Alonso Landscape Service LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2008

Welcome to Alonso Landscape Service, a full-service landscape company with one goal - making our customers happy. Our professionalism, dedication to quality and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction has catapulted us to the forefront of landscape service providers in Dane County. At

hardscaping (38)lawn & landscaping (32)lawn care (27)tree service (6)snow removal (5)fence company (5)Patios (4)mulch delivering (4)leaf removal (2)concrete driveways (1)lawn treatment (1)

08/02/2022

Theresa W.

Very well. Arrived on scheduled date. Work was done efficiently and cleaned up work area extremely well. Already plan to use Alonso Landscaping for future work.

Description of Work
Landscaping and concrete driveway

Category concrete driveways, landscaping

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

06/24/2022

Geraldine S.

The crew arrived on time, was professional and friendly and did a great job in an awkward location.

Description of Work
Rebuild a raised bed

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

10/06/2021

Joe T.

Alonso Landscaping was the only company to respond promptly to my inquiry. Their quote was reasonable and I chose them to replace a deteriorating retaining wall. They showed up when promised and the job took two days. I was very impressed with the employee they sent over, Armando. He was considerate, a very hard worker and explained everything about what he was doing. He was thorough and the wall looks amazing. I would not hesitate to recommend them to you. If the owner reads this, Armando worked his butt off to make it look good. I will definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
I needed a retaining wall that had collapsed in two areas replaced. The wood had rotted out and dirt was starting to appear on my driveway.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

08/31/2021

Dennis M.

Alonso Landscape Service did a fantastic job of removing the 5 stumps from our yard. They handled contacting Diggers Hotline. They used a low-impact stump grinder that left no visible signs of its presence on the lawn after the job was done. They removed all of the debris and filled in the holes with fresh, smoothly graded top soil. They charged what we considered a very reasonable fee for the project. I would definitely hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Remove 5 stumps from our yard.

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

10/07/2020

Cottier C.

Business must be booming because I've contacted them multiple times for this quote. Came to the house, no quote after a week. It's been 3 going on 4 weeks?! Why? I was paying in cash, no hassle with loans etc. Simple work, nothing extravagant. They just don't seem to care.

Description of Work
Going on 4 weeks without a quote?

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

[Member Name Removed], Edit: I did look up our conversation and remember you telling me personally that you did not want the quote anymore because you were going with another company. This is why we did not reach out anymore. Please reach out again if you change your mind. Jen

09/03/2020

Dane N.

I HIGHLY recommend Alsonso Landscape Service. I received 4 quotes from area landscapers prior to selecting Alonso. Of the 4 they were the only ones to get my quote back to me within 24 hours and it was by far the most detailed. Even offering suggestions that I hadn't thought of to maximize my space. I couldn't be happier with the way the project turned out. Prices were fair and the team was very friendly.

Description of Work
Patio + Retaining Wall

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

05/26/2020

Mark K.

Great job by the team! They showed up when they said they would and were easy to work with.

Description of Work
New landscape burm and lawn planting

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

05/08/2020

Kelly T.

Fantastic! Alonso Landscape exceeded my expectations. I needed a huge tree removed from the front yard, tree roots removed, stump removed and the old, patchy lawn removed and replaced with sod. The team worked diligently and, more importantly, safely. The new lawn looks amazing - neighbors have commented about how good it looks. I will be a repeat customer when the time comes for the backyard to be spruced up! For the amount of work they did and for how impeccably well they did it, the cost of the project was low. I highly recommend this team.

Description of Work
Tree removal, stump grinding, add sod

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

10/14/2019

Anton V.

Excellent timeliness and cost. Reached out to 3-5 landscapers on Angie's List for a minor hardscaping job in my back yard. Ramon from Alonso landscaping was able to come out and provide an estimate on site with a very quick start date (2-3 months sooner than other landscapers). The estimate was also very competitive (on average, 50% lower than other quotes). Work was completed extremely quickly (~1 day) and I am very pleased with the end-result.

