carpet, upholstery and tile for residential and commercial clients. Our powerful, truck-mounted equipment and skilled technicians can provide you with the results you value most. You will find that our pricing is competitive, our technicians are experienced and our commitment to our clients is paramount. We know that our success comes from satisfying our happy repeat customers. We are grateful for your business and we prove it by giving you service that exceeds your expectations. Cost is determined by your flooring's individual needs. Additional email - service@sircarpet.com. Pinal County trip fee staring at $50.00

Clearco Window & Carpet Cleaning

Welcome to Clearco Window Cleaning in Phoenix Arizona where we have been offering a full line of professional window cleaning and related services for 18 years, it’s our forté! We wash windows until they sparkle with a perfectionist's touch. We are a professional service provider for residential and commercial windows, from large homes to small, retail store fronts to mid rise office buildings... we do it right and we offer more. Our window cleaners use our proven processes to create thousands of square feet of brightly clean windows, solar panels, and other glass surfaces every day. We take pride in the high quality results we provide and it shows. Get an instant carpet cleaning, window cleaning, or solar panel cleaning estimate now at http://www.goclearco.com. Its easy and it only takes a minute. Glass is Better Clean!

Offers by Clearco Window & Carpet Cleaning on Angi
    Zion Carpet And Tile Cleaning

We Are A Family Owned Business... Committed to Excellent. We Use Professional Equipment To Ensure The Highest Quality Of Cleaning. We Provide Cleaning For Your Entire Home. Our Services Include Carpets, Tile/Grout, Air Ducts Systems, Dryer Vents, Upholstery and Concrete Polishing. We Also Provide 24Hr Emergency Water Extraction. Feel Free To Call With Any Question (970) 275-7870, We Would Be Glad To Hear From You. Have A Blessed Day. If You Would Like To Know More About Us And Read Are Reviews, Check Us Out On Google Or Zioncarpetcleaning.com

Upholstering - Boat & Auto
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Upholstery - furniture, antiques, automobiles, boats. Repairs, Cushion Restoration, refinishes & custom stains - wood furniture - Custom Furniture