Fred's Appliance Spokane

Founded 1962 • With Angi since August 2010

3.9

Cost is determined by the job. Locally owned. Additional address - 2601 N Monroe, Spokane, WA 99205....

Neli Virtual Appliance Repair

Offers by Neli Virtual Appliance Repair on Angi

06/08/2020

We purchased 7000 dollars worth of appliances from Fred’s had three wall ovens replaced under warranty in the first year the after fourteen months the new fridge went out , Fred’s came out to fix it and the weld had failed and all the coolant had evaporated a 1200 dollar fix and two week wait on the parts so we opted to buy a new fridge for 2000 and after one week it stopped working , we told them we wanted a new one , and they would not exchange it only wanted to repair it , we didn’t pay for a repaired fridge we wanted a new one that works ! Come to find out I called whirlpool and they said that particular part was covered for five years and would of been fixed under warranty another thing Fred’s failed to tell us ! Very poor customer service Steve the service manager wouldn’t even come to the phone and another guy named Chris had the worst customer service skills ever . Don’t shop here they are the worst to work with after they get your money!!!

Description of Work
New fridge

07/03/2015

We visited three Freds locations to buy our 3 new appliances. The salespeople were fantastic in all stores. Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful. The prices seemed fair and when we agreed on a delivery date, the delivery details went very well, too. Punctual, competent deliverers. Our new double wall ovens and new refrigerator are working perfectly. Our new Kitchen-Aid dishwasher has leaked since it was installed. ...during every use. We called for repair and the repair people were friendly, and sent repairmen often. I liked each one who came out, but they replaced the door sealer once, made other adjustments each time. And every time it still leaked. They simply could not repair it. Some told me it was a lemon. During this dishwasher hassle of more than a year, Kitchen-Aid, Whirlpool Corporation has been contacted by me and Freds Repair at least 12 to 15 times to try to get a replacement dishwasher. Finally, I heard from Freds that "Whirlpool will never replace your dishwasher or any other appliance for anyone".They never do it. They will tell us to order individual dishwasher parts "willy-nilly" and replace the parts until your 6 month extended warranty runs out". I said that I do not want parts unrelated to the problem replaced. So, I am left with a brand-new leaking dishwasher. I think that since Freds knows this "F" Whirlpool policy and contracts with them, Freds should replace the brand-new dishwasher. Since Freds will not replace it either, they earn an F for their policy.

Description of Work
We bought 3 new appliances from three Freds Appliance locations in Spokane when we had our kitchen remodeled April, 2014. When 1 appliance was a lemon, Freds did not replace it. Salesmen earned A's. Repairmen earned A's for effort, but were unable to turn a lemon into the brand-new dishwasher we paid for.

12/31/2014

What has this provider done for us? Not enough! They gladly accepted our sale for the purchase of our kitchen suite and it's been downhill since. We bought a brand new GE Profile fridge, dishwasher and over the stove microwave/convection oven. Less than 4 months after receiving our $2,700 fridge, it began to make a loud noise. Started on a Friday night and sounded like a helicopter taking off in flight. I called for service immediately the following Monday morn. Someone came Wednesday. After being in our home for about 20 minutes, not ever taking any housing covers apart, plugging in diagnostic equipment, he determines it's a fan motor gone bad. Part gets ordered. By this time our fridge was up to 49 degrees inside. Two weeks later the part is in and they attempt install. After arriving, they open the part and it's broken. THEN he decides to open things up and sees an ice build up on condenser coils and the fan isn't the problem at all. Then he calls GE and we are told it needs a computer update. By this point, I demand a loaner. Obvisouly distraught and very upset feeling we have a lemon, we demand a swap to a new unit. Let them fix and resell it! Why should I have to keep a piece of crap just because it's under warranty and/or they don't have a flippin' clue!? They maintain they are bound by GE POLICY. We spoke to GE consumer relations and they tell us Freds could be doing more and grant our swap by simply calling the area GE sales rep in our area. They refuse to do so and claim they can't do anything but fix what's under warranty and then after the 2nd failed repair, supposedly will swap it. This all started on 11/21/14 and here we are 12/31/14 and we still aren't repaired or replaced. GE says they can request parts on a rush, they order it standard and blame holidays for delays. The temp of our fridge has been up and down between 37 and 62 degrees. Not to mention the spoiled food through all of this! The entire store needs a lesson in pleasing the customer! I ask everyone at Freds....how would you feel if expending $2,700 and it's broken four months in....would you want it or expect it replaced? They claim they are better than the Big Box stores....guess what? You're not even close! I went so far as to call Lowes and speak to their store manager....given the cicumstances, they would have swapped it immediately. Freds says they are lying and bound by the same GE rules. Most aggravation I've encounted with a company ever! Have purchased probably over $10,000 in the store over my adult life but they have LOST a customer on this deal!

Description of Work
More than 30 days into the repair, we still have a non functioning but still under warranty four month old broken fridge. A barrage of excuses and no follow through.

07/09/2014

Fred's repair man came and spent 10 minutes at our rental house. He never called to tell me why the dryer was squealing, nor did he even speak to our renters. He just sent a bill for $152.00. The next time I was at the rental, I checked the dryer only to find that it had been detached from dryer vent and back legs removed. When I initially called, they insisted I give a credit card number before they'd send a serviceman. After the "service", they did not bill my card, but rather sent me two different invoices with late fees included. When I called to discuss the lack of service, I was told someone would call me back. No one ever did. Instead they decided to go ahead and charge my Visa 6 weeks after the fact. I'm very disappointed. I ended up having to call a different company to complete the repairs for an additional $90.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

04/17/2014

Called Fred's Appliance service dispatch and explained that my clothes dryer stopped running. They explained service procedure and other general service related questions I had. To answer my questions further, they had the technician that would do the service call me and after our discussions, we schedule a service call for the same day. The technician arrived promptly as promised and after completing the failure problem he had the part on his truck, repaired the dryer and completed a test on the repair. The price was reasonable, service better than expected and professional. Will use them again!

