Appliance Repair Specialists

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2005

Appliance Repair Specialists, Inc, has been servicing the Puget Sound vicinity since 1985. We service most makes and models. Our professional team is factory-trained, licensed, and bonded. Additional phone number (253) 838-7059, (253) 854-6430, (253) 838-7287, (253) 952-6110, (360) 754-9252, (888)

4.4

appliance repair (22)small appliance repair (1)

12/16/2020

Elyna G.

Installer entered my home without a mask and refused to put one in cause he has a Drs note. Ou asked him to leave 4 times before he did. My son had leukemia and a bonemarrow transplant and is immunocompromised. Every house he gas entered in the last 14 days has now been brought into our home. I feel so violated

Description of Work
Microwave installed

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

11/20/2020

Dion G.

There was some confusion from both my home warranty company and Appliance Repair Specialists concerning whether the two companies had a working agreement or not. Eventually, things got sorted out and the work was completed. This added several days to the time needed to get the repair completed. There was also some confusion on ARS' part about getting parts ordered once the diagnosis was complete. This added a few days as well. The fieldwork itself was quick, efficient and very professional. Brandon stayed in contact with me with updates as they were available. He arrived when he said he would and completed the actual repair in less time than originally estimated. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I will call on Appliance Repair Specialists should I have need of their services again. My advice to a prospective new customer: verify that your home warranty company actually has a working arrangement with ARS before initiating a repair service. For ARS: When a prospective new customer says they have a home warranty, verify that the warranty company has you in their system and can assign the job to you directly. Mine (2-10) did not, which added time and extra work for all parties to get sorted out.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

10/20/2020

Erlinda B.

Got it working day of service, ordered worn out part, came and installed part in short timeframe. Very satisfied.300

Description of Work
Freezer not cooling

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/19/2020

Claudia W.

Found problem, ordered part and fixed within a week.

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

09/30/2020

Karyn P.

They repaired a washing machine in a little rental house. Replaced the lid switch which another outfit had done 2 years prior a bit incorrectly. Hoping these guys did it right! So far our renter says it works like a charm!

Description of Work
Repair washing machine

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/29/2020

Richard G.

Went very well. Technician communicated well and was very professional. Had to diagnose problem with further research. Called me after initial inspection and told me what the problem was and gave me a price that was well below other estimates. Returned with another technician and replaced faulty part. Would recommend ARS and wouldn't hesitate to call them again. Aaron and Joseph get 2 thumbs up from me.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair.

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

08/13/2020

Chris O.

GREAT!!! Came on time, fixed the problem. Personable. knowledgeable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

06/17/2020

Terri W.

The repair went great. The repairman was professional and got the job done. He did have to be at my home twice; but he came when he said he would. It cost what he said it would. My old Maytag washer works again. I would say the phone receptionist could work a bit on her customer service skills. She was pleasant; but I kept having to correct her as to what appliance needed repair. I felt like she does this all day everyday, and is tired of it. (Resist complacency is a good motto in customer service.) I would use this company again. Thank you.

Description of Work
Old washer part broke

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/14/2020

sandra D.

Just fine. He solved the problem

Description of Work
rattling noise

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

04/06/2020

scott B.

Excellent. Job well done.

Description of Work
Fix freezer

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

03/10/2020

Jim H.

Perfectly. Repaired in a timely fashion and a reasonable price.

Description of Work
repaired a switch on the washing machine.

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

01/28/2020

michelle W.

Technician rapidly found problem. Advised against a repair which would cost as much or more as a new refrigerator. Upon my request, made suggestions on where to purchase and which models to avoid buying. Reasonable service call charge.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was not cooling

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to provide service for you in the future.

01/21/2020

Vicki H.

He was wonderful. He was honest about it.

Description of Work
My freezer was not working he came out and thought he knew what it was but upon diagnosing it was something way worst.

Work Completed On 12/21/2019

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear about our technicians integrity.

01/13/2020

Greg T.

It was fine.

Description of Work
Appliance Repair - Large

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

Thank you for your business and your review. You have been a great customer and look forward to serving you again.

11/13/2019

Robin L.

Extremely well. Technician Brandon was very professional and did great work!!

Description of Work
Refridgerator and Dishwater repair

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Thank you for using Appliance Repair Specialists, Inc. If you need service in the future, you can ask for Brandon again. Looking forward to serving you again.

03/04/2014

Carolyn A E.

They are excellent. I have used them on a number of appliance repairs. They have immediate service, great technicians and the cost is cheaper than I had anticipated.

Description of Work
They repaired my dishwasher.

Work Completed On 03/04/2014

10/13/2012

Carla S.

I made an appointment with this company to have my oven fixed. They gave an appoitment time of 2-430, I had to leave work early to be able to be home for the repair man. I called at 3 to see if they had an ETA on when the repair person was going to be there. They said that it was going to be at the tail end of the time stated. At 4:45 I called to see if he was going to show up, the woman who answered the phone, put me on hold and tried to call him. He did not answer the phone and was probably still on the job and that it was taking longer, she stated that she would call me back if he was going to show up, I had to call back again 15 min later and she let me know that she would call if the appointment was going to be Saturday or monday. No call and still today no call. THIS IS A VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY> RUN FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Description of Work
I had no services performed. They never showed up for my appointment, never called and do not answer the phone.

