Arizona Foundation Solutions

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2008

The only ICRI Certified company in the state of Arizona! If your home has cracks in floors or walls, or has windows and doors out of alignment, call today for a comprehensive foundation inspection. Phoenix residents please call 6026394815. Tuscon residents please call (520) 812-6989. Additional DBA - Arizona Repair Masons Inc. *Online quotes are unavailable and an initial consultation must take place in order to examine the extent of the foundation problem.* For more information on foundation solutions and blogs from Bob visit: http://www.foundationaz.com/ with a free downloaded Ebook!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+225 more images

foundation repair202285301
The Historic Gaslight Inn, located in downtown Glendale, AZ, has a foundation that has settled several inches. Our team of Engineers and production crews are hard at work getting the foundation back on the level. Project began in July 2022 and is expected to be completed by the 2nd week of August.
Gaslight Inn-Downtown Glendale, AZ project

202285044

4.4

4.4

4.3

foundation repair (59)mudjacking (4)concrete repair (9)structural engineering (2)home inspection (2)radon mitigation (1)

03/01/2022

Michael V.

***STAY AWAY*** They should remove the word "Solutions" from their name. That is far from what they provide. I started the process with Arizona Foundation "solutions" back in May of 2021 to fix a retaining wall/foundation. After meeting with the sales person they did let me know that they can proceed with engineering the "solution". After about 30 days I met with the sales person again so he could present the "solution" and take a deposit. I agreed to the option they offered and they stated I would be on the calendar to be completed before December 2021. During the permitting process there were items that came up that were needed from me directly by the county. These items were provided. After these items were provided I had not been contacted by anyone at the company to schedule the repair. At at the same time I was told by the county that Arizona Foundation "Solutions" was needing more engineering from me to complete the job. Obviously this was concerning as I should have heard about this directly from the company I was spending ten's of thousands of dollars with. However it was crickets. After reaching out to the sales person by call, text, email with no response before the holidays, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited until after the holidays and tried again with no avail. I then was put in contact with the "Area Sales Manager" whom after a week reviewed everything and let me now that the project they had in their hands for 7-8 months now was unfortunately out of scope for their company to complete and said they would be refunding me my deposit. I questioned how was this job reviewed and drawn out by an engineer and yet its somehow not able to be completed by them? Another week went by and the same manager contacting me and let me know that the owner reviewed and said they would solve this and get the job completed. I mistrustfully agreed for them to continue. After waiting another 2 weeks with no communication, I reached back out only to find out they were wrong and actually could not come up with a "solution" and would be refunding me my deposit (again). I waited another 2 weeks for my check to come in the mail and then called again to now find out they sent the check to a wrong address and would need to cancel that check and send out another. I asked for them overnight the check for my inconvenience and the refused to as this was an "additional cost that had to be approved". Throughout the most recent 2 months I tried to get the owners (Bob Brown) attention by phone/email to discuss my entire situation and was told he was in "meetings" 10/10 times I called. I was FINALLY able to get him to call back once I called every hour on the hour same day. As I expressed to the owner, the incompetency and ignorance starts at the top at his company. Not only was the communication poor at best during my dealings, the fact that an apologize nor any remorse was expressed on how my customer service experience was. A few key items to any contracting/construction work is setting expectations, communication, and follow through. NONE of which was provided by Arizona Foundation "Solutions". This type of work is extremely costly and any company completing it should be handling their customers with at least some respect while they spend a price of a new car or part of a college tuition on.

Description of Work
Foundation/concrete

Category concrete repair, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/28/2022