Description of Work
Installing patio retaining wall

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

Review for Alonso Landscape Service LLC - 2503 Pleasant View Rd, Middleton, WI - 38170119

08/26/2019

Richard S.

The job went exceedingly well and was completed in five days. Previous installer was still not finished after nine months! Very glad I switched.

Description of Work
Needed improperly installed pavers (by a different company) to be removed, new gravel installed, pavers reinstalled, cleaned and sealed, and the entire yard regraded to keep water and ice off the driveway in the winter.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

07/27/2019

J V.

Good news: Ramon was very pleasant and accommodating. We set a contract in the fall for spring work. The workers were exceptional - spent about 9-10 hours at my house to complete the job (it was a lot of heavy work involving small vehicles and a lot of muscle!) in one day. Not-so-good news: I never received an updated contract - only an adjusted estimate. After reminders in fall and spring, it was never produced. I got a text out of the blue in late March stating they were planting on April 4. I wondered if it should wait until May, after potential of frost. (There was one in late April.) I asked if he had written down our notes from September so the workers would know what areas needed extra attention, and which to avoid. His only reply was to give another date. Unfortunately, two dates were rained out in May, so I finally received the work in early June - not a problem. Afterward, I asked how often to water, what happened if the seeds didn't grow (no contract!) and when to mow. He told me when to water and mow, and assured me the seeding would be fine. Then he told me I'd need to have weed control in the fall and gave me the name of a company. I was confused, I thought his company did that, and we would continue to work together. I contacted him twice in July to see if he could just stop by and take a look at the grass. No response. I get the feeling that I, or the job, made the project stressful for him. But I don't know! My yard is 3/4 nice grass, but there are huge clumps of quack grass and a strange plant throughout that I've never seen before. I don't know if this is normal. In my last phone message, I let him know that I did not want to give a mediocre grade on AL, but it's been 2 weeks and no response. I want to support local businesses and I try to be a good customer and I'm disappointed. I may edit this later if he does follow up.

Description of Work
Total replacement of 5,000 sqft lawn, clean up old garden (remove bricks and pavers). The lawn was overgrown with daisies, oregano, and ivy from a previous tree removal.

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

05/07/2019

Ryan K.

Ramon and his team are masters of their craft. We used them to grade and seed our entire yard after construction. They pay attention to the details that matter, they’re efficient, and they do a great job cleaning up after they are done. We could not be happier with Alonso Landscape Service LLC! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Best in town!

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 05/04/2019

11/30/2018

Kari K.

Alonso et al. did a super job of digging out the stump, using a skidsteer-type machine. It took 3-4 hours, and they did leave a few tracks in the yard, but those will be fixed when spring comes (they've agreed to repair the affected grass). I thought the price of ~ $600 was great, the stump is gone, and they cleaned gutters at the same time, for a very reasonable price. They did arrive 30 minutes after expected, but it wasn't an issue. The stump was 2+ ft in diameter, with deep roots and they successfully removed main roots, and covered the area with my mulch when done.

Description of Work
Large spruce stump extracted

Category tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

10/15/2018

Steve W.

Came out, look the place over, told us he would get us some ideas, and we never heard back from him again.

Description of Work
Landscspingy

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

07/12/2018

Laura S.

The Alonso estimator was very responsive, and gave me a great quote. I hired him on the spot. He let me know they would call when they could fit me in. I got the call about 5 days later, and they showed up on time, and had the job completed (very well) within 30 minutes. They hauled away all the debris so I didn't need to worry about it. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Removal of overgrown lilac and invasive box elder

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

06/05/2017

Ravindra K.

Their team arrived on the scheduled day and got everything done in a day. They did not use any heavy machines to protect the existing yard/landscaping and relied on manual labor

Description of Work
Remove playset and pea gravel around it and install sod

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

05/22/2017

Stephanie K.

