American TV & Appliance Of Waukesha

With Angi since November 2001

W229N1400 Westwood Dr

Waukesha, WI 53186

Additional phone - (262) 548-8550. Additional DBAs - American TV, American TV and Appliance & Furniture, American Of Brown Deer, American Of Appleton, American Of Oak Creek, American Of Waukesha.

02/23/2013

Patrick S.

On 1/29/13 we bought a 60" Samsung Smart TV from the store in Waukesha. When we bought the TV we were told it was temporarily out of stock, but the next shipment was expected on 2/12/13. We really wanted the TV and it was on sale, so we went ahead with the purchase and set a tentative installation date of 2/14. We actually expected everything would get pushed back, as most stores are off on their shipment estimates. To our pleasant surprise, we got an email on 2/11 that the TV was in stock. On 2/12 we got a call confirming the 2/14 installation between 11am and 1 pm. The installers arrived at 11:10 am and did a great job. A second crew came two days later, on schedule, to pick up the old TV for recycling. All in all, a very positive experience.

Description of Work
TV delivery and installation.

Category tv sales

11/19/2012

Donn B.

Joe Tynan. 100% perfect service.

Description of Work
Home theater installation.

Category home theater design

08/28/2010

Jo B.

The may tag was delivered on a friday. By Saturday afternoon we realized it was not cooling. By Sunday, lost all our food and called American. Theysaid we could pick up a dorm size loaner which we did on Sunday. They assured us they would send a technician out first thing Monday. Took off work, no technician called or showed up so at 10am when the store opened I called tHeir service center. They had no order, finally found our records and sent a tech out late afternoon.the uncommunicative tech came out, never told me the fridge was DOA.I found that out as he was making some calls. He just left the house and said the refridgerator needed a new compressor and to call sales. Called sales, and the fact that it was a special order seemed an insurmountable problem for american. It was the middle of a heat wave in aug and American made no effort to either expedite Ordering or delivering a replacement refridgerator. The sales person and manager did not followup with us nor even return our phone calls. The only help or information came from the general customer service number and a women who called me once after I sent an email to the "store manager" in frustration. She offered $100 to replace the lost food. About two weeks later we finally received the may tag that worked after being given a larger loaner. All in all, I was apalled at the appliance department,s lack of good customer service. I didn't blame American for the dead refriidgerator, but their lack of adequate response to rectify the situation means that I will never buy another appliance from that store, and I had bought many appliances there before. They lost oa good customer because they obviously need a good course in wht customer service means, even after the sale has been made when it counts most.

Description of Work
Bought a may tag refrigerator which was special order because it was a smaller size

08/25/2010

John K.

Supposed to deliver an oven today for installation tomorrow. After waiting 5 hours no one has showed. Their "Customer Care" hot line is staffed by incompetent phone jockies who routed me to 7 different people, and still no answer. Tried calling the store manager to complain, but the receptionist said "He doesn't take calls on service or delivery". Well exactly who owns customer satisfaction at American TV and Appliance? Apparently no one. I'll never shop their again.

Description of Work
Purchased a dual oven and secheduled delivery for one day with install the next day. The store could not deliver and install on the same day, so two days off work were required to deal with this company.

05/10/2010

Angela R.

The issues with American have been numerous and have spanned over 3 months now. In summary American Service was originally scheduled to do repair on 2/9/10. The tech that arrived did not have a work order for the stove top and stated he did not work on Electrolux stoves. The top was rescheduled and request was made for a different, trained tech to do the service work. Even with this request the same tech was sent on 3/16 to repair our stove. After completing the repair it was noted that a gasket was missing around the control panel. When I asked the tech about this, he claimed that was how it was before. I also noted a smell of gas when testing the burners and when I asked him about this he didn't answer. That evening we noticed the burners were not working properly and had American send a different tech later that week. He confirmed there was an issue with one of the burners and that two screws were not replaced during the last service. One of the missing screws was for the burner which was now not working properly. A replacement burner was ordered and installed on 4/8. There continued to be issues with igniting two of the burners, one being the replacement. The replaced burner also did not seem to have a consistent flame. Due to the continued issues with American and the reps we dealt with there I contacted Electrolux. They supplied the name of another service provider in our area who came out and inspected the stove. That tech confirmed there were still issues with the replaced burner as well as issues with the second burner. New parts were ordered and we are currently waiting for them to be installed. Besides the undertrained repair staff American sends, the customer care given by their in-house staff is horrendous. This ranges from not answering or returning phone calls, being unable to supply manager contact info, the inability to transfer you to one along with being talked down to about your problem by their Corporate Consumer Relations staff. It appears that there isn't one single person at American willing to step forward and offer an acceptable solution. Unfortunately we are now forced to work with a third party service provider and the manufacturer in hopes to resolve our issues.

Description of Work
Our new Electrolux gas stove (model EW30GS65GS) arrived with a scratched top. The entire stainless steel stove top was to be replaced under warranty by American Service Center.

01/28/2009

Philip C.

The salesperson was excellent. He was helpful, informative, and patient. We had a problem with the delivery. They showed up about a week late.

Description of Work
We bought a new washer and dryer from American TV and Appliance.

08/27/2008

Leslie I.