[Member Name Removed] We are sorry we were not able to move forward with your project. There is a grain of truth to your claim. We did take a deposit from you and gave you a PRELIMIARY PLAN that required us to verify the accuracy and truthfulness of your statements about your existing “retaining wall”. Among those were claims that the wall had existing cantilever footings properly designed by a licensed engineer with permitted construction and inspections. Unfortunately none of those claims turned out to be true. As we dug into the project, the governing jurisdiction informed us of a lack of permitting on the wall. We discovered that not only were no proper cantilever footings properly designed or constructed, but in fact there were no footings installed at all! This means there is nothing stopping the wall from failing in overturning. On an unstable retaining wall over 8 feet high with thousands of pounds of soil and additionally a home behind it….. this is an extremely precarious and dangerous situation…. Especially for workers trying to work below it. So despite expending considerable additional engineering, time, effort and expense on your project we agreed to refund your entire deposit. In discussing the address where to send it, we verified to send it to the address we have on file…. Which was your home in [Member Info Removed], where the work was supposed to be done…which is where we sent it. We are sorry you meant to send it your [Member Info Removed] but didn’t get those instructions from you. Yes you did call every hour on the hour…. I am sorry that as a busy CEO I have many meetings during the day to take care of our over 90 employees and thousands of customers. So we cancelled the first check after which I did let you know that your choices were to come pick the new one up or we would send it in regular mail. We are sorry you didn’t appreciate those options. From an introspective point of view we can look for more and better ways to communicate our potential limitations as we investigate hidden conditions.

10/26/2021

Ed P.

I had worked with Arizona Foundation Solutions before. They had installed a moisture removal system as a heaving remediation solution. During my renovations, I noticed a crack in the foundation that was a little more than 1/16 of an inch wide. I felt comfortable fixing it myself. However, I wanted it done professionally and have it backed by a transferable warranty. Therefore, I decided to go the with Arizona Foundation Solutions. The person handling the actual repair was Tom Linear. I was very impressed by his commitment to doing the job right even before the start of the job. The original bid was different from the work that was actually needed since I had just completed removing tile to reveal the extent of the damage. I shared this change with Tom. He assured me that all would be handled. He also warned me about the limitations of the repair. Part of the crack was in close proximity to the wall. Due to this and the need for even more, possibly unnecessary work, this part of the crack would not be stitched. However, the work would still fall under the warranty. I was blown away by his skill, knowledge, patience, and willingness to not only listen to my concerns and answer questions but actually teach me me the techniques so I would feel comfortable doing it myself in the future if needed. Tom is an excellent teacher. As mentioned previously, the scope of the project was changed. He performed extra work that was not in the original contract and would not fall under the warranty, and was done without expectation of extra charge. I cannot say enough positive things about Tom. He is passionate about his work and is willing and able to share it with others. As a result of his visit, I not only have confidence in the repair that was done, but I also have confidence in myself to be able to apply similar fixes in future. Tom, thank you so much!

Description of Work
Concrete foundation slab crack repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Thank you. [Member Name Removed]! We are always happy to help out with a project. If we may ever be of assistance again, don't hesitate to reach out - Team AZFS

01/20/2021

RAY L.

I contracted with this company to repair my swimming pool and the foundation of my home 11/30/18. At this point, I have to give the company a C- (at best) for their performance. I could probably write several pages about the experience, but I will try to confine myself to the main points. On the plus side, they did perform the work I contracted for (cost $34,000), with one exception. The contract calls for a follow-up floor survey which was completed 11/24/20. To date (01/20/21), I am still waiting for the survey report. The expression, “take the money and run” comes to mind. This review will cover some of the things to consider when contracting with this company. The process will begin with the floor survey and repair report (cost $400). The sales agent will review the report with you and recommend a contract for the repairs. Mistake one. They offer a 5% discount if you sign the contract immediately. However, given it takes at least an hour to review the repair report, it would take another hour to review the massive number of “outs” written in the contract. Skip the discount so you know what you are getting into. For example, the foundation repair involved moving the flagstone on my patio. I had to pay another company to re-install the flagstone; not included in the contract. Mistake two. Most foundation problems are due to drainage; water pooling by the home. The repair report identified drainage problems, but they were not discussed, and the needed “hardscaping” to correct the problem was not included in the contract. My advice is to correct any drainage problem, then consider whether you still need a foundation repair. Mistake three. The repair plan allows the company to “adjust” the repair plan based on “site conditions”. They had to move the placement of the repair (poles driven into the ground, called push piers) because I have an air conditioner located where they planned to place the pier. Walk around the outside of your home and verify WHERE the piers will be placed, before signing the contract. Once you sign the contract, it is next to impossible (at least in my case) to get anyone to further discuss the repair plan. Mistake three. The pool repair was not performed by this company; it was subcontracted to another company, with no warranty. Better to simply find a pool repair company. The subcontractor would refer me back to AFS if I had a question about the pool repair, and good luck getting an answer from AFS. Mistake four. There ARE other companies that perform this work.

