MasterAZscapes LLC

Arizona: Contractors
10/31/2022

1635 W Parkview Ln

Phoenix, AZ 85085

MasterAZscapes LLC offers landscaping in Phoenix, AZ & surrounding areas to turn dreams into reality. We have over 16 years of experience in AZ doing landscaping, and we are the only landscaper you need. MasterAZscapes Building Masterpieces One Yard At A Time....

4.2

lawn & landscaping (273)irrigation system (118)hardscaping (88)stone & gravel (30)landscape lighting (26)Patios (19)outdoor kitchens (14)fountains (14)fireplace services (5)lighting (5)awnings (4)stamped concrete (3)

09/25/2021

Patrick W.

Pleasant on the phone but person was upfront in telling me they only do projects which exceed $5K. Since I didn't want or think my project was worth that I did not schedule an estimator to come out.

Description of Work
Interested in refurbishing a water wall feature with new stone and quieter pump

Category fountains

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

07/14/2021

Sue M.

They were excellent they did a good job designing. Their crew is wonderful and we got them for a several jobs.

Description of Work
Took out piece of lawn and put in the patio.

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

01/15/2021

Mike F.

From start to finish it was very professional. The design was what we were looking for, it was drawn up so we could follow the progress and make sure it was followed. The job supervisor was on site when new phases were started to ensure everything went smoothly. The office was on top of all the required paperwork for the HOA, and the crews doing the work were very respectful and extremely capable. Everyone was very professional and pleasant, my wife and I are well pleased with all aspects.

Description of Work
Transformed existing shrub/stone area to enlarge the rear patio to three times the original space with travertine and a 28 foot wall. Additionally, they reworked the front patio and sidewalk from the driveway with travertine. All told, it was over 1300 sq. feet of travertine work, moving stone and boulders, and removing shrubs to complete the projects in less than 10 days.

Category hardscaping,patios

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Review for MasterAZscapes LLC - 1635 W Parkview Ln, Phoenix, AZ - 39137359

01/27/2020

Kimberly F.

It went well. It was a delight to work with Masterscapes and their professional crew. Everyone was flexible and communicated each step of the project from the office staff to the job supervisor. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a new pool, pool remodel, or landscaping. Kim F

Description of Work
We needed to remodel our pool and back yard.

Category concrete repair,hauling services,landscaping,irrigation systems,masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,patios,outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

10/22/2019

David B.

Great! The team did a wonderful job Very helpful in landscape plant placement and types for a desert landscape. We were very happy with the result and the crew is one of the best in the business...Thank you!!

Description of Work
Total landscape service.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Patricia H.

It went great!! Quick, friendly, everything I asked for.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category concrete repair,landscaping,irrigation systems,masonry

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

Dwayne & Linda Y.

There were minor issues with shortages on their measurements however it was corrected and the work was completed as we expected.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Midge T.

They did a great job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Kathy & Marty D.

Professional & creative. Absolutely transformed our backyard! Would highly recommend them & would hire them again! 👍👍🤗

Description of Work
Landscaping

Anna marie P.

They are so professional. Work is always done on time. They are the best!!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,outdoor lighting

10/07/2019

Patrick D.

It was easy to setup the appointment to review what I needed done and I wasted the time to actually meet with the representative. After that, nothing... email, phone calls, etc. and no response, no quote. Waste of time and very unprofessional lack of follow-up.

Description of Work
Backyard Landscaping

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

03/13/2019

Manzella R.

They did a good Job, though you got to keep an eye on them. They come when they said they would, but did not show up for a 2nd job proposal.

Description of Work
Did some Pavers and landscaping works

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

03/12/2019

Partha B.

They were really good. The designer came with suggestions and was accommodating to changes we requested. The crew was really nice. They came early and were very informative from the start. As they were laying out the paving, they did a small layout first and wanted to make sure we were happy with the way it looked and again were able to make the paving look exactly the way we wanted. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Purchased a new home and they put in all the landscaping for the 2700 square feet backyard, as well as the side yards and paving.

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you, thank you for the kind review.

03/12/2019

Julie B.

It was wonderful! They are on time, very professional, cleaned up after themselves and did what they said they are going to do. The office staff kept me updated on what will happen the next day.

Description of Work
They totally re landscape the entire front yard of my property. They also fixed some drainage issues in my backyard.

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

[Member Name Removed], it was great working with you and your husband on this project. thanks for the kind review.

03/11/2019

Ann G.

MasterAZscapes landscaped my backyard in Vistancia with a large cactus garden, lots of bougainvillea for a future hedge, 3 trees, a sidewalk, irrigation, lights, boulders, mounding and decorative rocks. During the planning stage Troy provided me with pricing for each specific plant, rather than just describing X number of plants for X price. I knew what the size of each plant would be, so there were no surprises. He even provided me with a computer image of just how my garden would look. When I didn't like the rip rap delivered by the rock company, there was no argument about changing it out, or who would pay to remove the offensive rip rap. Darrel came by with samples of replacement rock and the project continued with no delay. They planted over 80 plants, with many large, pricey cacti. They did a beautiful job and I'm very pleased with my new garden. I would highly recommend them as they showed great care and thought from the planning stage with Troy through the installation process with Darrel and Tommie. From beginning to end, their primary objective appeared to be my happiness, and they succeeded.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping

Category landscaping,lighting,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

03/06/2019

Linda H.

