K J Services Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2009

Do you need a paint job? Looking for a professional to install tiles for you? Dreaming of a beautiful screen porch? You are in the right place. KJ Services is a dependable and affordable company that provides a wide variety of services. Many have trusted us already. Give us a try and you won’t be disappointed. Your satisfaction is guaranteed! KJ Services is a family owned and operated company dedicated to providing the highest quality services to our customers. Award wining....

A Service Provider's profile image

+20 more images

interior painting (76)house painting (35)woodworking (21)tile installation (20)drywall (19)pressure washing (14)decks & porches (14)door installation (12)handyman (10)home remodeling (9)deck cleaning (7)cabinet makers (6)

08/02/2022

LEE V.

Excellent work. Incredible attention to detail. Our deck was in bad shape. It looked like a new deck when the work was completed. We are so pleased.

Description of Work
Pressure wash, removed old paint and primed and doubled painted

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

07/06/2022

Lynda M.

K J Services painted my house and garage exterior. They did an outstanding job; I could not have asked for a better painting crew. They were meticulous, making a number of needed repairs as they went. They replaced a side door on the garage which was deteriorated. I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

06/28/2022

Shannon O.

We have used KJ Services twice for painting projects - first on a couple interior rooms back in 2012, and again to paint our entire house exterior in 2022. Kris' work on the interior rooms was excellent - the coverage was perfect, as was the edging. After 10 years, the rooms still look fantastic. Based on his past work, we hired Kris again to repaint the entire exterior of our home. He put together a quote in late 2021 and we planned to start work in 2022. Kris kept us updated in the spring as to how their schedule was coming with the weather, and he got started the first week in June. Kris and his team pressure washed the house, patched holes, and replaced damaged trim before starting with primer and paint. They then repainted everything - trim, siding, gutters, doors, and shutters. Start to finish, Kris and his team were here for about 2 1/2 weeks. The end result is fantastic! Our house looks better than it did brand new. I'm a "detail oriented person"... but I've found nothing that the team missed or did poorly. They were also incredibly tidy - other than a couple ladders tucked away under the trees, there was no sign of ongoing work at the end of each day (other than the progress on the house). Kris is an excellent contractor to work with on all fronts - his cost, communication, quality, reliability, and tidiness exceed any contractor we've ever worked with in 15 years of home ownership. I plan to work with him again on more interior projects in the future, and will happily recommend him to anyone that appreciates quality work.

Description of Work
Repainting home exterior

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

thank you so much for a great review!!! Kris

10/29/2021

JOANN M.

This October, 2021, we hired Kris – owner of KJ Services to perform carpentry and paint the exterior of our house. We could not be more pleased with the services he provided. Kris emphasized while doing his estimate that he would be there every day and perform the carpentry work himself in conjunction with the house painting with his helper, Milton. Kris replaced the wood on our two gables, repaired the molding along the garage door, and other repairs on our crown and fascia. He is a craftsman, and the repairs look brand new. And by performing the carpentry and painting, he was able to completely caulk the repairs and then immediately prime the area and paint. He also sanded the exterior of our entry door and stained the exterior – the door looks brand new and beautiful. The exterior trim painting was performed with great care using paint brushes and rollers. He did not take any shortcuts with the priming and painting. He performed this work while taking into account the rain that we received recently and performed work on the weekend to take advantage of the good weather on one of the weekends. Milton also performed tuckpointing on an area of where our brickwork had separated, and we were very pleased with the result. We have already asked Kris to perform work inside our house and are looking forward to his expertise and craftsmanship inside our home. Again, we highly recommend Kris, owner of KJ Services.

Description of Work
Exterior carpentry and painting

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/30/2021

10/14/2021

Andrew Z.

Well organized company, exceptional workmanship, great deal. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Interior Home Painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

10/14/2021

Krystyna S.

KJ Services did a beautiful job in our home. We hired them to paint the entire house and do the trim and door throughout the entire house. They were extremely professional and detail oriented. After our home was finished, we have referred them to other people who have gone ahead and used their services and were beyond happy with their work. You will not be disappointed with their work!