Description of Work
repair of swimming pool and foundation

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

07/06/2020

Michael A J.

Scheduling was difficult, work began about 2-3 weeks after original scheduled date without much communication about when it would start. Other than that, work was well done - fixed my issue so in he end can't complain too much about that.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

04/19/2020

Todd D.

About 9 months ago we tested for radon in our new house and the level was 5 pCi/L. The FDA says anything over 4.0 should be mitigated, and the WHO says anything over 2.7 should be mitigated due to the cancer risk from radon exposure. We called AZ Foundation Solutions and their engineers reviewed our floor plans designed a mitigation system which they installed. We waited about 9 months for the system to do its job and then retested. We were very happy to see the results. In the two rooms we tested, one was 0.7 and the other was 1.0, well below acceptable levels. The AZ Foundation Solutions system really works! We had one communication problem but the company addressed it.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Category radon testing

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

08/05/2019

Becca L.

Ryan Overcash was professional, genuine, and thorough. He was very intune to just what our personal goals, needs, and concerns were. He was so easy to work with and was very knowledgable. I was extremely hesitent to have a foundation inspector come because i have been warned by a couple contractors that foundation companies exploit non-issues for profit. He inspected my entire house, alongside the crack in the concrete subfloors i called about, and gave a thorough explanation of how the issue was only cosmetic. He also pointed out potential signs for bigger issues in areas i didnt know to look at or what to look for. I now have a game plan for and knowledge of just what real movement looks like and what areas it affects. This knowledge is golden! This company (and Ryan) has our loyalty. Thank you for being honest and thorough, a rare combination!

Description of Work
Inspection of subfloor crack

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

04/18/2019

Doris D.

AZFS was very professional. Starting with our Residential Consultant, Ryan Overcash, all of the AZFS team players arrived on time, were friendly, worked hard, completed the job in a timely manner, and answered all of our questions at all points in the completion of the projects. It was a pleasure to work with AZFS.

Description of Work
Foundation lifting and moisture mitigation

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

12/26/2018

aaron Z.

No one responded to my request for a quote for a concrete pour but they claim they performed.

Description of Work
I need a quote for a concrete pour.

Work Completed On 12/26/2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your initial inquiry came in as a 'Foundation Repair' inquiry on 12/24, during a period of time when our offices were closed. Our offices were also closed on 12/25 for Christmas. This review was left 12/26. While we apologize that we did not respond to your inquiry while our offices were closed, it is important that our employees have time off with their families during the holidays. Additionally, we do not provide phone quotes or new concrete pours (this isn't a service we provide). We wish you the best with your project.

07/25/2018

Sandi P.

It went great! They are very busy and it took about 6 months from our initial call til completion....but they came when they were scheduled to come and Greg Andrews and his crew were awesome. They were professional..they knew their trade..they keep us informed about when they would arrive......they communicated very well about what they were doing..what work they’d be doing that day...explained the process ...and always made sure we understood....they never complained and work hard even though we had record heat.....great bunch of guys!!

Description of Work
23 pilings put in to stabilize and lift foundation...permanently stabilize floor...dual interior moisture level system installed

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

02/27/2018

Richard M.

We called Bob Brown's Arizona Foundation Solutions and had a great experience. Ryan Overcash inspected our home and did a very nice job of answering our questions and giving us advice on our options and the next step of getting our foundation checked out. Jeff Crider performed a topographical mapping of our foundation and did a great job as well. The mapping information was then analyzed by an onsite engineer and then Ryan Overcash came back out and explained the Report to us. We are very impressed with Bob Brown and his company and will definitely use him again if we have any issues with our foundation. And Yes, we will absolutely refer Arizona Foundation Solutions to others.

