AAA Lawn And Landscape

Little Rock, AR 72206

Family owned & operated.

01/23/2017

Joyia Y.

I have not heard from them since purchasing the consultation to schedule an appointment! I am still hoping to have this work done, but very disappointed in their lack of communication. Hopefully I will be able to review again later and have better things to say...

Description of Work
Purchased a Professional Landscape Consultation from AAA on 12/14/16.

01/22/2017

Marc S.

Very pleased with the construction, the price, and the relationship with the builder. Alan and his team performed as promised and were very pleasant. Construction was performed in some bad winter weather but everything worked out well. Alan is a former Marine. Based on our experience, female customers would feel safe and respected. I highly recommend him. Note that the pictures I submitted feature an incomplete wood patio deck. Another builder is finishing that aspect.

Description of Work
Construction of retaining wall in residential backyard

Category hardscaping

10/01/2016

Diane Q.

Alan came to the house and did an estimate on the spot. Our yard was mostly dirt and tree roots and very sloped. He had some good suggestions on how to transform the yard and worked around the drainage issue we were having with such a sloped yard. I wish I would have took before pictures because the yard has been transformed. He was upfront about the cost and very accommodating when I wanted to add a garden at the last minute. He even surprised us with some beautiful gardenia bushes at the base of the deck steps. Would definitely hire again. His crew worked quickly, efficiently and were very friendly!

Description of Work
Retaining wall built, pebbles for playground area, yard leveled with dirt and sod installed. Second retaining wall and garden put in. Gate added to back of fence.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

10/01/2016

Diane Q.

Alan came to our house and did an estimate on the spot. He had some good suggestions on what to do with our yard with the drainage issues we were having. Our yard was mostly dirt and tree roots and very sloped. I wish we would have taken before pictures because our yard has been completely transformed. Alan was upfront about the cost and very accommodating when I wanted to add a garden at the last minute. He even surprised us with some beautiful gardenia bushes as the base of our deck. His crew was friendly, efficient, and very hardworking. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Retaining wall built, pebbles brought in for playground, rock for drainage, yard leveled and sod added. Second retaining wall and garden added. Gated installed to back of fence.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

09/20/2016

Janice B.

Great! Alan came promptly and found my problem. He fixed it and put dirt around the pipe instead of replacing the rockthat might cause them to break, He is an ex Marine who I felt comfortable to have at my home. He showed me pictures of other things he does, so I know who to call to fix my to cover it, so he made two tripspatio. His price was reasonable and I recommend him. He waited until the glue dried on the pipe

Description of Work
sprinkler pipe repaired

07/09/2016

Michael C.

I had some minor issues with a sprinkler system with a home I just purchased. Alan came over within 24 hours and had everything fixed and in good working order is a short time. Very easy to work with. He checked all the stations, replaced damaged sprinkler heads, and found a broken pipeline that had been duct taped in the past! I highly recommend him for sprinkler repairs and maintenance.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repairs

06/24/2016

patricia a P.

Description of Work
Awesome job! He laid a flagstone sidewalk and installed a French drain! They arrived when scheduled and worked everyday until it was finished. Cleaned up after themselves and even came back to power wash the walkway.

05/18/2016

patricia a P.

Alan was very prompt with answering my call, arrived when he said he would. He looked at the job and gave me a price that we agreed on. Alan started work on Monday and finished up on Friday! The flagstone walk looks great he cleaned up after himself and even replaced a sprinkler head with two! What a great experience ! I will be calling him again! He also put in a French drain for me.

Description of Work
Laid a stone walkway in concrete.

03/21/2016

Laura W.

He was extremely flexible, working around another contract we had to get done first, and he did the work in less than a week. Our back yard is on a severe incline and there was no easy access, so he had to do a lot of manual movement of the materials. He took care of every detail too. For example, he had his team wash down the river rocks (since they had gotten muddy in our yard), added sod where the yard had been disturbed when transporting of the rocks, and included large centerpiece stones to make it as decorative as it is functional. The yard looks better than I had hoped, and we are extremely pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Alan created a beautiful retaining wall and rock garden in our sloping back yard and added drainage to help us with soil erosion.

Category landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping

09/16/2015

Adelia K.

They did a really great job! It was a rather large installation and it took them about three days to finish it, start to finish. Alan is currently attending school so his schedule is pretty booked up. It meant that we had to reschedule several times, but in the end I'm glad I stuck with them.

Description of Work
Alan and his crew installed a large brick patio.

Category landscaping, patios

11/17/2014

Mike E.

I called these guys out to repair a lawn irrigation system. They came out and repaired it in less than an hour and said that it was an easy fix, so believe it or not, they did not charge me. I gave them some cash for their trouble and could not believe it. They are great guys. You can't go wrong with this crew. Honest, hard working guys. I highly recommend them.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

10/22/2014

Shree S.

