D & D Automotive Repair

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2003

1714 Arthur Ct

Waukesha, WI 53188

Since 1993, we have been providing Waukesha residents with quality automotive maintenance and repair service. Our goal is to create a trust-based relationship with you that will stand the test of time. Our customers can expect worry-free driving, lower overall service cost, and longer service life. 6 employees. No subs. Costs determined by the service....

07/24/2019

Mike O.

Go Somewhere ELSE!!! Not for German cars, they replaced a wheel bearing and returned the car with a brake light problem, they noted it and instead of saying they can fix it or what to do to fix it, they just said your pads look fine here are your keys and pay THE SAME PRICE AS THE DEALERSHIP, now I have an issue that still needs to be resolved. Why would I come here if it isn't supposed to be less than the 200 an hr labor the dealer charges me and I still have to go get it resolved and pay more money. With the dealer I get top service, I know its certified work, and they don't let me go out the door till I am happy with everything they have done. If they resolve the issue I will fix the review but until then I would avoid this shop.

Description of Work
Bearing replaced

01/31/2018

Kevin S.

Easy to set up appointment. Inspected my vehicle, and made recommendations for upcoming service. Friendly folks, great service, and they answer all your questions honestly.

Description of Work
Oil change - full synthetic

11/01/2017

Jennifer H.

Although I haven?t gotten anything done yet the fact that they deticated time and essentially money to thoroughly look at my vehicle and explain to me in a way that I could understand and looked everything over efficiently and effectively. I felt as if I belonged there I wasn?t just another client to them. I was welcome as an individual. Whether I decide to invest money in this vehicle or junk it and get another I will absolutely be back. They provide an all around service. 100%. I will refer any and everyone to D&D Automotive Repair.

Description of Work
Looked over my old car, informed me of all the issues in a way that I could understand, explained and showed me exactly what was wrong, and explained the costs and time it would take to fix everything I needed on my vehicle.

07/31/2017

Jeanette H.

They were extremely professional and courteous. They gave me a written record of the services done and recommendations for future wore needed; however the were kind enough to prioritize the work needed so I knew what was the most urgent for safety. I also received an email of the recommendations and work done. I recommended them to family members who are now receiving service from them.

Description of Work
The rewiring of the electrical component fir my brake lights. The rotation of my tires. And an overall inspection of the vehicle with recommendations for the repair of two front axel boots. And needed other items. This was a used car I was given by an elderly family member who did not know how to get the services the vehicle needed.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Angies List. Thank you for putting your trust in us for your automotive needs. We look forward to helping with any issues you may have in the future. Denise Books

07/14/2017

REBECCA I.

They've been my mechanic for 12 years, so they're great. I don't really know how they compare to other places, but I trust them. Several years ago when they had done some work on rotors perhaps. Something about the alignment that had done caused what they had done to not work very well. They grounded the rotors for me and didn't charge me. They're prompt, really nice and give me good information. They also give me choices, and they also tell me if I should not fix something. For instance the cable on my minivan that pulls the door back. When I talked to Steve, he found out all the information for me, but let me know ahead of time that it's the one thing the manufacturer doesn't do very well and I should expect it to be expensive and I should decide whether or not it was important to me. He was right, it was expensive and I decided not to do it and he validated my decision. It was like a $2,000 fix for something with the convenience. They said they could do it, and they'd order the parts and if I didn't want to do it, it was also a smart move. On the price, I don't know how it compares, but since I trust them I'd go there anyway.

Description of Work
They did the oil and I think I took it in for a weird sound.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Angies List. We are honored to have you as a long time client. Denise Books

06/21/2017

Carol M.

Great! All done in 24 hours. Will be back for next service needed!!

Description of Work
Alternator replacement and check the lights.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Angies List. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the work we did and hope to see you again in the future. Denise Books

01/16/2017

Robert M.

great..no problems.....he is proud to be a part of Angie' list and takes pride in the awards he's won.

Description of Work
I've had a few cars in with them and in every category they were great....in fact one time the owner went for a ride in my car to see if he could catch the problem which we did and fixed.

08/16/2016

Greg W.

Previously car had no power. It is back to being a zippy car!

Description of Work
Catalytic converters were plugged. Replaced 2 converters and muffler system.

10/13/2015

Scott A.

**OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE** - A bright light on a dark day! Not sure where to begin as my transmission went out after 140,000 miles on my 2001 Chevy Suburban. It takes your breath away like a heart attack and you become very vulnerable with the fear of deception clouding your thought process. So I turned to Angie's List (had to renew subscription) and was able to find the answer I needed for catastrophic failure. D & D Automotive Repair. I knew the brakes were bad and had suspicions about the transmission because of noises and limited performance. But, when life intersects with reality, it became decision time. I was able to get the truck there (limping) and Dave (the owner) gave me a ride home. Steve is the point man and my main contact that lead me thru the ordeal and decision process with all my options. Great follow up and communication so there were no surprises for me as we walked down this road of the unknown. I picked up the truck last Friday after only a week of being in the shop and it drives like new. Smooth shifting, no noises, solid brakes, and repaired fan switch. I would recommend this company for many reasons and more than just the repairs that they completed. The communications, the options for repair, the follow up, attention to detail, and overall pride sets them apart from most service businesses you find today. The pricing was comparable to the other providers I reviewed in the area, but the service is what stood out for my experience. So, in summary, for all jobs big or small (oil change) I have found a new friend. A friend is someone you can trust! Rest assured that your vehicle and soul will be cared for in the business of maintaining your car or truck. Scott A.

Description of Work
Rebuilt Transmission, Rebuilt Front Differential (4WD), New Brakes (Including Calipers), Electrical Trouble shooting & Repair, and an Oil Change.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

10/06/2014

Daniel B.

Combustible material in the radiator fluid led to an initial diagnosis of a leaky head gasket which is quite an expensive repair. I told Dave, the owner of the shop, to go ahead and do the job. Dave, did not feel completely comfortable with the blown head gasket diagnosis. On his own initiative he contacted a Honda tech from Illinois who was able to come to Dave's shop. They worked on the weekend to ascertain the exact problem. The problem turned out to be something quite unusual and much less expensive to fix. I have never before dealt with an auto repair shop where they sincerely want to do the right thing and will go the extra mile to do so. The level of service provided by D&D was so refreshing. In the future D&D will get all of my maintenance and repair business.

Description of Work
Initially thought I might have a blown head gasket on a Honda Pilot.

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Auto repair. Oil change. Air conditioning. Battery. Brakes. Exhaust catalytic converter. Muffler. Pipes. Radiator. Cooling system. Shocks. Struts. Tires. Tune up. Wheel alignment.

State Emission Testing, Body Work