Description of Work
We needed to have our Foundation checked out.

Work Completed On 01/18/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review. Jeff, Ryan and I :) appreciate your kind words. We live to hear this!

09/12/2017

Charles N.

They did the work expertly and in the time frame scheduled.

Description of Work
I needed stem wall repair on one side of the house.

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide our customers with quality solutions at a fair price. We appreciate your business! - Arizona Foundation Solutions

08/28/2017

Beverly J.

Their service was very good. We could not find any other company that do what they do so the price seemed high. But I think that type of work cost a lot. I'm reluctant to do any type of comparison because I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Description of Work
They repaired our foundation

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], we are glad you had a great experience with us. The comfort of a quality job lasts much longer than the quick buzz from a cheap one! :)

08/25/2017

William R.

Freddy Flores came to evaluate the situation and gave me an estimate for the work. After I agreed to that, he contacted me to tell me that they had come up with a somewhat less expensive solution that would work as well, so we changed to that plan. It took a couple of months for the city to approve the permit. Once that was done, the work was scheduled for two days. Day 1: Aug 18, a crew of two (Martin was crew chief) installed a helical pier to support the broken portion of the patio under the pillar. They finished that work in approx. 3 hours. I called Freddy to come back out because a small crack appeared which ran from the big break to the house. Freddy diagnosed it as a result of the movement of the patio during the pier installation. Day 2: Aug 23, Sarah came to both stitch the crack and apply poly to it. It took her approx. 4 hours to complete the work. In addition to fixing the main break, she also put poly on the small crack to help prevent it from getting worse. The end result is that the patio is again in one piece, the corner is now anchored so that it cannot sink further, and the patio both looks good and is completely useable again. Excellent work from all involved. I will definitely contact AZ Foundation Solutions should I have any further problems which they could fix.

Description of Work
One corner of the back patio slab was cracked thru because the weight on the pillar supporting the corner of the roof was causing that corner to sink.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

Cost $5,360.44

Work Completed On 08/23/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your words of encouragement. Freddy and Sarah appreciate your taking the time to acknowledge them.

08/16/2017

Kae C.

it went very well. The first contact was the office staff. Very nice and accommodating as far as scheduling. Brian Patrick was the one in charge of my project. He also was very pleasant, answered all my questions and explained what need to be done and the cost. Greg Andrews was the one that fixed the crack. Very nice and left the place perfect. No mess

Description of Work
They fixed a crack in my foundation.

Cost $1,510.5

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

[Member Name Removed] thank you for your kind review and for sharing for other homeowners.

07/04/2017

Sean S.