Alan who took the job gave the job to someone else, who didn't do the job well and didn't complete the job. I called Alan multiple times and he came once to see the job and apologized for the bad job and said he is no longer working with that person. But he never came back to finish the job even after multiple phone calls, after 1 year he has not finished the job.

Description of Work
Put gravel in the lawn

08/24/2014

Phoebe and Terry C.

First- this company has done 4 projects for us. At that time the owner and main person, was someone who is no longer doing that kind of work. It is too bad that he is not doing it, because his strengths are definitely in his stone workmanship. He did a stone and concrete culvert for us that thrilled us so much we contracted him to do our patio/fountain. We are still elated about those projects, especially that patio/fountain. His estimate was far below all the other places I had give me an estimate, and it is hard to imagine that they would have done any better job! Second-We also had him do a sprinkler system, which has been somewhat frustrating; in that we have had to have several repairs done to it. His people also did landscaping on our front garden, which seemed just fine at first, but once the plantings grew, it became disappointing; in that it was supposed to be maintenance free, or nearly so. They planted a plant in the front of azaleas which grew to be nearly as tall as the azaleas, and so in order to see the azaleas, we have to chop down the plant in the front. I had him give me an estimate on removing them, after telling him I was very frustrated with them, due to the trouble I was experiencing. Since my husband and I are both seniors, we are a little too challenged by this and quot;trimmingand quot; ordeal, once or twice a year. Also, the weed screen technique he used in the gardens, along with the bark mulch did too little to discourage weeds, and we are not too happy with that aspect either. He gave me an estimate for the work of removing them which I felt was not fair, as I depended on his judgement as to the proper plantings to be placed there in the first place, so we still live with that issue. However, the current manger is Bryan Naylor and is a different person than the former manager, and is interested in building happy customers.

Description of Work
This time he came to repair our sprinkler system that the company had installed. He came and worked, and left a shovel, which we called to have him pick up. The next time we spoke, it was for a sprinkler system adjustment that had not been noticed was needed, and to pick up his shovel (which was still here) and this time, the service was not charged to us.

07/02/2014

John F.

Problem was wiring that had come loose. He reconnected and problem solved.

Description of Work
I had a sprinkler zone that was not working. He very quickly identified and repaired problem

07/08/2013

Cynthia S.

I requested an appointment to troubleshoot my system and was given a same day appointment, Alan called on his way over and was very prompt and professional. He listened to the symptoms and immediately went to work the issue was identified quickly and I was given the option to resolve myself. Very impressed with the work ethic and professionalism, also very friendly and listens to his customers. I recommend AAA and will use them in the future for all our landscape requirements. This is a hard working military veteran with tremendous work ethic and holds his crew to the same standard.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot continuos flow from 1 zone in irrigation system and locate missing/hidden valve

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

06/26/2013

Jerry C.

I have mixed emotions. It would have been a 5-star job except for the last little bit. They still haven't closed up the hole for the backflow valve. The install for the powerbox which went inside the house, they didn't seal it and they gave me parts for me to finish the job. The sprinkler system seems to work, and I'm happy with that, but I think the guy subcontracts. Customer care was lacking some. They were very prompt in getting here and their price was very competitive and it seemed to have gone in well. They did it as described. One thing most of these guys don't do, is they don't give you a layout of what the thing is going to look like. It went really good up until the end: you have to finish it and the devil was in the details. The estimate from this company was slightly higher than that of a competitor, and he came down to match it. I guess I got a fair price. I am waiting for them to come back and finish the job.

Description of Work
AAA finished dealing with my original issues. Allen personally worked on and supervised all aspects of resolving the problem areas in the interim report, that can be attributed to an errant trusted employee and delays in the city inspection of the installed "back-flow valve". He accommodated several repair schedule adjustments to meet my needs. In the final analysis I am extremely satisfied and have hired him ]to do some additional work.

06/25/2013

Shree S.

Description of Work
He is a great guy with good work ethics.

06/22/2013

Kevin M.

Incredible transformation of my yard. Alan was very detailed in his discussions about what he planned to do. He followed through with everything we had talked about and the quality of work is evident through the photos. My yard has gone from an eyesore to the best in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Landscaped side and backyard

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/06/2013

Leta V.