Cost $69.99

Work Completed On 10/12/2012

To the Member's, Every attempt from the office was made to try to get a hold of the service tech. We put several phone calls in and two text were sent to his phone. I will let him see your complaint. We will try to find out what happened and why the appt was not kept. We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused and would like to reschedule if possible for next week. The office will call contact you on Monday. ARS REP

09/01/2011

Kaedra R.

I had an excellent experience with Appliance Repair Specialists. When my washer stopped working, full of water and towels, I googled repair shops and found ARS. My dryer is also having issues, so I needed to have both looked at. I called and had a positive phone call with Laura. She was pleasant and informed, and I liked their billing policy: there is a basic fee for them to come out and give an estimate, but if you have them perform the repair, you are only charged for the cost of the repair, parts and labor; the estimate fee is absorbed into the repair cost. I went ahead and scheduled with them, and she said they could come the next day, even though I couldn't be home from another appointment until noon. In the meantime, upon a friend's suggestion, because I was worried about hiring a repair business I had no references for and because I'd had a nightmare experience in the past with a major repair agency, I looked on Angie's List and reviewed ARS. I was a little concerned because there were only two reviews of ARS, both unfavorable. I called a couple other repair shops with A-star ratings, but I didn't have as positive a phone experience as I had had with Laura. And I was displeased to hear that they charge a fee to come out and give an estimate and that fee is fixed and separate from the repair if they do it and they would charge me a separate fee to look at the dryer, and/or I didn't reach a live person or couldn't get a general idea of ballpark cost. I decided to trust my gut feeling and go with ARS. I felt even better about it the next morning when, bright and early, Joe called me to tell me they would be coming out within a two-hour window that worked for me--between 12:00 and 2:00. He was very nice and reassuring and sounded like he knew what he was talking about, gave me an idea of what it sounded like to him and ballpark cost. Sure enough, at 11:30 Joe called again to say they would be there at noon. He arrived on time with Keith, an employee, and Keith came in to do the repair. He was also very nice and personable, went right to the washer, said he thought it was a switch, examined it, and just as they thought, that's what it was. He had the part in the truck and the repair was done quickly and efficiently. He also looked at the dryer and talked to me about their suspicions of what's wrong with my dryer--that the vent is probably clogged, suggested I look on Angie's List for a person to clean it out, and then DID NOT charge me anything for looking at the dryer. The total cost was exactly what Joe had thought and much less than I was afraid it would be. The washer is running great again, and I am so relieved at the outcome. And with such a great experience, next time one of my appliances breaks, I have the comfort of having what feels like a mom-and-pop, friendly shop to call right away that I know will take care of things and not overcharge me or be difficult to schedule. I cannot recommend ARS enough. They show up when they schedule for, are presentable and nice to work with, fair and reasonable in their charges. I think this is a company that cares about developing long-term relationships with customers, which in my experience is rare today in business. An update: ARS was correct about my dryer vent. I hired a company from Angie's list to clean it out and the dryer is working great now.

Description of Work
Repair of my washer, which had stopped working during use. The repair needed ended up being the lid switch, which when broken prevents the washer from draining or spinning.

Work Completed On 09/01/2011

Thank you for calling Appliance Repair Specialists, Inc. You are very much appreciated and we are happy to service you again in the future.

01/22/2010

Joanne B.

My Maytag dryer was making a loud noise when it ran, which my husband said was probably the belt. He called Appliance Repair Specialists and told them that he thought that the dryer needed a belt. The repairman came out as scheduled and replaced the blower on the dryer, and did not appear to even consider that it might be the belt. He also did some repair to my refrigerator, which turned out fine. He charged me $145 for the blower, plus tax and labor, and $40 plus tax for the refrigerator. Three days later, the dryer, which had been making a squeaking noise, stopped working again. I called him to come out, and he did something to the tub, no charge and said, "well, that should do it." 7 days after that it stopped working again. He came out a third time and my husband mentioned that he thought it was the belt. Finally the repairman checked the belt and realized that it need to be replaced. This visit he charged us $85 for the belt. We were not offered a refund, an apology, nothing, for replacing a part that did not need to be replaced.

Description of Work
Replaced blower and belt on maytag dryer.

Work Completed On 01/06/2010

We always respect feedback to keep our tech'[Member Information Removed] informed on how their experience was. Thank you. Since this was so long ago, we had a crew change and have very good technicians now. We would like to be able to meet your service needs in the future.

06/17/2009

Dave K.