In terms of the friendliness of the people with whom I spoke, things went well. Just about every person was friendly. I have a very long narrative of things that went wrong which has resulted in this review, each of which I have shared with Arizona Foundation Solutions. I will summarize for your consideration. The initial contact was impressive. The sales person was friendly, apparently knowledgeable, and willing to answer as many questions as I had. After multiple visits, I contracted for approximately $10,000 worth of work. At each stage of the repair there was a constant failure of the organization to meet its own expectations. When they installed the machine on the side of the house, the man leading the work was not prepared with the necessary equipment and left a machine that did not match the expectations set by the sales person in terms of apperance. It was a bit of an eyesore making me call into question my potential home value and HOA-related issues. Further, because he was not prepared, there was incomplete work, including a detached carpet because they had to drill a hole in my living room, pulling back the carpet. They were not equipped to finish the work during the visit. Eventually this portion was rectified, including the appearance of the device, but only after multiple phone calls and visits. The foundation repair, itself, was okay. Currently, I don't have any complaints. With regard to the gutter installation, there were multiple miscommunications between those doing the work and the salesperson. We requested one type of plan ("Plan 1") and when the workman arrived, they showed me plans for Plan 1, but advised me they were actually going to execute on Plan 2, which was different. It required multiple phone calls between the workmen and the sales person to arrive at an agreement. They damaged some irrigation lines, but repaired the lines once notified. On the second day of the work, they completed the work but advised that they didn't test the gutters for functionality. Luckily, I had another adult present at the home who had the prescne of mind to test the gutters after the workmen left, and noticed the gutters were leaking. That person contacted the workmen from Arizona Foundation Solutions who quickly returned and spent time repairing their work. Had it not been for us testing the work they did, we would not have discovered the problem. It's frustrating that we, the residents, had to test the work and we discovered the problem. To date, I don't know if the gutters are trustworthy and functional. I'll find out once it rains. At this point, I have very little faith in the work. Finally, the device they installed during the first visit stopped working. I called asking for someone to come and inspect it. Someone advised me someone would be here on 7/3/17 to check up on the device. On 7/3/17, I called asking for an update and the customer service representative cold transferred me to the voicemail of someone I didn't know. I left a message and got no response. I called back at approximately 6:00PM asking for an update an left a message. Nobody has responded. At one point, because of the trouble we experience, the sales person offered a $100 gift card for the troubles. I have had to, personally, follow-up on the gift card a couple times. I am not so concerned about the $100. Rather, I am deeply disappointed in the amount of effort we have had to personally exert to check the work, the plans, and the follow-up of this company. As of the time of this writing, I still don't have the gift card someone promised and I have not heard back from Arizona Foundation Solutions about the questionable functionality of the device they attached to my home. At this stage, I do regret hiring them. Although I welcome any attempt they make to try to resolve this, I am extremely tired of having to follow-up on the promises they have made and the expectations they have set. I am deeply disappointed with the process and would strongly caution you against hiring them without extensive discussion with the sales person, the support customer service staff, and research into the work they have done. I also recommend, before beginning work from them, you obtain at least one other independent opinion on the work you want done and the basic existence of foundation damage. Currently, I have little to no faith in the company or the advice they provided. Eventually, the owner contacted me to address outstanding concerns. I shared them with him. He took steps to help me resolve the last few outstanding issues I had. In the last few weeks, the communication has been timely, accurate, and I had my final walk-through with the original salesperson I started with during this process. At this point I can say I am satisfied with what is done. However, there was a great deal of effort, follow-up, and work I had to do as the consumer to make sure things happened as they should have in accordance with the expectations AZ Foundations Solutions set. If the whole process had been similar to what happened in the last few weeks, things probably would have been different in my overall review.

Description of Work
I needed the following services provided according to their assessment: 1) foundation repair; 2) gutters; 3) a device installed on my house that draws moisture from the base of the home out.

Work Completed On 07/04/2017

Hey [Member Name Removed], Looks like we have some improvements to make in our people and processes. glad we got you taken care of in the end.

05/19/2017

Cherry H.

The foundation problems were remedied first, followed by gutter installation at a later date. All work appeared to go smoothly. It will take 6 months before we can see changes to the cracks in the walls, hoping to see them stabilize so that wall repair and painting can occur.

Description of Work
House foundation had some cracks and one corner of the house has slowly widening cracks. The foundation cracks were repaired and the problem of wall cracking was remedied. Roof gutters were installed along with drains extending away from the foundation into certain areas for rain water collection.

Category home inspection, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

03/08/2017

harvey L.

Az foundation solutions did a great job for me. They were very Professional and their crews were always on time and completed the work on time. Any questions were always answered promptly I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
stabilize and level foundation

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We are glad you appreciate our efforts for you. We are not happy unless your are wowed.... and its nice to hear back that your are.

12/09/2016

Eva W.

The people on the telephone are very professional and courteous. They sent an inspector out to walk and inspect the exterior, determine what work was needed and where, and provide a price and drawing of job details. Ruben was very friendly and helpful. He answered all my questions and drew up a contract. Once I removed a bush so the workmen would be able to get to one of the walls, we scheduled the job. A crew of three came out just when the said they would. It was a supervisor and two others. They finished the job in one full day. They went right to work and worked all day. They were courteous and they moved some heavy items in the garage for me. They left things in good shape too. The supervisor answered my questions and she followed my requests. Stem wall work is expensive, but you want a company like this doing the job.

Description of Work
Stem wall repair, patching and blow out on my 22 year old house. A large portion of the stem wall on the 2625 sq ft home required servicing.