Description of Work
Interior painting and trim

Category remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

09/22/2021

Jennifer W.

Kris removed our old deck and replaced with composite decking. Made sure old boards were replaced and up to code. Very happy with the job and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed old decking and replaced with composite decking

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

Review for K J Services Inc - W 127 S 7748 Nursery Ct, Muskego, WI - 39483132

09/01/2021

Charmaine P.

KJ Services, Inc. did an excellent job! They were very meticulous and detail oriented and went above and beyond in making my 62 year old garage look like brand new again! From power washing, scraping, primer and paint, they finished my project in three days...all the while keeping me informed as to what they would be doing that day and asking if I had any input. I did ask for a couple things extra to be done and they responded by doing those as excellently as the work on the garage. They also cleaned my property spotlessly when their mission was accomplished. I appreciate the way they do business. I appreciate expertise. They were very congenial and I will be recommending them to my family and friends. And I hope to have them do work for me again in the future!!!

Description of Work
I needed my garage painted and also needed a new side door.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

03/01/2021

Jennifer W.

KJ Services did and excellent job. They are very professional and do a great job. Very detail oriented and clean up well after they are finished. They work well with your schedule.

Description of Work
Painting entire house, remove vinyl flooring and update with tile.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

vi t

02/27/2021

James L.

Kris and his colleague, Andrew, did a superb job once again. Kris is a real artisan, who puts passion, focus and detail into his work. His attention to detail and excellence on the job, is as though he's doing the work for his own home. If you can hire Kris and Andrew, you should. They are honest and professional. K J Services sets the bar that others can only hope to attain.

Description of Work
General painting, hanging ceiling beams and ceramic tiling of kitchen backsplash.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

09/30/2020

Dan Y.

KJ Services, Inc. painted the exterior of our home in September 2020. Kris did an excellent paint job at a reasonable price and we are very happy with the quality of work done. Kris is an honest, hardworking painter and we could not have asked for anyone better. Kris treated our house like it was his own house and he did many outstanding wood repairs that needed to be done. He offered good advice, was punctual and they did a good job cleaning up. If you are in need of an interior or exterior painter who does quality painting at a reasonable price then give KJ Services, Inc. a call. Dan and Helen Y.

Description of Work
paint exterior of house with oil base primer, with two coats of paint, replaced old window sills and replaced old posts on the front entrance.

Category custom cabinets, decks, replacement windows, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

09/01/2020

Carol E.

Kris is skilled, experienced, and dependable. He discussed aspects of the jobs as needed and provided updates. It was important to him that we are entirely satisfied, which we are.

Description of Work
Service performed: provided an estimate, repaired cedar siding damaged by woodpeckers, rebuilt a small wood chimney façade, pressure washed and stained the house, rebuilt the floor of a small balcony, tore out a large old deck, installed new decking and rails.

Category decks, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

07/15/2020

Cheri and Howard B.

Kris was amazing! First of all, he returned my call immediately and emailed me an estimate within a week. He told me he wouldn't be able to do my job until this summer, but I was already prepared for a reasonable wait time if the company was good. I was a bit worried, not having a painter referred to me by anyone I knew, however Kris's reviews on Angies list were top notch, and when I met with him, I knew he was a professional and took pride in his work. From day one of the job, he was thorough with all his prep work, his construction was outstanding, his painting was detail oriented. Kris does not cut corners at all! AND he's friendly! Every day he'd check in with me and make sure I was satisfied. He went above and beyond and worked so hard! I will be using Kris for other projects in the future for sure! My house has never looked better!

Description of Work
New cedar siding on garage and entire house and garage painted.

Category custom cabinets, siding, pressure washing, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

06/17/2020

Tom R.