It was OK. We thought the price was great for all that was done. Our walkway and rock garden look wonderful. The front yard looks great but they didn't seem to put as much effort into the backyard. The front was completely tore up and seeded while in the back they basically picked & chose patches of grass to cultivate and reseed. There was minimal communication with the owner and he only stopped by the first time to quote our price - he didn't come by during the 3 days his team was there and he never once called to see how things look. When I had complaints about the backyard he didn't do much apologizing and when I asked that he come by (while we were home) to look at the areas and reseed, he sent his team during a time I said we WOULD NOT be home. They reseeded the area and didn't even tell us they were going in the backyard! It wasn't until I noticed new seeds and called to ask. He didn't give us any information on how to keep upkeep the yard and there are A LOT of weeds still growing. He also didn't ask for payment after the work was done. It wasn't until we noticed the (very minimal) contract stated we would inquire a fee if paid after 30-days.. we called him (after many email attempts/requests to call us) to give our payment information and I can't help but think it was intentional so that we would have to pay extra. Our yard does look good now and I am happy with the outcome (other than the backyard not being as nice as the front) but I'm not sure about the communication/professionalism of the owner.

Description of Work
Lawn tore up and reseeded. New walkway and rock garden. Holes in grass area filled. Garden beds cleaned out.

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

05/18/2017

steve P.

Alonzo came out to see the yard and discuss what I was looking for. He mentioned some tentative ideas about what could be done and identified some vague price options. He stated he would get back to me within the week with some estimates. I never heard from him again. Too many other landscapers out there to hire someone so careless about getting back to me. Do not recommend.

Description of Work
creation of flower beds and patio, possible drainage ditch or regrading to correct water collection

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

04/26/2017

David Z.

I'd recommend this crew. I wanted to get the lawn re-seeded earlier in the spring so that I didn't have to water all the time and they came out within a week or two of giving me a quote. The price was right and the lawn looks pretty good. There are some patchy spots, but that's to be expected--sometimes the seed just doesn't take.

Description of Work
Alonso re-seeded my lawn this Spring, about 2,000 sq. ft.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

04/18/2017

Sharon E.

Alonso Landscaping did a great job with spring clean-up, installing a new bed, and fixing our fence. I could not be happier!

Description of Work
spring clean-up, installing a new bed, and fixing fence

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed] to work with us.

07/26/2016

Cynthia B.

Ramon and his crew were professional and friendly. They got the work done earlier than it was originally scheduled, and it looks terrific. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Dismantle and rebuild collapsing retaining walls

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

07/03/2015

Jacob F.

We had a very hot and cold experience with Alonso Landscaping. They were very responsive when we first asked for a quote to remove numerous shrubs and redo all of the landscaping in front of our house. The estimate came back quickly and was very reasonable compared to other companies. At that point, we wanted to change some of the plants Ramon used in the estimate. It took between 3 weeks to a month to get any further response with our changes. We would call Ramon on his cell, call the main office, and email but get no meaningful response. Then, Ramon responded, made the changes, provided the new estimate, and got his crew out in less than a week to do the work. I am not sure what caused the difference between the times when Ramon was incredibly responsive and the period where he was totally unresponsive. The work itself looks great. Ramon was very willing to work with us, listen to our thoughts on what we wanted, and put together a beautiful landscape that captured exactly what we wanted and made it look even better than we had imagined. His crew left a few branches from some shrubs they removed which they could have disposed of, left a very large landscaping stone in the yard instead of in the landscaping, and moved our hose from the backyard to the frontyard without returning it when they finished. They also broke a feature on our hose nozzle. Other than those couple small problems, it was great to work with Alonso.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 06/27/2015

06/04/2014

Jennifer V.

Alonso Landscape Service LLC are reliable, they do quality work.

Description of Work
I have Alonso Landscape Service LLC come in weekly for landscape services.