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to wow every customer, and appreciate hearing back that our people made it happen for you.

04/25/2016

Tim L.

The work was being done at a rental property we own. Generally all went well in the end. Had a few issues along the way. The salesman came promptly, as did the slab measurement team. Scheduling work was problematic. They set up a schedule, and arrived promptly to start work, but realized later (after digging holes in the yard for the micro piers) that they didn't have the building permit. There was a month delay waiting on the building permit, with little information regarding status. Once they got the permit they appeared to reschedule the micro piers with little said about the moisture management system. After starting work, they decided not to install one of the micro-piers that was to be installed in the patio after they already cut the patio slab. They didn't repair the cut. Once they were finished the micro piers and mud jacking to level the slab they asked for full payment, at which time I asked if they installed the moisture management system. They couldn't readily answer so I refused to sign off that all work was completed. They contacted me a few days later to say they thought the moisture management system was already installed, but would verify. They did schedule a future appointment a month later to install the moisture management system just in case it had not already been installed. It turned out that it was not installed. When installing it, they originally indicated the vent stack for the system would be hidden in an inside closet. They did try to install it in the closet, but the closet they chose was not appropriate, but the didn't check before hand and drilled 3" holes through many of the shelves in the closet and even drilled through the dry wall, only realizing the had an issue when the renter pointed out that they could see the drill sticking out above the closet "bump out" in the kitchen. They did contact us to let us know they didn't find a suitable inside location, and would have to install it outside. They did complete the work, but never repaired the damage inside the closet. Additionally, the vent stack is very prominent (hard to blend in with the rest of the house). We also never received an invoice or notice to let us know the work was completed, but received a rather insistent call that we were overdue in payment. Apparently they sent the invoices to the rental address and we weren't notified. Finally they point the name of our renter on the invoice, which resulted in confusion with the renter thinking they were somehow responsible for paying. To their credit they did work with us to resolve the damages left in the house, and they did stick to their estimate even though the outside moisture management venting was more expensive. So we were left feeling things were a little sloppy, but generally they are a good company.

Description of Work
The provider performed micro-piering and installed a sub-slab ventilation drying system to help manage expansive soil related heave in the slab of our rental home.

Category mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/21/2016

Hey [Member Name Removed] Seems like we did OK but not great. You can bet that we are working very hard to iron out those bugs.... thanks for the input.

03/17/2016

ROBERT W.

When I worked for a major computer manufacturer and later for a software consulting firm we submitted many bids to the federal government, state and local government and big corporations. NEVER once did we ask the potential customer to pay for the investigation and analysis of their systems. Based upon the above you can clearly see that I believe investigations and analysis is the cost of doing business. If you are willing to do the research at your cost, then we can continue. If not thank you for sending a salesman to my house for an interesting hour of discussion.

Description of Work
Nothing. Sent a salesman to my house

Work Completed On 03/16/2016

Tex I appreciate that your direct experience in your particular industry does not use the same method that we use to help homeowners. My experience in the foundation repair industry shows that the alternative to this... ie superficial investigations with commissioned sales people with out engineering experience, engineering guidelines or oversight leads to subjective, biased conclusions that may not be in the homeowners best interests. So the choice is to participate in that method or charge a fair price for a scientific, objective engineered report that by the way is about 1/3 the price that other engineers charge in attempt to help homeowners understand the underlying issues and engineered recommendations from a licensed professional engineer. By the way those costs are credited back to the home owner when they proceed with the recommended repairs. We would love to have the opportunity to show you what that is like for you.

01/05/2016

Len S.

I had a foundation issue. I had some cracks in the house. They gave me an estimate of what it would take to repair. I plan to use them to perform the repairs in the near future.

Description of Work
Foundation assessment and and engineering study performed by Freddy.

Work Completed On 04/22/2015

12/30/2015

Cynthia R.

They were on time and courteous, The work they performed was done as stated, my only complaint is they left huge track marks in our yard from the equipment and did nothing to fill them in.

Description of Work
Provider put in two supports to lift up our foundation