Hands down worst buying experience ever! Stove/oven required special installation that wasn't arranged for by salesperson. We had to wait a couple weeks without a stove because the old one was hauled away but that wasn't the worst of it. The worst was the customer service department. Trying to get to the heart of the problem took several hours over a couple of days of phone calls. The store finally sent us a little cabin stove to use while waiting for a trained installer. All of this could have been avoided because I had called two times prior just to make sure everything was in order (the salesperson was young and hadn't sold this particular model before so I was worried from the start). I've since replaced 3 other appliances but won't ever return to this store because of their shoddy customer service. They need a better process or better training for their telephone service reps. I could excuse the mess up if they would have addressed my concerns immediately or at least courteously.

Description of Work
Had a higher end stove/oven and dishwasher put in.

09/26/2007

TOM K.

They came out on 9-20, after they received a letter from Angie's List. The tech was Ryan, who was great. We had 3 parts that were bad, and he had 2 of the parts with him, one of which the numbers were switched, so it was for a dishwasher, and not a dryer. He called in the parts, which they said would take around 7 days to come in, to which he replied to his company "No way, will I let these people wait this long. They've already waited for 7 weeks!", after which the parts were 'in stock' all of a sudden. Ryan came out the next day on 9-21, and put the parts on he had. My wife & I are now pleased, and our dryer finally works. Besides our experiences with Ryan, the whole entire affair has been horrendous. The Whirlpool Company (no 'American'), did extend my warranty for an extra year, which is nice. Also, all of this work/labor was free, because it was covered by the warranty of the dryer.

Description of Work
Updated old report...

09/04/2007

TOM K.

They delivered the washer and dryer on May 26th. That day they came out to install the washer and dryer they said they couldn't install it because the dryer vent was in the wrong location. I read in the contract that they were supposed to supply the flexible hoses for the dryer vent, but never did. On July 31st the dryer went bad and did not work. On August 6th they came out to repair the dryer. They had to order the part because the part that they brought didn't work. Two weeks later received the part and they came out and it was the right part, but didn't work the part went bad and ordered the part again also found two parts that were bad also so total of three parts are bad told me it would be a week to receive those parts. After two weeks never called so I called them about the parts. They said that they received two of three parts just waiting on one of the parts. I called again and the part would be in the 15th of September and so I called the maker and they said that they can expedite it.

Description of Work
I purchased a washer and dryer.

07/21/2006

KEVIN A.

Poor customer service. Cancelled 4 times on the day of repair causing havoc with our work schecules. Never, repeat, never return phone calls from supervisors or VP in charge of customer service to discuss multiple complaints.

Description of Work
Repair of high definition television.

Category tv repair

11/23/2005

RENEE B.

I took the camera into American customer service. They were very helpful and sent it off to the manufacturer. I was advised it would take about six weeks. I received a call within three weeks. They had replaced the camera and it works wonderful.

Description of Work
Camera would turn on and then not off or not turn on at all. I took it in for repair.

Category camera repair

11/09/2001

SALESPERSON WASN'T COMPLETELY HONEST.

Description of Work
PURCHASED A NEW STOVE

David A.

Description of Work
I BOUGHT A REFRIGERATOR.

11/09/2001

Description of Work
I PURCHASED A NEW REFRIGERATOR.

05/01/2000

JAMES G.

SET APPTS. & DIDNT HAVE THE RIGHT PART

Description of Work
FIXED FREEZER & MICROWAVE

05/01/2000

Description of Work
REPLACED A PART ON THE STOVE

Apex Audio/Video LLC

Apex Audio/Video was founded on the principle that simplicity is paramount in every clients connected home. Over our many years of service we have provided the latest in TV installation, home theater, home automation, whole house audio, WiFi networking, video surveillance and new construction pre-wiring. Its not about buying the latest gadget. Its about finding the product that fits your lifestyle. We began working in this field because of our passion for audio/video, now it’s our turn to bring that passion home to you.

2022 Super Service Award

Mr. Electric of Waukesha

Integrated Building Systems

A small but dedicated work force that provides above average service at reasonable rates. We want to help! Let us know what you are looking to have done. We strive to please. If you need any kind of electrical work from servicing existing to installing new we can help. Our team has years of experience to find and fix even the most troublesome electrical problem. Our years of experience also shows when we install new electric. From adding an electric dryer outlet to updating your electrical panel to wiring a new home or office or retail store, we will show you that experience matters. Poor layouts and wiring practices will haunt you forever. Avoid costly mistakes and hire the team that will work for you like we are the owners of the property. Each and every time your satisfaction is our only goal. If you are unsure of whether or not we offer a type of service please do not hesitate to call to discuss your concern. We also install Solar PV electrical systems, Solar Thermal (Heating of Water by the Sun) Systems, Security Cameras, Audio and Video Systems to complete Bar or Home Theater Systems. If you own a large Warehouse or factory and you are looking to change out some lighting or other equipment to become more energy efficient give us a call and you will be surprised on how we can help. Also I have financing and Leasing available for any type or size job listed above.

Installation, repair & replacement of audio, computer electronics, gaming, car stereo, home theater, appliances, TV antenna and furniture & mattresses.