Alan is a good worker, and most of his guys are good workers. He has one lazy guy working for him, and we had to re-do everything that this guy did. Everyone else did a good job. Alan is honest and a hard worker. We had a hard time getting an actual bid and ended up just having him do the work and paying him because we felt that he is trustworthy (and he is). We made some changes in the plan as we went along, and he was very patient about that and never complained. Fortunately, he is very reasonable in his pricing. He does not do landscape plans, but he has a good eye for plants and placement and will make good suggestions. Once our plan was finished, he sat down with me and went over the whole thing to make suggestions and be sure it would work. We have a lot of ground water, and he did extensive work to divert the water. We are happy with that and would recommend him for that. He did an enormous amount of work for the amount that he charged, and overall we were happy with his work and would have him come back and work for us again. My only real complaint is the lazy guy who takes shortcuts and does very inferior work. If he got rid of him, then the scores I gave AAA would have been much better. Alan is conscientious and stands by his work and his reputation. I recommend him and would have him work here again.

Description of Work
Planted shrubs and trees, put in drains and catchbasins, relaid sprinkler system, mulched, rocked, and put down sod. Basically, he put in the whole yard and landscaped around the pool.

04/17/2013

Phoebe and Terry C.

They were very good. We've used them about four times. We had a really good experience with them. They did a good job. We like the work he does. We like the beauty of the work when it gets done. He did a beautiful stone work.

Description of Work
I used the services of AAA Lawn And Landscape. We had a water fountain put in and a stone patio. They've also done some landscaping and put in my water sprinkler system.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

06/27/2012

Phoebe and Terry C.

The project was started on June 1 of 2012. It was completed on June 26, 2012. A number of personal issues and some weather related issues entered into the length of time until completion. We were planning a party on June 24, 2012, and hoped that it would be operative, if not completed by that date. The fountain was completed for the party, and the next day the finishing touches were completed. Mr. Hobbs and his crew were professional in their work, and he was extremely responsive to all my requests or concerns. I didn't always know when they would be at the work site, and that is why I gave them a C in punctuality; but this is an insignificant issue when looking over the way the project was handled. Personal problems and other business projects kept this one from getting started when I had hoped, and so I started gathering estimates from other available landscapers. I got two other estimates and was very pleased to know that I obviously had the best offer from Alan Hobbs. In the end, I was so pleased with his work, and so convinced that he had underestimated the cost decided, without his request, to pay him more than the original estimate.

Description of Work
1- Digging out area for fountain 2- Running electrical line for fountain 3- Delivering stone to sight 4- Following design as submitted by me 5- Making professional suggestions as to additional touches to improve the plan 6- Selecting and cutting stones to fit in the desired pattern 7- Laying stonework and leveling stones 8- Setting stonework in concrete 9- Applying grout to to finish setting of stonework 10- Finding the appropriate additional stones for the creation of a bench 11- Building the bench and anchoring it to the patio surround 12- Adding additional walkway to the patio 13- Creating a sub ground level water reservoir for fountain 14- Building the sub ground water pump so that it is easily accessible for possible future repair, etc 15- Hauling a sculpture away from the work site to add legs to it, so that it will stand upright 16- Welding the repair on a large metal sculpture 17- Returning the repaired sculpture to the work site 18- Installing the sculpture on the edge of the patio 19- Installing bird feeder poles around the perimeter of patio 20- Educating new owners regarding the care of the fountain 21- Cleaning up the work area

Category landscaping, fountains, patios

04/16/2012

Phoebe and Terry C.

We have been extremely pleased with everything that he has done. When we started talking about having the flower beds redone, he just came to mind. We wish that the price was less. He doesn't always get here when he thinks he's going to make it. I am expecting him hopefully today to come out and give us an estimate on a fourth project, that's how pleased we are. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We use AAA Lawn and Landscape for landscaping. We have had three projects done by Alan Hobbes from there. He landscaped our front flower beds, removing 90% of what was there and replacing it with new shrubs and flowers. He has put in a sprinkler system in our yard a few years ago. Then we had him redo our culvert, which he redid with rocks; it is the prettiest culvert in our area.

12/02/2011

Rodney H.

They are pretty good and I use them. They do anything I ask them to do that concerns the yard. It varies from time to time. The girl that runs this office is excellent and she'll find out exactly what I want done and she gets it done for me always. They might be a little pricey but they are reasonable considering all the work they do. I have a huge yard and I think it is reasonable. They charge me $90 to pick up all the leaves from my yard. They are pretty quick at getting back to me when I call them.

Description of Work
I used the service of AAA Lawn And Landscape to pick up the leaves in my yard and I had them over a month ago.

Category lawn service

08/16/2011

Phoebe and Terry C.

His name is Alan Hobbs. We've used him a couple of times and he does beautiful work. We are sure glad we had him do it. He is professional and returns calls. We were a little hesitant at first because it seemed like a lot of money but once he finished, it was like wow that was worth it. We are very pleased with him and would have him back in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We used AAA Lawn And Landscape to install a lawn sprinkler system. He also did a drain area in our culvert.

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe