Environix Testing & Remediation

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2008

3731 132nd St SW

Lynnwood, WA 98087

Family owned & operated for over 15 years. We offer LIFETIME WARRANTIES against regrowth. We specialize in mold testing & remediation, indoor air quality analysis, ventilation assessments, attic & crawlspace mold cleanup, lead and asbestos survey & testing, VOC testing, water damage assessment & restoration, and more! We're western Washington's premier indoor environmental firm. We've provided Puget Sound's most demanding clients with actionable reports and permanent solutions to their mold problems. Recent customers include US Coast Guard, City of Redmond and University of Washington to name a few. Our unique approach & LIFETIME WARRANTIES are unmatched by any other company. Additional emails - kathy@environix.com & support@environix.com. Award winning. Additional contact name - James Mallory. Additional DBAs - Schatz Services Unlimited Inc, Environix. Additional website - www.environix.com....

03/06/2021

Natalie W.

I bought a house 2 years ago that had mold in the attic that I needed to get a quote and information on. I called a few other companies that were just not helpful or would any provide info about the process on. Was getting frustrated! When I called environix they were super helpful and kind. Provided lots of info, got the project and did an amazing job!! Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Mold removal in attic

Category drywall,mold removal

02/26/2021

trish B.

Very thorough and prompt. All work was performed in a professional manner. Mike was technician performing the work at my house. He took all necessary steps to protect my house and make sure everything was clean before leaving. He was on time and explained the work that he would be performing.

Description of Work
Attic mold remediation

02/25/2021

AJEY L.

Not great. They wouldn't provide a statement of work that broke down what the $2000 estimate was for. After speaking with their representative, I asked if we could just get photos showing before /after and that the mold spot had been remediated, again nothing. Finally, they wanted the full $2000 to be paid 2 days prior to any work being completed. Have decided to pay the $175 for inspection and go with another provider who has better business practices and is more forthcoming in their work.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

01/21/2021

Bob P.

work performed on time, at quoted price. Test results provided promptly.

Description of Work
Testing of ceiling coating for asbestos

Category asbestos removal

01/15/2021

Jane L W.

Talked on the phone with representative. They would not take my mold testing results, done by another company and lab. Wanted to do it themselves, then reimburse me only if they were hired to remediate the mold.

Description of Work
Needed to find the source of mold in the air.

Category drywall,mold removal

I completely understand your frustration. We should have reviewed the results to see if the samples were collected correctly. In the vast majority of circumstances, these reports are of little value and we end up redoing the entire inspection. They tell you the type and quantity of the mold but fail to investigate the cause and extent of the growth. It’s these latter issues that are most important. And because we warranty all of our work, it’s very important we get these right. Otherwise, we’re on the hook for another company’s failure. Even if an inspection report comes from a trusted source, we still need to verify their findings before we can proceed. This takes quite a bit of time and yes, we charge for this investigation. This is true for most construction industries. A plumber is not going to provide a bid based on another company’s assessment. They need to fully inspect the problem themselves make sure the plan meets their internal standards. In the past, we've done these for free. It often ended poorly because in the course of the remediation work we found problems missed by the 3rd party inspector. Even though it was not our mistake, the clients are understandably frustrated and 3rd party is long gone at this point. We've found it much better to spend a bit more time on the front end to ensure there are no hidden surprises. As you noted in your comment, we refund this inspection if we perform the remediation work. The inspection then becomes a free bid. The vast majority of our clients find this a very fair arrangement because it balances out the responsibilities of the client and the company. Regardless, I am disappointed this approach doesn’t work for you. I clearly failed to address your concerns and find a solution that works for both of us. I would be happy to perform a free inspection to make things right with you. Also, I've talked this over with our team and coached them on how to handle these situations better in the future.

08/16/2020

Carl K.

We had a possible roof leak in a very cramped attic space. A different company's free estimate misdiagnosed the problem and wouldn't venture into the cramped area to look or work on it. Environix was highly recommended by our roofer. They were available within a few days, showed up promptly and did a very thorough inspection everywhere in the attic. The report measured air flow and other things through the attic - written up with photos. They found a few small issues to fix but did not recommend any treatment by them. I appreciated their thoroughness, detailed report and not pushing unneeded treatment. Well worth the price of inspection. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Attic Inspection

Category asbestos removal,mold removal

10/04/2019

Frank A.

It was excellent!! Communication, thoroughness, the report was comprehension and the rep was communicative very good.

Description of Work
Tested for mold

12/10/2018

Diana & Nicholas O.

I contacted Environix as we discovered that we had some light mold in our attic. I spoke to the office manager, Katheryn, who was very helpful and knowledgeable on the process. She organized for one of the technicians, Tyler, to come out to do an attic inspection. Shortly after the visit, Tyler sent me a very comprehensive and thorough report detailing both his findings complete with photos and an attic remediation proposal. Tyler was responsive, patient and detailed in answering my various follow-up questions. Overall I found this company to be professional, organized, thorough, experienced and knowledgeable. Their communication skills and customer service were exceptional. Although we did not continue ahead with this company for their mold remediation services, I have no doubt that they would have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
Attic Inspection, Mold Remediation Services

Category mold removal

We couldn't have asked for a better way to start the week! Thank you so much for taking time to write such a thoughtful & thorough review. We'll be sure to pass them along to the team as it's always encouraging to hear from our clients - especially when the feedback is so great! We try to operate with the highest level of efficiency & detailed communication to ensure the best overall experience for everyone involved. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

10/30/2018

Danita L.

Great. Excellent service and extremely professional staff.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Category mold removal

Thanks for sharing your experience. As I'm sure you've now realized first hand, that dealing with mold can be very intimidating so please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can do for you!

09/27/2018

Shawna F.

The service technician was professional. He found an issue with my hot water heater that the first plumber I called totally missed.

Description of Work
Testing for mold.

Category mold removal

Tim, your inspector, is fantastic! He is always very attentive and thorough in his work. We appreciate your taking the time to tell us you were satisfied.

DK Environmental

When you find mold or mildew growing in your home, it is a clear indicator you may have moisture intrusion issues causing the growth. With over 10 years of experience in the mold remediation and water damage industry, DK Environmental is a great choice for your remediation needs. Do you have an older home and are concerned about the possibility of asbestos? No problem! We provide asbestos removal services as well! We have quality employees, which means we do quality work.

PuroClean Of Marysville

We are an emergency restoration company specializing in water, fire and mold damage.

Rainbow International of Bothell

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

We specialize in mold testing & remediation, indoor air quality analysis, ventilation assessments, attic & crawlspace mold cleanup, lead and asbestos survey & testing, water damage assessment & restoration, and more!

Asbestos Abatement/Removal & Pest Control.