Description of Work
Diagnostic and repair on clothes dryer.

12/09/2013

Went down on price with a dent and ding gas stove. Went out of their way to order the missing grill. Very positive experience.

09/05/2013

Took two weeks to get an appointment, came said it needed 3 parts and would be 2-3 weeks to receive parts. Their office called on the 27th of Aug and said repairman would be at our home on 4th of September. Didn't hear from Fred's Appliance by 2:00 PM so I called them. They said they did not have me down for an appointment, today or any day. I checked my phone and found the date and time they called me and I called them back and told them, the office girl could of cared less and said they had 8 working in the office so didn't know who and quot; made my appointment and quot;. I told her it was not right I would have to wait for another week! I then called our builder and asked him what to do and he didn't know either and said that they no longer use Fred's, they had trouble with them also. A few minutes later Fred's called me back, apologized for the mix up and someone would be out today. Repairman gets here, not too friendly. Said I didn't need those 3 parts, it was a little piece he carried on his truck. The first repairman that was here did not take it apart and look properly and he could of fixed it on the first trip! So I also had to pay for the second service repair which was not needed!! I have not ever had good service from them, but nobody else will work on Wolf products here...

Description of Work
Repaired our Wolf microwave.

05/21/2013

The analysis of the malfunction and repair cost came first. It was very expensive, so we spent a few weeks on the decision. Then we decided to repair rather than buy a new one. We called the order in and they had to order the part. Some manufacturers' parts are overseas, and ours was one of those. It took a long time to get the part in, but they called as soon as they had it and made an appt. with me to have it installed. Once installed, the issue was fixed. The only unfortunate thing was having the whole stove-top out for over 2 months during the process. I had 3 burners working before the repairman diagnosed the problem, but when he left, none were working. It was very inconvenient. I still don't understand why all the burners went out once he came to the house, but nevertheless, we made it through the holidays with baking and borrowing a one burner plug-in burner for sauteing. The length of time it took was not Fred's Appliance fault at all. It was was a combination of our decision making and the time to ship the part. The repairman was extremely kind, professional, competent and polite. I will have him come again if need be.

Description of Work
Replace an element in a KitchenAid Induction stovetop.

12/18/2012

I've had Fred's appliance out to repair a variety of my large appliances because we have an extended warranty. We live 40 miles northof Spokane and they will only travel on one day of the week out of town. If they are full for the day they are traveling then have to wait an additional week. It seems like every time I call I have to wait 2-3 weeks and if they need to bringa part back to repair the appliance then the wole ordeal can take up to 4 weeks such as mine has. I would not purchase this warranty if you live out of town.

Description of Work
I've had Fred's Appliance out to repair a variety of my large appliances because we have an extended warranty. We live 40 miles north of Spokane and they will only travel on one day of the week out of town. If they are full for the day they are traveling then you have to wait an additional week. It seems like every time I call I have to wait 2-3 weeks and if they need to bring a part back to repair the appliance then the whole ordeal can take up to 4 weeks such as mine has.

Category appliance repair

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with our warranty and our service. Being one of the few local servicers that will travel outside of our immediate area up to 125 miles we try very hard to make sure our rural customers are taken care of in a timely manner. It is true we only go out your direction once a week as we have to alternate our staff between rural areas and this causes a one to three week turn around. Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Montana are vast areas with sparse population in some areas and we do what we can for all our customers. We believe in our extended warranty especially for people in outlining areas. It covers the trip charge to your home and all costs, where sometimes this is not completely covered by the manufactures warranty and not at all after the first year. With a trip charge for non-warranty customers running $159.95 to your area for each completed call plus labor and parts we think the warranty is well worth it. This is why we believe our warranty because we covered your appliance for 5 years for as many service calls as it takes to repair your appliance or replacement if it cannot be repaired. We would encourage you to contact our Sale’s Manager Steve Ellis @ 509-328-1884 to see if there is anything we can do for your situation.

09/01/2012

The last set we bought around 15 years ago has performed very well. I called about a repair and Steve discussed the cost of repair for an aged machine and dimensionalized what we would gain in efficiency and save in $$$ by replacing other than repairing. He also worked out terms that fit our budget. I and my family have done business with Fred's Appliance over 20 years with great results! All of the appliances in our house have been purchased at Fred's. It was obviously not working properly. Their repairman suggested how to fix the problem and explained that I could purchase a and quot;kitand quot; that was easy to install and would save me the cost of a repair visit. I installed the and quot;kitand quot;. Unfortunately, the and quot;kitand quot; did not solve the problem. I called back and Fred's repairman promptly visited our house and found that some copper lines had been pinched from the manufacturer. Gas was leaking preventing cooling. They fixed it under the warranty and there was no charge. They continue to suggest ways to save me money. Fred's Appliance is a great place to do business! They are OUR appliance store!

Description of Work
I purchased a replacement washer and dryer. Previously, I purchased a refrigerator for our garage for more cooling space. It was not cooling properly. I called to have it checked.

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

Appliance sales & services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express