Kris and Andrew did an exceptional job replacing worn cedar trim and painting our house. This is the second house Kris has painted for me (his work was exceptional on the first house as well). Not only are both guys skilled craftmen when it comes to painting, but they also are excellent at caulking (something that is equally important but often overlooked - as I have found out in the past with other painters). Additionally, Kris is always fair with pricing, uses exceptionally high quality product/paint/caulk (again something that other painters will cut corners on) and does what he says he'll do. You can trust Kris and Andrew to do your job the right way - they are craftsmen that take pride in their work. I waited a number of months for Kris and Andrew to paint my house (as they had a backlog of work) because I knew it would be worth it.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

09/27/2019

Daniel W.

Kris and Andrew did a wonderful job on my house and deck. Faced with many rainy days, they worked diligently when they could and completed all the work in a timely fashion. This included power washing the house and the deck (to which they threw in the brick areas of exterior walls, patio, front walk, and patio chairs). They also repaired and replaced deck boards and siding, painted all the house and stained the deck. It all looks just great as I hoped it would. I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Painted house exterior and deck

Category deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

08/26/2019

Judy B.

Was never contacted. Will not work with someone that doesn’t respond

Description of Work
Drywall basement

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

I have 20 phone calls a day, might have missed this one, I think you should't rate me if I did not performe the job for you. I work really hard for every costumer ,to have good reviews,

05/21/2019

James L.

The work performed by Kris and his team (Andrew) exceeded my expectations. I was very impressed by their professionalism and helpfulness. KJ did a wonderful, quality job. They have a superb attention to detail, that is almost impossible to find. I would highly recommend KJ Services.

Description of Work
Painting of entire condominium unit, replacement of woodwork, doors and kitchen cabinet painting/door installation

Category woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

04/04/2019

Ken S.

Everything went great with KJ Services. Kris and his team are always on time, always tidy, and always a fair price for the work. My recent project was very challenging because it was lots of tile work in a very old building. Needless to say nothing was square, but Kris worked hard to make it look great! This is now the 4th or 5th project Kris has done for me and I am always happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Paint, Tile, Cabinets, Trim

Category ceramic tile, drywall, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

08/13/2018

DONNA K.

We hired KJ to do both exterior painting and wallpaper removal. Kris provided us with a thorough review of what he thought needed to be done, including pointing out things we hadn't thought of. Kris and his crew were very prompt, courteous and professional. They kept the work areas clean and organized during and after the job was completed. My husband and I are both extremely pleased with the jobs they did. They power washed the outside trim, patched, caulked, removed some rotting boards and boards with woodpecker holes. They also painted the garage door. The exterior of our home looks so much better! They removed the wallpaper quickly and with very little mess. Unfortunately, they uncovered a mold issue in one area of the house that had been hidden by the paper. Mold remediation is not something they offer, but Kris was able to recommend a couple of experts we could consult with and even got in contact with one of them for us to explain the problem. We are in the process of having this addressed. We have also hired KJ to do some interior painting and I have every confidence they will do a superb job.

Description of Work
Caulking and painting of outside cedar trim on two story house, replacement of damaged boards and wallpaper removal in two rooms.

Category wallpaper removal, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

05/30/2018

Robert K.

Kris and his staff did an excellent job for us. They painted half of our basement as well as some outside painting. Kris also did some carpentry inside and out. He is very versatile, honest and true to his word. He does quality work and we would hire him again.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting and carpentry.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

05/17/2018

Thomas E.

Once again, Kris exceeded my expectations! We won’t use anyone else. You might have to wait a bit as Kris is busy but he is absolutely worth it! We had some water damage from a roof leak after Kris had painted our entire condo but his expert repair job made it look new again. Thank you Kris!

Description of Work
Painting and water leak repair

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

03/24/2018

DEBORA G.

He is really nice guy. My mom asked him to do work for deck. He likes him. He is honest, trustworthy and my mom said he did an excellent job in pressure washing and painting her deck.

Description of Work
They provided us an estimate last September for repairing and painting on our outdoor shed in the backyard.

Category decks, pressure washing