Originally we hired MasterAZscapes to prepare a comprehensive landscape plan for our 35 year old home two years ago to completely remodel an old landscape. We were very pleased with the plan. MasterAZscapes is known for its tree planting services. It successfully did a complex large tree planting for our back yard two years ago, and the trees are healthy sailing through a damaging frost this winter. After putting the installation of the front and courtyard demolition out for bid, for this current project, we hired MasterAZscapes to demo the front yard, install the trees and plants, set up the drip system, install the wiring for future landscape lights, new rock, and install the artificial grass. We are thrilled with the completion of the front and courtyard areas which they completed on budget and less time than they originally predicted. The staff was superb and patient even after we changed our mind on placement of an important plant that was just not quite where we wanted it. With good humor, the staff re dug the planting hole moving it until we all were much happier with the result. The staff and ownership, across the board is talented, loves their job, and will work until the customer is happy. We are slowly implementing the original master plan and will look toward to MasterAZscapes in the future as we implement each project.

Description of Work
Install a previously designed master landscape plan for the front and courtyard areas

Category hauling services,landscaping,pavers, gravel,tree service,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Review for MasterAZscapes LLC - 1635 W Parkview Ln, Phoenix, AZ - 37745514

[Member Name Removed], I am glad we could accommodate you with our original design and with implementation of the design. MasterAZscapes is always willing to work with our customers over a period of time to complete the project.

09/22/2018

Chris D.

It didn't, none of the recommended folks ever made contact even after I reached out on their individual web pages. Got it done myself....

Description of Work
Sprinkler System Install

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

[Member Name Removed] I apologize for our lack of response, I do take it very seriously. After a thorough investigation through Angie's List messages, our emails and GoDaddy's archived emails, I failed to find an Inquiry for our services, I believe that you may have us mistaken with another company.

03/18/2018

Don & Sue S.

I don't usually do reviews but this was bad. They required a deposit and then we did not hear from them for over 2 months. After done we still have dead plants.

Description of Work
Remove grass, install plants and landscape front and back yard

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

We let the customer know that we were 6-8 weeks out before starting, so I am surprised that time, was an issue. We took a deposit to get the project on our schedule, this is a standard procedure for the industry, we start ordering product and we want to be sure the customer is serious before ordering product and being stuck with it. All dead plants were replaced under warranty. Price- customer was satisfied with the price when they signed up for the project. Quality- check out our reviews our quality is excellent. Responsiveness- I did not sell this project, but as the owner I personally handled any complaints that the customer had, and met them several times after hours to be sure they were satisfied, which they were. Punctuality- we arrived at the appointment on time, showed up with our crews on time. Professionalism- we strive to be professional and feel that we achieve this on most occasions, but nobody or company is perfect, as I said before i personally worked with these customers. I believe that the rating received is unfair and unwarranted without factual basis. Could they have been B's or C's that is possible but the D and F ratings are untrue. I am always willing to work with a customer in order to make them happy, they have never called.

09/09/2017

Robert L.

Two weeks after signing the contract, but before any work had begun, I decided to hold off for now on that project. The company was pleasant and professional and quickly agreed to cancel the order. My deposit was returned promptly. I appreciate their flexibility and understanding.

Description of Work
After successfully completing a backyard project, I hired Masterscapes to do some additional work that involved moving some sprinkler heads and extending the patio.

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to working with you in the future.

07/20/2017

Erika A.

It is so pretty and it looks like the pavers were there the whole time. ?The house has been here thirteen years and it just looks so pretty. ?Their price was so good, I extended the project. ?They were really attentive. ?My husband wanted the trash cans in the backyard with pavers all the way into the back yard and down the side. ?I told the guy that came out to give us the estimate that I wanted it parallel to the house perfectly and if it was not, I wanted it all ripped out. ?He said he would tell them. ?I said are you going to be here, he said no. ?I told him he needed to write it down for them. My husband is a very nice man, he will just say yeah, I guess. ?I said I am not. ?It was going to be long and straight. ?It has to be perfect. ?It will drive me crazy, it better be straight. I told him that if you want $6,000 of my money, give me want I want. I won't give you $5,000, but give me what I want. It was perfect.

Description of Work
Pavers all around the house.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/10/2016

Thank you for the kind review. We pride ourselves in quality work. We are glad you are thrilled with the work.

01/27/2017

bekah T.

Mike Hancock called prior to arrival to ask what I needed done and what my budget is. He arrived 20-30 minutes late, did not bother to find out exactly where I would like the paver and irrigation lines to go, accepted a copy of another contractor's written estimate with the measurements and list of what needed to be done (I blocked out the estimated price), and said he will give us a written estimate using that and left. A day later, I still have not received his estimate and contacted him via Angie's List website. No response. I still have not received his estimate today as I am writing this review. I am terribly disappointed with the unprofessionalism of this company. Not only did Mike came late for our appointment, he did not bother to get to know what we needed, and did not inform us that he is not willing to move forward with a bid. It is totally unprofessional and rude of him.

Description of Work
Paver, irrigation and rock installation in front and back yard.

Category pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

We have reached out to [Member Name Removed] to schedule a meeting with the landscape manager. We are willing to work with them to meet their landscaping needs.

01/16/2017

SCOTT S.

They did a fantastic job! They always kept me informed on what they were doing and called a day ahead of time to tell us what was planned for next phase. Every part of this project was done very professionally with qualified workers, clean up was great, I would hire them again. Everyone who has seen this new patio just loves how it turned out. They were able to do all the work as stated and I did not have to hire different companies for each phase.

Description of Work
Extended Patio Added 345 sq ft of pavers to back patio, 47 ft of 4 ft tall curved wall, and pergula over the extended patio.

Category masonry,hardscaping,patios