Don't use this company if you have your own schedule to keep - they do not respect your time and they do not communicate schedule status nor will they work with you to accommodate service call appointments. We called on a Monday and were told we were on the techs schedule for Wednesday. The tech did not show up on Wednesday but called after 4:00 to say that he had a job in front of ours that would take a long time. No call on Thursday until after 3:00 to say that he had another job in front of ours but would try to be there in the afternoon. Tech arrived late in the day on Thursday to diagnose the popping hinge and the frosting freezer. The tech advised he'd have to order a hinge and instructed me to turn-off and leave open the refrigerator-freezer until he would return on "Monday or Tuesday" to finish. No show and no call on Monday. No show and no call on Tuesday. Late in the day Tuesday, we called the company who said they would call the tech and have him call us within an hour. No call; so, we called the company again who gave us the tech's cell phone number so we could contact him directly to determine a status. The tech indicated that he had another job ahead of us that was going to take a long time and would not make it today but would arrive before 9:00 a.m Thursday morning. No show, no call Thursday morning until 09:30 when the tech called to say he was on his way. Tech arrived after 10:00 and the repairs were made quickly and reasonably. The service performed was OK, but we lost days of otherwide productive time waiting for at least a phone call and were disappointed day-after-day when the tech did-not/could-not arrive due to interminable jobs forever sandwiched in front of our job. So, overall, we lost some perishable food, several hours of productive time, and ireplaceable bushel-baskets of patience - but it appears the actual repairs turned out fine.

Description of Work
Service for two refrigerator/freezers, the first a side-by-side that needed hinge maintenance (popping on operation), and the second an upper-lower with the (upper) freezer frosting up. The technician came twice: first to diagnose the reported problems and the second visit to make the repairs. The technician replaced the bottom hinge of the side-by-side refrigerator door and used hot water to flush the drain of the freezer that was frosting. The technician was personable and explained what/why he was doing, demonstrated the old part versus the new part. Both repairs appear to be satisfactory within this first day of operation.

Work Completed On 06/17/2009

10/05/2007

DONNA P.

Our refrigerator/freezer was building up ice in the freezer compartment and then melting, leaking out onto the floor. The tech broke out all of the ice, flushed the evaporator and drain hole (which were full of putty that had been leaking), put in new putty, cleaned up and tested the freezer. He arrived on time, knew before he arrived what was wrong and came equipped to fix the problem.

Description of Work
Appliance Repair Specialists were sent out by our home warranty company. The tech arrived on time and knew before he even looked at the freezer what was wrong. He had all the equipment to repair it and it was done in a timely manner.

10/02/2005

KERSTINE L.

I WOULD SAY I WAS INITIALLY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE IN THAT THE REPAIRMAN CAME WHEN HE PROMISED. HE RETURNED TO SOLVE THE BELT PROBLEM. HOWEVER, HE LEFT QUITE A MESS OF PARTS BOXES AND WOULD NOT TAKE THE OLD PARTS AWAY WITH HIM. WE WERE REQUIRED TO DISPOSE OF THEM. WE HAD A LATER PROBLEM WITH THE WASHER AND CALLED A DIFFERENT COMPANY IN FOR REPAIRS. AT THAT TIME, WE DISCOVERED THAT THE FIRST REPAIRMAN HAD POPPED THE TOP OFF THE WASHER AND IN DOING SO HAD BROKEN THE DETERGENT DISPENSER CAUSING THE MACHINE TO LEAK WATER. WE WERE ALSO TOLD BY THE SECOND COMPANY THAT THE COST OF REPAIRING THE WASHER WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE COST OF A NEW ONE. WE HAD ORIGINALLY PAID $1000 FOR THE MACHINE AND DID NOT REALIZE THEY HAD COME DOWN SO FAR IN PRICE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THE REPAIRMAN FROM APPLIANCE REPAIR SPECIALISTS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO POINT THAT OUT TO US. BUT THEN, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF A JOB. IT COST $75.00, NON-REFUNDABLE, TO HAVE THE REPAIRMAN COME TO THE HOUSE.

Description of Work
OUR MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER WAS MAKING A NOISE THAT SOUNDED PRETTY BAD. WE WERE TOLD THE TUB BEARING WAS BAD. THE OUTER TUB, BEARING AND DRIVE SHAFT SUPPORT WERE REPLACED. THE DAY AFTER THE REPAIR, THE WASHER WAS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY DURING THE SPIN CYCLE. THE REPAIR MAN RETURNED AND FOUND THAT A BELT HAD SLIPPED OFF. HE PUT IT BACK ON.

Cost $426.84

I'm sorry for your negative experience with Appliance Repair Specialists. It's all about who you have working for you and sometimes when it comes to independant contractors you don't get the pick of the litter. We've had issues brought to our attention here in the office with particular technicians in the past and it has resulted in them being let go because of carelessness and/or poor customer relation skills. We will continue to do all we can to provide excellent service now and in the future. I did want to point out one discrepency though, our service charge in 2005 was $55.00 for a diagnosis and estimate, if repairs are done as a result of that appointment, the $55 service fee was applied toward the total bill. Once again, I'm sorry for your negative experience with our company.

Contact

Phone

Federal Way, WA 98023

Website

www.appliancerepairars.net

Hot water heaters, small appliances, vent cleaning under home, rv, restaurant & mobile food.

Check, Visa, MasterCard