Big Bob's Flooring Outlet

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2010

4.3

660 E Dowling Rd

Anchorage, AK 99518

Financing available. Free measures. Custom area rugs and wall base edging, carpet (commercial, residential, indoor/outdoor), carpet tile, vinyl, luxury vinyl tile and plank, waterproof floors, laminate, hardwood, bamboo, cork, ceramic tile, carpet and vinyl remnants, trims, stair treads, install supplies, and closeouts....

10/11/2016

Ryan B.

Seth was very knowledgeable and helped us narrow our choices from many options. We never felt pressured and were very comfortable with the whole experience. The install team, lead by Ralph, were prompt, friendly and cautious. He even showed me some tips for improving some of my DIY work around the house. We couldn't be more pleased with our purchase!

Description of Work
Carpet sales and installation for 4 bedrooms and a 1/2 basement.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks again, Big Bobs Flooring Alaska

06/30/2014

Nancy B.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about their products. They were aware I was on a budget and did not try to push higher priced products. The flooring was delivered promptly on the day and at the time they had promised. I went to this company because of their long reputation for fairness and quality. A number of times I have purchased small, remnant pieces from this company for use in hallways in the winter and such. Every time I have been in this store I was treated like I was a big time buyer instead of just a small remnant purchase. The staff answered all my questions and helped me make the best decision. When I bought remnants they carried them out to my car and made sure they were secure for the drive home. I love this store.

Description of Work
Sold carpet and tile flooring for basement restoration/update

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you for your kind words. It takes longer to write a good comment then a bad one and we appreciate you taking the time to do so! Thanks again, Big Bob's Flooring

06/13/2014

Bobbi B.

Customer service was great. I went to them at 2 different times. They listened to my needs and how quickly I needed my flooring completed. The first job (upstairs), I needed it completed within a week or less. The sales person made sure that I chose product that was in stock and also got hold of a contractor that would be able to complete the job in just a couple of days. I went back for the second job (downstairs). They were still very helpful in gathering to supplies I needed and holding them until the start of the job in a month. I needed to rearrange rooms before they could start working.

Description of Work
Provided flooring materials for me.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you, Big Bobs Flooring Alaska

10/07/2013

Jo Ann F.

After the last tenants moved out, both the laminate flooring in a large part of a rental house I own and the carpeting in the bedrooms was, for all practical purposes, destroyed and had to be replaced. Based on good recommendations here on Angies List, we went by Big Bob's, picked out new laminate and carpet, and arranged to have the measurements done. Within a week, the old flooring was torn out and carted away,and the new flooring and carpet installed (two days of work). The installers were prompt, courteous and professional, both the flooring and the carpet were on sale, and the installation looks fabulous. I am very happy with their work!

Description of Work
Replaced carpet and flooring in a rental house I own.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to leave us a comment! We appreciate all the feedback we can get good or bad. We will pass this message on to our sales team to help us consistently improve our business to better serve our customers like you! Big Bob's Flooring Alaska

08/16/2013

Vicki A.

Great phone service, great in store service, great estimate, great installation. Prompt and professional

Description of Work
Carpet, hallway and stairway.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the feedback. You are the type of customer we look forward to helping every day and make our jobs enjoyable.

03/11/2013

Beth A.

After choosing the carpet and vinyl in June, I waited for it to come in. I had plane reservations the day it was to be installed, so I had someone come over while the installation was being done. The carpet and vinyl in one of the bathrooms were fine, but the entry way vinyl was put into another bathroom, and nothing was put in the entry way. When I returned in August and made the problem known to Big Bob's, they ordered another piece of vinyl for the entry way and contacted the installer. When the installer did not get back to me in the next 3 weeks, I contacted Big Bob's; the installer contacted me, and said he was waiting for the entry way vinyl to come in. I contacted Big Bob's a month later when the installer didn't return my call. The installation was finally completed in November, but the bathroom vinyl had curling edges and multiple large air bubbles, and the tank hose was leaking. I called Big Bob's, and someone came that evening and fixed the problem. Bottom line: the service from Big Bob's was great, but one of their installers was a hot mess.

Description of Work
I found the the sales personnel to be very knowledgeable and professional. He went out of his way to troubleshoot the problem I had with the installer that they provided, even to the point of coming out to my home and fixing the issue that I had with the installation. If I had to do it over again, I would buy flooring from Big Bob's, but would research carpet and vinyl installers and hire one on my own.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful but are sincerely sorry that the installer we referred to you did not meet your expectations. We are constantly striving to find and refer only dependable and skilled installers. Thank you again for the review, this help us improve our areas of weakness to make us a better business to serve our customer like you

11/27/2012

Rhonda R.

Sales person was knowledgable and helpful. Installers did a good job overall. We had the lower level done about a year ago and were pleased enough with the service that we choose them again when we were ready to do the upper level this year.

Description of Work
Installed laminate wood floors and carpeting We had floors throughout our home replaced. Laminate in living, kitchen, dining and family rooms and carpeting in bedrooms and on stairs.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for the rating!

07/10/2012

Kay G.

I am not sure what those two last reviews are about but my experience with Big Bob's went really well, no complaints here. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Would def do work with them again

Description of Work
I bought carpet for the upstairs of my house and hardwood for the stairs. Both items were special orders, they arrived on time and were able to install the materials the next day! They did custom work on my stairs, where they installed a carpet runner down the middle with wood on the side. The whole job looked awesome when they were all done.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for the review!

07/02/2012

Suzanne L.

Big Bob's installers, despite being advised otherwise by other contractors on the job, installed linoleum in the bathroom where the support beams and plywood was rotten. Big Bob installers removed the old linoleum and just slapped the new linoleum over the rotten plywood. Big Bob's installation failed with a newly-leaking toilet that caused severe damage to the floor below.Big Bob's said that their installers are independent contractors and do not guarantee their work. I had no recourse. I had to hire another contractor to rip out Big Bob's work and fix it right AND repair the damage to the floor below from the extensive leak.All Big Bob's people would have had to do was inform me of the lack of adequate support under the old linoleum - I would have had it fixed before they proceeded. But they did not. AND they did not guarantee their work. So I was left covering the cost of flooring my bathroom TWICE plus repairing the damage that the leak caused.You should ask if they guarantee their work if you purchase installation.

Description of Work
I purchased product (linoleum) and installation from Big Bob's for our upstairs bathroom.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Sorry for the experience, that was six years ago and we have changed since then. If you have any flooring needs, let us know and remind us of what happened so we can help you have a better experience next time. Thank you, Pat Bell (907)561-2121

05/04/2012

Stacey S.

I went with a higher grade carpet and pads. I liked the salesman that I dealt with. He was very low key and wasn't pushy. He listened to what my concerns were and helped with the decisions. They have a bigger selection and they had better prices. I would work with that salesman again. We're going to be replacing flooring in a year or 2 and I will go to that guy again.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in my rental unit next door.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for your rating. We are glad you had an great experience with us and we look forward to doing business with you in the future.